Baseball
Sponsored by

UT vs aggy

2,257 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by ImABearToo
Aliceinbubbleland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking forward to the first game tonight.
ImABearToo
First pitch homer for whorns.
“Life is short, eat desert first!”
Aliceinbubbleland
ImABearToo said:

First pitch homer for whorns.
LOL.
ImABearToo
Scoreless since.
“Life is short, eat desert first!”
BellCountyBear
Boy I miss Baylor being relevant in baseball!
MrGolfguy
Aggy wins in 11
Aliceinbubbleland
I couldn't last and was sorely disappointed this morning when I checked scores on ESPN. Still it was worth it just to see the shock on the aggy faces on first pitch!
Aliceinbubbleland
BellCountyBear said:

When were we ever? I must have missed that. I recall one year they won the Conference I think but not certain.
Aliceinbubbleland
I don't care for the way the Regionals and Super Regionals are set up. It would be much more interesting to have the lower seeded team as the home team. I know that is never going to happen and I think the 12 team playoffs could be just as unreasonable in home field advantage.
BellCountyBear
Aliceinbubbleland said:

BellCountyBear said:

When were we ever? I must have missed that. I recall one year they won the Conference I think but not certain.
College World Series in 2005? Come on, you're not that young!
Aliceinbubbleland
BellCountyBear said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

BellCountyBear said:

You got me. I never realized we ever made it that far. The last thing I remember was us losing Regional, or was it Super Regional at home to piggies.
BellCountyBear
Aliceinbubbleland said:

BellCountyBear said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

BellCountyBear said:

You got me. I never realized we ever made it that far. The last thing I remember was us losing Regional, or was it Super Regional at home to piggies.
Baylor's 2005 squad would become the first to win a game in Omaha. The Bears went 2-2 including wins over Oregon State and #1 ranked Tulane (a dramatic come from behind win, 7-6), but was eliminated from the tournament after its second loss to the Texas Longhorns, losing 3-4 in Baylor's final game. Baylor lost 1-5 to the Texas Longhorns in its first CWS game in 2005. Baylor finished the 2005 season ranked #4 nationally by Baseball America.
Nguyen One Soon
Also Omaha in 1977 and 1978 for you more experienced guys.
Aliceinbubbleland
I'm not sure how Regionals and Super Regionals are paired up but what a coincidence the SEC has 5 teams in Supers and none of them opposing each other.
Johnny Bear
Aliceinbubbleland said:

BellCountyBear said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

BellCountyBear said:

We won the B12 season Championship in 2000, 2005 (co-championship with Nebraska) and 2012. Went "2 and 'que" in our home based 2000 Regional, got to the final four of the 2005 CWS as noted above, and lost a home based Super Regional to Arky in 2012. Also won the B12 Tourney in 2018.

BU was frequently at least "relevant" in baseball from the late 90's through 2012 when getting to a Regional was commonplace - but for the most part we've been in the ditch since then.
Fre3dombear
Was at there a university of Dallas debacle too under smith? Seemed to always choke when the light were brightest. McGregor will soon know
Johnny Bear
Fre3dombear said:

Was at there a university of Dallas debacle too under smith? Seemed to always choke when the light were brightest. McGregor will soon know

Yep - the norm during the Smith era was to frustratingly choke short of Omaha one way or the other during the post season despite having a lot of CWS capable teams (2005 was the lone exception). Any post season action played at Rice's home field was especially gut wrenching and always ended in futility.
Aliceinbubbleland
Never give up Tennessee! Pleasant surprie today. I left you for dead.
whitetrash
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Never give up Tennessee! Pleasant surprie today. I left you for dead.

I refused to follow the game today in fear of the worst, but when my social media feeds were silent (unlike last night) I had a relatively hopeful feeling.
Aliceinbubbleland
WHOOps lol
ImABearToo
Poor Aggy
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.