Greatest Wimbledon ever?

1,324 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Golem
bularry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Don't watch as much tennis as I used to, but some great storylines and matches at this years event.
MrGolfguy
Perhaps, i'm not a fan of the ridiculously long 5th sets in the men's game though. Anderson seemed to be really worn out from the long 5th sets he had played. They should do a tiebreak after it gets to 8 or 10 all in the 5th.
bularry
MrGolfguy said:

Perhaps, i'm not a fan of the ridiculously long 5th sets in the men's game though. Anderson seemed to be really worn out from the long 5th sets he had played. They should do a tiebreak after it gets to 8 or 10 all in the 5th.
gotta disagree. the tiebreaker is too short a way to decide a match, IMO.

If Anderson didn't want to be tired, break the opponent before the 50th game of the set. Either way, it was great to see Djok showing signs of his dominant self. I really admire his talent. I was glad to see a major final without Nadal or Federer.

The women's tournament was crazy with so many seeded players being bounced early. Great to see Williams coming back to form so soon after giving birth. incredible.
MrGolfguy
bularry said:

MrGolfguy said:

But having the final be anti-climatic because one guy had to go to 26-24 in the 5th set of the semifinal doesn't seem like the way to decide a match either, especially the Final.
bularry
MrGolfguy said:

bularry said:

MrGolfguy said:

But having the final be anti-climatic because one guy had to go to 26-24 in the 5th set of the semifinal doesn't seem like the way to decide a match either, especially the Final.
well, that's true. not sure Anderson was going to stay with Djok anyway, but your point is valid.
Golem
1. Do you enjoy watching the ball more going back or forth?
2. Was the scoring system (Love-15-30-40) developed by a drunk unrequited dyscalculic?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.