Number 1?

8,499 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Baylorkid
Eball
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DanaDane said:

You guys know by now that I don't put a lot of stock in the Top 25 rankings, but I did get a chuckle of the worthlessness when I looked at the ballots of 3 writers who cover the Pac 12. When we lost to a top 10 South Carolina, all 3 dropped us 6-8 spots in their next ballot. Stanford loses to an unranked UT and none of the 3 dropped Stanford more than 2 spots. Louisville lost to unranked Ohio St a couple of weeks ago and all three dropped Louisville 10 spots. When Oregon lost to Louisville, all 3 dropped Oregon 1 spot.

This is why rankings are so worthless. The 3 voters probably didn't even watch any of the games.
Well I noticed that Stanford dropped less than we did...and of course our loss came without LC and the third game in three straight games....I guess they thought playing in Austin was tough road test...

Very good catch DanaDane on the regional bias...will be interested in what the coaches poll looks like.
Eball
LOTRADER said:

I see at least 3 losses coming for UConn starting with Baylor on January 9, followed by Oregon and South Carolina.
I guess the truth is if they win those three and go unbeaten in conference they deserve to be ranked 1 going into tournament. I think they will lose at least one of those games.
DanaDane
Pac 12 media has done this in all polls (Football, MBB, WBB) for as long as I can remember. They've always expressed a grievance over West coast teams being slighted because of the time zone differences and fact the East Coast and often Central time zone media don't watch the West Coast teams and therefore undervalue them. So, the Pac 12 media often tries to compensate for this by being very protective in their voting. While I don't agree with voting that way, they probably are correct in some of their assumptions of lazy media on the other half of the country not familiarizing themselves with what's happening out West. Having said all of that, I'm not suggesting this doesn't happen in other areas of the country as well. It's not far off from what the SEC media does in football be "stacking" their ballots with SEC teams.
SirBearALot
They are hedging their votes now knowing they will beat each other up. Yes we lost to #5 and yet Stanford loses to a team with 4 losses and they remain ahead if us. Let's hope they send Stanford to the Dallas regional and face Texas again and then BU. Ha !!!
ckilpatrick
And we lost not having our most impactful player. Louisville had everyone and Stanford was missing Carrington. They definitely were harder on us than the other teams.
baylorbear33
I'm hoping the rankings serve as fuel for the Lady Bears. I look forward to late March / early April when Baylor can quiet all the critics.
DJHONSON
We are 35 in RPI I think we can beat Uconn
LOTRADER
Think?

Know!
ScottS
We are #1 say we are #1
Baylorkid
Which is annoying because that happens every season if we lose early in the season we drop way below but if other teams do they barely drop
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.