If there remained any question whether or not soccer is gay…

5,738 Views | 118 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He Hate Me said:

Redbrickbear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Redbrickbear said:

ron.reagan said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_ancient_Rome

Roman men were free to enjoy sex with other males without a perceived loss of masculinity or social status, as long as they took the dominant or penetrative role. Acceptable male partners were slaves and former slaves, prostitutes, and entertainers, whose lifestyle placed them in the nebulous social realm of infamia, excluded from the normal protections accorded to a citizen even if they were technically free.

Being the bottom was super gay in Rome

So you prove that ancient Mediterranean ideals of male on male sex were nothing like the modern concept of Homosexuality.

And again while certain kinds of homosexual sex were tolerated... it was certainly not encouraged behavior in Ancient Rome.

"It was immoral to have sex with another freeborn man's wife, his marriageable daughter, his underage son, or with the man himself; sexual use of another man's slave was subject to the owner's permission."

And by the year 390 AD, homosexuality was declared illegal throughout the empire for any freeborn Romans under condemnation of burning.

[While the world of the ancient Greeks seems to have been somewhat tolerant of homosexuality (as seen in the poems of Sappho and the dialogues of Plato), though it did vary by Polis (city-state), that of the Romans was far more cautious. Romans in the period of the Roman Republic and early empire tended to perceive the Greek acceptance of male homosexuality as less than male and, thus, literally unvirtuous (Vir being the Latin word for man). Indeed, a Roman term for effeminacy was "Graeculus""a little Greek!"

The earliest Roman law against homosexuality appears to have been the Lex Scantinia that was passed by the Roman assembly at some point in the Roman Republic (perhaps in the second century BC). Although the text of this law itself has not survived, later Roman jurists of the second and third century AD describe how it outlawed homosexual sex with young male Roman citizens.]

Quote:

"It was immoral to have sex with another freeborn man's wife, his marriageable daughter, his underage son, or with the man himself; sexual use of another man's slave was subject to the owner's permission."
So if he had an "unmarriagable" daughter it was ok?? So they let you have sex with the ugly one?

This is an oddly written rule.

Yes, and so was slave rape, infanticide, war for plunder, slavery, abortion, euthanasia, human sacrifice, and a host of other terrible practices.
So, not much has changed except where Christian mores are broadly enforced.

It is amazing how as Christianity collapses on a society level....many horrible practices we thought were expunged from Western Civilization start crawling back out from the shadows and the sewers.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Canada2017 said:

True story. I came home from one day and found some nieghborhood kids playing soccer. I was ashamed to see my two sons playing. I whipped them both twice. Once for playing soccer and a second time for playing in the front yard where anyone could see.

Thank God i nipped it in the bud. They both had outstand high school football players, married beautiful women and have thrown 5 kids. Good strong hetero men.
Continue to admire your innate superiority . As you mold mere mortals to fit into your divine plan .

However this mere sheep herder dares to ask............

'What if your legalized heroin was part of your son's lives ?

Would it have been a benefit to their future in any way........or a potential curse ?

My sons dont even drink.

Ok, so they don't drink. They were not allowed to play a sport that involved 90 minutes of running.

If you can't chug alcohol and go physically exert yourself, what exactly are you doing?

Heck, I've run 10k's after drinking the night mbefore.

My boys chose a sport where they could hit people as hard as they could and not get on trouble. I am sure they have tried alcohol its just not a habit.

In America soccer is a sport for boys that cant or dont want to play football. People fill stadiums to watch football. Not so much for grown men on their underwear running around a pasture and kicking a ball.

To each his own though. You be you.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
drahthaar
Is Jesse Jackson mad his "rainbow" has been hijacked? Or has the reverend been made aware?
LIB,MR BEARS
Redbrickbear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Redbrickbear said:

ron.reagan said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_ancient_Rome

Roman men were free to enjoy sex with other males without a perceived loss of masculinity or social status, as long as they took the dominant or penetrative role. Acceptable male partners were slaves and former slaves, prostitutes, and entertainers, whose lifestyle placed them in the nebulous social realm of infamia, excluded from the normal protections accorded to a citizen even if they were technically free.

Being the bottom was super gay in Rome

So you prove that ancient Mediterranean ideals of male on male sex were nothing like the modern concept of Homosexuality.

And again while certain kinds of homosexual sex were tolerated... it was certainly not encouraged behavior in Ancient Rome.

And by the year 390 AD, homosexuality was declared illegal throughout the empire for any freeborn Romans under condemnation of burning.

[While the world of the ancient Greeks seems to have been somewhat tolerant of homosexuality (as seen in the poems of Sappho and the dialogues of Plato), though it did vary by Polis (city-state), that of the Romans was far more cautious. Romans in the period of the Roman Republic and early empire tended to perceive the Greek acceptance of male homosexuality as less than male and, thus, literally unvirtuous (Vir being the Latin word for man). Indeed, a Roman term for effeminacy was "Graeculus""a little Greek!"

The earliest Roman law against homosexuality appears to have been the Lex Scantinia that was passed by the Roman assembly at some point in the Roman Republic (perhaps in the second century BC). Although the text of this law itself has not survived, later Roman jurists of the second and third century AD describe how it outlawed homosexual sex with young male Roman citizens.]

Quote:

So if he had an "unmarriagable" daughter it was ok?? So they let you have sex with the ugly one?

This is an oddly written rule.
Yep, and the whole "its ok to rape a male slave as long as you have the slaveowners permission" is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Greco-Roman laws and practices of the time.

Which is also why its strange to hear modern academics and LGBTQ activists talk about how "well you know homosexuality was practiced at times in the ancient world"...as if that is some kind of endorsement.

Yes, and so was slave rape, infanticide, war for plunder, slavery, abortion, euthanasia, human sacrifice, and a host of other terrible practices.
also worship of frogs. Even that crap seems to be coming back.
RegentCoverup

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Canada2017 said:

OTrue story. I came home from one day and found some nieghborhood kids playing soccer. I was ashamed to see my two sons playing. I whipped them both twice. Once for playing soccer and a second time for playing in the front yard where anyone could see.

Thank God i nipped it in the bud. They both had outstand high school football players, married beautiful women and have thrown 5 kids. Good strong hetero men.
Continue to admire your innate superiority . As you mold mere mortals to fit into your divine plan .

Would it have been a benefit to their future in any way........or a potential curse ?

My sons dont even drink.

Ok, so they don't drink. They were not allowed to play a sport that involved 90 minutes of running.

If you can't chug alcohol and go physically exert yourself, what exactly are you doing?

My boys chose a sport where they could hit people as hard as they could and not get on trouble. I am sure they have tried alcohol its just not a habit.

In America soccer is a sport for boys that cant or dont want to play football. People fill stadiums to watch football. Not so much for grown men on their underwear running around a pasture and kicking a ball.

Haha

In your dreams. I know plenty of people that played both. Soccer is a global game. It's played on every continent and almost every country. You wouldn't last five minutes in Brazil talking trash to the street youth playing n the streets. Those are the same kids that end up in Jiu Jitsu and MMA. Nor Holland, the UK or Germany.

And don't tell me bs youth football stories, tell me what you can do today. There are leagues to play soccer for all ages. I've played in a Dallas leagues with 50 year olds that would run circles around you. I played til I was 45. And my old mens team had three Marines.

Cool story, bro. But not convincing.
OsoCoreyell
Jack Bauer said:

Porteroso said:

Someone flew a rainbow flag and all of soccer is gay. Some of you are true snowflakes, it's really impressive how the mind melts at the sight of these flags.

They have literally replaced the nations colors with the rainbow flag in the crest on their unfiorms.

I don't care who you want to ****, but can we agree to keep the USA red white and blue?

This virtue signaling makes me nauseous.

Vomit.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Canada2017 said:

OTrue story. I came home from one day and found some nieghborhood kids playing soccer. I was ashamed to see my two sons playing. I whipped them both twice. Once for playing soccer and a second time for playing in the front yard where anyone could see.

My sons dont even drink.

Haha

In your dreams. I know plenty of people that played both. Soccer is a global game. It's played on every continent and almost every country. You wouldn't last five minutes in Brazil talking trash to the street youth playing n the streets. Those are the same kids that end up in Jiu Jitsu and MMA. Nor Holland, the UK or Germany.

And don't tell me bs youth football stories, tell me what you can do today. There are leagues to play soccer for all ages. I've played in a Dallas leagues with 50 year olds that would run circles around you. I played til I was 45. And my old mens team had three Marines.

I agree golf and soccer are great games for old men. I know its popular overseas. Who won Baylors last soccer game? Most people dont know. Why would a healthy athletic boy play soccer instead of football?

BearlySpeaking
ron.reagan said:

you guys talk more about butt sex than the people in a gay night club
Gay sex has being promoted to the point it has become a huge part of the culture; everyone talks about it now to some degree. The only thing I have heard about the World Cup through a number of different mediums/sources is how there is a big dustup between Qatar and western countries over gay sex. As far as all the World Cup matches go, I only know the USA has won one game, but I don't even know what the score was. That shows what is prioritized in the media; of course people are going to talk about it.
Canada2017

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Canada2017 said:

My sons dont even drink.

Haha

Why would a healthy athletic boy play soccer instead of football?

Because he can get laid just as often yet still be able to walk at the age of 50 without a knee replacement ?
Golem
Canada2017 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Canada2017 said:

My sons dont even drink.

Haha

Because he can get laid just as often yet still be able to walk at the age of 50 without a knee replacement ?

And at 50, his husband will really appreciate his mobility.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Canada2017 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Canada2017 said:

My sons dont even drink.

Haha

When i was 16 i didnt worry about my knees at 50. Now over 60 and both original knees work great. Havent owned a car in over 10 years. I walk a lot. Soccer in America is for boys whose mommies wont let them play football.

Redbrickbear
This guy does not like soccer…

Canada2017

Canada2017 said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Canada2017 said:

My sons dont even drink.

Haha

When i was 16 i didnt worry about my knees at 50. Now over 60 and both original knees work great. Havent owned a car in over 10 years. I walk a lot. Soccer in America is for boys whose mommies wont let them play football.

Yes Duke

As you have demonstrated many times life's realities do not apply to Superior Life Forms .

I have known many mortals who have had knees, hips and shoulders replaced or repaired due to football .

Thankfully I am unaware of any concussion issues within my crowd up here .

Although at times I have wondered if Quash, Waco47 and Florida Mike played the game without helmets.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Soccer is tough on the knees. Old men in Italy and France talk about their damaged knees. Soccer also causes concussions because instead of using their hands to control the ball they hit it with their heads.

Its a great sport for skinny guys that like to run and arent too fast. I am glad my grandsons have been taught better.

One question. Have you ever paid to watch a soccer game that didnt include a relative?
Golem
Grass is green
Water is wet
Democrats destroy economies and cause crime
Donald Trump is an A__ hole with great policies
Soccer is INCREDIBLY Gay

These are simply facts.
boognish_bear
quash
Golem said:

…this clears it up.

Rainbow-themed badge adorns U.S. training facility at Qatar World Cup

https://www.reuters.com/resizer/MVHq4unvuQ4KkA_3Yz1OlwP3loM=/1200x0/filters:quality(80)/cloudfront-us-east-2.images.arcpublishing.com/reuters/GBQU64R5JVONNMBVUASJHLXJRM.jpg

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sports/rainbow-themed-badge-adorns-us-training-facility-qatar-world-cup-2022-11-14/

As you are an international traveler I'm sorry you never got to experience the pleasure of watching a World Cup game in a foreign country or two.

Rip the Royalists!
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Golem
quash said:

Golem said:

…this clears it up.

https://www.reuters.com/resizer/MVHq4unvuQ4KkA_3Yz1OlwP3loM=/1200x0/filters:quality(80)/cloudfront-us-east-2.images.arcpublishing.com/reuters/GBQU64R5JVONNMBVUASJHLXJRM.jpg

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sports/rainbow-themed-badge-adorns-us-training-facility-qatar-world-cup-2022-11-14/

As you are an international traveler I'm sorry you never got to experience the pleasure of watching a World Cup game in a foreign country or two.

Rip the Royalists!

Went on Safari during the SA World Cup. Everyone asked if we were there for that. I told them Soccer is not violent enough to be interesting to Americans. This was just around the time Tiger Woods wife beat the chit out of his car with a golf club. I told them even our golf is violent.
Bear8084
quash

Soccer is tough on the knees. Old men in Italy and France talk about their damaged knees. Soccer also causes concussions because instead of using their hands to control the ball they hit it with their heads.

Its a great sport for skinny guys that like to run and arent too fast. I am glad my grandsons have been taught better.

One question. Have you ever paid to watch a soccer game that didnt include a relative?

Absolutely.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
United States 0 England 0. The paint has not dried yet.

Perhaps with just a little more testosterone, we could have won 1-0!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
RegentCoverup
It's not what people say that matters. It's what they don't say.

And we haven't heard the keyboard Rambo club give us any illustrious tales about their "playing" career. Newsflash, there aren't any.

Hey, if you're overweight, sitting in the couch, and you don't have any accomplishments to reflect upon, then I guess the internet is for you.

Keep peddling bs, but it's not convincing anyone.
LIB,MR BEARS
I was tied up with other stuff and didn't get to watch the game. 0-0 tie sounds really exciting. Can someone give me a recap?
Golem
LIB,MR BEARS said:

I was tied up with other stuff and didn't get to watch the game. 0-0 tie sounds really exciting. Can someone give me a recap?

A bunch of grown effeminate men kicked around the poverty ball for 90 minutes, several likely flopped on the ground pretending to be hurt, and no one won the game. Nothing happened. No result. No winner.

Any sport that makes baseball look exciting is not worthy of being called a sport.
Canada2017

Of course .

whitetrash
LIB,MR BEARS said:

The usual World Cup match consists 2-3 hours of drunk foreigners singing off key, interspersed with 3-5 3 second bursts of action. The difference this year is that alcohol is banned.
quash
He plays in red and white, he's ****ing dynamite, we've got super Paul Mullin!

Hat trick in the FA Cup!
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I thought hat trick in hockey?
RegentCoverup
Golem said:

…this clears it up.

Sounds more like someone is still in the closet.
RegentCoverup
LIB,MR BEARS said:

The Simpsons riff on soccer is pretty good..

curtpenn
Canada2017 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

4th and Inches said:

Soccer is number one sport in the world.. it is most definitely not "gay"
And Joe Biden is "The Leader of the Free World!".

Clown World.
Soccer is indeed the world's most popular sport.

Nothing else even approaches it.

Which just reinforces why I never much care what the rest of the world thinks about anything.
Harrison Bergeron
Why didn't the rainbow logo stop the trainy in Colorado from shooting up the ghey bar? Did it not fix everything?
Canada2017
curtpenn said:

Canada2017 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

4th and Inches said:

Clown World.

Which just reinforces why I never much care what the rest of the world thinks about anything.

Billions just like ya.

Rugged individualists all .
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Canada2017 said:

curtpenn said:

Canada2017 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

4th and Inches said:

Clown World.

Billions just like ya.

Like I said, not a big fan of soccer, but I would love to see this United States whip Iran's arses in just about anything. Win or go home. Think I'll tune in.

By the same token, I worry about the safety of the Iranian players. A humiliating loss to the United States on the world stage for them could be a death sentence. I pray for their safety.

God Bless America.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Canada2017
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Canada2017 said:

curtpenn said:

Canada2017 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

4th and Inches said:

Clown World.

Billions just like ya.

Like I said, not a big fan of soccer, but I would love to see this United States whip Iran's arses in just about anything. Win or go home. Looks like it comes on Fox around 5:30 pm.
Think I'll tune in.

By the same token, I worry about the safety of the Iranian players. A humiliating loss to the United States on the world stage for them could be a death sentence. I pray for their safety.

God Bless America.
Well....ok then .

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.