Russia mobilizes

196,365 Views | 4259 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by sombear
FLBear5630
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

ATL Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

What do you think happened with the Nordstream pipelines?

A: Russia sabotaged them
B: The USA sabotaged them
C. Some other nation or group sabotaged them
D. Miraculously it wasn't sabotage

Russia could just quit delivering gas any time they wanted without needing to blow anything up. Likewise, the EU can just quit buying gas if they decided it's better to freeze. So what happened here?

The chances of the EU agreeing a peace agreement very unlikely now that there is no gas.
A. Russia

Like burning one's own boats, it's a message of resolve from Putin to his people and particularly his military. It's also an implicit threat to Europe and other pipelines in the vicinity.
So Russia destroyed their own $20 billion dollar pipeline which would make trillions over time, expand their global sphere of influence...as a way to attack the "free world"? How dare they blow up the pipeline that USA/NATO/EU has refused to open or use and has threatened to "shut down" as a threat to Russia.

It's more likely the US or another country shut this off to cut Russia's future money supply.

Gazprom already halted supply of Nordstrom 1 at the beginning of the month. Nordstream 2 was never activated in the first place or in use when it was blown up. This forces an energy problem for Europe because now it's not an option.

Is every narrative "Russia does bad things. Bad thing happened, therefore Russia did it"?
What makes you think most of Europe plans on working with Russia in the future for its energy needs? Why do you think Russia's land objectives make it extremely difficult to get pipelines from other places East? There's no magic agreement that results in everything back to normal at the snap of a finger. Putin made the call to invade. The consequences are evolving.
Energy needs.

Russia blew up their own pipeline but NOT the Norway-EU pipeline that's right next to it and just opened today?

Blame Putin, escalate the war, advance green agenda, make EU dependent.
Not sure how cutting gas and thereby highlighting the failure of "green energy" will advance the green agenda. But then again, I am surprised that people have bought into the green agenda as hard as they have.
Cutting gas means they EU will have to pump billions into green energy because EU is anti hydrocarbon, or they'll have to buy much more gas from the US. Probably both.

Fear is the most powerful motivator.

I think this is what's going on:

You are probably right that the EU will not reconsider its position on nukes, coal, or green energy. It is really silly to be that hard headed, but here we (and they) are.
You guys really think that Biden has the balls to pull this? He and Obama sent blankets when left to their own. You really think OBiden would take this tact??? I say no way. The guy was scared to leave the basement.

Russia did this and will blame West. This is the first move on the Baltics. You will start to hear that Russia tried,but can't have the Baltics and Ukraine in the West.
Doc Holliday
RMF5630 said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

ATL Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Russia could just quit delivering gas any time they wanted without needing to blow anything up. Likewise, the EU can just quit buying gas if they decided it's better to freeze. So what happened here?

The chances of the EU agreeing a peace agreement very unlikely now that there is no gas.
A. Russia

Like burning one's own boats, it's a message of resolve from Putin to his people and particularly his military. It's also an implicit threat to Europe and other pipelines in the vicinity.
So Russia destroyed their own $20 billion dollar pipeline which would make trillions over time, expand their global sphere of influence...as a way to attack the "free world"? How dare they blow up the pipeline that USA/NATO/EU has refused to open or use and has threatened to "shut down" as a threat to Russia.

It's more likely the US or another country shut this off to cut Russia's future money supply.

Gazprom already halted supply of Nordstrom 1 at the beginning of the month. Nordstream 2 was never activated in the first place or in use when it was blown up. This forces an energy problem for Europe because now it's not an option.

Is every narrative "Russia does bad things. Bad thing happened, therefore Russia did it"?
What makes you think most of Europe plans on working with Russia in the future for its energy needs? Why do you think Russia's land objectives make it extremely difficult to get pipelines from other places East? There's no magic agreement that results in everything back to normal at the snap of a finger. Putin made the call to invade. The consequences are evolving.
Energy needs.

Russia blew up their own pipeline but NOT the Norway-EU pipeline that's right next to it and just opened today?

Not sure how cutting gas and thereby highlighting the failure of "green energy" will advance the green agenda. But then again, I am surprised that people have bought into the green agenda as hard as they have.
Cutting gas means they EU will have to pump billions into green energy because EU is anti hydrocarbon, or they'll have to buy much more gas from the US. Probably both.

You are probably right that the EU will not reconsider its position on nukes, coal, or green energy. It is really silly to be that hard headed, but here we (and they) are.
You guys really think that Biden has the balls to pull this? He and Obama sent blankets when left to their own. You really think OBiden would take this tact??? I say no way. The guy was scared to leave the basement.

Russia did this and will blame West. This is the first move on the Baltics. You will start to hear that Russia tried,but can't have the Baltics and Ukraine in the West.
Do you know what the CIA has done around the world for the past 70 years?!

I want to believe the US is wholesome, good and by the book...but that's not even close to reality.
Wrecks Quan Dough
RMF5630 said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

ATL Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

A. Russia

Energy needs.

You guys really think that Biden has the balls to pull this?
I don't know anything about who, if anyone, did anything to the pipeline. It makes no sense to me why either side would do it.
FLBear5630
Doc Holliday said:

RMF5630 said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

ATL Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

A. Russia

Energy needs.

I want to believe the US is wholesome, good and by the book...but that's not even close to reality.
The CIA cannot act independently. On something like this, there has to be an Executive Approval.

Remember Iran=Contra? Jail time accompanies not having a get out of jail free card...
Doc Holliday
RMF5630 said:

Doc Holliday said:

RMF5630 said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

ATL Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

A. Russia

Energy needs.

The CIA cannot act independently. On something like this, there has to be an Executive Approval.

Remember Iran=Contra? Jail time accompanies not having a get out of jail free card...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_CIA_controversies
Sam Lowry
Doc Holliday said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

ATL Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

A. Russia

Energy needs.

Ruining our relationship with Germany in order to send some vague message about who's "in charge?" That makes no sense, even if Biden had the guts for it.
FLBear5630
Doc Holliday said:

RMF5630 said:

Doc Holliday said:

RMF5630 said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

ATL Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

A. Russia

Energy needs.

Controversies, implying that they cannot act independently. That is like saying the My Lai is the same as Battle of Easting in the Gulf War.

I think you read too many conspiracy books. Someone in the Executive Branch approved an operation, especially something like this. You really think that there are CIA Ops, leadership and attorneys saying, sure go ahead blow the pipeline, Executive Branch don't need to know.
Doc Holliday
RMF5630 said:

Doc Holliday said:

RMF5630 said:

Doc Holliday said:

RMF5630 said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

ATL Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

A. Russia

Energy needs.

Controversies, implying that they cannot act independently. That is like saying the My Lai is the same as Battle of Easting in the Gulf War.

I think you read too many conspiracy books. Someone in the Executive Branch approved an operation, especially something like this. You really think that there are CIA Ops, leadership and attorneys saying, sure go ahead blow the pipeline, Executive Branch don't need to know.
Why do you think the executive branch wouldn't do this?

Again, Biden literally said we could stop it:

Did the US tell the truth about USS Maine, the RMS Lusitania, the USS Greer, the Gulf of Tonkin, Iraqi babies in incubators, WMDs, etc?
Doc Holliday
Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

ATL Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

A. Russia

Energy needs.

Ruining our relationship with Germany in order to send some vague message about who's "in charge?" That makes no sense, even if Biden had the guts for it.
It makes financial sense.
BearFan33
MSNBC blames Trump for the pipeline explosion.
FLBear5630
Doc Holliday said:

RMF5630 said:

Doc Holliday said:

RMF5630 said:

Doc Holliday said:

RMF5630 said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

ATL Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

A. Russia

Energy needs.

I don't think the Biden Administration has the balls. I am not sayng that Biden is in the loop, someone in the Administration would have to have given the "go". I don't think Biden knows what day it is. Also, for Crimea, they only sent blankets. Benghazi, was a nightmare because of indecision. I just can't see the Biden Administration being decisive, imaginative, and proactive enough to take this approach. DeSantis, in a heartbeat.
ATL Bear
Doc Holliday said:

ATL Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

A. Russia

Energy needs.

I don't know who or what was the culprit of the pipeline breach. Doesn't change the dynamic at play after Putin decided to invade Ukraine. Again, he decided to invade Ukraine. He decided to alienate his primary customers. We would be stupid not to better position the USA and better energy security for Europe now that Russia is acting like a typical Middle Eastern, North African despotic state. Decisions have consequences.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Israel can help fill the void if they can transport the naty gas.
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

I highly doubt Russia blew up their own line.

Am I to believe that the United States is now sabotaging Germany?
I mean Biden himself said we'd be able to...
Quote:

Biden: "If Russia invades...then there will be no longer a Nord Stream 2."

Reporter: "But how will you do that, it's in germany's control?"

Biden: "I promise you, we will be able to do that."

Biden shot off his mouth. Not everything the man says is true. He just loves to pop off.
Oh yeah Russia is the sole boogeyman and western countries are never corrupt...

Everyone's hands are dirty. We gotta stop buying into the this black and white bs. Be skeptical of everyone.
I don't blame Russia. I do not think there is enough information to blame anyone at this point.

To a point. Russia invaded Crimea and ultimately Ukraine. No excuse when you invade a sovereign nation. Especially to annex into your Nation. This isn't looking to set Ukraine up as an independent nation.

Say what you will, but at least the goal of the US actions is to leave democratic functional Nations.

Yeah like Vietnam , Cambodia , Iraq, South Korea , Kuwait , Saudi Arabia, Laos ……..

all functional democratic nations .

South Korea, Kuwait, we fought to preserve a more democratic government. They are better than the alterrnative.

Never said they were all successful.

We don't fight to Annex and haven't for 100 years.

Kuwait is an emirate with an autocratic political system.

Is that better than Saddams Baathist dictatorship? Sure but let's try and be accurate.

And we absorb states into our economic and political sphere of influence. We don't out right annex them because it is no long seen as acceptable and is bad PR. It's also just plain easier to rule through local elites than officially take over a foreign state.

We see how hard and expensive hostile invasions and long term occupations are (i.e. Afghanistan & Iraq)
Canada, this is where we disagree.

If Iraq does not invade Kuwait, we do nothing.
If Korth Korea does not invade South Korea, we do nothing.
Tonkin does not happen, Viet Nam does not take off.
Russia does not invade Crimea and Ukraine, we are not in this position.

Typically, US reaction is after another Nation takes a violent act. That is not the same as what Russia does and what China is threatening.

I agree with you on Iraq 03 and Afghanistan. Iraq was a vendetta and I disagree about the US going in there. The no fly zone was enough.

Afghanistan should have ended at a manhunt and destruction of Al Queda. 20 years was ridiculous.

I still do not agree that the US involvement is in any way similar to Russia's actions. Even if we want them in our political and economic sphere, if they choose not to, see Philippine's, we don't invade.
We're destroying Ukraine just as surely as if we had invaded.

That's the logic that tells a woman to "relax & enjoy it" if she gets raped
Which is worse -- telling her to relax, or prodding her to struggle for your amusement while you munch on a bowl of popcorn?
You have some sick fantasies, beto ...
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
trey3216
Sam Lowry said:

They asked for a no-fly zone, too. Notice that we didn't provide it.
Because then we'd actually be putting American boots on the ground and Russia would likely see that as a provocation of war.

Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
trey3216
Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

A. Russia

They had already shut the pipeline flow down. Now they can't be sued for not fulfilling a contract according to international law either.
trey3216
He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

ATL Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

A. Russia

Energy needs.

Yet France, who is almost as large a presence in EU politics as Germany, is the world's largest nuclear energy producer and they're adding even more. You can't just throw a blanket excuse on everything.
Wrecks Quan Dough
trey3216 said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

ATL Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

A. Russia

Energy needs.

Yet France, who is almost as large a presence in EU politics as Germany, is the world's largest nuclear energy producer and they're adding even more. You can't just throw a blanket excuse on everything.
They are preparing for a cold winter too.
trey3216
Doc Holliday said:

RMF5630 said:

Doc Holliday said:

RMF5630 said:

Doc Holliday said:

RMF5630 said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

ATL Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

A. Russia

Energy needs.

Did the US tell the truth about USS Maine, the RMS Lusitania, the USS Greer, the Gulf of Tonkin, Iraqi babies in incubators, WMDs, etc?
Redbrickbear
Wrecks Quan Dough

Boris, forget Moose and Squirrel. You blow up pipeline now.
trey3216
Redbrickbear
Why would Polish officials be thanking the US for this?

They not get the memo to blame Russia for the attack?

trey3216
Redbrickbear said:

Why not post his other tweets about the attack where he blames Russia and calls it a 'Special Maintenance Operation"? Doesn't fit your anti-America narrative? Fool
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
trey3216 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Why not post his other tweets about the attack where he blames Russia and calls it a 'Special Maintenance Operation"? Doesn't fit your anti-America narrative? Fool

For the 7,000th time Trey.

Spooks in the CIA and the unaccountable intelligence services are not America. And don't get to claim to speak for us or our Constitutional Republic.

But what's sad is they actually pay Georgetown and Ivy League grads to run interference for the intelligence services on the internet.

You just do it from Waco for free….lol
FLBear5630
trey3216 said:

Doc Holliday said:

RMF5630 said:

Doc Holliday said:

RMF5630 said:

Doc Holliday said:

RMF5630 said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

ATL Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

A. Russia

Energy needs.

If you believe the Luisitania, Greer and Gulf of Tonkin were done by the US Government, we really can't have a discussion. All three were attacks.

Maine, the initial US report and the Spanish inquiry said accident. So, I can go there.

The other 2 were reports, not attacks.

Wow, do you subscribe to conspiracy.com or something? So, nothing is what we are told? No moon landing, JFK was killed by the US Govt, aliens at Area 51, and male models are assassins? I have a tin foil hat, but you leave me in the dust...

trey3216
Redbrickbear said:

trey3216 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Spooks in the CIA and the unaccountable intelligence services are not America. And don't get to claim to speak for us or our Constitutional Republic.

But what's sad is they actually pay Georgetown and Ivy League grads to run interference for the intelligence services on the internet.

I don't run interference for anyone. I'm just capable of wading through a thought project without needing to look like Charlie Kelly or Carrie Matheson and their crazy boards.
william
Redbrickbear
trey3216 said:

Redbrickbear said:

trey3216 said:

Redbrickbear said:

I don't run interference for anyone. I'm just capable of wading through a thought project without needing to look like Charlie Kelly or Carrie Matheson and their crazy boards.

You constantly relate everything the ruling class of the USA does (and it's goals) as synonyms with America and the American people.

And view any criticism of those goals and acts as tantamount to criticism of America itself.

Doc Holliday
ATL Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

ATL Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

A. Russia

Energy needs.

I don't know who or what was the culprit of the pipeline breach. Doesn't change the dynamic at play after Putin decided to invade Ukraine. Again, he decided to invade Ukraine. He decided to alienate his primary customers. We would be stupid not to better position the USA and better energy security for Europe now that Russia is acting like a typical Middle Eastern, North African despotic state. Decisions have consequences.
Pursuing diplomacy > Military escalation.
FLBear5630
trey3216 said:

Redbrickbear said:

trey3216 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Are there conspiracies? Of course. Are all of these? I really doubt it. I believe there is some opportunism involved, such as the Maine. Some propaganda like WMD. Lusitania was carrying munitions, which would make it a target.

I just think people mistake opportunism for conspiracy. The only 2 I know of was Watergate and Iran-Contra, they are proven.
trey3216
RMF5630 said:

trey3216 said:

Redbrickbear said:

trey3216 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Are there conspiracies? Of course. Are all of these? I really doubt it. I believe there is some opportunism involved, such as the Maine. Some propaganda like WMD. Lusitania was carrying munitions, which would make it a target.

I just think people mistake opportunism for conspiracy. The only 2 I know of was Watergate and Iran-Contra, they are proven.
Yep. WMD was a lot of propaganda, but also had some truth to it (even if it was old truth). We know for a fact Saddam had WMD's because he killed nearly a million of his own countrymen with them in the 80's. Could those have been transported to Syria and other locales prior to our invasion in '03? Absolutely. Do I think GWB is the devil because he believed the intelligence briefed to him by an extremely trustworthy former General as well as his VP? Absolutely not.
FLBear5630
trey3216 said:

RMF5630 said:

trey3216 said:

Redbrickbear said:

trey3216 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Yep. WMD was a lot of propaganda, but also had some truth to it (even if it was old truth). We know for a fact Saddam had WMD's because he killed nearly a million of his own countrymen with them in the 80's. Could those have been transported to Syria and other locales prior to our invasion in '03? Absolutely. Do I think GWB is the devil because he believed the intelligence briefed to him by an extremely trustworthy former General as well as his VP? Absolutely not.
Same here. I do not think Powell, Rice, Bush would have gone if they don't believe it. Cheney or Rumsfeld, not so much.

Redbrickbear
trey3216 said:

RMF5630 said:

trey3216 said:

Redbrickbear said:

trey3216 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Sounds like a good summation of reasons not to trust the unaccountable intelligence services.

First Page Last Page
Page 9 of 122

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.