One more thing about softball.

885 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 26 days ago by T-REX
longtimebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've brought this up before. Does anyone have any idea how Oklahoma seems to get all the powerhouse softball players in the country. It's ridiculous how that head coach pulls those girls in from anywhere. What is the real point of playing them. I'm so sick of losing to that bunch I can't see straight. I would give anything to hear Coach Moore's comments about my question. Coach seems to find a slugger every now and again, but not enough to seriously compete.

Don't get me wrong, coach always has a competitive roster and I really support the Lady Bear gals. They can compete with any program in the country not named Oklahoma.

I'll be so glad when Oklahoma is out of here.
IowaBear
Moore doesn't even recruit sluggers. He's stuck in the 80's with his small ball BS. We're about to be 1-8 in conference. It's time to move on. This team returned literally everyone and will be lucky to make the NCAAs. He's failed miserably this season
MrGolfguy
longtimebear said:

Does anyone have any idea how Oklahoma seems to get all the powerhouse softball players in the country.

Even before all this NIL nonsense
T-REX
Well great players want to play where they can win. Until baylor proves it can win, players will go elsewhere. It's been 20 years or whatever with the same coach. Hasn't been to cws since what, 2017? 1 big 12 title over a decade ago. Won't all of sudden change as OSU ain't going anywhere & we couldn't even beat an unranked KU team. Same crap, different year but at least we recruit girls that will go to church
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
T-REX
Also can anybody explain why our outfield wall has ZERO advertisements on it from sponsors? Our baseball field has a ton. Most fields do. Why is a program that will always lose money not attempt to help offset some costs?
Baylor MBA 2023
longtimebear
I can't see Moore being released. It's not what Baylor does. Also, it's amazing to me how we let Kansas sweep us. We could definitely use more sluggers. But as was stated, it's not Moore's style.
Sad, sad, sad.
T-REX
longtimebear said:

I can't see Moore being released. It's not what Baylor does. Also, it's amazing to me how we let Kansas sweep us. We could definitely use more sluggers. But as was stated, it's not Moore's style.
Sad, sad, sad.
it should be what baylor does if we actually care about sports. equestrian coach should have been fired years ago too.

If we are willing to fire a football coach or a baseball coach who doesnt win, then the same should apply to every sport. if you aint winning, you arent doing your job. If you dont do your job in the real world, you get fired.
Baylor MBA 2023
Fre3dombear
T-REX said:

longtimebear said:

Sad, sad, sad.
it should be what baylor does if we actually care about sports. equestrian coach should have been fired years ago too.

If we are willing to fire a football coach or a baseball coach who doesnt win, then the same should apply to every sport. if you aint winning, you arent doing your job. If you dont do your job in the real world, you get fired.

When have these leaders been willing to fire a football coach that doesn't win?
cowach
Somewhat related to winning is talent acquisition and retention. Im fairly sure that every softball player at Texas Tech has an NIL deal. Every starter on Oklahoma has a $50,000 NIL deal. Do we do the same at Baylor?
T-REX
cowach said:

Somewhat related to winning is talent acquisition and retention. Im fairly sure that every softball player at Texas Tech has an NIL deal. Every starter on Oklahoma has a $50,000 NIL deal. Do we do the same at Baylor?
man we don't even have a single advertisement on the outfield wall, something every softball and baseball program has at every level. You would think a sport that will never turn a profit would at least try to raise funds via easy advertisement. Baseball has plenty on their outfield wall.

Doubt we have much NIL if any.
Baylor MBA 2023
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.