If there remained any question whether or not soccer is gay…

5,737 Views | 118 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Redbrickbear
Harrison Bergeron
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I like futbol.

I like gays.

I don't like arrogant Western imperialists that think they're culturally superior to brown people.
LIB,MR BEARS
Soccer is meant to be played while filling deer feeders, by drunken deer hunters, using an armadillo as the ball. There are no teams, just the armadillo, the alcohol and the hunters.
RegentCoverup
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Soccer is meant to be played while filling deer feeders, by drunken deer hunters, using an armadillo as the ball. There are no teams, just the armadillo, the alcohol and the hunters.
a little weird, but I laughed
Wangchung
LIB,MR BEARS said:

That's insane. Armadillos are not soccer balls. They are surprises you catch and place for your hunting buddies to find in their tent or blind before daybreak.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
LIB,MR BEARS
Wangchung said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

That's insane. Armadillos are not soccer balls. They are surprises you catch and place for your hunting buddies to find in their tent or blind before daybreak.
I thought that was why God created the ringtail cat.
RegentCoverup
Golem said:

boognish_bear said:

Excellent decision. The constant virtue signaling around guy on guy butt sex is fingernails on chalkboard annoying at this point.
that's not soccer though, that's US woke liberal journalists.

The rest of the world isn't on board with these clowns. Even the traditionally "tolerant" "liberal" countries are rolling their eyes. But these little terrorists are trying to create the impression that the sport and it's fans agree with them. They don't.
ron.reagan
you guys talk more about butt sex than the people in a gay night club
Redbrickbear
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Golem said:

boognish_bear said:

Excellent decision. The constant virtue signaling around guy on guy butt sex is fingernails on chalkboard annoying at this point.

The rest of the world isn't on board with these clowns. Even the traditionally "tolerant" "liberal" countries are rolling their eyes. But these little terrorists are trying to create the impression that the sport and it's fans agree with them. They don't.
Homosexuality is not even a "Western value".

It was universality condemned through our history as a mental illness and a depraved sexual practice until basically the day before yesterday.

Its now a value of the small elite subsection of the ruling class of the West. Basically the urban power centers in places like LA, Chicago, NYC, London and their fellow travelers.

Its an insult to 2,000+ years of Western civilization to say its a bedrock Western value.
ron.reagan
Redbrickbear said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Golem said:

boognish_bear said:

It was universality condemned through our history as a mental illness and a depraved sexual practice until basically the day before yesterday.

Its now a value of the small elite subsection of the ruling class of the West. Basically the urban power centers in places like LA, Chicago, NYC, London and their fellow travelers.

Its an insult to 2,000+ years of Western civilization to say its a bedrock Western value.
"universality condemned through our history as a mental illness"

There was no time in history it was universally condemned. It was even encouraged in some societies. Sound like a lib just making up things to fit your feelings
Wangchung
ron.reagan said:

Every rainbow sticker, every lgbtqwerty reference, is referring to butt sex or cunilingus, so no, no one brings it up more than you folks.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
ron.reagan
Wangchung said:

ron.reagan said:

Every rainbow sticker, every lgbtqwerty reference, is referring to butt sex, so no, no one brings it up more than you folks.
lesbians having butt sex is something I can get behind
Wangchung
ron.reagan said:

Wangchung said:

ron.reagan said:

Every rainbow sticker, every lgbtqwerty reference, is referring to butt sex, so no, no one brings it up more than you folks.
lesbians having butt sex is something I can get behind
Two girls, one cup should make you hesitate to claim that without more details...
Redbrickbear
ron.reagan said:

Redbrickbear said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Golem said:

boognish_bear said:

"universality condemned through our history as a mental illness"

There was no time in history it was universally condemned. It was even encouraged in some societies. Sound like a lib just making up things to fit your feelings

Where was homosexuality encouraged in Western history?

Even among some of the Greek city states in the Bronze age it was basically merely tolerated. And the idea of homosexuality in that environment was very different than the modern concept.

https://www.ancient-origins.net/history/homosexuality-ancient-greece-0011232
[homosexuality in ancient Greece "has been discussed a good deal, mainly from a sociological and anthropological point of view." However, few mention Athenian laws against homosexuality...there's no doubt that same-sex activity existed in ancient Greece, just like it always existed in every corner of the planet in men, women, and even animals. What's critical to understand though, is that homosexuality never flourished in Greece as so many people falsely believe today. The biggest misconception of all is that there was a term known as "homosexuality." Contrary to popular belief, the word "homosexual" is a modern invention.].
ron.reagan
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_ancient_Rome

Roman men were free to enjoy sex with other males without a perceived loss of masculinity or social status, as long as they took the dominant or penetrative role. Acceptable male partners were slaves and former slaves, prostitutes, and entertainers, whose lifestyle placed them in the nebulous social realm of infamia, excluded from the normal protections accorded to a citizen even if they were technically free.

Being the bottom was super gay in Rome
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Canada2017 said:

Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

True story. I came home from one day and found some nieghborhood kids playing soccer. I was ashamed to see my two sons playing. I whipped them both twice. Once for playing soccer and a second time for playing in the front yard where anyone could see.

Thank God i nipped it in the bud. They both had outstand high school football players, married beautiful women and have thrown 5 kids. Good strong hetero men.
Continue to admire your innate superiority . As you mold mere mortals to fit into your divine plan .

However this mere sheep herder dares to ask............

'What if your legalized heroin was part of your son's lives ?

Would it have been a benefit to their future in any way........or a potential curse ?

Its is not the law that kept/keep my children/grandkids from heroin.

Its their upbringing and education. My sons dont even drink. My daughter drinks a little wine now and then. They all know i drink a little when i go out but none have ever seen me drink. It was never in the fridge while they lived at home.

I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
Redbrickbear
ron.reagan said:

Roman men were free to enjoy sex with other males without a perceived loss of masculinity or social status, as long as they took the dominant or penetrative role. Acceptable male partners were slaves and former slaves, prostitutes, and entertainers, whose lifestyle placed them in the nebulous social realm of infamia, excluded from the normal protections accorded to a citizen even if they were technically free.

So you prove that ancient Mediterranean ideals of male on male sex were nothing like the modern concept of Homosexuality.

And again while certain kinds of homosexual sex were tolerated... it was certainly not encouraged behavior in Ancient Rome.

"It was immoral to have sex with another freeborn man's wife, his marriageable daughter, his underage son, or with the man himself; sexual use of another man's slave was subject to the owner's permission."

And by the year 390 AD, homosexuality was declared illegal throughout the empire for any freeborn Romans under condemnation of burning.

[While the world of the ancient Greeks seems to have been somewhat tolerant of homosexuality (as seen in the poems of Sappho and the dialogues of Plato), though it did vary by Polis (city-state), that of the Romans was far more cautious. Romans in the period of the Roman Republic and early empire tended to perceive the Greek acceptance of male homosexuality as less than male and, thus, literally unvirtuous (Vir being the Latin word for man). Indeed, a Roman term for effeminacy was "Graeculus""a little Greek!"

The earliest Roman law against homosexuality appears to have been the Lex Scantinia that was passed by the Roman assembly at some point in the Roman Republic (perhaps in the second century BC). Although the text of this law itself has not survived, later Roman jurists of the second and third century AD describe how it outlawed homosexual sex with young male Roman citizens.]
ron.reagan
There are a lot of historians that say the Greek encouraged it. Obviously you don't believe that. But in 5 minutes you are already backtracking on it being universally condemned.

I'm not a historian but it doesn't take one to realize you are an idiot making up your own reality.
Canada2017

Canada2017 said:

True story. I came home from one day and found some nieghborhood kids playing soccer. I was ashamed to see my two sons playing. I whipped them both twice. Once for playing soccer and a second time for playing in the front yard where anyone could see.

Thank God i nipped it in the bud. They both had outstand high school football players, married beautiful women and have thrown 5 kids. Good strong hetero men.
Continue to admire your innate superiority . As you mold mere mortals to fit into your divine plan .

Would it have been a benefit to their future in any way........or a potential curse ?

Its is not the law that kept/keep my children/grandkids from heroin.

It's their upbringing and education.

Seen several addicted / destroyed individuals suffering from the ravages of heroin. A narcotic whose legalization you have advocated for years .

Almost every one of them benefited from ' good ' upbringing.

If legalization occurs the risk to members of your family will be almost as high as with any others .

Redbrickbear
ron.reagan said:

There are a lot of historians that say the Greek encouraged it. Obviously you don't believe that. But in 5 minutes you are already backtracking on it being universally condemned.

I'm not a historian but it doesn't take one to realize you are an idiot making up your own reality.
The modern concept of homosexuality was universally condemned.

While in some Greek city-states (and not all of them by any means) you might find support or toleration for adult male-young male sex....basically pederasty....you find nothing but condemnation for adult male sexual relationships.

"relations between adult men of comparable social status were considered highly problematic, and associated with social stigma"

The Athenians literally passed law against homosexuality.

http://local.droit.ulg.ac.be/sa/rida/file/2000/macdowell.pdf

Who is living in their own reality and forcing history into their own narrow ideological lens?
ron.reagan
Redbrickbear said:

ron.reagan said:

While in some Greek city-states (and not all of them by any means) you might find support or toleration for adult male-young male sex....basically pederasty....you find nothing but condemnation for adult male sexual relationships.

"relations between adult men of comparable social status were considered highly problematic, and associated with social stigma"
Even though you are wrong, you actually prefer slave rape to consensual sex. Gives you a good idea of what a piece of **** human you really are.
Redbrickbear
ron.reagan said:

[The word in ancient Greece for homosexuality was "kinaidos", a practice widely shunned and giving rise to great shame to those engaged in such activity, to the degree that men caught having sexual relations could be stripped of their political rights, banished or even put to death. Solon was an Athenian statesman, lawmaker, and poet who was remembered particularly for his efforts to legislate against political, economic, and moral decline in archaic Athens. If the legislations of laws is a measure of societal will and inclinations, then his laws would actually suggest that homosexuality was a shameful and immoral practice to be avoided. According to his laws, any man practising homosexuality was:
  • banned from becoming a member of the council of nine;
  • was banned from standing for elections as a priest;
  • was banned from being a citizen's advocate;
  • was not allowed to exercise power in or outside the city of Athens;
  • was not permitted to be sent an emissary of war;
  • was banned from expressing his opinions;
  • was banned from entering public temples;
  • was banned from being wreathed in races;
  • was not allowed to enter the agora.
All these violations were punishable by death, according to Solon's Laws.]

https://www.tornosnews.gr/en/greek-news/society/22150-were-ancient-greeks-gay-or-not-according-to-solon%E2%80%99s-9-laws.html
Redbrickbear
ron.reagan said:

Redbrickbear said:

ron.reagan said:

Even though you are wrong, you actually prefer slave rape to consensual sex. Gives you a good idea of what a piece of **** human you really are.
Are you just stupid or insane?
ron.reagan
Your whole identity is based on marginalizing gay dudes and your best source of information on it is tornosnews
Redbrickbear
ron.reagan said:

Your whole identity is based on marginalizing gay dudes and your best source of information on it is tornosnews
lol

I guess your whole identity is supporting degenerate homosexuality and not providing any sources that show how homosexuality was universally accepted or supported in the ancient world?

I have shown you actual laws against homosexuality from ancient Rome & Greece...you have provided nothing but incoherent rambling.
Wangchung
Redbrickbear said:

ron.reagan said:

lol

I guess your whole identity is supporting degenerate homosexuality and not providing any sources that show how homosexuality was universally accepted or supported in the ancient world?

I have shown you actual laws against homosexuality from ancient Rome & Greece...you have provided nothing but incoherent rambling.
Well, he did reference Wikipedia. Lol
GrowlTowel
ron.reagan said:

Not really. Here it is a fraction of what is in the media. The homo was bad enough but the loppers are a whole different game.
Doc Holliday

RegentCoverup

Canada2017 said:

My sons dont even drink.

Ok, so they don't drink. They were not allowed to play a sport that involved 90 minutes of running.

If you can't chug alcohol and go physically exert yourself, what exactly are you doing?

Heck, I've run 10k's after drinking the night before.
Forest Bueller_bf
4th and Inches said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Porteroso said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Porteroso said:

Someone flew a rainbow flag and all of soccer is gay. Some of you are true snowflakes, it's really impressive how the mind melts at the sight of these flags.

Soccer was Gay long before any rainbow flag

I loved soccer through middle and high school. There is so much conditioning, running, and skill built into the sport. At the pro level the flopping really takes away much of the magic, but it's definitely one of the great sports.
I tried to get my kid to try soccer, he just never took to it. I think the continual running wasn't a big draw, but you sure have to be fit to do it right.

You are right it is a great sport. Take the politics away and most all sports are great.

Heck, I won a State championship at the amateur level in Tennis, do I lose man card points for this that I wasn't aware of.

if you didnt blow out your kneees, you are a winner. Tennis is brutal
Both my knees are really bad. Kept playing in tournaments up to about 40 or so, and neither knee is doing well at all.
Forest Bueller_bf
Redbrickbear said:

ron.reagan said:

So you prove that ancient Mediterranean ideals of male on male sex were nothing like the modern concept of Homosexuality.

And again while certain kinds of homosexual sex were tolerated... it was certainly not encouraged behavior in Ancient Rome.

"It was immoral to have sex with another freeborn man's wife, his marriageable daughter, his underage son, or with the man himself; sexual use of another man's slave was subject to the owner's permission."

And by the year 390 AD, homosexuality was declared illegal throughout the empire for any freeborn Romans under condemnation of burning.

[While the world of the ancient Greeks seems to have been somewhat tolerant of homosexuality (as seen in the poems of Sappho and the dialogues of Plato), though it did vary by Polis (city-state), that of the Romans was far more cautious. Romans in the period of the Roman Republic and early empire tended to perceive the Greek acceptance of male homosexuality as less than male and, thus, literally unvirtuous (Vir being the Latin word for man). Indeed, a Roman term for effeminacy was "Graeculus""a little Greek!"

The earliest Roman law against homosexuality appears to have been the Lex Scantinia that was passed by the Roman assembly at some point in the Roman Republic (perhaps in the second century BC). Although the text of this law itself has not survived, later Roman jurists of the second and third century AD describe how it outlawed homosexual sex with young male Roman citizens.]

Quote:

So if he had an "unmarriagable" daughter it was ok?? So they let you have sex with the ugly one?

This is an oddly written rule.
4th and Inches
Forest Bueller_bf said:

4th and Inches said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Porteroso said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Porteroso said:

Someone flew a rainbow flag and all of soccer is gay. Some of you are true snowflakes, it's really impressive how the mind melts at the sight of these flags.

I loved soccer through middle and high school. There is so much conditioning, running, and skill built into the sport. At the pro level the flopping really takes away much of the magic, but it's definitely one of the great sports.
I tried to get my kid to try soccer, he just never took to it. I think the continual running wasn't a big draw, but you sure have to be fit to do it right.

You are right it is a great sport. Take the politics away and most all sports are great.

Heck, I won a State championship at the amateur level in Tennis, do I lose man card points for this that I wasn't aware of.

Both my knees are really bad. Kept playing in tournaments up to about 40 or so, and neither knee is doing well at all.
unfortunate but not uncommon.. i know many folks who said if they knew now back then, they would not have played sports to the level they did, the wear on the body is too much..

My left knee is probably headed toward replacement after blowing it out my sophmore year of college. Rehab and lack of aggressive sports post injury have allowed maximum life out of it but its time may be up soon.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
GrowlTowel
Forest Bueller_bf
4th and Inches said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

4th and Inches said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Porteroso said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Porteroso said:

unfortunate but not uncommon.. i know many folks who said if they knew now back then, they would not have played sports to the level they did, the wear on the body is too much..

My left knee is probably headed toward replacement after blowing it out my sophmore year of college. Rehab and lack of aggressive sports post injury have allowed maximum life out of it but its time may be up soon.
I also didn't give up league basketball up until age 42, the year my son was born. It too was rough on my knees, I loved jumping and dunking and was a show off too often when a group would get together for a pick up game. I am paying for it now, and will be looking into knee replacement for both knees once I get my kid out of HS. Honestly walking is always very painful right now.
Redbrickbear
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Redbrickbear said:

ron.reagan said:

Quote:

So if he had an "unmarriagable" daughter it was ok?? So they let you have sex with the ugly one?

Yep, and the whole "its ok to rape a male slave as long as you have the slaveowners permission" is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Greco-Roman laws and practices of the time.

Which is also why its strange to hear modern academics and LGBTQ activists talk about how "well you know homosexuality was practiced at times in the ancient world"...as if that is some kind of endorsement.

Yes, and so was slave rape, infanticide, war for plunder, slavery, abortion, euthanasia, human sacrifice, and a host of other terrible practices.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Redbrickbear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Redbrickbear said:

ron.reagan said:

Quote:

Yes, and so was slave rape, infanticide, war for plunder, slavery, abortion, euthanasia, human sacrifice, and a host of other terrible practices.
So, not much has changed except where Christian mores are broadly enforced.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.