Oregon vs Baylor rematch

8,064 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Chibears2
geo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hi everyone. I am an avid reader of this forum and huge fan of lady bear basketball. I was on twitter and saw this very interesting tweet. Is there any confirmation? I think it would be a great match up, and I hope it would be on television. if it does happen

geo
Just saw the Ducks replied, and confirmed they will play either Baylor or South Carolina. Either way, it sounds like to be a great tournament.

Hairy Bear
Would rather see the ducks in the final 4.
Dcheetah
Agree with this. However, it also gives us a chance to see their O again. We really seemed to do better on D as the game went along.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Great measuring stick for the Ducks to go up against the team that sent them to the weight room in 2019.
bawitdaball
Our length and size - I'd prefer not to give them time to adjust. That being said - it is what it is. But I imagine we'll be paired with USC and become the thorn in Dawn Staley's backside for another year.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
bawitdaball said:

Our length and size - I'd prefer not to give them time to adjust. That being said - it is what it is. But I imagine we'll be paired with USC and become the thorn in Dawn Staley's backside for another year.
Especially if USCe PG transfers in.
WIBear
And if LC is back to 100 percent.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
WIBear said:

No reason she won't be 100% in the next 6-8 weeks.
Jacques Strap
Brian Ethridge said:

WIBear said:

HarryJohnson
We may have to go to this! That is the most awesome lineup for an early season tournament I have seen.
Chibears2
Went to see ladies play in Paradise Jam in '08, I think. Was a great trip! Doubt it will be televised, but bet it will be streamed. High school sized gym. I can still hear in my mind, the public address guy going, "And there offffff," his voice dropping an octave each time.... Sat on one of the jeeps (with shot shocks and springs) shuttling fans from hotel to venue and back with Barry Alvarez and his wife. Tried to be friendly. He was a... euphemistically speaking, jerk!
ladybears4eva
Now i want to go
Eball
Looking forward to next season!
historian
Jacques Strap said:

Brian Ethridge said:

WIBear said:

I had forgotten about this until I stumbled across it this afternoon:

https://twitter.com/BaylorWBB/status/1088253033669120000/video/1
historian
Chibears2 said:

Went to see ladies play in Paradise Jam in '08, I think. Was a great trip! Doubt it will be televised, but bet it will be streamed. High school sized gym. I can still hear in my mind, the public address guy going, "And there offffff," his voice dropping an octave each time.... Sat on one of the jeeps (with shot shocks and springs) shuttling fans from hotel to venue and back with Barry Alvarez and his wife. Tried to be friendly. He was a... euphemistically speaking, jerk!
They would be fools not to televise it: the returning national champs against the two teams that arguably gave Baylor the most trouble in 2018-19.
mimi25408
It's usually just streamed
Brian Ethridge
Staff
We'll set up a package with Simpson Travels if you'd like.
geewago
Brian Ethridge said:

Might be of interest.
historian
Unfortunately, we probably have to wait until July to see the schedule.
Chibears2
I'm not sure they have the facilities and infrastructure needed to support broadcasting, and in the past, it has only been streamed....
Jacques Strap
Chibears2 said:

I'm not sure they have the facilities and infrastructure needed to support broadcasting, and in the past, it has only been streamed....
I liked the football game facebook stream last year because fewer commercials. I wonder if they'll have the usually TV timeouts. If no TV timeouts the deeper team would have an edge with less stoppage of play.
historian
Jacques Strap said:

Chibears2 said:

I liked the football game facebook stream last year because fewer commercials. I wonder if they'll have the usually TV timeouts. If no TV timeouts the deeper team would have an edge with less stoppage of play.
Yes, that was nice but I'd rather have a regular broadcast so more people can watch. Not everyone has (or wants) Facebook so that eliminated some people from the audience. For example, my parents missed the game because of that. They tried to watch it using the Firestick but it did not work.
Scout Bear
It's a great trip. Spent a lot of time on the beach in my speedo and a bottle of rum.
Pale Rider
Scout Bear said:

It's a great trip. Spent a lot of time on the beach in my speedo and a bottle of rum.

Yikes! That's a little bit more info than I need.
slimecap
Scout Bear said:

SIC 'EM Scout Bear
green and gold afar
Chibears2
Enjoyed the beachside bars and Thanksgiving buffet. Loaded up on duty free rum, jewelry and some electronics. Not a cheap trip, but loads of fun.
SSadler
Brian Ethridge said:

I'm vocationally tired, as of end of May re-rired, and RETIRING!

first goal of retirement is committed to (1) resting (2)following Ladybear bball and (3) maxing out all credit cards required of (1) and (2)

I'm IN on a Sic'em travel package if it's a way to get tickets to the JAM.

and Historian, I fully expect someone like you to FIND us the dates and location (Hartford or Storrs) of BU/UCONN match up.
historian
SSadler said:

Brian Ethridge said:

I'm vocationally tired, as of end of May re-rired, and RETIRING!

first goal of retirement is committed to (1) resting (2)following Ladybear bball and (3) maxing out all credit cards required of (1) and (2)

I'm IN on a Sic'em travel package if it's a way to get tickets to the JAM.

and Historian, I fully expect someone like you to FIND us the dates and location (Hartford or Storrs) of BU/UCONN match up.
lol

I will know when you do: when Baylor announces the schedule. I don't expect any info until July.
TXtoCO
Hairy Bear said:

I'm not sure we want to see them there. They are going to be loaded next season.
historian
TXtoCO said:

Hairy Bear said:

I'm not sure we want to see them there. They are going to be loaded next season.
Probably. But we will be too.

I'm curious as to who will take on PG duties now that Chloe has moved on.
Dcheetah
From the Paradise Jam schedule released today. 3 games in 3 nights - round Robin

Oregon, Louisville, Oklahoma State, and UT Arlington will compete in the Paradise Jam Island Division with daily tipoffs at 2 p.m. and 4:15 p.m. Baylor, Indiana, South Carolina and Washington State will compete in the Paradise Jam Reef Division with nightly tipoffs at 6:45 p.m. and 9 p.m.

We will have some good games prob harder than the other division.
whitetrash
Dcheetah said:

From the Paradise Jam schedule released today. 3 games in 3 nights - round Robin

Oregon, Louisville, Oklahoma State, and UT Arlington will compete in the Paradise Jam Island Division with daily tipoffs at 2 p.m. and 4:15 p.m. Baylor, Indiana, South Carolina and Washington State will compete in the Paradise Jam Reef Division with nightly tipoffs at 6:45 p.m. and 9 p.m.

We will have some good games prob harder than the other division.
In other words, no rematch with Oregon. This also means somebody other than SCar will be our SEC challenge matchup (probably MissSt?).

Indiana was an up and comer last year. Knocked off Iowa I think. Washington St finished 9-21 last year, including a loss to KU.
Bear in AL
There WILL be a rematch with Oregon . . . it just won't be in November. It'll be in April 2020, as in April 5, 2020!
Dcheetah
Yep. And... Indiana is who knocked TX out of the tourmament.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.