REBOOT: 62% of Americans think Putin WOULDN'T have invaded Ukraine if Trump POTUS

6,674 Views | 117 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by RD2WINAGNBEAR86
J.R.
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Johnny Bear said:

J.R. said:

This has nothing to do with Trump or Biden. It has to do with 2 things. 1) Putin want to get the band back together 2) secondly and more important is the price of oil. If you look the 3 times that Putin invaded Georgia and Crimea, the pice of oil was $100/ barrel or more. Guess where oil is today? $100 per barrel. Oil was some where from $20-$50 during Trump. The money the Kremlin makes at $100 oil is just obscene as Oil and Gas are 35%-40% of Russia's GDP. That is why he invaded now, not that he was fearful of Trump and Biden is a pushover.

How in the world can you say it isn't about Trump or dementia Joe?? Do you seriously think oil would be at or above $100 a barrel right now if Trump was still POTUS?? Just as a reminder it wasn't Trump that for all intents and purposes declared war on domestic oil and gas production starting day one of his presidency out of fear of the squad and crazed environmental extremists. I would think an all knowing "oil tycoon" would understand basic, fundamental facts like this.

You really need to seek treatment for your irrational TDS.

Hey knucklehead....I said nothing about Trump other than this situation has nothing to do with either. Has to do with the price of oil to fuel his invasions. I give you $100 oil during Georgia, Crimea, and now Ukraine. He wants to reconstitute the USSR, but does it when he fuel it with oil cash. Meanwhile we are importing 600,000 barrels of oil daily from Russia. God bless Biden and his greenie buddies for trying to put us out of business like Obama. Always backfires. We in the patch loves some dems in the Whitehouse. Business is always better for us when there is a lefty in the Whitehouse.
J.R.
Mothra said:

J.R. said:

This has nothing to do with Trump or Biden. It has to do with 2 things. 1) Putin want to get the band back together 2) secondly and more important is the price of oil. If you look the 3 times that Putin invaded Georgia and Crimea, the pice of oil was $100/ barrel or more. Guess where oil is today? $100 per barrel. Oil was some where from $20-$50 during Trump. The money the Kremlin makes at $100 oil is just obscene as Oil and Gas are 35%-40% of Russia's GDP. That is why he invaded now, not that he was fearful of Trump and Biden is a pushover.

So the price of oil has nothing to do with the polices of the current president?

Wow. Two of the dumbest takes on this board in the same thread.

Let me also remind you that when our enemies think the administration is feckless, it emboldens them and causes them to do certain things that they otherwise wouldn't. See the Jimmy Carter administration. Do you think it's a coincidence that I ran released our hostages when Reagan won the presidency?
Of course the price has to do with current administrations policies. XL Pipeline, nixing LNG transfer ports, green bs. You may want to stick to your scholarly ways and do a little research into the business and history. You hav less than zero clue how it works.
Mothra
J.R. said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

So the price of oil has nothing to do with the polices of the current president?

Wow. Two of the dumbest takes on this board in the same thread.

Let me also remind you that when our enemies think the administration is feckless, it emboldens them and causes them to do certain things that they otherwise wouldn't. See the Jimmy Carter administration. Do you think it's a coincidence that I ran released our hostages when Reagan won the presidency?
Of course the price has to do with current administrations policies. XL Pipeline, nixing LNG transfer ports, green bs. You may want to stick to your scholarly ways and do a little research into the business and history. You hav less than zero clue how it works.
I haven't expressed an opinion on how it works, ye of horrid reading comprehension. I simply pointed out that your position that the price of oil "has nothing to do with Biden" is one of the most asinine statements made on this board.

You have of course completely backtracked now that the absurdity of such a statement has been pointed out. Look, I am sure at the time you made the statement, the Trump Derangement Syndrome got the better of you. Next time, just admit you were wrong and move on.

Whiskey Pete
Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Man you guys are hypersensitive about Trump. Re-read my post-I did not say that Trump weakened Ukraine's military or that the delay in funding has had any impact on this conflict.

Except that you said "Trump was weakening Ukraine's military based on his own political well-being"

That sounds an awful lot like Trump weakened Ukraine's military

You are right- it sounds like that. But "was weakening" is not "weakened." He was weakening Ukraine militarily. A bipartisan congress put a stop to it. In the end, no harm.

Just an example of how DJT's conduct put personal interests above national interests. So if people are going to make Ukraine a comparison of Trump and Biden, that part of the story can't be ignored.
Here's the deal, if someone is weakening something that mean is more weakened than before. In a situation like this, "weaken" is relative to one's view.

What can't be ignored is that Biden has weakened, is weakening and will continue to weaken America. Speaking of putting personal interests above all else, look no further to the current "big guy".

The fact is that you tried to argue Trump's 2 month delay on sending lethal aid to Ukraine was weakening Ukraine while completely ignoring that Obama/Biden refused to send them arms at all, even after Poroshenko came to Washington begging for weapons. And you want to try to pass that off as Trump weakening Ukraine? Yeah, okay.

So here's your empirical fact: Russia invaded Ukraine under Biden's watch and Ukraine is trying to defend their way of life, today, right now, with weapons provided by the Trump administration.
Mothra
Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Man you guys are hypersensitive about Trump. Re-read my post-I did not say that Trump weakened Ukraine's military or that the delay in funding has had any impact on this conflict.

Except that you said "Trump was weakening Ukraine's military based on his own political well-being"

You are right- it sounds like that. But "was weakening" is not "weakened." He was weakening Ukraine militarily. A bipartisan congress put a stop to it. In the end, no harm.

Just an example of how DJT's conduct put personal interests above national interests. So if people are going to make Ukraine a comparison of Trump and Biden, that part of the story can't be ignored.
Trump is a POS, and his treatment of Ukraine was despicable. It's one of the many reasons I hope my conservative friends aren't tempted to vote again for the loser.

But let's not pretend that Trump weakened or was weakening (however you want to term it) Ukraine and that has led to the current set of circumstances. With all due respect, you did appear to try to make that argument, and have backtracked some since people called b.s.
Sam Lowry
Mothra said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

It's one of the many reasons I hope my conservative friends aren't tempted to vote again for the loser.
I assure you that no true conservative will ever vote for Trump again.
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

It's one of the many reasons I hope my conservative friends aren't tempted to vote again for the loser.
No true conservative should vote for him in the primaries. General election? I'd have to place a vote for him because he'd be the more conservative candidate (not that that matters to you, of course).
Whiskey Pete
Mothra said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Trump is a POS, and his treatment of Ukraine was despicable. It's one of the many reasons I hope my conservative friends aren't tempted to vote again for the loser.

But let's not pretend that Trump weakened or was weakening (however you want to term it) Ukraine and that has led to the current set of circumstances. With all due respect, you did appear to try to make that argument, and have backtracked some since people called b.s.
Depending on who the Republican candidates are in the primary, I will most likely sit it out, unless DeSantis runs. If he decides to run for President in 2024, then I'll cast a primary vote for Ron.

If Trump ends up being the Republican nominee for 2024, I have zero issues voting for him in the general election.

If there is no Trump or DeSantis in the general, then I'll probably vote Libertarian again.
muddybrazos
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

True conservatives would like Pat Buchanan or someone with his views but we dont have any of those. Desantis, Rand Paul or Trump is as close as we're gonna get by judging what the options are.
Whiskey Pete
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

I'm curious, why wouldn't a "true conservative" vote for Trump?
Mothra
Rawhide said:

Mothra said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Depending on who the Republican candidates are in the primary, I will most likely sit it out, unless DeSantis runs. If he decides to run for President in 2024, then I'll cast a primary vote for Ron.

If Trump ends up being the Republican nominee for 2024, I have zero issues voting for him in the general election.

If there is no Trump or DeSantis in the general, then I'll probably vote Libertarian again.
Agree for the most part. I prefer DeSantis, and will vote for him in the primaries, most likely. But I can't bring myself to vote Trump in the primaries. Can't stand the guy, and he's proven to be a loser. No reason to vote for another re-tread. We can do much better. The problem is, he has his sycophants that think he's a god.

Agree I will vote for Trump if he's the candidate, knowing of course that he doesn't have a chance in hell of winning in 2024 and that all but assures us of another 4 years of a Democrat.
Mothra
Rawhide said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

It's got to be the perfect candidate for Sam to actually vote in a presidential election. This is why he sits out most presidential election cycles.
Porteroso
There is really no good way of knowing Putin wouldn't have invaded with Trump as President. I do trust Trump to care about himself, and therefore America, but he pretty clearly showed he didn't care for Ukraine.

And while Biden has certainly been weak on the issue, even encouraging the Russians (and Chinese for that matter), Russia has had its sights on its old holdings for quite some time.

You could definitely blame Biden for being weak and useless, but to pretend Russia wouldn't have invaded with another President? A ridiculous stretch. You guys think Putin cares about who is in the White House? That's cute.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
So 95 of the election polls that showed Biden was going to win were actually meaningless and 90% of the posters here thimk the election was rigged but now polls are all of a sudden good barometers of public opinion on fantasy foriegn actions.

J.R.
muddybrazos said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

True conservatives would like Pat Buchanan or someone with his views but we dont have any of those. Desantis, Rand Paul or Trump is as close as we're gonna get by judging what the options are.
Those are 3 horrible choices , right there!
Wangchung
Porteroso said:

There is really no good way of knowing Putin wouldn't have invaded with Trump as President. I do trust Trump to care about himself, and therefore America, but he pretty clearly showed he didn't care for Ukraine.

And while Biden has certainly been weak on the issue, even encouraging the Russians (and Chinese for that matter), Russia has had its sights on its old holdings for quite some time.

You could definitely blame Biden for being weak and useless, but to pretend Russia wouldn't have invaded with another President? A ridiculous stretch. You guys think Putin cares about who is in the White House? That's cute.
Exactly, it's all just coincidence...
Mothra
J.R. said:

muddybrazos said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

For non-conservatives such as yourself, I am sure.
Sam Lowry
Rawhide said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Because we believe in the Constitution and the rule of law. Trump has no regard for such things.
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

Rawhide said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Because we believe in the Constitution and the rule of law. Trump has no regard for such things.
"We."

LOL.

Yes, better to sit it out and vote for nobody. But hey, at least your groupie, Oso, likes your post.
Porteroso
Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Laughable. It's almost like Russia has a history of...... aggression... before Biden took office? Or maybe you're right, Biden was the great catalyst that spurred the first Russian aggression the world has seen.
LateSteak69
Rawhide said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Trump is not a republican, which is why i did not and never will vote for him.
Wangchung
Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

Laughable. It's almost like Russia has a history of...... aggression... before Biden took office? Or maybe you're right, Biden was the great catalyst that spurred the first Russian aggression the world has seen.
You say its laughable but then make my point that you're saying Trump was merely on the lucky end of coincidence as Russia has always been aggressive.
Mothra
If you don't believe Biden is worse than Trump, I can see why you would have that mentality. But if that is your mentality, chances are you aren't really all that conservative.

For conservatives, Trump is better than Biden, and we are seeing why with each passing day. That is why as long as we have only two viable candidates, a conservative should vote Republican.
Mothra
Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

If by aggression you mean invading other countries, Russia has done so twice - both during Democrat presidencies. I'll let others judge whether that's mere coincidence.
Porteroso
Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

If by aggression you mean invading other countries, Russia has done so twice - both during Democrat presidencies. I'll let others judge whether that's mere coincidence.

I guess if you ignore anything pre-2014, sure, you're right.
LateSteak69
Mothra said:

If you don't believe Biden is worse than Trump, I can see why you would have that mentality. But if that is your mentality, chances are you aren't really all that conservative.

For conservatives, Trump is better than Biden, and we are seeing why with each passing day. That is why as long as we have only two viable candidates, a conservative should vote Republican.
I simply believe that Trump is not a Republican, he shifts with what gets him what he wants. He was a registered Democrat in the 2000's.
Mothra
Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Porteroso said:

I guess if you ignore anything pre-2014, sure, you're right.
You said Russia. I am unaware of any "Russian" invasions pre or post-2014 other than those mentioned.
J.R.
Mothra said:

J.R. said:

muddybrazos said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Oh, I'm conservative fiscally, I'm liberal on social issues. I'm Independent. So, we have Trumpy junior from FLA. Rand Paul is a freaking nutjob, and last but not least on your list, we have Trumpy himself. He is a dreadful human and a poor leader. He is done. You need get over these clowns.
Wangchung
LateSteak69 said:

Mothra said:

I simply believe that Trump is not a Republican, he shifts with what gets him what he wants. He was a registered Democrat in the 2000's.
This is accurate. It's his belief that he can shape America to be closer to it's potential because that will obviously benefit himself as well, rather than be controlled by the leeches that depend only on said control to become wealthy and who manipulate the economy based on as much, that makes him a desirable president. All the other "Racist!" "Evil!" "Fascist!" "Idiot!" noise is the same tripe we hear from the Left about every Republican and for certain every Republican president. His massive deregulation and tax reforms led us to the greatest economy we had seen in decades. It took a world wide pandemic to slow him down. It took Biden reversing Trump policies while taking credit for the economy opening up from Covid restrictions to bring us here with massive inflation, an open border and worldwide conflict.
Mothra
J.R. said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

muddybrazos said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Oh, I'm conservative fiscally, I'm liberal on social issues. I'm Independent. So, we have Trumpy junior from FLA. Rand Paul is a freaking nutjob, and last but not least on your list, we have Trumpy himself. He is a dreadful human and a poor leader. He is done. You need get over these clowns.
Like I said, I can understand why a non-conservative such as yourself is unhappy with those choices.
Mothra
LateSteak69 said:

Mothra said:

Don't disagree. Sometimes, however, we have to make a choice between the lesser of the evils. For me, that was Trump, and we are seeing why with each passing day.
Whiskey Pete
Sam Lowry said:

Rawhide said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

What Trump policies violated your constitutional rights?
Whiskey Pete
LateSteak69 said:

Rawhide said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Trump is not a republican, which is why i did not and never will vote for him.
So, who would be your ideal Republican candidate?
Whiskey Pete
LateSteak69 said:

Mothra said:

Examples please? As far as I can tell, Trump didn't change when we won in 2016 he did (or tried to do) what he said he would do.

Which one of these do you have issues with?

1) First Step Act
2) Tax Cuts
3) Not completing the wall
4) Forgiving the debt from HBCUs and securing permanent financing for them
5) Operation Warp Speed
6) USMCA
7) Space Force
8) Record low poverty rates for Blacks and Hispanics
9) Moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem
10) Cutting red tape and rolling back regulations
11) Designating MLK Jr.'s birthplace as historical landmark

Just out of curiosity, what did Trump do that flew in the face of Republican values?
Canon
Rawhide said:

Sam Lowry said:

Rawhide said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

What Trump policies violated your constitutional rights?

He said mean things and, like every democrat challenger who lost in the last 20 years, he claimed the election was stolen.

In reality, Trump never violated the constitution or rule of law. In fact, he actually respected federalism and appointed judges (not by race or sex) who follow the constitution to a far closer extent than the leftists appointed by democrats. He didn't start any wars. He cut taxes. He cut regulation. He told NATO to pay up….something they're wishing now they had done.

So basically, he said mean things.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.