Story Poster
Baylor Women's Basketball

BREAKING: Baylor WBB adds graduate transfer guard Te'a Cooper

July 11, 2019

The Lady Bears add Te’a Cooper, a graduate transfer from the University of South Carolina. She earned All-SEC Second Team honors last year at South Carolina and was on the SEC All-Freshman Team at Tennesse prior to that. 

She will be the second grad transfer in the last two years for the Bears with Final Four MVP Chole Jackson being the other. This route worked out extremely well last season as the Lady Bears captured a National Championship

The former five-star prospect out of high school averaged 11.9 points, 2.5 rebounds and 2.2 assists per game. This included a 16 point game against Baylor early in the season and a 17 point game against the Lady Bears in the Sweet 16.

Discussion from...

BREAKING: Baylor WBB adds graduate transfer guard Te'a Cooper

8,526 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ashley Hodge
SirBearALot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OK, i WILL START IT.. there were some negative post from another board, maybe S.C. that her assist to turnover ration was not good. That she was not an accomplished passer. But me thinks CKM will correct that angle. besides she will have some bigger ladies under the basket to pass to. Welcome aboard Te'a. Go Lady Bear!
Brian Ethridge
Staff
SirBearALot said:

OK, i WILL START IT.. there were some negative post from another board, maybe S.C. that her assist to turnover ration was not good. That she was not an accomplished passer. But me thinks CKM will correct that angle. besides she will have some bigger ladies under the basket to pass to. Welcome aboard Te'a. Go Lady Bear!
Who better to hone your skills at PG than a former All-American PG and National Champion?
blueeyedbear
CKM will get her straightened out - no worries there. I listened to her interview with Smoke - she got the 911 from Chole and she has no illusions about CKM and her expectations for the PG position and still she really, really wanted to come to Baylor and she spoke how different she has already found her Baylor team mates to be from her other schools. I say the PG position is going to be in good hands by tournament time. It might be ugly in the first few games but Chole had her early moments and look how she proved out. Once she settles into the PG CKM wants her to be its going to be fun !! I seen videos of some of her no look passes and she has all the tools to be a really good PG. Chole might be a step quicker but this young lady can play better defense and she does have 3 pt. range which is going to add another dimension to the PG position that Baylor has not had since Cristy Wallace. Never mind the South Carolina stats - look at what she did against us - she hurt us scoring wise. Kim will get the assist to turnover corrected and she will shoot a better % from the 3 because she will be happier here and more focused and driven.
57Bear
blueeyedbear said:

... I say the PG position is going to be in good hands by tournament time. It might be ugly in the first few games but Chole had her early moments and look how she proved out. ...
In fairness, Chloe went through a position change.
blueeyedbear
My comment was not a knock on Chole at all - she was a joy to watch and even better to get to know - just pointing out that in the beginning of her transition just as with PG's Morris, Wallace, Johnson and Guards Juicy, Jones and even Lauren - they all had some ugly, forced ill advised passes early on in preseason games and into conference play before CKM got them all to take better care of the ball and the results are .well you see for yourself when you look in the trophy case.
Dcheetah
Baylor passed on Minyon Moore for her. She is expected to be a first round and possible top 10 first round WNBA pick. I expect her to play well at PG fairly early as she knocks the rust off.
Ashley Hodge
Staff
https://cbbtoday.com/ncaaw/kim-mulkey-and-the-baylor-lady-bears-will-rely-on-tea-cooper-next-season/

not too much here but a few interesting stats looking at Chloe Jackson and how her scoring went down but assists and efficiency up at Baylor
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.