Martin Luther King, Jr Dauy

2,331 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Canada2017
Waco1947
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Late in his life Martin Luther King, Jr. told Harry Belafonte that "I've come upon something that disturbs me deeply. We have fought hard and long for integration, as I believe we should have, and I know we will win, but I have come to believe that we are integrating into a burning house. I'm afraid that America has lost the moral vision she may have had, and I'm afraid that even as we integrate, we are walking into a place that does not understand that this nation needs to be deeply concerned with the plight of the poor and disenfranchised. Until we commit ourselves to ensuring that the underclass is given justice and opportunity, we will continue to perpetuate the anger and violence that tears the soul of this nation. I fear I am integrating my people into a burning house."

MLK
Waco1947
Golem
Martin Luther King 'looked on and laughed' while friend raped woman, unsealed FBI documents claim

Unsealed FBI documents have claimed that civil rights activist Martin Luther King 'looked on and laughed' while a friend raped a woman.

According to the Sunday Times the unsealed documents, unearthed by biographer David Garrow, make a number of allegations about the civil rights leader.

The FBI reports reveal the extent of government surveillance on Dr King, with one incident allegedly caught on tape by a recording device hidden in a hotel room in Washington DC.

The documents reportedly allege that Baptist pastor Logan Kearse invited several women back to his room with Dr King, where the pair were recorded discussing sex acts with the women.

One claims: "When one of the women protested that she did not approve, [Mr Kearse] immediately and forcibly raped her", adding that Dr King "looked on, laughed and offered advice" during the incident.

According to the Sunday Times, Dr King was allegedly monitored engaging in sex acts with around 40 women and on one occasion claim he coerced a woman into a sex act by claiming it "helps your soul" as well as suggesting he may have secretly fathered a daughter outside his marriage to wife Coretta.

FBI officials apparently tried to use the information to threaten him, sending him an anonymous letter.

Hours of surveillance tapes still exist, Mr Garrow has reportedly claimed, but remain sealed in the US National Archives until 2027.

The biographer is reportedly set to publish his findings in June's Standpoint magazine.

https://news.yahoo.com/martin-luther-king-laughed-rape-friend-fbi-documents-145714868.html
bularry
we know the FBI was all on the up-and-up when it comes to their tracking of MLK, Jr
Canada2017
MLK was very similar to President Kennedy …..they both had the charm , looks and 'game' to easily seduce women .

But these days only Kennedy's trysts are ever mentioned .
LIB,MR BEARS
Golem said:

Martin Luther King 'looked on and laughed' while friend raped woman, unsealed FBI documents claim

Unsealed FBI documents have claimed that civil rights activist Martin Luther King 'looked on and laughed' while a friend raped a woman.

According to the Sunday Times the unsealed documents, unearthed by biographer David Garrow, make a number of allegations about the civil rights leader.

The FBI reports reveal the extent of government surveillance on Dr King, with one incident allegedly caught on tape by a recording device hidden in a hotel room in Washington DC.

The documents reportedly allege that Baptist pastor Logan Kearse invited several women back to his room with Dr King, where the pair were recorded discussing sex acts with the women.

One claims: "When one of the women protested that she did not approve, [Mr Kearse] immediately and forcibly raped her", adding that Dr King "looked on, laughed and offered advice" during the incident.

According to the Sunday Times, Dr King was allegedly monitored engaging in sex acts with around 40 women and on one occasion claim he coerced a woman into a sex act by claiming it "helps your soul" as well as suggesting he may have secretly fathered a daughter outside his marriage to wife Coretta.

FBI officials apparently tried to use the information to threaten him, sending him an anonymous letter.

Hours of surveillance tapes still exist, Mr Garrow has reportedly claimed, but remain sealed in the US National Archives until 2027.

The biographer is reportedly set to publish his findings in June's Standpoint magazine.

https://news.yahoo.com/martin-luther-king-laughed-rape-friend-fbi-documents-145714868.html
I'm confused.

Am I to believe the FBI now or not?

If I don't like their information, does that mean it's a lie?

If I do like their information, does that mean it's the truth?

Does the FBI tell the truth on days that end in Y?

Is the FBI as trustworthy as the ATF?

Did the FBI director graduate first in his class like Biden?

I know I shouldn't take any wooden nickels but are government blankets okay?

How about government cheese?

Can I wipe my server of personal emails?

Can I wipe my azz with classified documents?

Can I find 10 holy men in Washington?
Osodecentx
Waco1947 said:

Late in his life Martin Luther King, Jr. told Harry Belafonte that "I've come upon something that disturbs me deeply. We have fought hard and long for integration, as I believe we should have, and I know we will win, but I have come to believe that we are integrating into a burning house. I'm afraid that America has lost the moral vision she may have had, and I'm afraid that even as we integrate, we are walking into a place that does not understand that this nation needs to be deeply concerned with the plight of the poor and disenfranchised. Until we commit ourselves to ensuring that the underclass is given justice and opportunity, we will continue to perpetuate the anger and violence that tears the soul of this nation. I fear I am integrating my people into a burning house."

MLK

MLK was a good man who died too young
Canada2017
Osodecentx said:

Waco1947 said:

MLK

MLK was a good man who died too young

He was a good man who died too young .

But unlike almost every other important man of the 60's ….historians are still too intimidated to look at his life objectively.
Redbrickbear

Osodecentx
He was a good man who did too young
Harrison Bergeron
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Golem said:

I'm confused.

It probably depends on whether or not there is primary evidence to support an assertion or a "source" that reports information to a fascist media member.

Few critically thinkers question MLKs well documented misogyny, which would have gotten most other men cancelled. Just like most people, he had some good ideas and some terrible ideas. He also happened to be a plagiarist and raging misogynist ... who would be cancelled if not for Affirmative Action.

The OP is going to be really triggered when he realizes MLK was not a butt pirate whose primary focus was grooming kids for pedophilia.
Redbrickbear

Harrison Bergeron
So he was a misogynistic fascist ... other than supporting blatant racism he seems like the perfect 2023 democrat.
Osodecentx
Harrison Bergeron said:

So he was a misogynistic fascist ... other than supporting blatant racism he seems like the perfect 2023 democrat.

He was a good man who died too young
Porteroso
You can find faults in any major figure, but making mistakes is hardly a reason to dismiss everything about the person.

If I thought you guys were truly interested in equality, I'd think you were just wanting to present a balanced view of an important and flawed figure, but in reality I know some of you just hate hearing about the Civil rights movement and love the chance to trash its figurehead.
Waco1947
Harrison Bergeron said:

Like say Trump?
Waco1947
Redbrickbear
Porteroso said:

You can find faults in any major figure, but making mistakes is hardly a reason to dismiss everything about the person.

If I thought you guys were truly interested in equality, I'd think you were just wanting to present a balanced view of an important and flawed figure, but in reality I know some of you just hate hearing about the Civil rights movement and love the chance to trash its figurehead.

We just spent the past few years in this country tearing down statues and remaining buildings of any man from our history who could be found to have faults.

Now you want us to ignore the many many problematic elements of MLK's character and actions?

No chance
Canada2017
Harrison Bergeron
Waco1947 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Like say Trump?

No.
Harrison Bergeron
Porteroso said:

You think we should honor misogynists and homophobes? Do you believe misogyny and homophobia should warrant statue destruction or do you support it?
Canada2017
Porteroso said:

Only when the life of MLK can be put through the same historical spotlight of say FDR or JFK …( no more or less ) without the fear of immediate attack …..will our society truly be color blind .
SIC EM 94
Waco1947 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Like say Trump?

I'm down with there being a national holiday recognized for Trump!
Fre3dombear
Harrison Bergeron said:

Porteroso said:

You think we should honor misogynists and homophobes? Do you believe misogyny and homophobia should warrant statue destruction or do you support it?

Would he support all the St George statues erected in NYC etc?
Golem
If only we could get rid of white supremacy and make room for people of color to run the country, then……

Eight people are shot at Martin Luther King Day event in Florida: Disturbing video shows aftermath with one victim in critical condition - and gunman still on the run

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11642977/Eight-people-shot-one-critical-condition-Martin-Luther-King-Day-event-Florida.html
whiterock
Osodecentx said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

He was the right man at the right place at the right time to lead a movement, and he gave his life for it.

He also had his flaws, as do we all.....locker room talk, infidelity, indiscriminate associations, etc....and on a few things just wrong. History is full of men with shortcomings who did great things amid a life otherwise peppered with missteps and mishaps. In fact, in many cases it often seems that the set of assets needed for greatness comes with an almost counterbalanced set of defects.

The Greeks wrote a lot about men like that.
LIB,MR BEARS
Harrison Bergeron said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Golem said:

I'm confused.

It probably depends on whether or not there is primary evidence to support an assertion or a "source" that reports information to a fascist media member.

Few critically thinkers question MLKs well documented misogyny, which would have gotten most other men cancelled. Just like most people, he had some good ideas and some terrible ideas. He also happened to be a plagiarist and raging misogynist ... who would be cancelled if not for Affirmative Action.

The OP is going to be really triggered when he realizes MLK was not a butt pirate whose primary focus was grooming kids for pedophilia.
JFK had quite a bit to hide in his personal life but was given a pass as well.
LIB,MR BEARS
Porteroso said:

perhaps the only three words you've ever posted that I can agree with, "important and flawed"

Those people are, and have always been, on both sides of the aisle. Today, we'd rather look at an individual's flaws than their accomplishments. We'd rather remove their statues and strike their names from the record than to celebrate what is good about them and improve ourselves and our conditions, as well as the conditions of others.

We, on both sides, are so busy calling out specs we never take the time to remove any logs.

Ballot Choice

Hypocrisy (R)
Hypocrisy (D)
LIB,MR BEARS
Redbrickbear said:

Porteroso said:

We just spent the past few years in this country tearing down statues and remaining buildings of any man from our history who could be found to have faults.

Now you want us to ignore the many many problematic elements of MLK's character and actions?

No chance

Because when we do it, it's just. When they do it, it's wrong
LIB,MR BEARS
whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

He was the right man at the right place at the right time to lead a movement, and he gave his life for it.

He also had his flaws, as do we all.....locker room talk, infidelity, indiscriminate associations, etc....and on a few things just wrong. History is full of men with shortcomings who did great things amid a life otherwise peppered with missteps and mishaps. In fact, in many cases it often seems that the set of assets needed for greatness comes with an almost counterbalanced set of defects.

The Greeks wrote a lot about men like that.
Blue solar system
Mothra
Porteroso said:

The point you seem to be completely missing is the blatant double standard that others are pointing out. We are changing the name of schools and tearing down statues of Anglo-Americans who did great things but weren't saints. It's absolutely absurd, but if thats what we've decided should be the standard, then why shouldn't that same standard apply to all people - regardless of race?
Canada2017
Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

The point you seem to be completely missing is the blatant double standard that others are pointing out. We are changing the name of schools and tearing down statues of Anglo-Americans who did great things but weren't saints. It's absolutely absurd, but if thats what we've decided should be the standard, then why shouldn't that same standard apply to all people - regardless of race?

Because historians , publishers , media moguls , politicians and bureaucrats are all terrified of a potential violent pushback from the black community if MLK is ever presented as anything less than a Saint .

Redbrickbear
Seeing how the media and academia portrayed the BLM riots of 2020 as a "summer of love".

You really have to question how the 1960s are presented to us today.

Redbrickbear
Osodecentx
I don't understand why some people feel the need to denigrate an American who did great things and died too young.
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

I don't understand why some people feel the need to denigrate an American who did great things and died too young.
I don't understand why we need to denigrate people like Thomas Jefferson and George Washington who lived in different times but did great things, but alas, this is the world we live in. The standards should apply equally to people of all colors, shouldn't they?
Osodecentx
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

I don't understand why we need to denigrate people like Thomas Jefferson and George Washington who lived in different times but did great things, but alas, this is the world we live in. The standards should apply equally to people of all colors, shouldn't they?
Totally agree. I'll add R.E.Lee and John Bell Hood, and others. Don't tear down statues, build more of them.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.