Russia mobilizes

194,895 Views | 4259 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by sombear
FLBear5630
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

whiterock said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

whiterock said:

Canada2017 said:

Golem said:

whiterock said:

Doc Holliday said:

whiterock said:

Doc Holliday said:

trey3216 said:

Bear8084 said:

Speaking of Russian propaganda....
no joke. Greenwold, Tucker, and several others have actually done interviews with and defended the completely controlled russian media. They aren't even remotely appreciable on this issue.
How is Greenwalds'stweet literally quoting Jefferey Goldberg's comments to the Atlantic a defense of Russian media?

We got hoodwinked into the Iraq war for bogus reasons and burned through nearly $8trillion and lost a war because of US intelligence. You have to be a complete fool to just obey all liberal media and the intelligence community.

Why are you guys not skeptical?
generally speaking, when someone else is willing to send their sons & daughters to fight your enemy to the death, you help their sons & daughters fight & die in order to prevent having to send your own sons & daughters to fight & die, the only caveat being not to be so cavalier about doing it that you get drawn directly into the conflict.

And also generally speaking, the mightiest powers on the planet have considerably broader latitude to do that than lesser powers, just because, generally speaking no on wants to provoke the mightiest powers.

We should send arms & ammunition to help defend UKR right down to the last Ukrainian.
We're gonna spend trillions of dollars on this war.

If that prevents us from spending trillions on climate initiatives to save the planet, I'm all for it.

The strongest rationale for doing what we are doing in UKR is that it's far, far cheaper and far, far safer for our kids and grandkids, than having to fight Russia directly on NATO soil over the future of NATO territories.

This is just the first phase of WWIII, boys. If we win it now, there won't be anymore phases.
There will always be more phases. As long as there are authoritarian leftists, there will always be war.

Exactly

Indeed. Which is why when an adversary affords you the opportunity, crush him. Destroy his armies and navies. Force him to withdraw and spend many years and billions to rebuild. Sometimes, those mighty nations never rebuild. Because they are past prime.

See Phillip II, 1588
See Mehmet IV 1683

Russia is, demographically and economically and militarily, way past prime. A loss here, to lowly Ukraine, permanently alters the course of Russian history, in a way that permanent benefits all of Europe. We get to do it on someone else's soil, with someone else's soldiers, and they are eager to do it. All we have to do is supply the arms and training. Enormously beneficial risk-return equation.

Russia is going to lose this war. The quicker we get on with making it happen, the quicker the dying stops.

Even if Russia ultimately wins this war, they have been proven to be no match for NATO weaponry.

The longer term threat, should Ukr fall into the Russian orbit, ala Belarus, is not outright invasion. It's political destabilization. With Russia (et al) next door, what happens when a pro-Russian party wins national elections? What happens when that party takes power and starts jonesing about leaving NATO, or just posing opposition to everything Nato tries to do? Look how agitated people get when Hungary advises caution on the current crisis. What will happen when a Poland (or other) starts making Orbsn look like a hawk?

It is error to think we have no stake in Ukr.
We are defending NATO right now.
In Ukraine.

I don't disagree. But they have shown themselves to be much weaker than NATO thought. It's going to cost them a great deal of capital to get to where they thought they were.

FBI counter-intelligence better beef up, Russia about to go all out Chinese to steal tech... .

DOJ and FBI have far more important priorities established .

Houses of political opponents.
Pillow salesmen.
Pro life advocates who dare protect their 12 year old children .

Dangerous clown world .

Damn Canada, we are either lock step.or 180 opposite, no in between!

Agree 100%
Doc Holliday
I highly doubt Russia blew up their own line.

Wrecks Quan Dough
Doc Holliday said:

Am I to believe that the United States is now sabotaging Germany?
Bear8084
He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

Well a pro-Assad Twitter person says so....
trey3216
Doc Holliday said:

a 1km 'leak' sounds a lot like Russian technology failure as evidenced in their useless war.

Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Doc Holliday
He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

I mean Biden himself said we'd be able to...
Quote:

Biden: "If Russia invades...then there will be no longer a Nord Stream 2."

Reporter: "But how will you do that, it's in germany's control?"

Biden: "I promise you, we will be able to do that."
Wrecks Quan Dough
Doc Holliday said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

Biden shot off his mouth. Not everything the man says is true. He just loves to pop off.
Doc Holliday
He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

Biden shot off his mouth. Not everything the man says is true. He just loves to pop off.
Oh yeah Russia is the sole boogeyman and western countries are never corrupt...

Everyone's hands are dirty. We gotta stop buying into the this black and white bs. Be skeptical of everyone.
trey3216
Doc Holliday said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

He also said gas being down 25% over the past 3 months is like a tax break. The man is 'special'
Wrecks Quan Dough
Doc Holliday said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

Everyone's hands are dirty. We gotta stop buying into the this black and white bs. Be skeptical of everyone.
I don't blame Russia. I do not think there is enough information to blame anyone at this point.
FLBear5630
He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

I don't blame Russia. I do not think there is enough information to blame anyone at this point.

To a point. Russia invaded Crimea and ultimately Ukraine. No excuse when you invade a sovereign nation. Especially to annex into your Nation. This isn't looking to set Ukraine up as an independent nation.

Say what you will, but at least the goal of the US actions is to leave democratic functional Nations.
Doc Holliday
ATL Bear
Doc Holliday said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

You gotta pick a side and quit shilling for Putin. You don't want Russia to be an enemy. They are. We'll do things in our interest and they'll do things in theirs. Corruption doesn't have much to do with it.
Wrecks Quan Dough
RMF5630 said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

To a point. Russia invaded Crimea and ultimately Ukraine. No excuse when you invade a sovereign nation. Especially to annex into your Nation. This isn't looking to set Ukraine up as an independent nation.

Say what you will, but at least the goal of the US actions is to leave democratic functional Nations.

I was talking about the pipeline damage.
Doc Holliday
ATL Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

You gotta pick a side and quit shilling for Putin. You don't want Russia to be an enemy. They are. We'll do things in our interest and they'll do things in theirs. Corruption doesn't have much to do with it.
I'm not shilling for Putin, just trying to be realistic about motivations for escalating war. If Russia captured Ukraine...they're not going to go after the west. That's a total bull**** fear mongering take. That they did attack Ukraine can be blamed on the west not accepting Ukraine into NATO and the weakness of the Biden admin and US bureaucracy. We had our chances.
ATL Bear
Doc Holliday said:

ATL Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

I'm not shilling for Putin, just trying to be realistic about motivations for escalating war. If Russia captured Ukraine...they're not going to go after the west. That's a total bull**** fear mongering take.

I'd like to avoid WW3, but the more we help Ukraine, the more we push towards nuclear conflict and we'll outright destroy the world as we know it.

Do you guys want to drop a few trillion $$ of taxpayer dollars on this? The world might completley destabilize and more people might die in the process of saving Ukraine than if Russia just took them over and we accepted that we're reaping what we sewed by not including Ukraine in NATO.
You're shilling for Putin by assuming he's in a power position to do anything you think he's capable of, and that stopping his expansion into Europe isn't of interest to the US. Is it boots on the ground, head to head battle worthy? No. Is it bleed him out and let him destroy himself worthy? Probably.

You want to talk bull**** fear mongering? Nuclear attack. First, as I mentioned earlier, it isn't some red button on Putin's desk he just has to wake up and decide to use. It's got command and control, and you'd have to believe Putin has the loyalty of his highest military commanders to participate in the destruction of themselves and their country. But second and most importantly, he won't use it because he has leveraged and undermined Russia to the Chinese. You think the Chinese are going to allow a nuclear war? Russia is following the same debt trap strategy China uses in Africa. And even China is starting to not be thrilled with how this is dragging on and has become vocal about some of Russia's escalation decisions.

The same concerns you're expressing were there 4 months ago. But since then, still only Russians and Ukranians are dying, and Russia's military continues to suffer setbacks. Follow the outcomes not the rhetoric.
Doc Holliday
ATL Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

ATL Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

I'm not shilling for Putin, just trying to be realistic about motivations for escalating war. If Russia captured Ukraine...they're not going to go after the west. That's a total bull**** fear mongering take.

I'd like to avoid WW3, but the more we help Ukraine, the more we push towards nuclear conflict and we'll outright destroy the world as we know it.

Do you guys want to drop a few trillion $$ of taxpayer dollars on this? The world might completley destabilize and more people might die in the process of saving Ukraine than if Russia just took them over and we accepted that we're reaping what we sewed by not including Ukraine in NATO.
You're shilling for Putin by assuming he's in a power position to do anything you think he's capable of, and that stopping his expansion into Europe isn't of interest to the US. Is it boots on the ground, head to head battle worthy? No. Is it bleed him out and let him destroy himself worthy? Probably.

You want to talk bull**** fear mongering? Nuclear attack. First, as I mentioned earlier, it isn't some red button on Putin's desk he just has to wake up and decide to use. It's got command and control, and you'd have to believe Putin has the loyalty of his highest military commanders to participate in the destruction of themselves and their country. But second and most importantly, he won't use it because he has leveraged and undermined Russia to the Chinese. You think the Chinese are going to allow a nuclear war? Russia is following the same debt trap strategy China uses in Africa. And even China is starting to not be thrilled with how this is dragging on and has become vocal about some of Russia's escalation decisions.

The same concerns you're expressing were there 4 months ago. But since then, still only Russians and Ukranians are dying, and Russia's military continues to suffer setbacks. Follow the outcomes not the rhetoric.

Are we gonna find out in 10 years that this war is about which oligarchs get to sell gas to the EU?

Is it really about dollar hegemony and preventing the "world island" from becoming more dominant than the "world ocean"?

What's really going on here?

After the war on terror, you should be skeptical.
Redbrickbear
He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

ATL Bear
Doc Holliday said:

ATL Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

ATL Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

Are we gonna find out in 10 years that this war is about which oligarchs get to sell gas to the EU?

Is it really about dollar hegemony and preventing the "world island" from becoming more dominant than the "world ocean"?

Maybe we'll find out in 10 years that Russia and the US can actually be allies and maybe two less bullies on the block going at each other hard.

And I understood the war on terror, including its incredible gaffes. It's the Arab Spring that was the real head scratcher.
trey3216
Doc Holliday said:

ATL Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

ATL Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

"Some bot on twitter says it, so it must be true! "

-Doc
trey3216
Redbrickbear said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

SO when is The Atlantic fake news and when is it real news?
Doc Holliday
trey3216 said:

Doc Holliday said:

ATL Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

ATL Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

-Doc
That's not a bot, that's a member of the EU parliament.

I don't know if he's lying or not. What I do know is I don't who to believe.
Redbrickbear
Interesting to note that the USA kept ultimate censorship rights to German media until German reunification in the 1990s.

We could (and did) literally prevent them from putting things into their free press. Engaging in the censorship of millions of people in a nation state that was (at least on paper) sovereign.

And we even refused to end the war officially. In 1950 at the Petersburg agreement we would still not formally end the status of War with Germany. Even though they kept asking us.

[The treaty stated that for practical reasons the state of war with Germany could not be ended as requested by the Germans. According to the press, the state of war was maintained because "the U.S. wants to retain a legal basis for keeping a U.S. force in Western Germany"]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petersberg_Agreement

We have a 70 year history of not treating the German State as truly an independent and sovereign state.
Doc Holliday
What do you think happened with the Nordstream pipelines?

A: Russia sabotaged them
B: The USA sabotaged them
C. Some other nation or group sabotaged them
D. Miraculously it wasn't sabotage

Russia could just quit delivering gas any time they wanted without needing to blow anything up. Likewise, the EU can just quit buying gas if they decided it's better to freeze. So what happened here?

The chances of the EU agreeing a peace agreement very unlikely now that there is no gas.
trey3216
Doc Holliday said:

trey3216 said:

Doc Holliday said:

ATL Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

ATL Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

-Doc
That's not a bot, that's a member of the EU parliament.

I don't know if he's lying or not. What I do know is I don't who to believe.
So he posts what very well could be a snide, joking remark and you post it as if it's truth. ANd we're to accept it because he's a member of EU's parliament and his wife works for The Atlantic, which according to you and many on here (and I happen to also believe at times) is a fake news outlet because it puts down thoughts you believe in earnestly.

That's my whole point.
trey3216
Doc Holliday said:

Russia could just quit delivering gas any time they wanted without needing to blow anything up. Likewise, the EU can just quit buying gas if they decided it's better to freeze. So what happened here?

The chances of the EU agreeing a peace agreement very unlikely now that there is no gas.
Have you watched any of this war unfold and seen the "glories of Russian technology" perform? It's absolutely within the realm of reality for Russian equipment and engineering to fail at any juncture. Consider the grift and looting done to their military by the oligarchs... You think the same wasn't being done on pipelines they controlled?
Bear8084
https://www.yahoo.com/news/putin-could-carried-nord-stream-194510005.html

Some info of what could have happened. Though I like the leading pic they choose to go with. Made me chuckle a bit.

Doc Holliday
trey3216 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Have you watched any of this war unfold and seen the "glories of Russian technology" perform? It's absolutely within the realm of reality for Russian equipment and engineering to fail at any juncture. Consider the grift and looting done to their military by the oligarchs... You think the same wasn't being done on pipelines they controlled?
The odds of that are so slim.

That is definitely a massive hole or complete rupture judging by the diameter of the surface gas plume.
Basically impossible for any other causes beyond sabotage.

Do you think it's a weird coincidence that the U.S. Navy 6th Fleet recently conducted "exercises" and "research" with "mock explosives" in the exact location where the pipeline blew up?
https://seapowermagazine.org/baltops-22-a-perfect-opportunity-for-research-and-resting-new-technology/
whiterock
Doc Holliday said:

C.
(possibly Ukraine, more likely some agent with plausible deniability acting on direction or approval of the EU).

this is like burning a boat after landing on new shores, to emphasize the implicit threat of burning the rest of the fleet..

Russian oil/gas distribution is built to flow westward to European markets. They lose any more pipelines, and it can't, no matter what. There's a war on, so neither Russia no anyone else will fix the Nordstream. Meanwhile, those wells in the permafrost have to keep flowing or they'll freeze up, and be ruined forever (at least as far as Russian technology is concerned).

Russia just got smacked in the hand with a sledge hammer. And we're sitting on the ice chest, leaning on the handle of the sledge hammer and praising Russia on how nice is the manicure on the other hand....

Message: This is a demonstration of resolve, to drive home the message that Russia will have to build an entirely new distribution system to flow eastward, unless they conclude a peace agreement on terms favorable to the EU. And if they drop a nuke in UKR, there's a whole lot more than pipelines at risk.
FLBear5630
whiterock said:

Doc Holliday said:

C.
(possibly Ukraine, more likely some agent with plausible deniability acting on direction or approval of the EU).

this is like burning a boat after landing on new shores, to emphasize the implicit threat of burning the rest of the fleet..

Russian oil/gas distribution is built to flow westward to European markets. They lose any more pipelines, and it can't, no matter what. There's a war on, so neither Russia no anyone else will fix the Nordstream. Meanwhile, those wells in the permafrost have to keep flowing or they'll freeze up, and be ruined forever (at least as far as Russian technology is concerned).

Russia just got smacked in the hand with a sledge hammer. And we're sitting on the ice chest, leaning on the handle of the sledge hammer and praising Russia on how nice is the manicure on the other hand....

Message: This is a demonstration of resolve, to drive home the message that Russia will have to build an entirely new distribution system to flow eastward, unless they conclude a peace agreement on terms favorable to the EU. And if they drop a nuke in UKR, there's a whole lot more than pipelines at risk.

For a slap to work, the recipient has to know who did it.
Doc Holliday
whiterock said:

Doc Holliday said:

C.

whiterock
RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

Doc Holliday said:

C.

oh, they know.

if you admit it publicly, then you are subject to retaliation. So you act with plausible deniability.

We have people who do that, you know.....
Redbrickbear
FLBear5630
whiterock said:

RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

Doc Holliday said:

C.

oh, they know.

if you admit it publicly, then you are subject to retaliation. So you act with plausible deniability.

We have people who do that, you know.....

Yeah, we are more than capable of this. Just don't see Biden doing it and keeping it quiet. DeSantis. Yes. Biden, no
Canada2017
RMF5630 said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

Yeah like Vietnam , Cambodia , Iraq, South Korea , Kuwait , Saudi Arabia, Laos ……..

all functional democratic nations .
First Page Last Page
Page 7 of 122

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.