Baseball
Sponsored by

Texas High School Baseball

1,028 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by jpaschal01
jpaschal01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My son is a senior so I watch a lot of teams and pay attention to quite a few, so I thought a thread about Texas High School ball would be fun. Any adds that folks can make about Baylor signees or commits would be a bonus.

I'll start with:
  • Plano East vs. Hebron last night. Bergman got roughed up by Hebron. Hebron won 13-1. I didn't see the game but from the box score, Bergman went 2.1 innings, 3 hits, 2 BB, 6 runs (4 earned) with 5 K's. On the other side, MJ Seo, a Florida baseball commit, went all 5 innings (it was a run rule after 5), 1 hit, 1 run (unearned), 9 K's and 5 BB. As of now, Bergman has only appeared in 3 games and the 2.1 inning last night and about 60 pitches is the deepest he has gone. He started last Friday but the game was rain delayed after he struck out the 1st 2 batters; with the delay Plano East put in a new pitcher when the game resumed.
  • #1 team in Texas, Flower Mound, hammered Plano Senior 17-2 last night. Flower Mound is just scary!! And my son will be on the bump against them next Tuesday.
  • I've also seen Jack Garza (McKinney North) pitch this year. I'm told he had an injury in the fall but looks to be coming back fairly well from it. He had 1 shaky outing but the rest have been very solid.

I'll see a couple of other Baylor guys later. I'm most interested to see Sam Jenkins late in April. I saw him last year and he didn't impress in that 1 outing so I'm looking forward to seeing him again. Outfielders in a non-district Saturday mid-season game would have to explode at the plate to impress.
Jackson Bear
Seo pitched against Cameron and Midway a few weeks ago. He is the real deal, but also walked a lot. He's got to clean that up.
jpaschal01
Preston pitched against Flower Mound last week and their lineup is plain scary. He pitched the game if his life and lost 3-0. FM only got barrell to a couple of balls all night, but as great tems do, they took advantage of every chance they had.

FM turned around and throttled our guys pretty good on Friday night 7-0. 3 run HR in the 1st was the early damage.

Their game against Hebron with Marcos Paz pitching last game of the year will be an incredible high school game.
jpaschal01
Bergman had been pitching on Tuesdays for Plano East but he didn't pitch last night. A Plano East parent told me he has a pulled hamstring. Not sure of the truth to that was disappointed to not see him throw last night.
jpaschal01
jpaschal01 said:

My son is a senior so I watch a lot of teams and pay attention to quite a few, so I thought a thread about Texas High School ball would be fun. Any adds that folks can make about Baylor signees or commits would be a bonus.

I'll start with:
  • Plano East vs. Hebron last night. Bergman got roughed up by Hebron. Hebron won 13-1. I didn't see the game but from the box score, Bergman went 2.1 innings, 3 hits, 2 BB, 6 runs (4 earned) with 5 K's. On the other side, MJ Seo, a Florida baseball commit, went all 5 innings (it was a run rule after 5), 1 hit, 1 run (unearned), 9 K's and 5 BB. As of now, Bergman has only appeared in 3 games and the 2.1 inning last night and about 60 pitches is the deepest he has gone. He started last Friday but the game was rain delayed after he struck out the 1st 2 batters; with the delay Plano East put in a new pitcher when the game resumed.
  • #1 team in Texas, Flower Mound, hammered Plano Senior 17-2 last night. Flower Mound is just scary!! And my son will be on the bump against them next Tuesday.
  • I've also seen Jack Garza (McKinney North) pitch this year. I'm told he had an injury in the fall but looks to be coming back fairly well from it. He had 1 shaky outing but the rest have been very solid.

I'll see a couple of other Baylor guys later. I'm most interested to see Sam Jenkins late in April. I saw him last year and he didn't impress in that 1 outing so I'm looking forward to seeing him again. Outfielders in a non-district Saturday mid-season game would have to explode at the plate to impress.

The Plano West vs. TCA game this past Saturday was cancelled because of rain, so I didn't get to see Sam Jenkins.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.