Baseball
Sponsored by

Is Max Muncy the greatest Baylor baseball player to play in MLB?

1,012 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Tylerbear
Ghostrider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He is crushing it this year....Baylor has had several good players, but Muncy is on another level right now.
CTbruin
He might not be the best while at Baylor (he was very good), but he is the best Major League player from Baylor in my life time. Jason Jennings was very good, but Max might be a tad bit better in the bigs.
MrGolfguy
Ted Lyons holds the title of "greatest former Bear to play in MLB"

Hall of Fame pitcher for 20 seasons with the White Sox, still holds franchise lead in wins, number retired
Ghostrider
CTbruin said:

He might not be the best while at Baylor (he was very good), but he is the best Major League player from Baylor in my life time. Jason Jennings was very good, but Max might be a tad bit better in the bigs.
Good call, I totally forgot about Jason. He had some very good years as well....
Ghostrider
MrGolfguy said:

Hall of Fame pitcher for 20 seasons with the White Sox, still holds franchise lead in wins, number retired
Good to know, I'll have to go do some research on him. That is a long time in the big leagues!
whitetrash
MrGolfguy said:

No Longer Gold
Ted Lyons is the only person from a Big 12 school to make the HOF.

If you have not been to an induction ceremony in Cooperstown, need to put that on your list.
Tylerbear
My favorite TL stat

In 1942 he started 20 games and threw 20 complete games

Now there was that other thing going on in 1942 that probably watered down the talent pool plus still before Jackie Robinson so have to discount his accomplishment a tad

But still a great stat
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.