WBB Recruiting

33,260 Views | 113 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by HustleBear
hitmanmw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Good gosh why??????
GrizBear
buildabear1 said:

Nothing definite, but hearing SA to Horn's. I would rather have H Turner. Defensive player of the year and a great score and disher.
Two words: Chasity Patterson

Hope she's trolling them.
CavalryRoadie
hitmanmw said:

Good gosh why??????
1.) Sutton will be gone
2.) Not another highly-ranked PG on the roster or among Texas' 2019 recruits.
3.) Kids like Austin (even though it isn't "weird" any longer)
mimi25408
Texas did pick up a 2020 point guard in Ashley Chevailer
But yes Sug and Higgs will be gone
WIBear
Visited the Boneyard (the UConn website). Apparently, this is the first weekend that 2020 high school athletes can take official visits. Does anyone know if Baylor has any scheduled visits?
HustleBear
baylor1984 said:

Just get Gusters and Andrews and BU will be set for 2020.
This!!!
HustleBear
buildabear1 said:

Nothing definite, but hearing SA to Horn's. I would rather have H Turner. Defensive player of the year and a great score and disher.
Wow! Turner must be an absolute beast, if you rather have her than Andrews...?
Dcheetah
2 small updates

Hannah Gusters announcing on her Instagram that she is announcing her commitment soon. Us vs UConn vs TX most likely. Any info out there. Hopeful on her.

HVL chosen to world 3v3 USA team. She was MVP for this last year. Hard to find any info on her but us, Oregon, UConn seem to be favorites. UConn has taken 2 guards so far already and Oregon has Shelley coming for point in 2019 with another guard signed and another 5star (Paopao?) Likely to commit so I am hopeful but can find no recent info linking her with us other than her Oct visit and Mulkey taking all staff to scout her twice in the last year.

Anyone know anything about these recruits or Andrews or anyone else?
HustleBear
I know there's a lot that factors into ones recruitment, but if you base it off what's going on at U.Conn and Oregon. Baylor would seem like the most logical landing spot for HVL.

I do wonder how much Oregon St. is involved in her recruitment, because they would also seem like another really good option.

I always hear about Gusters, Andrews and HVL, but who are the others on the radar?
Big Bear
Leilani Kapinus and Treasure Hunt have been offered as per some websites. Camilla Kardosa maybe another. She and Treasure play on the same team. Gusters first, if not then Kardosa?? Sasha Goforth of AR has visited, not sure about an offer.
HustleBear
Thanx
WIBear
Big Bear said:

Leilani Kapinus and Treasure Hunt have been offered as per some websites. Camilla Kardosa maybe another. She and Treasure play on the same team. Gusters first, if not then Kardosa?? Sasha Goforth of AR has visited, not sure about an offer.

Leilani Kapinus is from the Madison, Wisconsin area (Fitchburg). Would love for Baylor to sign her. Maybe the team would even play a game in my neck of the woods!
slimecap

and it begins
Nike Girls EYBL Session I - Boo Williams
April 26-28, 2019 Hampton, Virginia
slimecap
Dnicknames said:

Does the Natty put the entire nation as a recruiting possibility for 2020?
Additionally The WNBA trade involving Odyssey Sims and Alexis Jones
is stirring positive Baylor talk in the basketball community
.. Both were coached in high school by Baylor graduate Suzie Oelschlegel
.. Both were coached by Kim Mulkey
Top recruits, their parents and club ball/AAU coaches
look for program histories that help their young athletes achieve their WNBA dream.
Wineguy89
REALLY hope HVL becomes a Lady Bear. She's got a lot of "young Kim" in her.
HustleBear
Big Bear said:

Goforth put out a top three and Baylor is not in it. So that's that.
Dcheetah
Bummer, I was hoping she would be our 3pt threat in this class.
Dcheetah
I hope so to and have had the same thoughts. Recently UConn board had her as OSU Beavers (brother plays baseball there) vs Oregon so I hope they are wrong. Of course prior to that it was Baylor vs UConn so I hope we are being legitimately considered. HVL is as quiet about her recruiting as Kim is about hers.

Could she co-exist with Sarah Andrews at either the 1 or 2? Would HVL here cause Sarah and Hannah to look elsewhere? If so, I am on the SA/HG bandwagon. However, if all 3 came in, think of the possibilities. I do wish HVL and SA were a little taller though.
HVL has grown to 5'9 on USA site.

I think she would be great under Kim. Besides her under the radar visit here in October, does anyone know if she is still truly considering us?
ScottS
HustleBear said:

Big Bear said:

Goforth put out a top three and Baylor is not in it. So that's that.

Bummer
Dcheetah
https://twitter.com/thebig_galactus

Sarah Andrew's playing with ProskillsGbb looking good at Boo Williams...
23 pts 5 assists first game yesterday

Hannah Gusters 11 pts 8 rbs going vs.Big that just committed to Notre Dame.
ScottS
Whats our chances at Andrews or Gusters?
Eball
ScottS said:

Whats our chances at Andrews or Gusters?
We are the National Champions...one year removed from recruiting the #1 class in the Country...and have Kim as our coach...I like our chances with anyone!
DFW Bill
Scott...........call me when you get the chance.
lookin4awin
HustleBear said:

baylor1984 said:

This!!!
This!!! Why are we acting like Scott-Grayson can't handle this. She was one of the top guards in the nation coming out of high school, if not the top. She has looked very solid when she played.
bowdedg
lookin4awin said:

HustleBear said:

baylor1984 said:

This!!!
This!!! Why are we acting like Scott-Grayson can't handle this. She was one of the top guards in the nation coming out of high school, if not the top. She has looked very solid when she played.
I agree that Scott-Grayson can handle the point, however, Andrews will be an incoming Freshman during Scott-Grayson's junior year. Most Freshman are not ready for the court, so learning under Scott-Grayson would be a good fit.
Dcheetah
Injuries occur too. Besides, HSG may play some 2 also so both could be on the court.
3rdgenbear
Agreed! Scott Grayson will be the starting PG or SG her junior and senior years, barring injury. She is right on track!
HustleBear
lookin4awin said:

HustleBear said:

baylor1984 said:

This!!!
It's called competition. KM job is to recruit the very best student-athletes available. It's up to the players themselves to decided who starts or not.

If KM thought HSG was the PG of the future. She probably wouldn't be in the marked for a grad-transfer PG. Then again, maybe that's about competition too. Either way, it's about winning CHAMPIONSHIPS.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
HustleBear said:

lookin4awin said:

HustleBear said:

baylor1984 said:

This!!!
It's called competition. KM job is to recruit the very best student-athletes available. It's up to the players themselves to decided who starts or not.

If KM thought HSG was the PG of the future. She probably wouldn't be in the marked for a grad-transfer PG. Then again, maybe that's about competition too. Either way, it's about winning CHAMPIONSHIPS.
Nobody is guaranteed a starting spot, not even Cox. You put the best on the court to win.

via GIPHY

57Bear
Because of her work ethic and her skill set, given full recovery Cox is almost certain to start.
HustleBear
...isn't that essentially what I said? Though Cox is an exception to the rule.
57Bear
I was referring to: "Nobody is guaranteed a starting spot, not even Cox."
LadyBears42
HSG is the epitome of a competitor and skill set is definitely there. I've watched her compete against the best of the best (2-3 times older than her) and dominant. I watched her get hurt really bad in a game, she got up and refused to come out because the game was on the line, played through the pain and got the win. Don't let her laidback demeanor fool you, she's just an extremely humble and respectful kid.
ChapBear
I also believe that HSG will be ready this upcoming season. Juicy might start early but I believe that HSG will start by season's end. She made some really headturning plays towards the end of the season.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
57Bear said:

Because of her work ethic and her skill set, given full recovery Cox is almost certain to start.
Yes, but if you are a competitor (Egbo/Smith/etc.) you aren't giving that starting spot to Cox and she isn't expecting it. She's going to continue to earn it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.