Softball at Louisiana Regional

5,412 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Big Bear
MrGolfguy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They're pretty equal, I guess because Binford had a days rest.

Anyway, they knocked Binford out of the game so its Crandall now
Bears down 3-0
MrGolfguy
Welp, Louisiana opened a can on the Bears in the 4th & put up a 7 spot
Bears down 10-0, stick a fork in them.

BU now must regroup and take the next game
IowaBear
Lead off bomb. 1-0 Bears
MrGolfguy
Emily Hott has been clutch this year
IowaBear
Crandall melting in the circle
IowaBear
Got lucky to hold em to only 2 runs. 2-1 Cajuns after 1
IowaBear
Syd dinger! 2-2 have a feeling we're gonna need several runs today
IowaBear
Bears regain the lead 4-3 top of the 5th
MrGolfguy
No quit in these Bears!
IowaBear
Headed to the top of the 6th still 4-3 Bears. Need some insurance runs
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Super regional bound!
MrGolfguy
BEARS WIN!! SUPERS HERE THEY COME!!
IowaBear
Gainesville next weekend I believe
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
Yep. Florida won easily today. Regardless what happens there we made it further than a year ago.
FFA0329
I am not saying Glenn Moore is a great coach or even a good coach. I am not saying we have a great team or even a good team this year; however, BU is now one of 16 softball teams still playing. I would say that is pretty decent. I would also like to say after reading this thread over the last couple of months that iowabear and trex are A+, first class, #1 JERKS. The words and attitudes are pathetic and indefensible, really. You can question, you can criticize, you can even call for a change in leadership, all while being a rational decent human being. I am not impressed…….
IowaBear
I could give zero ****s if you're impressed or not.
I eat crow when crow is due. And it was due the moment we won last night.
I'm hardly a jerk, never met a person who's thought that. Coming to that conclusion on a message board is weak
MrGolfguy
CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?
Johnny Bear
Clutch win by BU today against a good team in a hostile environment to get the Supers. Credit where credit is due.
EvilTroyAndAbed
FFA0329 said:

I am not saying Glenn Moore is a great coach or even a good coach. I am not saying we have a great team or even a good team this year; however, BU is now one of 16 softball teams still playing. I would say that is pretty decent. I would also like to say after reading this thread over the last couple of months that iowabear and trex are A+, first class, #1 JERKS. The words and attitudes are pathetic and indefensible, really. You can question, you can criticize, you can even call for a change in leadership, all while being a rational decent human being. I am not impressed…….

We're in the Super Regionals but you're not going to say if we're a good team?

I'll say it. We're a good team.
Big_Pumpin
Did you guys see our left fielder throw out the runner at home in the top of the 6th? Great throw and an unbelievable catch and tag. To let he ball travel all the way to the runner and be able to hold on and apply the tag was incredible.
MrGolfguy
Big_Pumpin said:

Did you guys see our left fielder throw out the runner at home in the top of the 6th? Great throw and an unbelievable catch and tag. To let he ball travel all the way to the runner and be able to hold on and apply the tag was incredible.
It was the centerfielder, Taylor Strain, from tiny little Robinson Texas. She made several good defensive plays all weekend.
oldbear69
Super Reg baby ,,,,, someone on here owes coach Moore ,, a "Beg ur pardon"….who could that be ??
Jack Bauer
Super Regionals
(only seeds not to advance are #12 Arkansas and #13 La-Lafayette)

#1 Texas vs #16 Texas A&M
#8 Stanford vs #9 LSU

#4 Florida vs Baylor
#5 Ok State vs Arizona

---
#3 Tennessee vs. #14 Alabama
#6 UCLA vs #11 Georgia

#2 Oklahoma vs. #15 Florida State
#7 Mizzou vs. #10 Duke
ScottyB_The_Baylor_King
HoustonBear15
We are very lucky to have had a coach like Glenn Moore leading our program for the last 20+ years. Some may doubt him, but he has still managed to put up very competitive teams these past two seasons. If it wasn't for some very key injuries (and suspensions), this team would have been so much better this year.

The team has been without Dariana Orme, who was voted as one of the top 50 players in the nation heading into this season. Losing her was huge as Baylor was set to have a premier pitching staff with her alongside Binford and Crandall. Instead, those two have had to carry the load in the circle for Baylor this year, which has made them less effective than they may have been with a complete staff.

We also lost the starting shortstop in Amber Tovan to ACL, who was key in Baylor's defense breaking the program record for double plays last year. We moved Presleigh Pilon over to shortstop from second and started Leah Cran, who then also tore her ACL.

And we all know what happened with McKenzize Wilson.

Despite all of the adversity from both last season and this season, Baylor is headed back to the super regionals and is amongst the top 16 remaining teams in the country. This team has shown they can hang with and beat some of the top teams in the country. I wouldn't count them out against Florida, especially if Binford and Crandall are on it.

william
pro ecclesia, pro javelina
Big Bear
That took guts and I applaud you.
IowaBear
I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong. I was wrong Moore and the gals proved me dead wrong. I have zero shame admitting that.
BUBBFAN
Glen has done a remarkable job pricing this team together with all the injuries and other issues. Great job. This would be a World Series quality team if whole.
Big Bear
My source tells me that the NCAA is running from 2 court cases coming and to head them off all the lower teams, not football and men's and women's basketball will be fully funded player-wise. That is, all team members will be full scholarships. The number of scholarships allotted are yet determined but my best bet is in the 20 neighborhood. This action will very much level the playing field with the state schools.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.