Kalani Brown

33,510 Views | 154 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by slimecap
SATXBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
setshot said:

One of the greatest Bears of all time and one of the great Bear families in our long tradition of great ones.
We are blessed to have them in our midst. It is impossible not to love Kalani, both as a player and as a person.

I second this sentiment. Thank you Kalani for being a Bear and a class act.
TXtoCO
Kalani took a beating for four years in a Baylor uni and deserves much more respect than she is receiving here. We would have never won a title without her. Thank you, KB, for being a Lady Bear and for all that you did off and on the court! You are/were a Bear!
slimecap
Best wishes, Kalani !

Eball
No playing time in 1st preseason game? What's up
Pale Rider
TXtoCO said:

Kalani took a beating for four years in a Baylor uni and deserves much more respect than she is receiving here. We would have never won a title without her. Thank you, KB, for being a Lady Bear and for all that you did off and on the court! You are/were a Bear!

I don't believe anyone has disrespected Kalani. She is much loved.
buildabear1
Not sure if you have followed this thread in particular. But sic em 94 and I quote. She should have keep her a$$ at home., Agreed by saddle up and zunooreo. So yes there has been plenty of disrespect. But like most some don't get the same chances as others to have a opinion, without judgement. I've seen this sort of conversation on other board's and hope and pray that it wouldn't happen here.
jumpinjoe
OK, so 3 people out of over 100,000 alumni who disrespected her doesn't really make your case. Who knows, those three might just be trolls who hate on Baylor at any chance they get.

The overwhelming majority appreciate her for who she is and what she has done.
Joined BaylorFans in 1999 under username jumpinjoe. Have always been Jumpinjoe. Proud 4 Year Baylor letterman and 1968 graduate and charter member of Quartermiler U, produced school record in 400 IH.
Pale Rider
buildabear1 said:

Not sure if you have followed this thread in particular. But sic em 94 and I quote. She should have keep her a$$ at home., Agreed by saddle up and zunooreo. So yes there has been plenty of disrespect. But like most some don't get the same chances as others to have a opinion, without judgement. I've seen this sort of conversation on other board's and hope and pray that it wouldn't happen here.

Most uncalled for and completely inappropriate. Despicable in fact.
BaylorRocks
buildabear1 said:

I never once disrespected her. Don't misquote me for your own benefit. Not appreciated.
Eball
zunooreo said:

buildabear1 said:

I never once disrespected her. Don't misquote me for your own benefit. Not appreciated.
"A big stain. So disrespectful. And embarrassing herself, her team, coaches, and school. Goes out very badly (and sadly) in my book."

Well it sure looks like you disrespected her this is your post....
Baylor Dad in Va.
zunooreo said:

buildabear1 said:

I never once disrespected her. Don't misquote me for your own benefit
When you agree with two others that say "She should have keep her a$$ at home.", and then say she was "disrespectful. And embarrassing herself, her team, coaches, and school" what else should we believe?

Kalani did absolutely nothing at all that she should be embarrassed about, and in no way did anything that was derogatory to Baylor. And I will challenge anyone that says otherwise.

WacoKelly83
Can this thread just die.
BUBBFAN
WacoKelly83 said:

Can this thread just die.
For sure. This horse has been beat to death.
Saddle Up!
buildabear1 said:

I want to clarify one thing, since I was mentioned in your post. You only quoted the first line of Sic Em94's post, not the entire post. I was agreeing with his assertion that the referenced posting was potentially embarrassing, not the line you quoted. In all my years on both this board and BaylorFans.com, I have NEVER addressed anyone or any situation with that type of language or emotion, and I don't agree that Kalani should not have gone, at all. I also agree with Pale Rider's characterization.

Finally, in another thread, I recanted and apologized to Briana for the characterization I used regarding her sister, and I'm including that post here, for anyone who may have missed it:

Briana, as someone who posted a comment about your sister "tarnishing" her career at Baylor, I always try to be honest about evaluating what I do and say, and if necessary, make every attempt to correct any mistake I might feel that I made. To that end, I regret having posted that specific phrase or terminology, and in retrospect I feel that I was 100% wrong for having done so. My wife and I have loved everything about the Lady Bears program from the time of Kim's arrival, from her down to the young ladies who have worn the green and gold over the years. That absolutely includes your sister, and each and every one of her teammates. It also includes their families, who are all such an integral part of who they are, and who share each girl as part of the Baylor family. That includes you.

Kalani did not tarnish her career, any more than I hope and pray that I did with that hyperbolic comment in the emotion of the moment, and I was wrong for having said that she did. I hope you and your family will forgive me for that.

I do stand by my opinion that it would have been better, both for her and for Baylor, had she not done it, but it absolutely does not define her or her character which is why the "tarnish" comment was wrong. Lord knows that I don't want to be characterized by some of my choices or actions when I was her age, or this week for that matter!

I would just conclude by offering that I hope it might help clarify at least my thoughts to point out that had someone from the Baylor entourage during their 2012 visit to the Obama White House posted a video of some of the day 's events, with comments referring to him as Barry, or even worse, Hussein, as well as a mirror selfie labeling it as the Bush White House, many who have no problem with this might feel that wasn't the best choice, and just so you know, I would completely agree with them in that scenario.

But just to be clear, we love Kalani, and by extension her family, including you, and she has been a remarkable champion and ambassador for Baylor. I pray God's richest blessings for her, for you, and for your family.

Sic'Em!

SaddleUp!
slimecap
slimecap

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.