WNBA draft

6,392 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by slimecap
willtalk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ladybears4eva said:

I have a feeling she might be traded for cambage.
Yes, that could certainly happen even after the season starts. While LA really wants Cambage, because with her they should win the Championship, having Brown is a good second option, so much so that they are not in any hurry to make a trade. This is why they probably will let Dallas dangle a bit before any trade happens. If I were LA I would substitute Lavender for either Brown or Vadeeva in respect to their last offer. They offered Vadeeva and this and next years first round choice for Cambage but then rescinded the offer after the draft. Obviously, they do not want to give up both Vadeeva and Brown ( who turned out to be this years #1 )- two young post players who are still on their rookie salaries. Teams need to have a certain number of players on rookie salaries to stay under the cap. After a number of years, players automatically get a raise to the maximum salary. Both Gray and Sims reached that level this year. They already signed Sims but are waiting to see what roster changes will happen to sign Gray. They need to drop about 25 thousand in salary. Getting rid of Lavender will get rid of 110 thousand. Too much for an expendable reserve. They extended her after she was named the sixth player of the year, but she hasn't been the same since.
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?

PLOT THICKENS Chiney Ogwumike traded to Los Angeles Sparks

Does this end ... or resume ... trade speculation for Kalani Brown to Dallas Wings ?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.