Kalani Brown

33,336 Views | 154 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by slimecap
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Kalani Brown moved into
.. 6th place all-time on the career scoring list with 2033 points
.. 5th place all-time on the career rebounds list with 1031 rebounds
4th and Inches
I didnt realize we beat UT that badly... pretty good game stats!

(I kid!)
ladybears4eva
Any hope Kalani can win big 12 player of the year!?!??!

Carleton seems to have won the weekly award the most
slimecap

March 2, 2019
slimecap
FAMILY NIGHT for Kalani Brown

GarlandBear84
That's cool that Kalani got a new car from her family on Senior Night, but I don't like the TT colors.
slimecap

slimecap

KALANI BROWN quote

"I'm very excited, very pumped up and I'm very ready to play.

I checked off everything I could think of in my career and the Final Four is the last thing.

I just want to play whoever comes, honestly. I don't have a specific team. There's different talent and different types of play. I don't have a preference. I'm just ready to play."

- Jessika Harkay, Baylor Lariat, 18 Mar 2019
slimecap

slimecap

Saddle Up!
Awesome video, slimecap! Thanks for sharing!
slimecap

slimecap

Hot Pink wingspan
gone to Tickfaw
send that to the WNBA
Polarbear
This postseason could not have set up more perfectly for Kalani.
1) She got through the regular season without injury, and with plenty of rest. She averaged only 26 minutes per game, which is astonishingly low for an All American player, but with our talent and depth we had the luxury of resting her. She should have fresh legs and good energy for this run.
2) She has tremendous motivation, having never been to a Final Four. Her legacy at Baylor is already set in stone. With 2,000 points and 1,000 rebounds, she'll probably go into the Baylor Athletic Hall of Fame, and is a good candidate to have her jersey retired. The only thing missing from her resume is a Final Four appearance, and a National Championship. She's well aware.
3) Kalani's path to the National Championship takes her right through the other best Centers in the country. There is a Top 10 list announced for the Lisa Leslie award, but only 4 real contenders. Kalani is one of them. To win the NC, she'll likely have to go through the other 3. Kristine Anigwe of Cal, Megan Gustafson of Iowa, and Teairra McCowan of MS. She has a chance to go head to head with each of them, and prove that she's been undervalued and overlooked this season. I hope that Kalani gets the chance to compete against each of them.

I believe that Kalani has flown under the radar this season, mainly because of the swarming double and triple teams. It's so clear how much she impacts the game when she goes to the bench for rest or foul trouble; we're not the same team. Chloe and Juicy have had countless open looks at the hoop this year, primarily due to the attention that Kalani draws. Chloe shot 48%, Juicy 43%; they are wonderful and accurate shooters, but I'm not sure they would have the same high % if Kalani had not drawn so much attention away from them.

Kalani has been a wonderful ambassador for Baylor and our basketball team. I'm pulling hard for her to have this dream run, right through the list of other All American Centers, and add a NC to her legacy.
slimecap
Polarbear, We are enjoying your evaluations. Thank you for your posts!
slimecap

slimecap

bowdedg
Love this! So much love and respect
slimecap

slimecap

slimecap

Attending 2019 WNBA Draft.
Watch live tomorrow 7pm ET on ESPN2
DFW Bill
In a new WNBA Mock Draft Kalani moved up to #5 and Chloe jumped up from #35 to #22 with the Dallas Wings.
slimecap

CONGRATULATIONS KALANI !
slimecap

Chibears2
Supposedly, today is a likely day for a trade announcement by Sparks in which Kalani will most likely be involved. Cambage to LA. Maybe Kalani to Dallas, which would mean having her closer to home, but also possibly a third team involved, so unsure what that could mean for Kalani. Hoping things work out to her advantage.

slimecap

zt1014
I read an article yesterday that interviewed the owner of Dallas. He said as of right now they have nothing. LA has actually lowered their offer also.
Chibears2
Yes, thanks to Slimecap's post, I saw read that article, as well. Sounds to me like Dallas overplayed their hand. They took Arike with their first pick, knowing they were going to lose Cambage. Makes me think they were pretty confident they would get a center in a trade. Sparks have too many. However, Brianna Stewart going down with an Achilles' tendon tear means she's lost for the season and puts another player in action for a center. Things are not where they were before the draft. How they end up and how Kalani is involved will be interesting to see....
willtalk
Chibears2 said:

Yes, thanks to Slimecap's post, I saw read that article, as well. Sounds to me like Dallas overplayed their hand. They took Arike with their first pick, knowing they were going to lose Cambage. Makes me think they were pretty confident they would get a center in a trade. Sparks have too many. However, Brianna Stewart going down with an Achilles' tendon tear means she's lost for the season and puts another player in action for a center. Things are not where they were before the draft. How they end up and how Kalani is involved will be interesting to see....
Yes Dallas certainly did overplay their hand. The wanted close to equal value for Cambage, which due to circumstances, they were never going to get. They were trying to get one of LA's big three ( Parker, Nanika, Gray), which was not going to happen. Cambage, while a really dominating player, still comes with a degree of risk. You would never know when she would decide to quit.

LA probably dropped their offer because before the draft they did not know that Brown would be available to them at that pick. Although they still would like to get Cambage, getting Brown makes Cambage less tempting. They really did not have a low post option to match up with players like Griner, Cambage and other tall centers height wise. Lavender is a 3 in a 5's body. They really need to find a trade partner for her because she is getting a maximum salary and she certainly is not worth it to the Sparks. She has a guaranteed contract so they just cannot release her. With Brown on board either Vadeeva, or Lavender is excess but Vadeeva is on a rookie salary while they need Lavenders cap space to resign Gray.
GarlandBear84
It would be very interesting to most of us to see Kalani cover Griner and vice versa. How do you think that would turn out?
bowdedg
slimecap

April 18, 2019
at the National Championship Parade

Kalani,
We will see you when you visit the UTA arena as a WNBA LA Sparks !
BaylorRocks
GarlandBear84 said:

It would be very interesting to most of us to see Kalani cover Griner and vice versa. How do you think that would turn out?
Very bad for the young'n. But give it time......
willtalk
zunooreo said:

GarlandBear84 said:

Very bad for the young'n. But give it time......
I would agree. Griner has been playing her best ball in the last couple of years. But bigger bodies like Brown have always given Griner the most trouble. And when you add Browns height- who knows. Most rookies always have problems their first year adjusting to the level of players they will face. Post players in particular, because they never ever face so many good posts in college.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.