Fully vaccinated and got COVID

20,795 Views | 372 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Sam Lowry
Jack Bauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oops

Osodecentx
quash said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

yup. Me too. However, I'm fully vaxed got it over Christmas and New Years (not fun quarantining during the holidays. I basically had a head cold and wasn't a big deal. From my understanding, if you are vaxed and get the Omicron ....its minor. This stuff is mild but really, really contagious . I probably know of 30 people who have it.

Omicron isn't a big deal regardless of whether you've been vaxxed. Only one recorded death in the U.S.
Arlington Republican activist, vaccine skeptic dies of COVID-19 complications
Kelly Canon, a longtime Republican activist in Arlington and vaccine skeptic, has died of COVID-19 complications.
Longtime Arlington Republican activist Kelly Canon, a grassroots organizer and vocal critic of vaccine requirements, died Monday of complications from COVID-19.
The Arlington Republican Party announced Canon's death on Facebook.
"Our dear friend Kelly Canon lost her battle with pneumonia today. Kelly will be forever in our hearts as a loyal and beloved friend and Patriot," the post read. "Gone way too soon. We will keep her family in our prayers."
Canon was recently hospitalized for COVID-19-related pneumonia, one of the most serious complications of the virus.
A month ago, Canon attended a symposium in Burleson dedicated to fighting vaccine mandates, according to her Facebook posts. Attendees included Dallas physician and vaccine skeptic Dr. Peter McCullough, who previously said on a Fox News show that there's "no clinical reason to go get vaccinated."
Canon said on Facebook in November that her employer granted her religious exemption request, so she would not be required to get a vaccine.
Canon was well-known for her successful grassroots campaign in 2015 to ban red light cameras in Arlington. They were later banned statewide.
A former vice president of the Arlington Tea Party, Canon left the organization in 2016 because of its support for a tax increase to build a new stadium for the Texas Rangers. Canon, along with a few others, created the Southeast Tarrant Tea Party, and Arlington voters passed the tax increase that year.
In 2017, Canon released a series of sexually explicit Facebook messages sent to her by then-Republican Congressman Joe Barton, who was married at the time. Barton was eventually forced to resign.
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2022/01/11/arlington-republican-activist-vaccine-skeptic-dies-of-covid-19-complications/

Wow, that article is a huge vomit of information. Instead of sorrow over the death of a young vibrant woman, it is politicizing her death. So what she was against a mandate. I am all for vaccination and educating people about the positives of vaccination, but against forced vaccination.

So a 46 year old died from Covid, I knew a triple vaccinated 61 year old from church who died from complications of Covid recently.

It has hit way to close to home on multiple occasions. She is just one example, I've known or known of, at least 5 people who didn't survive Covid.

I'm tired of the politics here. The virus is the enemy, not people.
Me too
Not really, if you are honest. You've come out in favor of tyrannical vaccine mandates on these boards, including Biden's OSHA mandate, and have come out against safe therapeutics like Ivermectin for more than a year on these boards. And while you don't have many original thoughts, you regularly post articles like the one above that demonstrate the scare tactics you would seek to employ to manipulate others into getting the vax. Your response to my factual statement regarding Omicron is a perfect example.
Every sentence in your post is false
As someone recently told me, you can put together a cogent response, I have seen you do it.

More to the point though, Mothra has a damn good point. You have all but cheered on the bully mobs demanding forced vaccination all the way down to kids. It's a bit late now to pretend the opposite.
I am not in favor of a vaccine mandate for any age group. Never have been.
I do believe the vaccine is safe for adults and that it is foolish not to be vaccinated.
You are the liar. You specifically told me you were absolutely fine with Biden's vaccine mandate. You've also posted several rebuttals to people who've recommended Ivermectin. Do you deny that?
I oppose Biden's vaccine mandate. Do you have a link to my vaccine mandate approval?

I have been skeptical of IVM, but said I was revising the issue.
https://sicem365.com/forums/7/topics/100792

Welcome to my world. Hewing to the facts will get you falsely accused of supporting vaccine mandates, lockdowns, etc. Been through that several times during the pandemic.

Nobody remembers that the allegations were false, they just remember putting a star on the allegation.
Yep. Keep the faith
Doc Holliday
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

yup. Me too. However, I'm fully vaxed got it over Christmas and New Years (not fun quarantining during the holidays. I basically had a head cold and wasn't a big deal. From my understanding, if you are vaxed and get the Omicron ....its minor. This stuff is mild but really, really contagious . I probably know of 30 people who have it.

Omicron isn't a big deal regardless of whether you've been vaxxed. Only one recorded death in the U.S.
Kelly Canon, a longtime Republican activist in Arlington and vaccine skeptic, has died of COVID-19 complications.
Longtime Arlington Republican activist Kelly Canon, a grassroots organizer and vocal critic of vaccine requirements, died Monday of complications from COVID-19.
"Our dear friend Kelly Canon lost her battle with pneumonia today. Kelly will be forever in our hearts as a loyal and beloved friend and Patriot," the post read. "Gone way too soon. We will keep her family in our prayers."
Canon was recently hospitalized for COVID-19-related pneumonia, one of the most serious complications of the virus.
A month ago, Canon attended a symposium in Burleson dedicated to fighting vaccine mandates, according to her Facebook posts. Attendees included Dallas physician and vaccine skeptic Dr. Peter McCullough, who previously said on a Fox News show that there's "no clinical reason to go get vaccinated."
Canon said on Facebook in November that her employer granted her religious exemption request, so she would not be required to get a vaccine.
Canon was well-known for her successful grassroots campaign in 2015 to ban red light cameras in Arlington. They were later banned statewide.
A former vice president of the Arlington Tea Party, Canon left the organization in 2016 because of its support for a tax increase to build a new stadium for the Texas Rangers. Canon, along with a few others, created the Southeast Tarrant Tea Party, and Arlington voters passed the tax increase that year.
In 2017, Canon released a series of sexually explicit Facebook messages sent to her by then-Republican Congressman Joe Barton, who was married at the time. Barton was eventually forced to resign.
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2022/01/11/arlington-republican-activist-vaccine-skeptic-dies-of-covid-19-complications/

Wow, that article is a huge vomit of information. Instead of sorrow over the death of a young vibrant woman, it is politicizing her death. So what she was against a mandate. I am all for vaccination and educating people about the positives of vaccination, but against forced vaccination.

So a 46 year old died from Covid, I knew a triple vaccinated 61 year old from church who died from complications of Covid recently.

It has hit way to close to home on multiple occasions. She is just one example, I've known or known of, at least 5 people who didn't survive Covid.

Me too
Not really, if you are honest. You've come out in favor of tyrannical vaccine mandates on these boards, including Biden's OSHA mandate, and have come out against safe therapeutics like Ivermectin for more than a year on these boards. And while you don't have many original thoughts, you regularly post articles like the one above that demonstrate the scare tactics you would seek to employ to manipulate others into getting the vax. Your response to my factual statement regarding Omicron is a perfect example.
As someone recently told me, you can put together a cogent response, I have seen you do it.

More to the point though, Mothra has a damn good point. You have all but cheered on the bully mobs demanding forced vaccination all the way down to kids. It's a bit late now to pretend the opposite.
I do believe the vaccine is safe for adults and that it is foolish not to be vaccinated.
You post facts. Only Democrats do that. It is basically the same as supporting tyranny.
His belief the vaccine is safe is a fact. Interesting...

Maybe we will know in the next 5-10 years if he's correct.
His opinion probably won't change. Yours certainly will not.
Lets talk facts.

How many people have natural immunity?

How many people have died of Covid with no comorbidities?
Doc Holliday
Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

Me too

You are the liar. You specifically told me you were absolutely fine with Biden's vaccine mandate. You've also posted several rebuttals to people who've recommended Ivermectin. Do you deny that?
I oppose Biden's vaccine mandate. Do you have a link to my vaccine mandate approval?

Welcome to my world. Hewing to the facts will get you falsely accused of supporting vaccine mandates, lockdowns, etc. Been through that several times during the pandemic.

Nobody remembers that the allegations were false, they just remember putting a star on the allegation.
Yep. Keep the faith
Neither of you have given an opinion on what you want to see regarding COVID.

That's not an accident. You're afraid to play your cards.
Osodecentx
Doc Holliday said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

Me too

Yep. Keep the faith

I believe it will be a mild disease, like seasonal flu, and that vaccines will be available to control symptoms, like seasonal flu. There won't be lockdowns or vaccine/mask mandates.

I do worry about "long covid".

Are we okay now?
4th and Inches
Osodecentx said:

Doc Holliday said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

Me too

Yep. Keep the faith

I believe it will be a mild disease, like seasonal flu, and that vaccines will be available to control symptoms, like seasonal flu. There won't be lockdowns or vaccine/mask mandates.

Are we okay now?
long covid is an oddity to worry about.. so far we know it seems to attack people with chronic inflammation most often. In some people, it seems to "hide" in the body. Anti Inflammatories and anti viral therapuetics are probably at least part of the answer.
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

#50 KAIAN ROBERTS-DAY ( DL )
CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
Wrecks Quan Dough
4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Doc Holliday said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

Me too

Yep. Keep the faith

Are we okay now?
long covid is an oddity to worry about.. so far we know it seems to attack people with chronic inflammation most often. In some people, it seems to "hide" in the body. Anti Inflammatories and anti viral therapuetics are probably at least part of the answer.
Long covid is the boogeyman the fear mongers want you to worry about when you stop fretting over "asymptomatic spread."
Osodecentx
Amal Shuq-Up said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Doc Holliday said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

Me too

Yep. Keep the faith

Are we okay now?
Long covid is the boogeyman the fear mongers want you to worry about when you stop fretting over "asymptomatic spread."

Long haulers are people who have not fully recovered from COVID-19 weeks or even months after first experiencing symptoms. Some long haulers experience continuous symptoms for weeks or months, while others feel better for weeks, then relapse with old or new symptoms. The constellation of symptoms long haulers experience, sometimes called post-COVID-19 syndrome or post-acute sequelae of SARS-CoV-2 infection (PASC), is not unique to this infection. Other infections, such as Lyme disease, can cause similar long-lasting symptoms.
quash
Osodecentx said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Doc Holliday said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

Me too

Yep. Keep the faith

Are we okay now?

Long haulers are people who have not fully recovered from COVID-19 weeks or even months after first experiencing symptoms. Some long haulers experience continuous symptoms for weeks or months, while others feel better for weeks, then relapse with old or new symptoms. The constellation of symptoms long haulers experience, sometimes called post-COVID-19 syndrome or post-acute sequelae of SARS-CoV-2 infection (PASC), is not unique to this infection. Other infections, such as Lyme disease, can cause similar long-lasting symptoms.

A colleague has facial paralysis, like a stroke victim. I had never heard of that from Covid but apparently it happens and should be temporary.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Wrecks Quan Dough
quash said:

Osodecentx said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Doc Holliday said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

Me too

Yep. Keep the faith

Are we okay now?

A colleague has facial paralysis, like a stroke victim. I had never heard of that from Covid but apparently it happens and should be temporary.

It is a very low probability occurrence. We should not be terrified of low probability events.
Mothra
From what I have read, anyone experiencing a symptom of covid months after contracting the disease is considered a long hauler. So my sense of taste and smell haven't completed returned, well, I am supposedly now a "long hauler" since it's been a few months, despite the fact I feel perfectly fine.

It would appear that definition is being used to scare people when even a minor lingering effect makes on a "long hauler."
D. C. Bear
Mothra said:

From what I have read, anyone experiencing a symptom of covid months after contracting the disease is considered a long hauler. So my sense of taste and smell haven't completed returned, well, I am supposedly now a "long hauler" since it's been a few months, despite the fact I feel perfectly fine.

It would appear that definition is being used to scare people when even a minor lingering effect makes on a "long hauler."
Out local hospital did not start a program for COVID long haulers because of "minor lingering effects." It is substantial enough here that they felt the need to do something about it.
Mothra
D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

Out local hospital did not start a program for COVID long haulers because of "minor lingering effects." It is substantial enough here that they felt the need to do something about it.
While that may be true, if you do a google search of what is considered a long hauler, apparently those with minor lingering effects are being included in that number.
D. C. Bear
Mothra said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

While that may be true, if you do a google search of what is considered a long hauler, apparently those with minor lingering effects are being included in that number.
And?
Mothra
D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

And?
And that label is being used to scare people, despite its inaccuracy.
Forest Bueller_bf
Mothra said:

I've read where 1.6 million people still have an altered sense of taste/smell or both long after the illness has past.

Thankfully I am not one of them. Though I hated it for a couple of weeks.
D. C. Bear
Mothra said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

And?

That is pretty ironic coming from you.
Wrecks Quan Dough
D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

And?

Have you had your daily booster? Just to be sure. You can never be too safe.
D. C. Bear
Amal Shuq-Up said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

And?

Do you have something useful to contribute?
Canon
D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

And?

He's consistently said (accurately) that Covid is not a danger to the vast majority of people. He's not trying to scare anyone. He just wants to be left alone by you lot who thrive on Covid fear porn.
Wrecks Quan Dough
D. C. Bear said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

And?

Yes. Is there any sacrifice too great for the young to make to help you feel safe?
Mothra
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Mothra said:

I've read where 1.6 million people still have an altered sense of taste/smell or both long after the illness has past.

Thankfully I am not one of them. Though I hated it for a couple of weeks.
That includes me.
Mothra
D. C. Bear said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

And?

D. C. Bear
Canon said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

And?

He's consistently said (accurately) that Covid is not a danger to the vast majority of people. He's not trying to scare anyone. He just wants to be left alone by you lot who thrive on Covid fear porn.

He has offered misleading information regarding the safety of the COVID vaccines, or the lack thereof, that would get him reprimanded and retrained or fired if he had a job as a (real) journalist.
D. C. Bear
Amal Shuq-Up said:

D. C. Bear said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

And?

Yes. Is there any sacrifice too great for the young to make to help you feel safe?

What, exactly, do you think my position is on vaccinating kids?
Canon
D. C. Bear said:

Canon said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

And?

He has offered misleading information regarding the safety of the COVID vaccines, or the lack thereof, that would get him reprimanded and retrained or fired if he had a job as a (real) journalist.
The current job of 'real' journalists is to offer misleading information regarding COVID. It appears our CDC has assumed that role as well, particularly as regards masks and therapeutics. His offering of accurate information which is not only not discussed by mainstream media but suppressed, is a public service.

There are potential issues with these vaccines that no one can honestly dismiss because there is ZERO longitudinal data on them. You and many others dislike that he raises questions because you want sheep like compliance. He has questions. He has concerns. Many others do as well and they are well founded.

If you would simply leave others alone and let them make their own choices, absent of suppressing information that doesn't coincide with your narrative, you might learn something or convince people your side has merit. Suppression doesn't do anything but convince others you are incorrect enough to hide something.
4th and Inches
D. C. Bear said:

Canon said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

And?

where do real journalists work these days? Almost every one of the alphabet news talking heads has lied about many things in the last 5 years. Social media is even worse..
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

#50 KAIAN ROBERTS-DAY ( DL )
CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
D. C. Bear
Canon said:

D. C. Bear said:

Canon said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

And?

The current job of 'real' journalists is to offer misleading information regarding COVID. It appears our CDC has assumed that role as well, particularly as regards masks and therapeutics. His offering of accurate information which is not only not discussed by mainstream media but suppressed, is a public service.

There are potential issues with these vaccines that no one can honestly dismiss because there is ZERO longitudinal data on them. You and many others dislike that he raises questions because you want sheep like compliance. He has questions. He has concerns. Many others do as well and they are well founded.

If you would simply leave others alone and let them make their own choices, absent of suppressing information that doesn't coincide with your narrative, you might learn something or convince people your side has merit. Suppression doesn't do anything but convince others you are incorrect enough to hide something.

1. There are not a whole lot of people engaging in the role of "real" journalists right now.

2. When he posts about a crappy poster at an American Heart Association conference that was so bad that the organizers put a warning on it after it slipped through whatever review process they had and attributes it to the AHA, that is not offering "accurate information," that is offering crap.

3. My advice to people is to consult with their personal physicians. Not sure how that is suppressing anything or why you would have a problem with that.
D. C. Bear
4th and Inches said:

D. C. Bear said:

Canon said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

And?

where do real journalists work these days? Almost every one of the alphabet news talking heads has lied about many things in the last 5 years. Social media is even worse..

They are very hard to find.
Doc Holliday
Amal Shuq-Up said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

And?

You gotta have Pfaith!
Mothra
D. C. Bear said:

Canon said:

D. C. Bear said:

Canon said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

And?

1. There are not a whole lot of people engaging in the role of "real" journalists right now.

2. When he posts about a crappy poster at an American Heart Association conference that was so bad that the organizers put a warning on it after it slipped through whatever review process they had and attributes it to the AHA, that is not offering "accurate information," that is offering crap.

3. My advice to people is to consult with their personal physicians. Not sure how that is suppressing anything or why you would have a problem with that.

With respect to number two, I posed a question from an article that described the post just as I stated. You've provides much revisionist history on that thread.

As for number three, anyone who's read your post the last year knows that's complete and total bull***** You have regularly expressed your dismay and anger at people who have not been vaxxed. You're one of the boards resident VNs.
D. C. Bear
Mothra said:

D. C. Bear said:

Canon said:

D. C. Bear said:

Canon said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

And?

With respect to number two, I posed a question from an article that described the post just as I stated. You've provides much revisionist history on that thread.

As for number three, anyone who's read your post the last year knows that's complete and total bull***** You have regularly expressed your dismay and anger at people who have not been vaxxed. You're one of the boards resident VNs.

The fact that you thought you were providing something other than seriously misleading information with that particular thread shows how ridiculously blind you are on this issue.

Anyone who has read my posts knows that I have argued that data show and have shown that choosing to be vaccinated is the best course for most people. Data do show precisely that.
Oldbear83
1. The vaccines are the best preventive course for most adults

2. Vaccine mandates are unethical and coercion. And, at long last, confirmed to be unconstitutional when demanded by federal hacks for private businesses.

3. Emotions have run high on both sides the past 2 years, and many have said and written things they would have thought better of in most other situations

4. Fascism is born of fear, and far too many people are willing to be ruled by fear.

5. Far too many are unwilling to admit at least 2 of those four prior points

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Ghostrider
Canon said:

D. C. Bear said:

Canon said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

And?

9.37 billion doses have been given with very very very few issues. I'd say it is more than safe…except for Alex Jones types.
Canon
Ghostrider said:

Canon said:

D. C. Bear said:

Canon said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

And?

9.37 billion have been vaccinated with very very very few issues. I'd say it is more than safe…except for Alex Jones types.

You don't understand what longitudinal means.

Also, there aren't 9.37 billion people on earth. So there's that too. You might want to sit this one out, Covid porn boy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.