2019 Paradise Jam - Tournament Thread

42,647 Views | 451 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BaylorBears_254
Malbec
How long do you want to ignore this user?
juliejay84 said:

SC 18 turnovers
Baylor 7

I wish i knew the shooting %. some big missed

Baylor 53% SC 78%. Free throws

SC up by 3 6:23

SC - 50.0%
BU - 39.0%
Malbec
BU 57, SC 63 - 4:33 4th
HoustonBear15
Smith should be a much better defensive player with how athletic she is.
DanaDane
We're getting killed on the boards. They have a 37-27 advantage.
Wichitabear
Go girls!!! We need to practice free throws til we bleed
DanaDane
64-57
Better make a run here or it's over.
Malbec
BU 59, SC 64 - 3:41 4th
Wichitabear
This is good game for the girls to learn from
LulaBU
Where is Kalani when we need her?
bawitdaball
We need Lauren to compete with Top 10 teams. I wouldn't mind seeing them again in the tourney....but DeGrate is going to have to make her presence known and our underclass 4 & 5 are going to have to improve. Back to the basics.
RSBear
We need Cox
DanaDane
Wichitabear said:

This is good game for the girls to learn from
Much better than a 100-35 win over some cupcake with players a half foot shorter than our's.
HoustonBear15
I said it, we needed Cox for this game. She is the heartbeat of our offense and defense. A loss now doesn't hurt though- remember we had a early loss to Stanford last season. Learn not and fix it for March
Wichitabear
Ditto
nein51
It's almost like missing an AA and top 2-3 player effects the outcome of a game...almost. Can't win them all.
Malbec
SC running away now.

BU 59, SC 70 - 1:23 4th
Malbec
CKM going to get her 100th loss tonight.
bawitdaball
Hopefully this wakes Cooper up as well. She will
Be leaned on for leadership throughout the season. She and Juicy have to step up and lead during these times. Neither have had great games. Can't win when leadership doesn't shoe up.
bawitdaball
It's been ages since a team shot better than 50% against the Lady Bears. Just not a great night for the team all around.
Wichitabear
Guess we loss???
Malbec
Oooooooooh. Kim isn't going to forget that garbage basket when SC could have killed the clock.

SC 74, BU 59 - FINAL
ScottS
I wanted us to go undefeated
Malbec
SC shoots 52.8%

Bears win the tourney on the tiebreaker.
DJHONSON
"November doesn't win us championships"
Eball
Malbec said:

Oooooooooh. Kim isn't going to forget that garbage basket when SC could have killed the clock.

SC 74, BU 59 - FINAL
They needed the score to win the tournament on point differential
LulaBU
I have to say Im very disapppointed in Te'a Cooper's performance overall. I know I was not impressed with Chloe at the beginning of last year so Im hoping she proves me wrong as well. She seems out of control and is very streaky (unreliable) with her shot. Her decision making with the ball is questionable and her basketball IQ at the point is nowhere where it needs to be as a top 5 team in the nation. She has a wealth of talent but is undisciplined with her split second choices on the court. I trust Kim will help her with this as the season goes on.
Chibears2
Malbec said:

SC 74, BU 59 - FINAL
But why did we stop? That basket won the tournament for them. We could have lost this game and won tournament if we held them 14 or under. Don't blame them at all. We should have known that and played the darn game out! Disappointing on us!
Wichitabear
Thank you Malbec for keeping up with the score for us.
DanaDane
Egbo showed how green she is tonight and Degrate is no factor. The rebounding margin is embarrassing for a Mulkey team, so I know they'll work on that. Cooper flopped in her return against her former team. As bad as it feels to lose by double digits, it's still good that the supporting cast is getting opportunities against top flight competition. As I said above, I'd much rather see us gain valuable experience in a loss like this than beating up some creampuff by 70.
Malbec
Eball said:

Malbec said:

SC 74, BU 59 - FINAL
They needed the score to win the tournament on point differential
Brenda had the tiebreaker wrong. SC gets the tourney title.
DanaDane
Yes. Thank you for the updates Malbec!
Eball
LulaBU said:

I have to say Im very disapppointed in Te'a Cooper's performance overall. I know I was not impressed with Chloe at the beginning of last year so Im hoping she proves me wrong as well. She seems out of control and is very streaky (unreliable) with her shot. Her decision making with the ball is questionable and her basketball IQ at the point is nowhere where it needs to be as a top 5 team in the nation. She has a wealth of talent but is undisciplined with her split second choices on the court. I trust Kim will help her with this as the season goes on.
She was playing her old team so a little extra pressure...however she handled the point guard duties well we had 9 TO's(she had 6 of them though) they had 19....we just did not have the ability to go score inside like we have in the past. we were playing three games in three nights and she played a lot of minutes...you are being way to hard on her...but she did struggle
DJHONSON
Being without cox really showed tonight. Mannnnn I wanted them to go undefeated but we will get it right in March!!!
Wichitabear
Now we gotta go home and start practicing !
pwactwac
How does the defending national champions shoot 53% from the line, right?! Everyone has poor games. Better now than in March. Plus SC is a really good team with a ton of talent. Good motivation and learning experience for a young team.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.