Te'a Cooper is a Lady Bear

38,993 Views | 141 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by slimecap
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?

TE'A COOPER
@ Oklahoma State on Feb 15, 2020

15 points. 1 assist. 4 steals. 8 rebounds. 24 minutes.
slimecap

TE'A COOPER
vs Oklahoma on Feb 22, 2020

16 points. 4-8 3PT. 11 assists. 4 rebounds. 5 steals. 22 minutes.
Baylor Dad in Va.
When Te'a gets "hot" she is sure fun to watch. She is a dagger to the heart for the opposition. She started slow tonight, but once she "heated up"she couldn't be stopped. So wonderful to have her and Juicy as outside three point shooters. That twosome combination may be what we need to bring the National Championship trophy back home to Baylor again this year.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
bawitdaball
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

OsoCoreyell said:

Will Dwight Howard show up at our BBall games?
She is a spectacular basketball player and a beautiful girl. Kinda sad she is engaged to a dude with five kids with five different women. Nobody deserves such baggage.

From a basketball standpoint, it looks like she is on top of her game right now!
Her personal life shouldn't be something any of us have an opinion on. If she is happy, we should be happy - both on and off the court. Glad that she was so passionate about becoming a Lady Bear and that her season is shaping up as it has. She earned a ring last night...hopefully she gets two more before her time at Baylor is up.
slimecap

TE'A COOPER

Baylor post-game press conference:
Kim Mulkey statement
On what winning a Big 12 regular season championship means to transfer guard Te'a Cooper

"Well, I think Coop will tell you that she saw her good friend Chloe Jackson win a national championship with us last year, and Chloe was at two schools prior to us, and she saw Chloe move from a shooting guard to the point guard. Cooper was not going to be the point guard at South Carolina, and that's why she came to us. She thinks her best opportunity to play at the next level is with the ball in her hands, and I think that's why she came.

Of course, she wants to win, and South Carolina is good too. We had played them twice last year: once in the playoffs and once in the regular season. We're just grateful that she chose Baylor, and that she's fit right in with the rest of them."

- WVU WBB website, 24 Feb 2020
slimecap
Te'a moving up in WNBA Mock Draft Site

2020 WNBA First Round Mock Draft
#7 Dallas Wings Te'a Cooper
slimecap

vs Texas on March 5, 2020

20 points. 1 assist. 3 rebounds. 4 steals. 38 minutes.
Scored in double figures for the 24th time this season.
slimecap

Texas head coach Karen Aston stated post-game
"I thought [Te'a] Cooper was good tonight and really set the tone for them at the beginning of the game."

- Baylor WBB website, 5 March 2020
bowdedg
WBB's Cooper Named to Lieberman Award Final Five

WACO, Texas Baylor graduate transfer point guard Te'a Cooper earned a spot on the WBCA's Nancy Lieberman Award "Final Five," announced Monday. The Lieberman Award honors the top point guard in the nation each year.

Cooper joins elite Baylor company by becoming the third Lady Bear to be named a Final Five member. Odyssey Sims, who went on to be Baylor's only winner of the award, was a finalist in 2014, while Alexis Jones was a finalist in 2017.

The Powder Springs, Ga., native ranks second on Baylor's team in scoring at 13.6 points per contest, leads the team in steals with 56 and averages 4.6 assists per contest. Cooper ranks 16th in the Big 12 in scoring average, third in the league in assists and sixth in the conference in steals.

She has added a deep threat for Baylor alongside senior Juicy Landrum with a team-leading 55 3-point field goals on a career-best .415 percentage from beyond the arc.

Cooper is also a finalist for the Dawn Staley Award, which honors the top point guard as well.

The presentation of the Lieberman Award will take place at ESPN's College Basketball Awards presented by Wendy's live from The Novo presented by Microsoft in downtown Los Angeles, Calif., on Friday April 10.

The other four finalists for the 2020 Nancy Lieberman Award are Crystal Dangerfield (Connecticut), 2019 winner Sabrina Ionescu (Oregon), Stella Johnson (Rider), and Tyasha Harris (South Carolina).

https://baylorbears.com/news/2020/3/9/womens-basketball-wbbs-cooper-named-to-lieberman-award-final-five.aspx
slimecap

TE'A COOPER
2020 Big 12 Co-Newcomer of the Year

Congratulations Te'a !
BaylorBearWBBFan
South Carolina fans are disgusting:
Dcheetah
Pitiiful, mean-spirited and sad for whoever took the time to compile this.
bowdedg
BaylorBearWBBFan said:

South Carolina fans are disgusting:

If I had fans like this, I would have transferred too!
Bone Squad
Seriously. In the last few years, we've lost Mompremier, Chou, Morris, Scott-Grayson, DeCosta, and I'm sure some others I'm not thinking of. The most negative things I've seen any Baylor fan say about any of them was to question whether they made the wrong decision in light of actual or potential missed championships. I've never once seen anyone here say they were rooting for any of our former Lady Bears to fail.

This is just a sad mentality to have. Embarrassing.
slimecap

A graduate transfer from South Carolina, Te'a Cooper earned her first national postseason award with the AP's Honorable Mention All-America nod.

Cooper led Baylor in total points with 408 averaging 13.6 per contest while adding 4.6 assists and 1.8 steals per game. She shot a career-best .415 from beyond the 3-point arc and led the Lady Bears with 56 treys made.

- Baylor WBB website, 19 March 2020
HoustonBear15
Bone Squad said:

Seriously. In the last few years, we've lost Mompremier, Chou, Morris, Scott-Grayson, DeCosta, and I'm sure some others I'm not thinking of. The most negative things I've seen any Baylor fan say about any of them was to question whether they made the wrong decision in light of actual or potential missed championships. I've never once seen anyone here say they were rooting for any of our former Lady Bears to fail.

This is just a sad mentality to have. Embarrassing.
I just can't help but laugh... those fans are talking behind social media accounts and meanwhile Cooper is preparing to maybe go top 10 in the WNBA draft. I guarantee TC is unbothered.
slimecap
slimecap
slimecap
slimecap

"Te'a Cooper played for three different schools during her college basketball career, including Tennessee, South Carolina and Baylor. Cooper came to the Lady Bears as a graduate transfer, and the team welcomed her with open arms.

"I didn't have a typical four year college experience," Te'a Cooper said. "So just seeing all that I went through, and to still have a light at the end of the tunnel was a blessing for me, just having the opportunity and having them embrace me like they did."

- Mandy Knight, Fox 44 News, 18 April 2020
BU71
slimecap said:

"Te'a Cooper played for three different schools during her college basketball career, including Tennessee, South Carolina and Baylor. Cooper came to the Lady Bears as a graduate transfer, and the team welcomed her with open arms.

"I didn't have a typical four year college experience," Te'a Cooper said. "So just seeing all that I went through, and to still have a light at the end of the tunnel was a blessing for me, just having the opportunity and having them embrace me like they did."

- Mandy Knight, Fox 44 News, 18 April 2020
WOW! A beautiful athlete on and off the court!
SABaylorFan
Congrats to Te'a

Cooper Signs with Los Angeles
willtalk
SABaylorFan said:

Congrats to Te'a

She has a good shot to make the roster. Getting a shot with the right team makes all the difference. Their off guard who plays back up point opted out this season. The Sparks need a back up point.
BU71
willtalk said:

SABaylorFan said:

Congrats to Te'a

She has a good shot to make the roster. Getting a shot with the right team makes all the difference. Their off guard who plays back up point opted out this season. The Sparks need a back up point.
I'm so happy to see Te'a get signed. I was saddened when the Phoenix Mercury cut her. I was looking forward to seeing her play with BG but I wish her the very best in LA.
slimecap
slimecap
GarlandBear84
Cooper scored ten today in 19 minutes in the Sparks' win. Added three assists and a board
HoustonBear15
GarlandBear84
The Sparks seemed to play one of their worst games tonight, but are still 12-4 and Cooper played 23 minutes. She was their second-leading scorer with 12 and added three assists.
slimecap
GarlandBear84
Cooper started tonight for the first time I'm aware of and played more minutes than any starter. She scored 15 and had three assists in the blowout win.
GarlandBear84
Cooper started again tonight and scored seven in 21 minutes.
bawitdaball
It is going to be super interesting next year as many, like Cooper, have taken advantage of their opportunity and shown what they can do on the court. When some of the more veteran players who opted out return, there are going to be several on both sides of the situation who find themselves unexpectedly on the outside looking in.
Chibears2
Cheaper player would likely have the advantage, I imagine....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.