217,690 Views | 4809 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by 4th and Inches
Redbrickbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

J.R. said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

4th and Inches said:

Hey JR.. think he might be a billionaire now?
Nothing wrong with arrogance as long as you can back it up.

Trump is a *****, but he obviously can back it up.

Maybe it's time to have a smart ***** as president rather than a dementia riddled ***** .

Let's see if it holds when he is actually able to sell it.
So how many billions does Trump have to sell it for to garner your approval ?
How about 1 thing involving Trump being close to what the truth actually is? Everything about the guy is an estimate or leveraged or conditioned...

Incredibly weak response and you know it

Trump is a narcissist and a jerk….but obviously one of incredibly high energy and intelligence.

Your only other option is an old dementia case who wants to fund wars ( and possibly get involved in one ) and bring millions of illegals into our country.

So stop the charade and declare your priorities.
seriously? intelligent? nah. he is just dumb and clueless.
Yep

All billionaires are dumb and clueless.

Most millionaires are too.

It's the guys with thousands of dollars in student loan debt for a BA degree from a private university who are the brilliant ones.
You want to talk Bill Gates? Mark Cuban? Bezos? Right on, real smart guys, brilliant. Billionaires that created their wealth.

You want to talk Trump? Talk Fred Trump... He built the Trump real estate business. Look into how they made their money and what he started with before putting Donald in the "self-made" billionaire man talk.

Anybody that grew up in New York knows Trump. I can understand how you guys from Texas and out west only know the Trump he wants you to know. But, talk to people from New York and tell me how many think Trump is a genius, self-made man or even smart. To most New Yorkers and NJ, Trump is a piece of ****, definitely not on the pedestal you guys put him.

Not surprising, I would bet my views on the oil guys differ from those that grew up in Texas or mining out west. I only know what I read on them. My Dad was in the corporate real estate business (gas stations) in NY in the 60's and 70's and dealt with the Trumps.

( sigh )

Bottom line

The vast majority of billionaires are smart businessmen .

Otherwise they can't accumulate or maintain their fortunes.

Trump is no different .

But if it somehow makes one content to believe he is just ' lucky '……..sure; why not .

You honestly see no difference from a Bezos or Cuban and a Trump?

He inherited 40 million in 74 (250M in 24 dollars). More importantly, he inherited strategic real estate. My Chesapeake Bay Retriever can sell interest in the Plaza Hotel on Central Park for a profit. His Dad got those properties that still make up the core of Trumps wealth in the 20's. If anything, he weakened the portfolio.

Now, if you want to talk about being a self-marketer? Trump is elite. Barnum has nothing on Trump. He does excel at taking other people's money in a Ken Copeland/Pat Robertson sort of way. I guess there is an intelligence in that.

How many Trump Bible's are you in for?

He is definitely not on the level of a Elon Musk or Jeff Bezos.

But I don't think the $240 million is accurate.

More like $60 million at the time ($140 million today) and in loans.

But yes he got a big big head start by family wealth and his real genius has been in self promotion more than anything else.

Still it's America and he has made himself into a brand…a successful one.

Kim Kardashian did it as well and no one is complaining

If you are nominating Kim K for President... I am complaining! Although, she has a law degree.

As for the Trump situation, I think the strategic value of the properties that Fred Trump acquired during the 20's and Depression are more responsible for his wealth than anything else. But, you are correct. He does have it.

In all honesty, the biggest issue with Trump is his mouth. No one really cares, but when you go out and keep railing how great you are. It doesn't prompt the best responses...

We'll certainly…

Trump lies about his self made man shtick…his enemies lie about him (and now try to steal is property through the courts)

It's a circus that shows just how corrupt the ruling class has become and how clownish American society and politics have become.

But again…Trump is a symptom of a lager system wide rot…not the disease…heck he is not even a major symptom even
I used to think that way. But, I have come to the realization is that Trump is a unique ********. I cannot see all this happening to anyone else, nor has it. He just brings out the worst in people, he screams do it to me I dare you. I can actually see N Korea or China getting pissed enough to drop a nuke just to spite him.

I personally think the system/establishment/regime…whatever you want to call them…would do this to anyone who was a major threat to their entrenched power and interests.

Put I don't disagree that Trump makes it easy on them…and he has no plan other than "keep the circus going"
FLBear5630
Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

J.R. said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

4th and Inches said:

Maybe it's time to have a smart ***** as president rather than a dementia riddled ***** .

How about 1 thing involving Trump being close to what the truth actually is? Everything about the guy is an estimate or leveraged or conditioned...

Trump is a narcissist and a jerk….but obviously one of incredibly high energy and intelligence.

Your only other option is an old dementia case who wants to fund wars ( and possibly get involved in one ) and bring millions of illegals into our country.

Yep

It's the guys with thousands of dollars in student loan debt for a BA degree from a private university who are the brilliant ones.
You want to talk Bill Gates? Mark Cuban? Bezos? Right on, real smart guys, brilliant. Billionaires that created their wealth.

You want to talk Trump? Talk Fred Trump... He built the Trump real estate business. Look into how they made their money and what he started with before putting Donald in the "self-made" billionaire man talk.

Anybody that grew up in New York knows Trump. I can understand how you guys from Texas and out west only know the Trump he wants you to know. But, talk to people from New York and tell me how many think Trump is a genius, self-made man or even smart. To most New Yorkers and NJ, Trump is a piece of ****, definitely not on the pedestal you guys put him.

Not surprising, I would bet my views on the oil guys differ from those that grew up in Texas or mining out west. I only know what I read on them. My Dad was in the corporate real estate business (gas stations) in NY in the 60's and 70's and dealt with the Trumps.

( sigh )

Bottom line

Trump is no different .

But if it somehow makes one content to believe he is just ' lucky '……..sure; why not .

He inherited 40 million in 74 (250M in 24 dollars). More importantly, he inherited strategic real estate. My Chesapeake Bay Retriever can sell interest in the Plaza Hotel on Central Park for a profit. His Dad got those properties that still make up the core of Trumps wealth in the 20's. If anything, he weakened the portfolio.

Now, if you want to talk about being a self-marketer? Trump is elite. Barnum has nothing on Trump. He does excel at taking other people's money in a Ken Copeland/Pat Robertson sort of way. I guess there is an intelligence in that.

He is definitely not on the level of a Elon Musk or Jeff Bezos.

But I don't think the $240 million is accurate.

More like $60 million at the time ($140 million today) and in loans.

But yes he got a big big head start by family wealth and his real genius has been in self promotion more than anything else.

Still it's America and he has made himself into a brand…a successful one.

Kim Kardashian did it as well and no one is complaining

If you are nominating Kim K for President... I am complaining! Although, she has a law degree.

As for the Trump situation, I think the strategic value of the properties that Fred Trump acquired during the 20's and Depression are more responsible for his wealth than anything else. But, you are correct. He does have it.

In all honesty, the biggest issue with Trump is his mouth. No one really cares, but when you go out and keep railing how great you are. It doesn't prompt the best responses...

We'll certainly…

Trump lies about his self made man shtick…his enemies lie about him (and now try to steal is property through the courts)

It's a circus that shows just how corrupt the ruling class has become and how clownish American society and politics have become.

But again…Trump is a symptom of a lager system wide rot…not the disease…heck he is not even a major symptom even
I used to think that way. But, I have come to the realization is that Trump is a unique ********. I cannot see all this happening to anyone else, nor has it. He just brings out the worst in people, he screams do it to me I dare you. I can actually see N Korea or China getting pissed enough to drop a nuke just to spite him.

I personally think the system/establishment/regime…whatever you want to call them…would do this to anyone who was a major threat to their entrenched power and interests.

Put I don't disagree that Trump makes it easy on them…and he has no plan other than "keep the circus going"
That sums up my concern for Trump - "keep the circus going". He doesn't care as long as it keeps going, he is more concerned with being able to turn the events to profit making opportunities for him than solving any problems. Public office has been the biggest boon to his ability to make money in his life.
boognish_bear
One of his 71 posts so far this Easter morning

FLBear5630
boognish_bear said:

One of his 71 posts so far this Easter morning

A true spiritual inspiration.
KaiBear
FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

J.R. said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

4th and Inches said:

Yep

( sigh )

Bottom line

Trump is no different .

Can't worry about exactly how a billionaire made an additional 1-4 billion .

Seriously who gives a **** ?

Especially when compared to the weekly WOKE insanity Biden is inflicting on our country.

Get your priorities straight .
FLBear5630
KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

J.R. said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

4th and Inches said:

Yep

( sigh )

Bottom line

Trump is no different .

Can't worry about exactly how a billionaire made an additional 1-4 billion .

Seriously who gives a **** ?

Especially when compared to the weekly WOKE insanity Biden is inflicting on our country.

Get your priorities straight .
You can't discuss more than one subject? It has to be 100% one subject? Must make for a trying small talk...
Jack and DP
KaiBear
I am increasingly uninterested in your version of small talk.

Please engage with other posters instead .
whiterock
"That sums up my concern for Trump - "keep the circus going". He doesn't care as long as it keeps going, he is more concerned with being able to turn the events to profit making opportunities for him than solving any problems. Public office has been the biggest boon to his ability to make money in his life."

-------

Except that he was the first POTUS in a very, very long time to leave office worth less than when he entered it.

I would encourage you to spend some time digging into the links. The presentation itself is about 30 minutes, but there's Q&A. It lays out what I have mentioned here frequently over the years - a growing divide between societal elites and the masses they ostensibly lead/serve/represent. I spotted signs of it in the mid-1990s and it has steadily grown. The preponderance of the people who own the stages and microphones are wildly out of touch with ordinary Americans. You'll have to offer up a name and a valid email to register, and then you can watch for free. Bottom line here is, Trump is tapping into a growing dynamic in the country, which is not going away any time soon (in no small part due to the left having decided that it has the moral high ground to cram its lunacy down on everyone else).

https://www.gotostage.com/channel/49fe847896444d04bcd5f4618366df7e/recording/9c548d35e0e049d0a7cb0ae30fcff45a/watch

Slides are here:
https://www.rmgresearch.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/01/Elite-One-Percent.pdf

Articles about the data:
https://rvivr.com/2024/01/gingrich-the-elite-1-percent-behind-the-cultural-civil-war/
https://ricochet.com/1539441/the-elite-1-are-radically-different-from-you-and-me/?fbclid=IwAR2l3820HqNJejubDQ3C4qqA1b1Ih42IQUP6NFcfohI0xcuCjxNe92esTF4_aem_AZoiaaBgUePPU3nGuzNClBFWfvdxDYkJLLsW0xSps0dOP9aEpMs4x3pWuquf9VdS9Wf-KSqbaX7HxLwVEOJoUMtP

Scott Rasmussen is a interesting guy. Co-Founder ESPN (then sold it). Founder Rasmussen Reports (then left to run the holding company). Independent conservatarian.
boognish_bear
4th and Inches
boognish_bear said:

becoming a brand and competing against other top brands costs money..

Losing money as a newer company is expected
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
boognish_bear
I know Twitter valuation has gone down a lot also. Not sure about others like Facebook, Instagram, or TikTok.
Whiskey Pete
4th and Inches said:

boognish_bear said:

Yep... Also, it tool Amazon something like 9 years before it turned a profit.
FLBear5630
4th and Inches said:

boognish_bear said:

REDDIT has not made money in 20 years from what Bloomberg Business said. Valuation is different than worth, Tesla is valued higher than GM, yet GM turned profits and sold more cars. Curious to see how the valuation turns into liquid.
boognish_bear
Jack and DP
boognish_bear
Doc Holliday
whiterock said:

Authoritarians on parade

I'm willing to bet they go to extreme measures to make sure he's not elected.

He's got the votes for sure, and its not going to be an election they can ballot harvest to win either...but they will do something to stop him and its gonna be very bad.
Osodecentx
Doc Holliday said:

whiterock said:

Authoritarians on parade

He's got the votes for sure, and its not going to be an election they can ballot harvest to win either...but they will do something to stop him and its gonna be very bad.

If Trump loses the election, will you concede the election? I'm thinking that y'all will say Trump can't lose even if he does.
FLBear5630
Osodecentx said:

Doc Holliday said:

whiterock said:

Authoritarians on parade

If Trump loses the election, will you concede the election? I'm thinking that y'all will say Trump can't lose even if he does.
That is my concern. The if Trump loses, it will be more of the election process doesn't work.
Osodecentx
FLBear5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

Doc Holliday said:

whiterock said:

Authoritarians on parade

That is my concern. The if Trump loses, it will be more of the election process doesn't work.

And I believe you & I would hold Biden to the same standard
FLBear5630
Osodecentx said:

FLBear5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

Doc Holliday said:

whiterock said:

Authoritarians on parade

Hell, yeah. Once we begin doing away with the processes that make America the best Nation on earth, we truly are on our way to a Banana Republic. Make fun of the New-Cons, RINOs, and all the other names, but they respected the US processes we have. Trump and Biden scare me because they don't. Worse, we have no other choices. A Parliamentary system is looking good right now!
boognish_bear
FLBear5630
boognish_bear said:

Serious question, is Trump a true supply sider? I seriously doubt he is Keynesian. Or does he pick and choose??

Can we get a guarantee that Steve Mnuchin will come back with Trump??? Steve M was THE best part of the Trump Administration. You bring back Steve and Pompeo, I can start to see a light.
Redbrickbear
boognish_bear
whiterock
Doc Holliday said:

whiterock said:

Authoritarians on parade

if they're gonna do it, make them show their hands. Then we know where we are.
whiterock
Osodecentx said:

Doc Holliday said:

whiterock said:

Authoritarians on parade

that approach works fine for Democrats. We just need to be better at it.
whiterock
FLBear5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

FLBear5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

Doc Holliday said:

whiterock said:

Authoritarians on parade

Hell, yeah. Once we begin doing away with the processes that make America the best Nation on earth, we truly are on our way to a Banana Republic. Make fun of the New-Cons, RINOs, and all the other names, but they respected the US processes we have. Trump and Biden scare me because they don't. Worse, we have no other choices. A Parliamentary system is looking good right now!

the reason so many people are so unhappy is precisely because so many of those processes you believe in don't work very well any more. Moderate Republicans are biggest part of the problem because they defend those dysfunctional processes at the expense of everything else, including their own interests.
whiterock
boognish_bear said:

Brilliant!
whiterock
Osodecentx said:

FLBear5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

Doc Holliday said:

whiterock said:

Authoritarians on parade

You most certainly won't. You are working tirelessly to get him re-elected.
FLBear5630
whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

FLBear5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

Doc Holliday said:

whiterock said:

Authoritarians on parade

the reason so many people are so unhappy is precisely because so many of those processes you believe in don't work very well any more. Moderate Republicans are biggest part of the problem because they defend those dysfunctional processes at the expense of everything else, including their own interests.

Just because you don't get the result you want doesn't mean the process isn't working. Maybe what you want is not what the majority want and it is time to change. Or, you can blame the process that your message is not being accepted.
whiterock
FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

FLBear5630 said:

Osodecentx said:

Doc Holliday said:

whiterock said:

Authoritarians on parade

Just because you don't get the result you want doesn't mean the process isn't working. Maybe what you want is not what the majority want and it is time to change. Or, you can blame the process that your message is not being accepted.
not what I said. watch that presentation I sent you. the division in the country is not caused by Republicans getting angry at not getting what they want. the majority of people in the country have not been well-served for a long time.
whiterock
whiterock
First Page Last Page
Page 121 of 138

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.