What Jerseys should be retired ?

2,236 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Old300Bear
baylor1984
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S. Young, B.Griner, O. Sims, N. Davis. Anymore ?
mimi25408
Sims jersey was retired by Baylor in 2016.
BiPolarBear
I understand Coach Kim won't retire Griner's jersey for the simple reason she has not gotten her College Degree yet and Coach won't do it until then. Getting your degree is an absolute requirement for jersey retirement. There is no other reason that Brittney's jersey has not been retired but that.
ctxbear
Nina is probably in the top 5 of my all-time favorite Baylor athletes list, women and men. However, I tend to think that a national title, or at least a final four appearance, should be a prerequisite for jersey retirement.
Malbec
#23 needs to be retired before any other.
RSBear
Hasn't Suzie's jersey been retired already?
MrGolfguy
I think 4 jerseys have already been "retired"; they are framed and hanging in the concourse of the Ferrell Center. They are Suzie Snider Eppers, Sophia Young, Odyssey Simms, and Melissa Jones. I've been told that Baylor doesn't allow official retiring of jerseys (no reason given) i.e. a banner/jersey hung from the rafters over the court, but they have allowed Mulkey to frame jerseys and put them in the concourse. There are a few mens jerseys that should/could be retired as well.
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
BaylorTaxman
MrGolfguy said:

I think 4 jerseys have already been "retired"; they are framed and hanging in the concourse of the Ferrell Center. They are Suzie Snider Eppers, Sophia Young, Odyssey Simms, and Melissa Jones. I've been told that Baylor doesn't allow official retiring of jerseys (no reason given) i.e. a banner/jersey hung from the rafters over the court, but they have allowed Mulkey to frame jerseys and put them in the concourse. There are a few mens jerseys that should/could be retired as well.

This is correct.
Also, Griner was close on her hours. I hope one day she finishes her degree so we can honor her as well.
BUVA
MrGolfguy said:

There was a banner hung in FC with retired numbers, not sure if removed or just moved.
Wineguy89
Was going to add Sophia Young to the list. Happy to see that's already been done though!!
Richard Reese
(True) Freshman - Bellville, TX
152 carries/791 yards/5.2 YPC/12 touchdowns
11 receptions/80 yards
1 game clinching studly TD vs Kansas
ZERO fumbles

Brett “Big Ballz” Yormark- Commissioner Big 12-16 Conference
One badass new TV contract with more goodies to come
WasheFuzzy
Sophia Young was one of the all-rime greats, plus she won a championship.
Old300Bear
I think Griner has to graduate and apologize to Baylor fans for how she cast them in the ESPN articles by Kate ***in.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.