South Carolina/UConn 2/10

6,655 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by slimecap
BU71
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Eball said:

Lone Star said:

Eball said:

This one is going to be fun to watch...South Carolina could run them out of the gym at home...or they could play tight and have Boston get in foul trouble..and it could be a game. UCONN guards need to dominate...they need to hit some threes...and their big girl needs to play big for once in a big game.

I have to go with South Carolina at home but I think it could be closer that UCONN's losses to Oregon and us....

I want to see how the three freshman starters play for USC...

Although Megan Walker was no where to be found in Oregon game, it really is Nelson-Ododa who has not lived up to the hype. Athletic big who seems a little timid right now. I am sure Geno will be scouting for a true big after this year. Maybe hopes to get a grad-transfer at the post position.
I agree that Nelson-Ododa is the key inside against Boston...Walker is just 6'1" and more of a shooting guard she really is not a big banger inside...UCONN is vulnerable inside unless Ododa plays well.

I read today that Walker a JR was #1 recruit when she came out as was Williams a soph this year....so with Paige Bueckers as the #1 recruit they will have three players next year who were all #1 in their respective recruiting year.

That is some crazy talent on your roster...but they do not have a big or a few bigs to carry the load inside.

I would love to see UCONN with Walker, Williams and Dangerfield expose the freshman perimeter players for SC...if ODODA can just provide some push back against Boston I could see UCONN surprising everyone.
UConn has size on the way:

Piath Gabriel, Class of 2020, 6-5, 3 star

Amari DeBerry, Class of 2021 6-5, 5 star

Looks like WBB is on a possible downturn.so BU may have to consider looking elsewhere for size, maybe JC, grad transfer or foreign players?

bearbone11
Keep in mind that this is likely a one year stint of relative weakness for UConn. They bring in the top class next year, and get the very talented Evina Westbrook eligible as a transfer.
R11
Dcheetah
and the PG from Minn- Paige Bueckers
Dcheetah
They have gotten progressively less scary with every top team loss they have sustained this year. I think having your homecourt broken for the first time makes it progressively easier for subsequent teams to win because there iis now doubt instead of confidence that was not there before. Doubt travels when you are not fully confident.

As mentioned above, they should be a very scary team next year with their additions. I do not think this year will be their year.
ScottS
Mulder said:

The Yankees scored 2 points in the first quarter!!!
Oh How the mighty have fallen.

Did u watch on 1/31?
Mulder
Stay on topic.
An Objective Fan of The Former Baylor Lady Bears.
Mulder
An Objective Fan of The Former Baylor Lady Bears.
ScottS
Mulder said:

Stay on topic.

We know u were mad on 1/31
willtalk
It seems obvious that Uconn is not even close to Baylor, Oregon or SC in strength. In fact, there is nothing to suggest that they are even competitive with the next tier of teams. Their best win was against DePaul and their lack of height was made to order for Uconn. The only other ranked team they beat was Tenn. The only reason they were initially ranked high,, to begin with, was because of their reputation and the belief that Geno would coach them up before the playoffs. I think there are plenty of teams in the top ten who would certainly do better against Oregon, SC, and Baylor than Uconn did. They are better placed in the third tier of teams.
Lone Star
BU71 said:

UConn has size on the way:

Piath Gabriel, Class of 2020, 6-5, 3 star

Amari DeBerry, [url=http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/rankings/_/class/2021][/url]Class of 2021 6-5, 5 star

Looks like WBB is on a possible downturn.so BU may have to consider looking elsewhere for size, maybe JC, grad transfer or foreign players?

Yes, they need it. Problem is, I have never seen Geno give a lot of time to Freshmen. Only exception would be Breanna Stewart but, she is a very special player.
slimecap
https://the-boneyard.com/threads/no-game-threads-no-in-game-posts.152808/
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.