Russia mobilizes

195,499 Views | 4259 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by sombear
Canada2017
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

whiterock said:

Canada2017 said:

He Hate Me said:

Canada2017 said:

He Hate Me said:

Canada2017 said:

He Hate Me said:

France: Why do we need to get into a proxy war with Britain and her colonies? We don't need to antagonize the British with their massive naval fleet and far reaching power. This is a family battle. Let the colonists figure it out.
Really think the average French peasant had the slightest clue or care about the US war of Independence ?

French troops were sent by the French king and his ministers for ONE reason only.

To attack the interests of their mortal enemy.... Great Britain...... by depriving them of the economic bounty of the American colonies .
I dunno. I am not a real smart person. I just find it odd that anyone in this country is kvetching about supporting a small nation that wants to be free from an overbearing imperialist power. Especially one that has pointed nukes at us for over 60 years.
Get past the shallow propaganda that has cost the lives of hundreds of thousands of US servicemen and millions of civilians in only the past 80 years.

Out Founding Fathers constantly preached the message........the US should stay OUT of foreign wars.
Served our country well for over a century .
That ship done sailed with the development of the ICBM. We are going to be involved because we cannot afford Soviet umm Russian or Chinese expansion.
No argument .

But now take this development to its obvious conclusion .

In this age of ICBM's why would anyone expect Russia to passively accept still another country along its border to join NATO and potentially place still more nuclear weapons aimed at Russia ?

Remember ....for weeks Putin repeatedly stated Ukrainian membership into NATO was an unacceptable risk to Russian security .

Biden ignored him .

Finally Putin places 200,000 Russian troops along the Ukrainian border .

The Biden administration through our incredibly ignorant VP Harris ....went to Europe where she STILL called for Ukraine to become a NATO ally.

Biden/Harris simply miscalculated . They thought Putin was bluffing with his 200,00 troops.

Most wars start just like this ....with hubris and stupidity .

When your enemy is acting with hubris and stupidity, the last thing you do is appeas

The last thing you do is begin a proxy war with a country possessing over 4000 hydrogen bombs .

But if you are bound and determine to do it....you DON'T pick a time when your commander in chief is so old and decrepit that he literally dozes off in the middle of an interview .

When your commander in chief is so mentally impaired he publicly addresses comments to a congresswoman the rest of the world knows is already DEAD.

This situation is so dangerous, yet so obviously absurd ...it is almost funny .

Except for that little matter of potentially of vaporizing 1-3 billion people if either side blunders into further miscalculations .
I don't think many on here are disagreeing with this point. I for one agree. The only issue I see is that Russia invaded, NATO did not choose the time for these policies or the US leader. Putin did, for all the reasons you say. So, this is a reaction, or opportune move, not a planned plan that we made the choice Biden is our guy...

If Trump, DeSantis, Pompeo or Halley was President, I suspect Putin would not have moved like this against Ukraine. Your points are correct in my opinion, Biden is less than adequate for this action, but the option is do nothing for 3 years...

So far so good.

But this is the point you either simply don't believe or don't think it's relevant…….

The United States under Obama INITIATED a fundamental change in the economic, political, and military make up in Ukraine. We 'aided' the election of a president friendly toward the United States , quietly sent our military into Ukraine to 'advise' and train with their troops, and invested billions of dollars into various industries of the country .

All of which took Ukraine further out of its traditional relationship with Russia . A relationship ( good or bad ) that had existed for centuries .

The eventual goal, of course , was to make Ukraine a trading partner of the West, a military partner of the West ….a member of NATO .

This dramatic change didn't occur in a vacuum…..didn't occur by magic . The United States actively engineered the process .

And every bit of this process was detrimental to the interests of the Russia .

Inevitably Putin and Russia pushed back ……repeatedly protesting this engineering …one that had the obvious goal of Ukrainian membership into NATO.

When it became clear words were not working ….Russia supplied weapons to ethnic Russians in the eastern provinces of Ukraine and began a proxy 'civil war ' . A civil war most Americans are only dimly aware ever existed .

The US investment politically and economically in Ukraine only increased under Biden .

Upping the ante …Putin placed 200,000 troops along the Ukrainian border . Again he repeated his message that Ukrainian membership into NATO ( with its obvious nuclear implications against Russia ) was an intolerable threat to Russian security.

Our mentally impaired president and our incredibly woke administration thought Putin was bluffing and basically told him to get stuffed .

VP Harris went to Europe and called for Ukrainian membership still again .

Russia invaded shortly afterward .

Sure the perpetually stupid can maintain the blinders and simply scream ' But Putin invaded '. But anyone with eyes can see the US clearly contributed to the situation.

Now if one says ' OK , we did contribute to beginning this war but I don't give a **** . Russia DESERVES this war '.

Ok, tell me why .

Why is it in the interests of the people of the United States to pay billions of dollars toward such a war ?

Why is it worthwhile to risk WW3 ?

Pulling Ukraine out of Russia's sphere of influence wasn't important to the United States for over 80 years .

Why is it worth risking WW3 ….NOW ?

whiterock
Canada2017 said:

whiterock said:

Canada2017 said:

Remember ....for weeks Putin repeatedly stated Ukrainian membership into NATO was an unacceptable risk to Russian security .

Biden ignored him .

The Biden administration through our incredibly ignorant VP Harris ....went to Europe where she STILL called for Ukraine to become a NATO ally.

Biden/Harris simply miscalculated . They thought Putin was bluffing with his 200,00 troops.

When your enemy is acting with hubris and stupidity, the last thing you do is appeas

The last thing you do is begin a proxy war with a country possessing over 4000 hydrogen bombs .

But if you are bound and determine to do it....you DON'T pick a time when your commander in chief is so old and decrepit that he literally dozes off in the middle of an interview .

When your commander in chief is so mentally impaired he publicly addresses comments to a congresswoman the rest of the world knows is already DEAD.

Except for that little matter of potentially of vaporizing 1-3 billion people if either side blunders into further miscalculations .
Except that proxy wars in shatter zones are exactly how major powers have confronted each other for millennia. It's literally THE game. The list of proxy wars in our lifetimes is quite long. The list of such conflicts involving one or more major power in the last two centuries which did NOT involve the use of proxies is slmost non-existent. The reason is simple. When your opponent advances into the shatter zone, you use available proxies in that shatter zone to frustrate him, and if possibly defeat him. Russia does it. China does it. We do it. Even far, far weaker powers do it. It is how the game is played. It is how the game will always be played.

Within that context, the idea that this particular proxy war is any more dangerous than others is silly, and the nuclear hyperbole is merely an effort to dodge an otherwise weak argument.

Our Chief of State is indeed a doddering old man well into his senescence. That we can win proxy wars (fairly easily and inexpensively) with such elected leadership says a lot about how powerful the USA really is. Now, Putin did reason similarly to you....that Biden's deficiencies gave Russia an opportunity to move. But that has proven to be just one of several strategically fatal Russian calculations about Ukraine.

We have hydrogen bombs, too.
Russia should be a little more careful about angering us.
There is no better way of reminding them of that than ensuring they lose in Ukraine.
And we have a proxy entirely capable of inflicting that loss.
So we will.
whiterock
Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

whiterock said:

Canada2017 said:

He Hate Me said:

Canada2017 said:

He Hate Me said:

Canada2017 said:

He Hate Me said:

France: Why do we need to get into a proxy war with Britain and her colonies? We don't need to antagonize the British with their massive naval fleet and far reaching power. This is a family battle. Let the colonists figure it out.
Really think the average French peasant had the slightest clue or care about the US war of Independence ?

French troops were sent by the French king and his ministers for ONE reason only.

To attack the interests of their mortal enemy.... Great Britain...... by depriving them of the economic bounty of the American colonies .
I dunno. I am not a real smart person. I just find it odd that anyone in this country is kvetching about supporting a small nation that wants to be free from an overbearing imperialist power. Especially one that has pointed nukes at us for over 60 years.
Get past the shallow propaganda that has cost the lives of hundreds of thousands of US servicemen and millions of civilians in only the past 80 years.

Out Founding Fathers constantly preached the message........the US should stay OUT of foreign wars.
That ship done sailed with the development of the ICBM. We are going to be involved because we cannot afford Soviet umm Russian or Chinese expansion.
No argument .

In this age of ICBM's why would anyone expect Russia to passively accept still another country along its border to join NATO and potentially place still more nuclear weapons aimed at Russia ?

Biden ignored him .

I don't think many on here are disagreeing with this point. I for one agree. The only issue I see is that Russia invaded, NATO did not choose the time for these policies or the US leader. Putin did, for all the reasons you say. So, this is a reaction, or opportune move, not a planned plan that we made the choice Biden is our guy...

If Trump, DeSantis, Pompeo or Halley was President, I suspect Putin would not have moved like this against Ukraine. Your points are correct in my opinion, Biden is less than adequate for this action, but the option is do nothing for 3 years...

So far so good.

But this is the point you either simply don't believe or don't think it's relevant…….

The United States under Obama INITIATED a fundamental change in the economic, political, and military make up in Ukraine. We 'aided' the election of a president friendly toward the United States , quietly sent our military into Ukraine to 'advise' and train with their troops, and invested billions of dollars into various industries of the country .

All of which took Ukraine further out of its traditional relationship with Russia . A relationship ( good or bad ) that had existed for centuries .

The eventual goal, of course , was to make Ukraine a trading partner of the West, a military partner of the West ….a member of NATO .

This dramatic change didn't occur in a vacuum…..didn't occur by magic . The United States actively engineered the process .

Inevitably Putin and Russia pushed back ……repeatedly protesting this engineering …one that had the obvious goal of Ukrainian membership into NATO.

When it became clear words were not working ….Russia supplied weapons to ethnic Russians in the eastern provinces of Ukraine and began a proxy 'civil war ' . A civil war most Americans are only dimly aware ever existed .

The US investment politically and economically in Ukraine only increased under Biden .

Upping the ante …Putin placed 200,000 troops along the Ukrainian border . Again he repeated his message that Ukrainian membership into NATO ( with its obvious nuclear implications against Russia ) was an intolerable threat to Russian security.

Our mentally impaired president and our incredibly woke administration thought Putin was bluffing and basically told him to get stuffed .

Sure the perpetually stupid can maintain the blinders and simply scream ' But Putin invaded '. But anyone with eyes can see the US clearly contributed to the situation.

Now if one says ' OK , we did contribute to beginning this war but I don't give a **** . Russia DESERVES this war '.

Ok, tell me why .

Why is it in the interests of the people of the United States to pay billions of dollars toward such a war ?

Pulling Ukraine out of Russia's sphere of influence wasn't important to the United States for over 80 years .

Elevating the hyperbole to help your argument presumes there is a plausible scenario where Russia improves its situation by dragging all of NATO into the conflict.

What is that scenario?
How does Russia improve it's current situation by dragging NATO into the conflict?
FLBear5630
Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

whiterock said:

Canada2017 said:

He Hate Me said:

Canada2017 said:

He Hate Me said:

Canada2017 said:

He Hate Me said:

No argument .

Biden ignored him .

So far so good.

Ok, tell me why .

Where we differ I don't disagree with the outcomes you mention. I just have a hard time with the organized, planned and engineered part. My experience does not indicate that any elected's have that much forethought or ability to pull it off! Too much credit to their capabilities of thinking beyond the next election!

I keep coming back to the same point, Russia rolled the tanks. The US and NATO did not degrade Russia with the status quo.

Actually, Russia was in a position to be more profitable with oil sales and Russia is ripe for investment, east of the Urals is full of resources. Russia was making in-roads into a Western Economy than abandoned it. I know there was corruption, but that is a phase every former totalitarian state seems to experience. This move by Putin does not make sense economically. If they were moving closer to a Chinese Communist form, I could even see that more than this. Russia, even under Putin, could have been in a position to be a Superpower again. But Putin seemed to take every action to not achieve it. It seems to me, that the Ukraine move set it back even further...
Canada2017
RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

whiterock said:

Canada2017 said:

He Hate Me said:

Canada2017 said:

He Hate Me said:

Canada2017 said:

He Hate Me said:

No argument .

Biden ignored him .

So far so good.

Ok, tell me why .

Where we differ I don't disagree with the outcomes you mention. I just have a hard time with the organized, planned and engineered part. My experience does not indicate that any elected's have that much forethought or ability to pull it off! Too much credit to their capabilities of thinking beyond the next election!

I keep coming back to the same point, Russia rolled the tanks. The US and NATO did not degrade Russia with the status quo.

A. Of course we have engineered this transformation in Ukraine . Why else do we have bio labs in Ukraine , why has our military been TRAINING in Ukraine ? Why do you think Dems attempted to impeach Trump over a PHONE CALL to Ukraine ? Not only have we been investing in Ukraine , but a huge amount of money laundering between US and Ukraine has been ongoing .

B. Of course we degraded Russia's status quo with Ukraine . You don't supply election funds, military advisors, and billions of dollars of investments without significantly affecting prior long term relationships. Good grief man...Putin had been complaining for YEARS what the West was doing in Ukraine .

The biggest question to me ......is why NOW ? Why are we spending BILLIONS of dollars the US simply doesn't possess and risking the lives of so many people to alter a geo political reality that has existed for centuries .

Canada2017
whiterock said:

Canada2017 said:

whiterock said:

Canada2017 said:

Biden ignored him .

Except that proxy wars in shatter zones are exactly how major powers have confronted each other for millennia. It's literally THE game. The list of proxy wars in our lifetimes is quite long. The list of such conflicts involving one or more major power in the last two centuries which did NOT involve the use of proxies is slmost non-existent. The reason is simple. When your opponent advances into the shatter zone, you use available proxies in that shatter zone to frustrate him, and if possibly defeat him. Russia does it. China does it. We do it. Even far, far weaker powers do it. It is how the game is played. It is how the game will always be played.

Within that context, the idea that this particular proxy war is any more dangerous than others is silly, and the nuclear hyperbole is merely an effort to dodge an otherwise weak argument.

Our Chief of State is indeed a doddering old man well into his senescence. That we can win proxy wars (fairly easily and inexpensively) with such elected leadership says a lot about how powerful the USA really is. Now, Putin did reason similarly to you....that Biden's deficiencies gave Russia an opportunity to move. But that has proven to be just one of several strategically fatal Russian calculations about Ukraine.

There is no better way of reminding them of that than ensuring they lose in Ukraine.
So we will.

Actually respect your honesty here.

You think its all a game .....somehow a worthwhile game where thousands of people get killed, millions more have their lives totally disrupted and have to flee to other countries .....and billions of dollars are wasted.

You think somehow we are going to 'win' this 'game'. Guess what .........the thousands of dead Ukrainian men, women and children are NEVER going to 'win'. Really think their surviving family members appreciate this 'game' ?

The obvious fact that the US lost trillions of dollars playing your 'game' in Korea , Vietnam , Iraq, and a host of other wars doesn't make any impression on you . Because ( let's be honest ) you think you're totally insulated from the violence and none of this BS will ever directly affect you .

Well guess what buddy .

When your commander in chief is so old and brain damaged that he can't even stay awake or speak in coherent sentences ....that in itself is a huge game changer .

And both WW1 and WW2 began step by step ......in eerily similar manners to this *****

And for what ?

So the elites can play their 'game' safely far away from the carnage that is killing their minions .

But THIS time......we are all at risk.

That you think its impossible for further miscalculations ....with this idiot of a president involved.......is mind blowing .

FLBear5630
Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

whiterock said:

Canada2017 said:

He Hate Me said:

Canada2017 said:

He Hate Me said:

Canada2017 said:

He Hate Me said:

No argument .

Biden ignored him .

So far so good.

Ok, tell me why .

A. Of course we have engineered this transformation in Ukraine . Why else do we have bio labs in Ukraine , why has our military been TRAINING in Ukraine ? Why do you think Dems attempted to impeach Trump over a PHONE CALL to Ukraine ? Not only have we been investing in Ukraine , but a huge amount of money laundering between US and Ukraine has been ongoing .

B. Of course we degraded Russia's status quo with Ukraine . You don't supply election funds, military advisors, and billions of dollars of investments without significantly affecting prior long term relationships. Good grief man...Putin had been complaining for YEARS what the West was doing in Ukraine .

The biggest question to me ......is why NOW ? Why are we spending BILLIONS of dollars the US simply doesn't possess and risking the lives of so many people to alter a geo political reality that has existed for centuries .

You do seem to like conspiracy theories. I joke that I am always looking for the ulterior motive and wear a tinfoil hat, but these are even too far a leap for me.

We have been working with Ukraine for 30 years. Russia was part of it at the start. Russia signed off on all of it. Now, Putin decides he doesn't like it and is pissed. What went down and what you describe are two very different things. Even the biolabs (all Ukrainian owned and operated) have been public knowledge for 30 years and Russia was good with it. So, why the facts you state are accurate, the context and the relationship is not as clandestine and covert as you make it seem.
Canada2017
RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

whiterock said:

Canada2017 said:

He Hate Me said:

Canada2017 said:

He Hate Me said:

Canada2017 said:

He Hate Me said:

No argument .

Biden ignored him .

So far so good.

Ok, tell me why .

You do seem to like conspiracy theories. I joke that I am always looking for the ulterior motive and wear a tinfoil hat, but these are even too far a leap for me.

We have been working with Ukraine for 30 years. Russia was part of it at the start. Russia signed off on all of it. Now, Putin decides he doesn't like it and is pissed. What went down and what you describe are two very different things. Even the biolabs (all Ukrainian owned and operated) have been public knowledge for 30 years and Russia was good with it. So, why the facts you state are accurate, the context and the relationship is not as clandestine and covert as you make it seem.
Then just blame Putin for everything .

It's the simplistic American way .
ATL Bear
Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

whiterock said:

Canada2017 said:

He Hate Me said:

Canada2017 said:

He Hate Me said:

Canada2017 said:

He Hate Me said:

No argument .

Biden ignored him .

So far so good.

Ok, tell me why .

There is so much wrong with this perspective. It's as if the history of Ukraine started with a narrative (not even facts) built on a revisionist perspective starting in 2014. But so much of it is pre-2014 and the transition to an independent state. Something that the Ukrainian government actually first voted on in 1991 while still part of the Soviet Union, and we didn't want! (Check Bush I and "chicken Kiev"). In fact the discord with Ukraine and Russia wasn't even over NATO, it was primarily over joining the EU. Ukraine and Russia were part of the same NATO peace partnership and would do joint exercises with the US and NATO allies. NATO eventually kicked out Russia as they kept invading satellites, especially when they took Crimea. Which was followed by the Donbas initiated rebellion, etc.

I mean do you understand that the protests that led to "Russia's man" first to kill a bunch of protesters, and then eventually flee was over expanding EU economic ties and membership, something Yanukovych originally supported ironically.

From the hardline coup on Gorbachev which happened 6 days after Ukraine decided to go independent, through the poisoning of Yushchenko, to the invasion of Crimea, to rebellion in Donbas, and on and on, Russia has been fighting to get Ukraine back, not as a "sphere of influence", but an actual part of Russia. This is Putin's version of manifest destiny, which you seem to support and parrot his little manifesto of recent about Western conspiracies. Meanwhile Ukraine has been for decades trying to get away from having to rely on the crappy Russian economy and expand to Europe and the West.

I'm okay with arguments against foreign entanglement even if I disagree. But this "America did this" BS is getting old. You can disagree with our responses to the circumstances but stop blaming us for the circumstances, or at least try to be objective by mentioning the EU and Ukrainian people, the latter who have been trying to drive away from Russia for over 30 years.
trey3216
Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

whiterock said:

Canada2017 said:

He Hate Me said:

Canada2017 said:

He Hate Me said:

Canada2017 said:

He Hate Me said:

No argument .

Biden ignored him .

So far so good.

Ok, tell me why .

Russia tried to kill a Ukrainian presidential candidate by poisoning him. Then they invaded and took Crimea in 2014 due to a huge blunder on the part of the Obama admin.

In response, the US has had military folks on the ground training the Ukrainian army for the last 8 years knowing full well that Putin would eventually do what he did in February 24, 2022....Fully invade Ukraine with the intent of overthrowing and taking over the entire nation.

The US/European trained Ukrainian troops fought hard, and didn't lose the battle early on like so many thought they would, therefore the countries that trained them decided it was worthwhile to give them more conventional weapons to wreak havoc on the Russian military, and make them pay for their blunder.

Not only have they wreaked havoc, they have absolutely eviscerated the Russian military capability. Showing on the world stage that buying weapons from Russia is absolutely not in your best interest. Better defend yourself with US or NATO country weapons, or your tech is so far behind that you will not fare well.

This was policy under Obama after '14. It was policy under Trump for 4 years, and has been policy under Biden. Training the Ukrainians to defend themselves, and work with them to fulfill their desire to exit from Russian orbit to Euro/Western orbit.

Why/How you continually White Knight Russia in this situation, as if it isn't their plundering/interfering/conquesting/assimilation desires, and has been for a long time, that caused this event is completely and utterly mind-boggling.

You try to roll the dice and hit 2 every time while failing to realize it's a 1/36 outcome, ignoring the other 35....and you do it over and over again. It's a stubborn and truly ignorant view of the situation at hand.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Canada2017
ATL Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

whiterock said:

Canada2017 said:

He Hate Me said:

Canada2017 said:

He Hate Me said:

Canada2017 said:

He Hate Me said:

No argument .

Biden ignored him .

So far so good.

Ok, tell me why .

There is so much wrong with this perspective. It's as if the history of Ukraine started with a narrative (not even facts) built on a revisionist perspective starting in 2014. But so much of it is pre-2014 and the transition to an independent state. Something that the Ukrainian government actually first voted on in 1991 while still part of the Soviet Union, and we didn't want! (Check Bush I and "chicken Kiev"). In fact the discord with Ukraine and Russia wasn't even over NATO, it was primarily over joining the EU. Ukraine and Russia were part of the same NATO peace partnership and would do joint exercises with the US and NATO allies. NATO eventually kicked out Russia as they kept invading satellites, especially when they took Crimea. Which was followed by the Donbas initiated rebellion, etc.

I mean do you understand that the protests that led to "Russia's man" first to kill a bunch of protesters, and then eventually flee was over expanding EU economic ties and membership, something Yanukovych originally supported ironically.

From the hardline coup on Gorbachev which happened 6 days after Ukraine decided to go independent, through the poisoning of Yushchenko, to the invasion of Crimea, to rebellion in Donbas, and on and on, Russia has been fighting to get Ukraine back, not as a "sphere on influence", but an actual part of Russia. This is Putin's version of manifest destiny, which you seem to support and parrot his little manifesto of recent about Western conspiracies. Meanwhile Ukraine has been for decades trying to get away from having to rely on the crappy Russian economy and expand to Europe and the West.

I'm okay with arguments against foreign entanglement even if I disagree. But this "America did this" BS is getting old. You can disagree with our responses to the circumstances but stop blaming us for the circumstances, or at least try to be objective by mentioning the EU and Ukrainian people, the latter who have been trying to drive away from Russia for over 30 years.
Merely attempting to get people to consider ..... is US complicity in the events leading up to Russia's invasion of Ukraine .

Of the incredibly stupid and reckless choices of the oldest president in US history .

The only 'out' I can see from this war.......is regime change in Russia .

Cause Putin knows he has to 'win' or he will be deposed and likely executed .

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Biden and his family are going to win this war either way. Biden is owned by Ukraine and Russia. It is what it is.

But Orange Man bad!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Canada2017
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Biden and his family are going to win this war either way. Biden is owned by Ukraine and Russia. It is what it is.

But Orange Man bad!
81 million votes for a man who is obviously suffering from dementia .

Future historians are going to have a field day with this bit of fantasy .
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Canada2017 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

But Orange Man bad!
81 million votes for a man who is obviously suffering from dementia .

Future historians are going to have a field day with this bit of fantasy .
Trump rallies attracted tens of thousands. Biden rallies attracted flies.

-- Barack Obama
ATL Bear
Canada2017 said:

ATL Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

whiterock said:

Canada2017 said:

He Hate Me said:

Canada2017 said:

He Hate Me said:

Canada2017 said:

He Hate Me said:

No argument .

Biden ignored him .

So far so good.

Ok, tell me why .

From the hardline coup on Gorbachev which happened 6 days after Ukraine decided to go independent, through the poisoning of Yushchenko, to the invasion of Crimea, to rebellion in Donbas, and on and on, Russia has been fighting to get Ukraine back, not as a "sphere on influence", but an actual part of Russia. This is Putin's version of manifest destiny, which you seem to support and parrot his little manifesto of recent about Western conspiracies. Meanwhile Ukraine has been for decades trying to get away from having to rely on the crappy Russian economy and expand to Europe and the West.

Merely attempting to get people to consider ..... is US complicity in the events leading up to Russia's invasion of Ukraine .

Of the incredibly stupid and reckless choices of the oldest president in US history .

The only 'out' I can see from this war.......is regime change in Russia .

Cause Putin knows he has to 'win' or he will be deposed and likely executed .

The boulder was already rolling downhill and wasn't going to be stopped. Your question as to whether we waived it bye versus trying to reach a hand out to slow is legitimate. I think we end up here regardless, and yes unfortunately now with a doddering old man at the helm.
HuMcK
Think I've seen maybe 2 Abbott bumper stickers this cycle, compared to dozens for Beto. Beto is out there drawing standing room only crowds for his rallies, while Abbott isn't even doing any. Will you assume the election is rigged when Beto loses, or is it only races where a Dem wins that you assume cheating?
whiterock
Canada2017 said:

whiterock said:

Canada2017 said:

whiterock said:

Canada2017 said:

There are an awful lot of miscalculations that have to be made to get from today to thermonuclear war.

But, as I've said. You have made a few prescient points.

https://babylonbee.com/news/man-pretending-to-be-woman-visits-man-pretending-to-be-president?utm_source=The%20Babylon%20Bee%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email

Biden ignored him .

So we will.

You think its all a game .....somehow a worthwhile game where thousands of people get killed, millions more have their lives totally disrupted and have to flee to other countries .....and billions of dollars are wasted.

You think somehow we are going to 'win' this 'game'. Guess what .........the thousands of dead Ukrainian men, women and children are NEVER going to 'win'. Really think their surviving family members appreciate this 'game' ?

The obvious fact that the US lost trillions of dollars playing your 'game' in Korea , Vietnam , Iraq, and a host of other wars doesn't make any impression on you . Because ( let's be honest ) you think you're totally insulated from the violence and none of this BS will ever directly affect you .

Well guess what buddy .

When your commander in chief is so old and brain damaged that he can't even stay awake or speak in coherent sentences ....that in itself is a huge game changer .

And both WW1 and WW2 began step by step ......in eerily similar manners to this *****

And for what ?

So the elites can play their 'game' safely far away from the carnage that is killing their minions .

That you think its impossible for further miscalculations ....with this idiot of a president involved.......is mind blowing .

whiterock
whiterock said:

Canada2017 said:

whiterock said:

Canada2017 said:

whiterock said:

Canada2017 said:

There are an awful lot of miscalculations that have to be made to get from today to thermonuclear war.

https://babylonbee.com/news/man-pretending-to-be-woman-visits-man-pretending-to-be-president?utm_source=The%20Babylon%20Bee%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email

Biden ignored him .

So we will.

Well guess what buddy .

And for what ?

Canada2017
whiterock said:

whiterock said:

Canada2017 said:

whiterock said:

Canada2017 said:

whiterock said:

Canada2017 said:

Biden ignored him .

So we will.

Well guess what buddy .

And for what ?

Agreed

But for thousands of families the impact of earlier miscalculations are already permanent .

Now the world waits to see who screws up next .

An evil ex KGB agent ......comfortable with killing anyone who gets in his way .

Or a 79 year old career racketeer...... suffering from dementia .

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
HuMcK said:

Think I've seen maybe 2 Abbott bumper stickers this cycle, compared to dozens for Beto. Beto is out there drawing standing room only crowds for his rallies, while Abbott isn't even doing any. Will you assume the election is rigged when Beto loses, or is it only races where a Dem wins that you assume cheating?
Barack Obama - 69 million votes

Joe Biden - 81 million votes

Ummmmmm.........No. Did not happen.

Even though my vote no longer counts for jack squat, I am going to vote anyway.

Beto wants to take away Texans' guns. He is on record saying so. He is toast.

-- Barack Obama
FLBear5630
Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

whiterock said:

Canada2017 said:

He Hate Me said:

Canada2017 said:

He Hate Me said:

Canada2017 said:

He Hate Me said:

No argument .

Biden ignored him .

So far so good.

Ok, tell me why .

You are defending Putin and Russia? That is a tough sell. That's a bold strategy, Cotton... Let's see if it pay's off...
LIB,MR BEARS
Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

trey3216 said:

Sam Lowry said:

For almost all of those 220 years, Ukraine has been under Russian rule in some form or another. Now suddenly it's a crisis.
And they've desired not be for pretty much all of it.
Exactly...nothing new.
So Sam. Does Ukraine's desire to be free of Russia count in this at all? Do they have any say? Or, because you and others believe they have been in the Russian "sphere of influence" for 220 years, their die is cast.
Most of Ukraine desires peace and would benefit from our cooperation in a negotiated settlement. They accept our weapons instead because that's all we're willing to give.
snd you know this how? We're you in the meetings?
Sam Lowry
whiterock said:

whiterock said:

Canada2017 said:

whiterock said:

Canada2017 said:

whiterock said:

Canada2017 said:

Biden ignored him .

So we will.

Well guess what buddy .

And for what ?

Which is why it's alarming to see so many questionable or downright false assumptions in the pro-war argument.
Canada2017
RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

whiterock said:

Canada2017 said:

He Hate Me said:

Canada2017 said:

He Hate Me said:

Canada2017 said:

He Hate Me said:

No argument .

Biden ignored him .

So far so good.

Ok, tell me why .

You are defending Putin and Russia? That is a tough sell.
Absurd comment .

I am not remotely defending Putin or Russia .

You simply can't absorb anything more than simplistic answers to complex realities .
Sam Lowry
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

trey3216 said:

Sam Lowry said:

For almost all of those 220 years, Ukraine has been under Russian rule in some form or another. Now suddenly it's a crisis.
Exactly...nothing new.
So Sam. Does Ukraine's desire to be free of Russia count in this at all? Do they have any say? Or, because you and others believe they have been in the Russian "sphere of influence" for 220 years, their die is cast.
Most of Ukraine desires peace and would benefit from our cooperation in a negotiated settlement. They accept our weapons instead because that's all we're willing to give.
I know it because Zelensky won a landslide on the promise to make a deal with Russia. He was unable because of right-wing extremists who threatened him and escalated the civil war with our support.
FLBear5630
Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

whiterock said:

Canada2017 said:

He Hate Me said:

Canada2017 said:

He Hate Me said:

Canada2017 said:

He Hate Me said:

No argument .

Biden ignored him .

So far so good.

Ok, tell me why .

You are defending Putin and Russia? That is a tough sell.
Absurd comment .

I am not remotely defending Putin or Russia .

You simply can't absorb anything more than simplistic answers to complex realities .
Come on, you didn't see the Witty comment denoting I was giving you a hard time?

How about that, a little Putin humor...
LIB,MR BEARS
Sam Lowry said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

trey3216 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Exactly...nothing new.
I know it because Zelensky won a landslide on the promise to make a deal with Russia. He was unable because of right-wing extremists who threatened him and escalated the civil war with our support.
Do you think the invasion may have changed the calculus?
Bear8084
Sam Lowry said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

trey3216 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Exactly...nothing new.

An invasion isn't a civil war. Never was.
Sam Lowry
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Sam Lowry said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

trey3216 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Exactly...nothing new.
Our support may have given them the false hope that they can drive Russia out. But their government was still at the table at least until we scuttled the deal.
Bear8084
Sam Lowry said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Sam Lowry said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

trey3216 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Exactly...nothing new.
Our support may have given them the false hope that they can drive Russia out. But their government was still at the table at least until we scuttled the deal.

Nope. Pushing them out of Kiev and Bucha atrocities did that.
Sam Lowry
Bear8084 said:

Sam Lowry said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

trey3216 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Exactly...nothing new.

There was already a civil war before the invasion.
Bear8084
Sam Lowry said:

Bear8084 said:

Sam Lowry said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

trey3216 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Exactly...nothing new.

There was not. Invasion started in 2014. Those were Russian units and Russian led "separatists". The DNR and LNR are Russian puppets. Always have been.
Sam Lowry
Bear8084 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Bear8084 said:

Sam Lowry said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

trey3216 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Exactly...nothing new.

There was not. Invasion started in 2014. Those were Russian units and Russian led "separatists". The DNR and LNR are Russian puppets. Always have been.
Thanks, but I'll stick with the standard definitions.
Bear8084
Sam Lowry said:

Bear8084 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Bear8084 said:

Sam Lowry said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

trey3216 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Exactly...nothing new.

Those are.
Sam Lowry
Bear8084 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Bear8084 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Bear8084 said:

Sam Lowry said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Sam Lowry said:

trey3216 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Exactly...nothing new.

Those are.
Only if you think the US "invaded" Ukraine around the same time.
First Page Last Page
Page 36 of 122

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.