6'6 Oregon Transfer Lucy Cochrane Available & Duke's Kara Lawson Destroys Pipeline

3,105 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SirBearALot
Adriacus Peratuun
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Duke: new HC Kara Lawson has been yanking scholarship offers left & right [including kids schedule to enroll this Summer]. Two of the impacted players are Aussie [and Members of their National Team program]. Needless to say Duke won't be welcomed back in Oz anytime soon.

Aussie Official in charge of the program getting Aussie players into USA college programs [Samantha Tomlinson] was circumspect but the impact is certain. https://twitter.com/AusEliteGirlsBa

Cochrane: one of the impacted players was Oregon Transfer [rising sophomore] Lucy Cochrane. She is 6'6, highly skilled, needs to bulk up, decently athletic [very athletic for her size], and a solid player. She simply wasn't going to get minutes behind Sedona Prince. Definitely worth a look.

Adriacus Peratuun
For anyone wondering if Cochrane is a Baylor level player, she substantially outplayed UConn's starting center Nelson Ododa and several other D1 bigs when Oz played USA in U17.

She can play. Needs a coach that knows how to use her talent [and needs some good weight]. Skill set is solid. Better fit with Baylor scheme than Oregon scheme.
BaylorBearWBBFan
Define "substantially outplayed."

Nelson-Ododa had 17 points (6-8 FG, 5-7 FT) and 10 rebounds.

Cochrane had 3 points, 9 rebounds, and 4 blocks.
Adriacus Peratuun
Nelson Ododa scored most of her points against Magbegor not Cochrane. The Sapphires offense doesn't offer many scoring opportunities for bigs. But Cochrane controlled the game with her defense and rebounding during her minutes. Scoring is important but not everything.

When Ododa and Cochrane were both on the court at the same time, Cochrane was the better player [bigger impactmainly defensively and rebounding].

End Game: Sapphires were +5 with Cochrane playing, USA was -1 with Ododa Nelson playing. And Ododa Nelson is a year older.
BUatbirth
Thanks AP. Cochrane does look solid...a nice quick mid-range. Seems a good fit at PF.

Not a good look to start a college coaching career by Kara Lawson. My guess is how anyone feels or thinks
about it, means little to KL.
Dcheetah
Is there Baylor interest?
Dcheetah
From Samantha Tomlinson's twitter.

Not very impressed of this ruling right now

Kara Lawson not honouring any Aussie commitments to Duke including Olivia Pollerd (2021) and / or Lucy Cochrane (transfer) two of my girls.

This is certainly not impressive practice ... these girls are broken

Quote Tweet

oliviapollerd

@oliviapollerd

18h

I would officially like to announce that I have decommitted from @dukewbb. I want to thank @coachP and the rest of the coaching staff for giving me this opportunity. I am now 100% reopen for recruitment.

SirBearALot
You can't teach someone to be tall. Take her teach her and schedule Duke each year for the foreseeable future.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.