WBB Recruiting

33,256 Views | 113 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by HustleBear
Brian Ethridge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
HustleBear said:

...isn't that essentially what I said? Though Cox is an exception to the rule.
It is and I reinforced it, but I disagree on Cox. You have to earn it every year, I have little doubt she will be a starter, but she isn't resting on her accomplishments and the rising classes are not rolling over to let her keep the spot.
57Bear
Brian Ethridge said:

57Bear said:

Because of her work ethic and her skill set, given full recovery Cox is almost certain to start.
Yes, but if you are a competitor (Egbo/Smith/etc.) you aren't giving that starting spot to Cox and she isn't expecting it. She's going to continue to earn it.
Poor KM - such a problem!
gone to Tickfaw
Lauren Cox is being mentioned as the top contender to take next year's player of the year award away from Sabrina Ionescu.

We are blessed.

people have noticed.

finally
TXtoCO
Cox didn't get the recognition this year because her stats were not what some of the other players in the nation had. But she sacrificed stats for the team and it paid off. Next year with Kalani gone I suspect that Cox will have all-American stats and will get the recognition that she deserves. She is living up to that number 1 ranking coming out of high school. Where would you rank Joyner Holmes?
CavalryRoadie
If prior performance is a predictor of the future, I think LC's stats will still lag behind other top players - with the exception of Field Goal %, Assists, Assists/Turnover Ratio, Blocks, Rebounds, and Won/Loss Record.
Dcheetah
Any recruiting info out there?
ScottS
Any updates?
Dcheetah
Nm. Can't get Toyelle Wilson's 4/27/19 twitter to post.
If some can post, any thoughts? 4 recruits told no 3 considering?
GarlandBear84

Dcheetah
Thx. I am part Amish with this. How do you get twitter and pic to show up in text?
GarlandBear84
All I did on the Tweet was "copy link" and then paste it here.
Dcheetah
Thanks.
ScottS
I might be 3/4ths Amish
ABC BEAR
ScottS said:

I might be 3/4ths Amish
If I claim 1/1024th does it allow me any preferential treatment?
bubbadog
I didn't realize J-Lo was that short.
"Free your ass and your mind will follow." -- George Clinton
slimecap

hitmanmw
If Texas beats us out for Sarah I'm gonna be sick.
Lone Star
hitmanmw said:

UT has a history of not developing players. Gets the players but, they don't develop into better players or, they transfer as has happened of late.

Kim (and assistants) have shown steady development of players. Just look at the number of BU players that go onto the next level compared to those that go on from UT.

And like CKM says, these kids (referring to our freshman class) "know the value of championships" (I love that line).

I hope Sarah and other recruits take that into account when they look at a school.
HustleBear
2020 PG Te-Hina Paopao officially commits to Oregon
Dcheetah
With Pao pao, Shelley, and another 5 star guard coming in, maybe this helps in the HVL sweepstakes. Think UConn is probably out with the 2 Euros coming in - they need a big - hopefully not HG.
Dcheetah
Oregon is supposed to get one more guard tomorrow. Speculation is Minion Moore or Deja Kelly or E. Westbrook or HVL. If not HVL, maybe she really is going to be a Bear. If so, I hope there still is a way to get in Sarah Andrews and Hannah Gusters. I think Sarah will be a star in college.
Dcheetah
Oregon is supposed to get one more guard tomorrow. Speculation is Minion Moore or Deja Kelly or E. Westbrook or HVL. If not HVL, maybe she really is going to be a Bear. If so, I hope there still is a way to get in Sarah Andrews and Hannah Gusters. I think Sarah will be a star in college.
HustleBear
Don't sleep on Oregon St. with HVL. Just saying
Dcheetah
Yeah, she has a brother playing baseball there.

Have you read anything strongly indicating that or going from message board chatter?
slimecap
2023 SAMANTHA WAGNER

GoldenBear
Brian Ethridge said:

57Bear said:

Because of her work ethic and her skill set, given full recovery Cox is almost certain to start.
Yes, but if you are a competitor (Egbo/Smith/etc.) you aren't giving that starting spot to Cox and she isn't expecting it. She's going to continue to earn it

Smith can play the 3 spot along with Egbo and Cox this makes a touch front line. We can win another National Championship in 2020.
HustleBear
Nah.....just saying. OSU is just as good of an option as any IMO.
IslandBear
Smith, Egbo and DeCosta will rub shoulders with Van Lith at Colorado Springs in 10 days. That's three Baylor recruiters right there.

Quote:

Trials to select the 12-member team will be held May 16-19 at the United States Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Training camp will follow July 5-19, with the U19 World Cup competition taking place July 20-28 in Bangkok, Thailand.
HustleBear
I get the feeling that most of you are not all that confident in landing Andrews. Am I wrong?

I would love to see HVL at Baylor, but with Andrews, you kill two birds with one stone.
Onward Go
hitmanmw said:

If Texas beats us out for Sarah, she'll end up as a mediocre player.

Good prospects should go where there's great coaching in order to become great players.
HustleBear
Andrews may or may not reach her full potential at Texas, but mediocre (doubt it) .....?
Dcheetah
I want SA most both for her game and her ties with HG but would live to see both her and HVL because currently we have no true PGs (I am thinking of HSG as more of a combo guard and eventually to replace Juicy) and that would give us high quality depth. See Moon as more of a 2.
Onward Go
HustleBear said:

Andrews may or may not reach her full potential at Texas, but mediocre (doubt it) .....?
Of course, still pretty good. But think about Joyner Holmes. She seems to digress every year, and looks mediocre compared to her potential with which she arrived as a freshman. And Charli Collier seems headed down the same path, looking listless and at times lost with lackluster play.
ScottS
HVL twitter background question....on her page it has confetti coming down.

https://twitter.com/haileyvll?lang=en

Anyone know who's confetti that is? Was it from her state title game or when she was on the olympic team, or could it be our confetti from our natty?
Dcheetah
HVL just participated for USA in FIBA U-17 world championships and helped lead USA to championship as second leading scorer with 12 pts. Leading scorer for US was Haley Jones with 13. Anyway, suspect confetti is from that. Also our confetti in Tampa had more pastel colors and those are more USA colors.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.