Geno

4,222 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bruin92
fredbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
UConn having budget cuts. Geno would come for 3 mill and 5 year deal. And I don't think the primary goal of college athletics is to make money. No one is surprised or shocked that bu wbb runs a deficit. Very few athletic depts break even as a whole, most lose money. The positive PR way exceeds the deficit for bu wbb. Step up, bring in Geno or Walsh.
EvilTroyAndAbed
Dude, just stop it. Geno ain't leaving.
PartyBear
Someone on another thread alleging inside info stated we have the UGA coach lined up.
74Bear
PartyBear said:

Someone on another thread alleging inside info stated we have the UGA coach lined up.

That would be great !!!
Bear2019
Geno's not coming to Waco, Texas. The guy lives on the beach in Connecticut.
PartyBear
I thought it sounded like a good move. But it was not popular on that thread. I admit she is t elite and has won about 60% of her games which is a huge downgrade from where we are as of right now and from what Rhodes inherited.
BUbackerinET
That's exactly why I don't think CKM is going to LSU - that athletic dept. has been bleeding serious money for years, and it's well documented. IIRC, they, at one point we're evaluating their ability to seek bankruptcy protection. I haven't a clue how they can muster the money she is reportedly asking for.
BUbackerinET
Yeah, it would but that's not happening in this universe or any other universe for too many reasons to count. But it would be cool if she left to hire her arch nemesis! But, I don't think she's leaving...
PartyBear
I doubt she is going to be there long. I suspect she will retire in two or three years just like she would here if she stayed. LSU folks might be disappointed to realize that but she isn't going to be there long term like she was here. She is looking for a graceful end to her career rather than being fired by Mack and Linda or forced by them to retire before she wants.
EvilTroyAndAbed
BUbackerinET said:

That's exactly why I don't think CKM is going to LSU - that athletic dept. has been bleeding serious money for years, and it's well documented. IIRC, they, at one point we're evaluating their ability to seek bankruptcy protection. I haven't a clue how they can muster the money she is reportedly asking for.

But they are looking for a PR win. They have a football sex scandal and a men's basketball coach who should be fired for paying for players. This will move the spotlight, however briefly. I assume they'll figure the money thing out as they go.
IowaBear
Smiths tweet is the nail for me, Kim's gone man. No other way to interpret her tweet
EvilTroyAndAbed
PartyBear said:

She just got a contract extension to 2027.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.onlineathens.com/amp/7066964002
Russell Gym
BUbackerinET said:

Dude, she's already gone. It's done.
Baylorbears111
Caddywampus said:

Geno's not coming to Waco, Texas. The guy lives on the beach in Connecticut.

Yes, but has he been to the BSR cable park? Probably not. Let's see how Madison stacks up to Bellmead! Too bad the Luby's is closed...
blackie
PartyBear said:

I don't think anyone is "lined" up. Of course, no expert knowledge on my part, but I just don't think it works that way. I don't think there would be any discussions with the coach or her agent while all this has been going on. And if I were her (or him from elsewhere) I would do some serious due diligence before even getting halfway serious with this train wreck of an administration.
blackie
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

PartyBear said:

She just got a contract extension to 2027.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.onlineathens.com/amp/7066964002
Contracts don't mean squat. We should know that by now. All it means is that the negotiations for buyouts are longer or shorter. I don't think that is the way it should work, but it is what it is in athletics.
lookin4awin
IowaBear said:

Smiths tweet is the nail for me, Kim's gone man. No other way to interpret her tweet
And it is too late for her to go pro. She would have been a first round pick. Not sure if she was old enough or not. women have to be of a certain age to turn pro before the end of their senior year.
oldbear69
Caddywampus said:

A Geno's not coming to Waco, Texas. The guy lives on the beach in Connecticut.
Make him a great deal on a house on lake Waco ..
blackie
lookin4awin said:

IowaBear said:

And it is too late for her to go pro. She would have been a first round pick. Not sure if she was old enough or not. women have to be of a certain age to turn pro before the end of their senior year.
I heard multiple times that she was not eligible. Other than not being able to play for who you want to play with (coaches and players) or having to go someplace you really would rather not or any other of a number of things, she could go play for Texas State next year and be at the top of the draft list. Might feel like a wasted year for her, but her draft status, unless injured, will not be harmed in any way, IMO.
BUbackerinET
I didn't see Smith's tweet, I don't tweet, or perhaps I would agree. If she is indeed gone, we need to promote Bill - it's the only hope we have of retaining any players or recruits.
slimecap
fredbear said:

Geno would come for 3 mill and 5 year deal.
Step up, bring in Geno
That could be a stretch for the BOR
Hiring a coach with a wine company

http://www.genoauriemma.com/wines/
Texasjeremy
Yeah, I think you go to Geno with your very best offer for him and his staff. Then he says no (because you don't leave the place that you built your legacy at, right), then you start your search.
Bruin92
slimecap said:

fredbear said:

Geno would come for 3 mill and 5 year deal.
Step up, bring in Geno
That could be a stretch for the BOR
Hiring a coach with a wine company

http://www.genoauriemma.com/wines/
Yeah, it might overshadow the sex toys.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.