2023 Maddie Cox

9,019 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by historian
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Go Maddie !

Scout Bear
Go Maddie. Show 'em.
UBBY
https://premierbasketballreport.com/news/2018-battle-at-the-hive

The 2023 Gold Bracket showed a glimpse into the next wave of stars stepping into the spotlight of the club ball stage. Maddie Cox (Cy-Fair 2023 Evans), the younger sister of Baylor star Lauren Cox, has been on my radar for a while. One aspect of Cox's game that stands out is how hard she plays. I've seen Cox play in camps, open runs, and many games over the years. She is always amongst the hardest working players on the floor. Maddie's game is much different than her sister's early on as she is a lead guard with elite size who can do it all from handling the ball, to finding open teammates off the bounce, to knocking down the open perimeter shot off the bounce or the catch. Look for Cox to be in the discussion amongst the very best in the 2023 national class as it develops.
Dcheetah
From Prentice Beverlys Ballin Prep Report March 2018:

2023 Maddie Cox 6'0 F
Flower Mound, TX (CY-Fair Elite)
Combine size, skill, versatility, and a profound knowledge of the game and you have Maddie Cox. She can start your offense, you can run it through her in the post, and she is a top notch facilitator. Maddie is dynamic in pick and roll situations and does a really good job diving to the basket and making herself available to receive passes. She utilizes her size and length on the defensive end as well. Cox does a good job protecting the rim, playing the passing lanes, and getting deflections.
BaylorGrad&Dad
No team/school should rest on its laurels and simply go on cruise control, and I certainly don't believe the Lady Bears have. As I read the posts above, I believe more specifically that we've established a solid 'pipeline' based upon the skins on the wall and the relationships that the school, coaching staff and athletes, both past and present, have built.

We absolutely know we've become 'elite' because we're not focusing on next year's recruiting class, but two, three, four and even five years out.
Big Bear
We have been doing this for a long time. I remember when we offered 2 8th graders several years ago. Several other sports also do this including softball.
Lone Star
BaylorGrad&Dad said:

No team/school should rest on its laurels and simply go on cruise control, and I certainly don't believe the Lady Bears have. As I read the posts above, I believe more specifically that we've established a solid 'pipeline' based upon the skins on the wall and the relationships that the school, coaching staff and athletes, both past and present, have built.

We absolutely know we've become 'elite' because we're not focusing on next year's recruiting class, but two, three, four and even five years out.
True. But the difference is that we don't throw out 40 offers to each years class. That is what it means to be elite. When you get an offer from Baylor (and a few others) you know that you are one of the elite players in your class.
57Bear
Lone Star said:

True. But the difference is that we don't throw out 40 offers to each years class. That is what it means to be elite. When you get an offer from Baylor (and a few others) you know that you are one of the elite players in your class.
When you get an offer from Baylor, KM thinks that you are one of the elite players in your class. She has sometimes spotted talent that others have overlooked.
slimecap

2015 Lauren Cox & Maddie Cox
buildabear1
Yes that is what that school south of us does offer scholarship to everybody.
Dcheetah
She has LC's arms.
mimi25408
Yea she very long. I watched the Jr. NBA regional game and she is the tallest on her team is very mobile, she has better ball handling skills than LC. She definitely likes to block shots but has to work on blocking without fouling. She loves to do long outlet passes like her sister. Maddie and Wagner are good friends. Both will be 2023 huge stars. What's scary is both of the are going to the 9th grade and already 6'1 so they will definable grow.

ScottS
Long arms
TXtoCO
Have we offered to Maddie Cox? Seems like a perfect fit for both.
Baylor Dad in Va.
TXtoCO said:

She is a big fan of her sister and the Lady Bears. If we haven't formally offered surely it is just a matter of time.
Wineguy89
Baylor Dad in Va. said:

TXtoCO said:

She is a big fan of her sister and the Lady Bears. If we haven't formally offered surely it is just a matter of time.

Sorry, had to.....

Brian Ethridge
Staff
Didn't she commit when Lauren did?

I'm thinking she'll be a Lady Bear and she'll get many rings.
fubar
If there is a futures market in All Americans, I'd invest in the Cox Family.
TXtoCO
Brian Ethridge said:

I don't remember that but it is very possible. I would love to see the Cox family remain a part of the Baylor program. They are high quality!
Brian Ethridge
Staff
TXtoCO said:

Brian Ethridge said:

I don't remember that but it is very possible. I would love to see the Cox family remain a part of the Baylor program. They are high quality!
Of course they are, they're from Flower Mound.
Dcheetah
Just participated in the Bluestar 30 for the top young wbb players in the country along with Sammie Wagner. . Maddie was campwide runner up in the 3pt shooting contest and seemed to be a very good rebounder. Sammie made it to the semis in the 3v3 tournament but had an uncharacteristically off shooting performance to the team that was the finals winner. Both young ladies sound like they acquitted themselves very well.
historian
Brian Ethridge said:

When I first saw the OP my heart raced thinking that's what the news was. I was a bit disappointed to learn that there is no commit yet (probably too early). If big sis had any say, she'll probably be a Bear.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.