Abilene Christian Scouting Report

7,430 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MrGolfguy
MommaBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assuming the Lady Bears crush Abilene, when do they play the winner of the other match-up?

Trying to get games on my calendar so that I can plan LIFE around basketball.

ScottS
Monday
historian
Already have my tickets for both!
greggor25
I'll be at Saturday's game. Can't wait for tourney to start!
Meladee
historian said:

Naturally, WBB facing ACU is exactly the same thing as FB against Liberty in 2017.

There are so many similarities:

1) A first year HC with a good record elsewhere and much promise at Baylor compared to one of the best HC's of all time who has been at Baylor for many years.

2) A HC trying to rebuild a team after a national "scandal" that decimated the program compared to a top ranked powerhouse that regularly dominates the Big 12.

3) Barely making it to a bowl game in 2018 compared to conference championships (both regular season and tournament) as a staple for several years and 2 national titles.

4) An unranked team for 2 years compared to the team that has been #1 for several weeks this year & many times over the past several years--including the entire 2011-12 season (42-0).

5) An entire recruiting class decimated by said "scandal" compared to the #1 recruiting class in the nation.

Then again, maybe there is no comparison. Sorry about the sarcasm; I could not resist.

You did it better than I was going to and saved me the time.

Comparing 2017 FB to 2019 WBB is epic level stupidity.
ScottS
https://acusports.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=209
LadyChickBear
ckilpatrick said:

geewago, I live in Abilene and actually graduated from ACU in 2013. Have been a lady bear fan ever since 2005 when they won their first championship. Cool to know Abilene is your old stomping grounds. Even tho acu is my alumni, I'm all Lady Bears!
Love Abilene!! Attended HSU and taught at Abilene High for 13 years!! Just returned from there after doing some UIL judging on Wednesday.
blaquebear92
My husband taught at Abilene High for over 20+ years. We have had season tickets for a long time.
StatMan
DFW Bill said:

ACU has a 6'4" Post that does not start and plays seven minutes a game, three 6'1" players that are their number 4, 5, and 6 scorers. The rest are all smaller. They lost to Texas Tech by 51 points. Is this enough information?

Massey Reports has Baylor favored by 48 points, The Freshman will get some minutes Saturday. Stronger opponent in the game on Monday.

North Carolina by 3 over California.

I expect the #1 ranked Baylor Lady Bears to dominate the Abilene Christian Wildcats by 40+ points in the 1st Round. Points in the Paint mismatch in favor of Baylor. Get ready for a 'blowout near the Brazos', and I hope the ACU fans enjoy their brief stay in Waco.
MrGolfguy
StatMan said:

I expect the #1 ranked Baylor Lady Bears to dominate the Abilene Christian Wildcats by 40+ points in the 1st Round.
It'll be 40 at halftime Statboy
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.