Social Media, Woke Business and the Abortion Decision

5,675 Views | 122 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by LIB,MR BEARS
Sam Lowry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He Hate Me said:

Booray said:

He Hate Me said:

Booray said:

He Hate Me said:

Booray said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Maybe just coach them to keep their legs closed instead?

Cavemen are so funny.

Self control: It's not just for cavemen anymore.

Apparently, cavemen don't have to worry about self control. It's on the cave women.

The general lack of concern for women on these threads borders on misogyny. Fits squarely in the A-hole category though. And is so far from Christian it's not worth discussing

Grow up. Both men and women need to exercise self control. It would do society good.

That was my point. It's not just women who cause pregnancy.

Yeah. Which why saying women should abstain is not misogynistic. It means neither male nor female would be engaged in coitus.
Yeah, but let's be honest. More often it's the man who's pushing for sex, including a lot of pro-life men.

Anti-abortion laws developed at a time when men were presumed to be responsible for the women they impregnated. Roe significantly undermined that ethos. If it isn't restored, Dobbs won't make much difference in the long run. The states will gradually realize that women have to look out for themselves.
SIC EM 94
Jack Bauer said:

WNBA players' union decries overturning of Roe v. Wade

Oh no!!! Maybe we should change how we feel too?
Jack Bauer
ESPN broke from the NBA draft coverage for this..

LIB,MR BEARS
Jack Bauer said:

what Dick's did was gutsy, wrong but gutsy. They run the risk of losing business.

In the case of the WNBA, if you have no viewers you have no risk.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Sam Lowry said:

He Hate Me said:

Booray said:

He Hate Me said:

Booray said:

He Hate Me said:

Booray said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Cavemen are so funny.

Self control: It's not just for cavemen anymore.

Apparently, cavemen don't have to worry about self control. It's on the cave women.

The general lack of concern for women on these threads borders on misogyny. Fits squarely in the A-hole category though. And is so far from Christian it's not worth discussing

Grow up. Both men and women need to exercise self control. It would do society good.

That was my point. It's not just women who cause pregnancy.

Yeah. Which why saying women should abstain is not misogynistic. It means neither male nor female would be engaged in coitus.
Yeah, but let's be honest. More often it's the man who's pushing for sex....

Not in my experience.
Canada2017
ATL Bear said:

$4000? Abortion tourism?
Abortion tourism is already in the process of getting established in Colorado .

Porteroso
Harrison Bergeron said:

Yeah you dirty women, just close your legs. So ridiculous that women just open up to any man on the street. Just stop being a whoore and you won't need an abortion.
Golem
Porteroso said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Yeah you dirty women, just close your legs. So ridiculous that women just open up to any man on the street. Just stop being a whoore and you won't need an abortion.

Children conceived inside marriage are far less likely to be aborted, so……maybe you are into something.
Golem
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Jack Bauer said:

In the case of the WNBA, if you have no viewers you have no risk.

Let's be honest. How many WNBA players are sexually oriented in such a way that the possibility of 'accidental' impregnation is even remotely plausible?
ShooterTX
Canada2017 said:

ATL Bear said:

$4000? Abortion tourism?

Abortion and Pot tourism... where the hell is Colorado going next? prostitution? gambling? Are they trying to become the Bangkok of the Rockies?
ShooterTX
Wrecks Quan Dough
ShooterTX said:

Canada2017 said:

ATL Bear said:

$4000? Abortion tourism?

Abortion and Pot tourism... where the hell is Colorado going next? prostitution? gambling? Are they trying to become the Bangkok of the Rockies?

One night in Boulder
Makes a hard man humble...
Canada2017
ShooterTX said:

Canada2017 said:

ATL Bear said:

$4000? Abortion tourism?

Oregon of the Rockies
BearN
LIB,MR BEARS said:

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. We will also not support the murder of unborn children.
BearForce
Harrison Bergeron said:

Well, they still can't impregnate themselves. Seems there is enough individual responsibility needing to be exercised by both genders.
Golem
BearForce said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Well, they still can't impregnate themselves. Seems there is enough individual responsibility needing to be exercised by both genders.

Humans have a sex. Words have a gender.

If you are a taxi driver, the burden of responsibility for not getting puke in your car rests with you choosing not to pick up drunks.

Like it or not, if you operate the vehicle, you need to make good decisions about who you let in. Perhaps, don't be a taxi driver. Be a chauffeur for a single person you know and trust.
Proud 1992 Alum
I read recently that from the 1600s to 1800s, a total of 10 million people were enslaved in America. All abused but most not killed. Slavery is rightly considered a monstrous crime. Now imagine the over 60 million babies killed in the last 50 years. Not abused, but
killed. Each of those babies were as human as you and me. Each might have been happy, successful and contributed something to society. All deserved that chance. Proponents of abortion can't even bring themselves to say the word. They use pro-choice, reproductive health, women's health to obscure the reality. Abortion is rooted in the racist eugenics movement and currently Planned Parenthood is an organization supported by donations from rich white people who place their clinics in poor areas, often in black communities. Abortion is evil, plain and simple.
ShooterTX
Proud 1992 Alum said:

I read recently that from the 1600s to 1800s, a total of 10 million people were enslaved in America. All abused but most not killed. Slavery is rightly considered a monstrous crime. Now imagine the over 60 million babies killed in the last 50 years. Not abused, but
killed. Each of those babies were as human as you and me. Each might have been happy, successful and contributed something to society. All deserved that chance. Proponents of abortion can't even bring themselves to say the word. They use pro-choice, reproductive health, women's health to obscure the reality. Abortion is rooted in the racist eugenics movement and currently Planned Parenthood is an organization supported by donations from rich white people who place their clinics in poor areas, often in black communities. Abortion is evil, plain and simple.

One of Margaret Sangers original ally organizations was the KKK... they had a common goal.

ShooterTX
4th and Inches
Jack Bauer said:

Also searching for anybody that actually watches the W
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Jack Bauer
What is this- you need your company to be your Mommy and Daddy to take care of you as an adult?

Quote:

Alaska Air Group (ALK.N), parent of Alaska Airlines, said on Friday it is "reimbursing travel for certain medical procedures and treatments if they are not available where you live. Today's Supreme Court decision does not change that."

Other companies offering the benefit include Johnson & Johnson (JNJ.N), online dating sites OkCupid and Bumble Inc (BMBL.O), Netflix Inc (NFLX.O) and JPMorgan Chase & Co (JPM.N), the nation's largest bank.

Quote:

Tech companies including Microsoft, Amazon, Meta, Apple and Google will cover or reimburse employees for travel expenses related to medical procedures, including abortions.

Amazon announced in May it would cover up to $4,000 in travel expenses related to medical procedures including abortion services. That policy is retroactive to Jan. 1 for employees and their dependents covered by two company-offered health plans. The funds could go toward services rendered if care is not available virtually or within 100 miles of an employee's home.
Jack Bauer
ScottS
Wouldn't someone claim to need an abortion just to get free travel?
ScottS
Jack Bauer said:

The liberal tears on this is beautiful to watch. The left gets very odd when they lose on any of their top issues.
ScottS
ScottS said:

Or more likely they will get pg because they know their company will pay for them to travel and abort.
4th and Inches
ScottS said:

ScottS said:

Or more likely they will get pg because they know their company will pay for them to travel and abort.
most are saying reimbursement, not pay for directly but yes- i could see somebody abusing it for tgis purpose. I guess they deserve it for offering it
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Jack Bauer
ScottS said:

ScottS said:

What's the HR code for that - "ABOR"?
Proud 1992 Alum
Congress should disallow related tax deductions to these woke companies. If I were a shareholder of one of these companies. I would want them to focus on making a profit not virtue signaling.
Jack Bauer
Oh man, what am I doing to do now?

whitetrash
Jack Bauer said:

In other words, 97% of the population has no reason to change their behavior.
BearN
In the comments - This is so sad what this world has become

Jack Bauer
BearN said:

In the comments - This is so sad what this world has become

I'm offended, what about those that identify as animals?

Mammals uteruses is more inclusive.
Forest Bueller
Jack Bauer said:

Do these folks think the decision outlawed abortion? It simple set the decision making back to the states.

In California there is zero chance abortion on demand gets overturned.
ShooterTX
Jack Bauer said:

What music?
ShooterTX
ShooterTX
Forest Bueller said:

Jack Bauer said:

Do these folks think the decision outlawed abortion? It simple set the decision making back to the states.

In California there is zero chance abortion on demand gets overturned.

Looking at that crowd... you think any of them understand a word of what you just said?
These are the biggest idiots on the planet... you know... Biden voters.
ShooterTX
Jack Bauer
Golem
Jack Bauer said:

Me too. If we already ignored her music, is there anything else we can do? Perhaps we can listen to Ted Nugent's Stranglehold in her honor.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.