Other Wbb recruiting

20,204 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Dcheetah
Dcheetah
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brooke Demetre to Stanford. Another big time pickup. I know we had offered. Stanford is building a program to rival Oregon and will be very tough. This is the PAC 12s shining sport besides W softball and Volleyball.
Lone Star
Dcheetah said:

Brooke Demetre to Stanford. Another big time pickup. I know we had offered. Stanford is building a program to rival Oregon and will be very tough. This is the PAC 12s shining sport besides W softball and Volleyball.
Solid player. Good size frame, not blazing quickness. Shot hard to block but has great range.
Dcheetah
All true but she is much more than a solid player. Good step back with size. She will be a handful if-when we have to play her.
Lone Star
Dcheetah said:

All true but she is much more than a solid player. Good step back with size. She will be a handful if-when we have to play her.
LOL. I thought I just said that (minus the step back part)?

The PAC-12 has to worry about her, not us. I do wish we had her though.

Dcheetah
I was responding to the solid part. She is much better than solid. Anyway, semantics. She can also get to the rim well per recent reports. Yes she will be a PAC12 concern but I expect we will see Stanford at tournament time possibly more than once in her upcoming years. I was also really hoping we would get her.
Dcheetah
Lauren Ware and Sedona Prince at Oregon this weekend.
Hairy Bear
Dcheetah said:

Lauren Ware and Sedona Prince at Oregon this weekend.
Prince may not end up at UConn if she is still looking. Wherever she goes, she will still need the first year playing significant minutes which she did not get last year because of an injury, the point being she still has a year to play before she is truly ready to contribute at a high level.
Lone Star
I believe Prince goes to Notre Dame. The closest school to home and she will be able to play right away. She will be sitting the bench in Oregon behind Hebard and the Sabally sisters for a year if she goes there.
Dcheetah
Jordan Nixon to A&M. Will sit out transfer year.
mimi25408
Prince to Oregon
Dcheetah
They are going to be tough. They also are going to have a lot of good transfers in the next few years.
willtalk
Prince just announced that she will be transferring to Oregon. This is a big loss for Uconn.
Eball
Prince will sit one year right?
HustleBear
Apparently not....
Eball
HustleBear said:

Apparently not....
Anybody know for sure? She getting a waiver? I would think coming off injury and going to a team that is pretty much loaded it would actually make a lot of sense if she sat but if she is able to play physically and not subject to transfer rule then I am sure she will get some playing time.
slimecap
Eball said:

Anybody know for sure? She getting a waiver? I would think coming off injury and going to a team that is pretty much loaded it would actually make a lot of sense if she sat but if she is able to play physically and not subject to transfer rule then I am sure she will get some playing time.
"Texas transfer Sedona Prince will petition the NCAA to play immediately at Oregon, she told DuckTerritory.com on Saturday morning. A former top 10 recruit, the 6-foot-7 center sat the entirety of the 2018-19 season after suffering a broken right leg in international competition last summer.

"I'll be pushing for that waiver," she said in a phone interview. "I've heard from a few people that there's a good chance that I'll get it. They know the full story and know what's been going on... If I do get that waiver, watch out, national championship here we come."

She won't be deterred if the waiver is denied, however.

"I didn't leave just to play right away," she said. "I left to be at a better place and in a better situation. So if I do sit another year, then that's another year of practice, getting healthy and getting back to the player that I was and the player I want to be. For me, my medical was what wrong at Texas. I was trying to find a place where I felt comfortable and can live for the next four years and be and where my career and health will be the best... It's kind of a perfect fit. I'm happy to be a Duck."

Regardless of when she plays her first minutes in Eugene, Prince will have four years to play at Oregon. She enrolled last year at Texas and used a medical redshirt.

Prince describes her leg break, which she suffered playing for Team USA at last year's U18 Women's Americas Championship in Mexico City, as having been of the "bad" variety. The break was so gnarly that it's required mulitple surgeries, 11 months of rehabiltation and even a metal plate.

"I didn't just break my leg, like I destroyed it," she explained. "I broke it bad. It took almost 11 months to heal it after two surgeries and a ton of intensive care."

But the healing is over, she says. She says her bones are "100-percent" healed and that the pain has gone too. Now, she begins the process of getting back into basketball shape and into the form that had her among the most sought-after prospects nationally during the 2018 cycle. At first she was worried about the possibility of never returning to that level, but tireless rehabilitation has curbed those concerns.

"I haven't seen any changes," she said. "I can still jump as a high. I can still run. It's pretty awesome. I'm starting to feel like myself again on the basketball court. I can do the same moves. I'm a little bit slower because I haven't ran in a while, but I feel the same. I feel like me, which is awesome. I'm at the point where I'm slowly being released back into full contact and play. I've been running and jumping and doing normal kid and athlete things. I'm feeling like myself again. This injury stuff is almost over."

- Erik Skopil, Duck Territory 247sports.com, 6 July 2019
TXtoCO
Why does Prince deserve a waiver? Because she sat out last year?
Scout Bear
Funny how players who have not played a single minute of college ball guarantee national championships.

Bring it on.
TXtoCO
If Prince is healthy she is a big plus for Oregon, assuming they can integrate her into their offense. A 6-7 presence on defense is a major factor.

I don't believe that Prince left Texas for medical reasons if she is stating that she is 100% healed. I think she just didn't like UT and left because she was unhappy and is undeserving of a waiver.
HustleBear
I agree with both comments.
geewago
Scout Bear said:

Funny how players who have not played a single minute of college ball guarantee national championships.

Bring it on.
Yeah buddy, We've heard that one before .
Malbec
Quote:

... If I do get that waiver, watch out, national championship here we come."
Well, Oregon had better hope she gets the waiver, because apparently, according to her, they won't be winning the NC without her playing. Wicked burn to your own teammates.
Lone Star
Well first off, whether healthy or not, she will be sitting most of the year on the bench watching Hebard and the Sabally sisters play.

Scout Bear
geewago said:

Scout Bear said:

Bring it on.
It's time for you, me and DFWBill to go get some more free food at Walk Ons.
geewago
Scout Bear said:

geewago said:

Scout Bear said:

Bring it on.
It's time for you, me and DFWBill to go get some more free food at Walk Ons.
Hey My last meal there was free. I got another certificate a while back. Evidently I have such a homely look about me they just feel sorry for me.
bawitdaball
geewago said:

Scout Bear said:

Bring it on.
Niya Johnson said that when she committed during Griner's senior season - stating that Baylor was going to win another championship that year and had that mentality. I cringed when I heard it and felt it was karma when we got booted out early in the tournament. It's a stupid statement, and for a player who originally committed to Texas, she should just be happy that she will now be able to compete for a conference title and let the National Championship play out afterward. Looking ahead before you've even stepped on the court is a mentality that doesn't bode well for any team.
Chibears2
Sometimes, the player is just parroting what the recruiting coach has told them during the pitch, I suspect.
SirBearALot
Who was the gal from Florida that promised a couple of Nattys playing for Texas and now she gone! She was dirty. She tried to trip KB in a game last year. Wonder where she is now ? Her and Hosey both dropped off UT roster. Bye bye

slimecap
SirBearALot said:

Who was the gal from Florida that promised a couple of Nattys playing for Texas and now she gone!
Wonder where she is now ?
Rellah Boothe Texas > Northwest Florida State College > Middle Tennessee State Univ
Wichitabear
Oh yes that's her. Couldn't stand her. Sedona Prince. Great attitude. We all need to go where we will be happy and fill we can contribute. If you had done that to my school, I would hope that you have to sit on your ***for awhile.
ScottS
slimecap said:

SirBearALot said:

Who was the gal from Florida that promised a couple of Nattys playing for Texas and now she gone!
Rellah Boothe Texas > Northwest Florida State College > Middle Tennessee State Univ

Think Middle Tennessee State will win multiple nattys?
Malbec
ScottS said:

slimecap said:

SirBearALot said:

Think Middle Tennessee State will win multiple nattys?
Been awhile. 2003, this guy won one. Think golf in 1965 was only team NC.
Dcheetah
Mir McClean (2020) and Saylor Poffenbarger (2021 ) both guards to UConn. Mir and Paige will be a good duo. Hopeful we will be adding a potentially great 2020 duo of our own soon.

Anyone know any names connected with our 2021 recruiting
besides Jada Malone and maybe Rori Harmon?
Dcheetah
Olivia Cochran to Louisville. Was always hoping we would look at her but dont think we did.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.