432,953 Views | 8365 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by historian
Redbrickbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Osodecentx said:

Yeah, I know. Because George Floyd rioters weren't prosecuted, Trump shouldn't be compelled to pay taxes

No one ever said that…even though BLM rioters were of course not prosecuted

But it is legitimate to point out that if Trump was a standard issue liberal billionaire who donated to the Democratic Party the government would NOT be looking through his finances with a fine tooth comb.

We can all admit that everyone should follow the law and make sure their finances/taxes are air tight…but also acknowledge the HUGE double standard we are witnessing…where your politics determine how hard the Regime comes at you.
FLBear5630
Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Yeah, I know. Because George Floyd rioters weren't prosecuted, Trump shouldn't be compelled to pay taxes

But it is legitimate to point out that if Trump was a standard issue liberal billionaire who donated to the Democratic Party the government would NOT be looking through his finances with a fine tooth comb.

We can all admit that everyone should follow the law and make sure their finances/taxes are air tight…but also acknowledge the HUGE double standard we are witnessing…where your politics determine how hard the Regime comes at you.

And you find this strange in what way? It has happened throughout history, both American and World. You think this is novel for someone taking on the sitting regime ends up with an audit???
Redbrickbear
FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

And you find this strange in what way? It has happened throughout history, both American and World. You think this is novel for someone taking on the sitting regime ends up with an audit???

Well I guess you are right

So much for the USA being different I guess…

Step out of line and they will bankrupt you and put you in prison
FLBear5630
Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

I think it is more than step out of line. Trump painted a pretty big target in his back.

He doesn't do the Jan 6th stunt and I bet none of this happens. The attack on the Capital, whatever it was, changed the game. Cases that were borderline, risk now became with it.

He acted like every other President, he is running again without the legal drama.
Osodecentx
Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Right. Why should Trump have to follow the law and pay taxes owed.
Oldbear83
Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Last I checked, the IRS has not gone after Trump.

Should you pay more taxes just because someone not the IRS demands you do so?
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
FLBear5630
Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

That is a good point. I think his behavior on Jan 6th made the risk of taking questionable cases to court palatable. He didn't do that, the Fed and GA case don't go. NY was going no matter what. Simple as that.
Whiskey Pete
FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

I think it is more than step out of line. Trump painted a pretty big target in his back.

He doesn't do the Jan 6th stunt and I bet none of this happens. The attack on the Capital, whatever it was, changed the game. Cases that were borderline, risk now became with it.

He acted like every other President, he is running again without the legal drama.
If Trump wasn't running, this wouldn't be happening.

If you honestly believe that if Trump didn't tell people to go peacefully protest, none of the would be happening. You've forgotten about the collusion hoax, the faked dossier, the spying on his campaign, the BS impeachment over a phone call, etc...
FLBear5630
Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

If Trump wasn't running, this wouldn't be happening.

If you honestly believe that if Trump didn't tell people to go peacefully protest, none of the would be happening. You've forgotten about the collusion hoax, the faked dossier, the spying on his campaign, the BS impeachment over a phone call, etc...

Where we differ, I blame those on the POS Hillary Clinton...
whiterock
FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

BS. They're doing the J6 stuff because they are afraid they can't beat him on the issues. And they are prudent to think that.

Your comfort level with a subordinate position in social contract is not as troubling as your hostility to anyone who tries to remedy it.
Whiskey Pete
whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

BS. They're doing the J6 stuff because they are afraid they can't beat him on the issues. And they are prudent to think that.

Your comfort level with a subordinate position in social contract is not as troubling as your hostility to anyone who tries to remedy it.
Trump's big mistake was winning in 2016. Trump's even bigger mistake is running again.
historian
Good point. They are not going to look at the finances and other activities of Gates, Zuck, Bezos, or even Joe Biden nearly as much as they are investigating Trump. How many if them were in Epstein's island? How many of them are guilty of tax fraud? How many have bribed someone, or risen bribes in the case of Biden? How many are guilty of fraud or covering up crimes by themselves or others?
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
GrowlTowel
Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Do you even know anything about tax law and audits?
Oldbear83
FLBear5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

That is a good point. I think his behavior on Jan 6th made the risk of taking questionable cases to court palatable. He didn't do that, the Fed and GA case don't go. NY was going no matter what. Simple as that.
Basically, a lot is happening to Trump because it's Trump. It's back-firing in polls because it's obviously political in character and purpose.

If all this had happened in 2021-2022, a lot of people would say Trump brought it on himself. But the Biden Administration has handled all of their cases against Trump in such a ham-handed way, that no one is buying that this is a simple case of justice and law.

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
historian
Hillary had lots of people with those frauds & the subsequent cover ups. They belong in prison before Trump.
GrowlTowel
historian said:

Hillary had lots of people with those frauds & the subsequent cover ups. They belong in prison before Trump.

To be fair, some of them suicided.
FLBear5630
whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Define remedy? If Jan 6th, storming the Capital, having Pence set aside electors and replacing with Trump's hand picked is your idea of "remedy". Damn right I am hostile.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

As far as I know, Trump has never been formally accused of not paying his taxes. You have to be one of the most disappointing posters here. You started out as being "conservative" but you have steadily progressed into a TDS Loony Liberal. Nothing wrong with that. I just wish people would be honest upfront about who they are and what they believe.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
KaiBear
boognish_bear said:

Interesting

Wonder why Biden wasn't invited to said debate ?
historian
Not the most recent batch, to my knowledge.
whiterock
FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Define remedy? If Jan 6th, storming the Capital, having Pence set aside electors and replacing with Trump's hand picked is your idea of "remedy". Damn right I am hostile.

you have a predilection for playing with Democrat strawmen. It's just not on to use the power at your disposal to hound your political opponents just because they are your political opponent, which is what Democrats are doing to Trump. More and more people are seeing it.
https://www.newsweek.com/more-adults-think-democratic-party-bigger-threat-democracy-republican-party-poll-1644720

Bill Barr is honest enough to see it.
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4608880-bill-barr-real-threat-to-america-is-from-far-left-not-trump/

Open your eyes, man. In a free society, no on should "have a target painted on their back" just because they disagree with the ruling party. The people holding the paintbrushes are the problem.....
whiterock
Solid piece of journalism here:

Republican Campaign Strategists See Jewish Voters Moving Right in 2024
Being perceived as weak on supporting Israel appears to be a growing problem for Democrats seeking re-election.

By Mark Tapscott
5/11/2024

WASHINGTONRepublicans looking to recapture the Senate in November think an apparently accelerating shift among Jewish voters from the Democrats to the GOP could significantly boost their candidates in battleground races.

Voting data going back to 1912 compiled by the American-Israeli Cooperative Enterprise (AICE) shows a marked shift in Jewish voting beginning with the 2016 presidential balloting as Republican Donald Trump won 26 percent, compared to the average of 23.75 percent for the four previous GOP presidential candidates.
President Trump increased his share of the Jewish vote by an additional four points to 30 percent in 2020.

More recently, an early April I&I/TIPP Poll survey of 1,400 registered voters on President Joe Biden's "shift away from Israel" since the Oct. 7 Hamas massacre found a marked partisan shift, with 55 percent of Republicans saying they strongly or mostly disagree and 56 percent of Democrats strongly or mostly agreeing.
Historically, support for Israel among U.S. voters has been overwhelmingly bipartisan, especially whenever the Middle East's only democratic government has been under attack.

Republican campaign strategists say the evidence is still mostly anecdotal, however, they see shifting among Jewish voters as a major plus heading into the 2024 Senate campaigns, made even more intense by the sudden explosion of openly anti-Semitic campus protests and President Biden's vacillating support of Israel following the Oct. 7 Hamas terrorist attacks that killed more than 1,200 Israelis.

The GOP needs to gain only one seat to get to a 5050 split and two gains to reverse the Democrats' present 5149 advantage.

A senior Senate Republican campaign strategist, who spoke on condition of anonymity, told The Epoch Times that while the most recent evidence of an accelerating shift of Jewish voters from Democrat to Republican is indeed anecdotal, it is definitely a consideration in key battleground states.
"Nevada has the largest Jewish voting population on a per capita basis, while Pennsylvania has the highest number, then Wisconsin," the strategist said.

"I would suggest Pennsylvania is one of the best places to look at that. There you see [Democratic incumbent Sen. Bob] Casey desperately trying to hold on and find different efforts to try and show he is expressing sufficient solidarity with Jewish voters."

A spokesman for Mr. Casey did not respond to The Epoch Times' request for comment.

Mr. Casey is opposed by Republican David McCormick, who trails the Democrat by only four points among registered voters, according to the most recent Emerson Poll.

Republican Jewish Coalition Senior Political Director Sam Markstein told The Epoch Times that "where the numbers get really interesting is in the battleground states like Florida where Trump got almost 45 percent of the Jewish vote, states like Georgia where he got 50 percent and then in other states you see in 2022 in the exit polling [former Rep.] Lee Zeldin got 46 percent of the Jewish vote in New York [running for governor] and Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-Fla.) got about the same amount. So the numbers in key states are moving in the right direction."

Mr. Markstein further noted that "looking at the margins of victory in 2016 and 2020, the Jewish community in those states is larger than the margin of victory, so the Jewish vote is going to play a decisive role in the decisive states," including Arizona, Florida, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan, all of which have large Jewish populations with high turnouts on election day.

The impact could also extend beyond battleground states, as seen in deep-blue Maryland where former two-term Republican Gov. Larry Hogan is running strong against Rep. David Trone (D-Md.) to succeed the retiring Sen. Ben Cardin (D-Md.).

"As I travel the state, I often hear from voters who appreciate our strong stand in support of Israel and Maryland's Jewish community.

"Many of these voters are Democrats who are appalled, not just by the rise in anti-Semitism on campuses and across our country, but also by the lack of condemnation of that anti-Semitism from leaders in our state and in Washington.

"Too many Democrats are caving to pressure from the far-left because they don't want to lose support from extremists in their party," Mr. Hogan told The Epoch Times.

In the Ohio race between Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) and Bernie Moreno, Mr. Markstein's group said in its endorsement of the Republican entrepreneur that the incumbent is particularly vulnerable on issues of direct concern to Jewish voters.

"Bernie Moreno is a true political outsider. Sherrod Brown has been in elected office since 1974 and votes with Joe Biden 98 percent of the time.

"Bernie Moreno is a trusted friend of the Jewish community and an unwavering supporter of Israel.

"Sherrod Brown opposed President Trump tearing up the disastrous Iran nuclear deal with the genocidal mullahs in Tehran; and importantly, as Israel responded to the barbaric October 7, 2023 Hamas terrorist attacks, Sherrod Brown joined a November 2023 letter questioning and undermining the Jewish state's operations inside Gaza to defeat Hamas," the endorsement stated.

Among Senate Republican incumbents up for re-election in 2024, Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas is the No. 1 target of Democrat strategists.

The Texas Republican defeated former Rep. Beto O'Rourke by 219,000 votes in 2018. This year, Mr. Cruz is opposed by Rep. Colin Allred, a former linebacker for the NFL Tennessee Titans and a popular Dallas Democrat.

But a recent statewide survey by the Alexandria, Virginia-based Cygnal firm of 1,000 likely voters puts Mr. Cruz up eight points over Mr. Allred.

Even in the vote-rich Dallas-Forth Worth metroplex, Mr. Cruz leads his Democrat opponent by the same five points that Mr. Trump tops Mr. Biden.

"Democrats are losing ground with critical voting groups on major issues like securing the border, which has now become the top political issue for Texas votersboth in state and federal elections," Cygnal pollster John Rogers said in a statement.

"This is one, among many reasons why Trump is leading statewide by nine points and by five points in the Dallas-Fort Worth and Houston media markets.

Couple that with Mr. Allred's slow start and poor name ID in the Senate race and it's easy to see how Republicans remain well-positioned to keep Texas red," he said.

The Lone Star State has more than 250,000 Jewish voters, many of whom are likely to look negatively upon Mr. Allred's close relationship with Imam Omar Sulieman, an anti-Israel Muslim activist who delivered an opening prayer for a 2019 session of the House of Representatives.

Mr. Suleiman has compared Israel to Nazi Germany, called for a Third Intifada against Israel, and compared Israel to the formerly apartheid state of South Africa.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/us/republican-campaign-strategists-see-jewish-voters-moving-right-in-2024-post-5644515?utm_source=ref_share&utm_campaign=twitter&rs=SHRNCMMW
whiterock
Good optics here….

4th and Inches
Osodecentx said:

Trump May Owe $100 Million From Double-Dip Tax Breaks, Audit Shows
A previously unknown focus of an I.R.S. audit is a dubious accounting maneuver that effectively meant taking the same write-offs twice on a Chicago skyscraper.
that's an accounting error done by his accountant, Trump didn't do his own tax paperwork. Depending on when it was done, the IRS may be past the statute of limitations for collection anyway.
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

#50 KAIAN ROBERTS-DAY ( DL )
CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
FLBear5630
whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

you have a predilection for playing with Democrat strawmen. It's just not on to use the power at your disposal to hound your political opponents just because they are your political opponent, which is what Democrats are doing to Trump. More and more people are seeing it.
https://www.newsweek.com/more-adults-think-democratic-party-bigger-threat-democracy-republican-party-poll-1644720

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4608880-bill-barr-real-threat-to-america-is-from-far-left-not-trump/

Open your eyes, man. In a free society, no on should "have a target painted on their back" just because they disagree with the ruling party. The people holding the paintbrushes are the problem.....

You didn't answer the question again, you went on another diatribe about abstract stuff like Dem Strawman, open your eyes ruling party... All of which says nothing.

Is Jan 6th and Trump's plan to have VP set aside electors what you describe as an acceptable remedy. No BS political theory or PsyOps crap. Is that what you define as "remedy"?
whiterock
FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

You didn't answer the question again, you went on another diatribe about abstract stuff like Dem Strawman, open your eyes ruling party... All of which says nothing.

Is Jan 6th and Trump's plan to have VP set aside electors what you describe as an acceptable remedy. No BS political theory or PsyOps crap. Is that what you define as "remedy"?

That was not the remedy I proposed at all. I was speaking more generally about winning an election and thereafter enacting law to enforce accountability.

J6 riots were intolerable on several levels, but the allegation of insurrection would be laughable were it not for Democrats making a Reichstag Fire hoax out of it, which is the far greater insult to the Republic than anything Trump did. Sending elector slates back to the states for verification was an entirely legal option. Had it not been, Congress would not have changed law to prevent it from happening again in the future.

If you disagree, fine, then prosecute for what happened on J6. But if you can't do that (and they can't, for reasons I laid out above), don't fabricate wild-assed nonsensical cases like alleging fraud on valuations of assets on 20yr old financial statements supporting fully paid loans….like trying to turn a completely legal non-disclosure agreement into a felony….like fabricating a RICO case over a candidate imploring a state elected official to do his job better….like trying to turn a reasonable dispute over the limits of executive powers into a frickin' espionage case. When you stretch the fabric of social contract that far, reasonable people will start to conclude that you are abusing your power and as a a result YOU are the threat to democracy. Democrats have most certainly become exactly that, and then some.
FLBear5630
whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

That was not the remedy I proposed at all. I was speaking more generally about winning an election and thereafter enacting law to enforce accountability.

J6 riots were intolerable on several levels, but the allegation of insurrection would be laughable were it not for Democrats making a Reichstag Fire hoax out of it, which is the far greater insult to the Republic than anything Trump did. Sending elector slates back to the states for verification was an entirely legal option. Had it not been, Congress would not have changed law to prevent it from happening again in the future.

If you disagree, fine, then prosecute for what happened on J6. But if you can't do that (and they can't, for reasons I laid out above), don't fabricate wild-assed nonsensical cases like alleging fraud on valuations of assets on 20yr old financial statements supporting fully paid loans….like trying to turn a completely legal non-disclosure agreement into a felony….like fabricating a RICO case over a candidate imploring a state elected official to do his job better….like trying to turn a reasonable dispute over the limits of executive powers into a frickin' espionage case. When you stretch the fabric of social contract that far, reasonable people will start to conclude that you are abusing your power and as a a result YOU are the threat to democracy. Democrats have most certainly become exactly that, and then some.

All for accountability. I agree with you that this looks like Trump's to lose. We don't need Biden for 4 more years.

My problem is that there is only one answer on this Board. Doesn't even matter if the facts support it, you guys will substitute conspiracy theory if it supports that Trump won 2020, the US Govt is all bad and it needs to be blown up.
historian
No one is saying that. That's too extreme. You are presenting a false choice, a classic fallacy.
FLBear5630
historian said:

No one is saying that. That's too extreme. You are presenting a false choice, a classic fallacy.

No one? Read some of the Posts... Maybe not you. It is not a fallacy, it is an observation.
whiterock
FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

No one? Read some of the Posts... Maybe not you. It is not a fallacy, it is an observation.
if Trump wins, exactly those things you cited will play a major party. They were big factors in my predictions over a year ago that Trump would win the nomination and be very competitive in the general. And one of the biggest is that he's got an anti-establishment message in an age when establishments are broken.

Election campaigns are influence operations. Narratives are more important than facts. Trump is really good at selling narrative.

FLBear5630
whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

if Trump wins, exactly those things you cited will play a major party. They were big factors in my predictions over a year ago that Trump would win the nomination and be very competitive in the general. And one of the biggest is that he's got an anti-establishment message in an age when establishments are broken.

Election campaigns are influence operations. Narratives are more important than facts. Trump is really good at selling narrative.

We agree. I agree so much, I am beyond the influence and into the delivery. Now, he has to start shifting, at least internally, into developing a team that can deliver. This does include an aspect of working with those that are wary. If he can't deliver, the influence win means nothing. I would like to see him start working on some names that can deliver and work within the system. Blowing it up, ain't gonna happen. So, he has to figure how to get it done even if he wins, GOP has Senate and House. As we saw, that didn't mean much in 2016.
whiterock
He's expanding the map, bringing blue states into play. That has to happen to be successful, so it's an encouraging sign.

historian
FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

It's easy for someone in central Texas to suggest "blowing up the government" but no one seriously suggests doing that. I've never seen or heard that suggestion.

It also depends on whether you mean the literal violent sense of the phrase or the metaphorical sense of draining the swamp & clearing out the deep state by firing incompetents & prosecuting criminals. Anyone advocating the former would likely end up under investigation by the FBI or some other agency.
FLBear5630
historian said:

FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

It's easy for someone in central Texas to suggest "blowing up the government" but no one seriously suggests doing that. I've never seen or heard that suggestion.

It also depends on whether you mean the literal violent sense of the phrase or the metaphorical sense of draining the swamp & clearing out the deep state by firing incompetents & prosecuting criminals. Anyone advocating the former would likely end up under investigation by the FBI or some other agency.

Bingo.
FLBear5630
whiterock said:

He's expanding the map, bringing blue states into play. That has to happen to be successful, so it's an encouraging sign.

You will find this s interesting, in Hawaii. Cab driver was saying that he and his Company were voting Trump. This morning on Waikiki, surf guy was saying Blue Dem governor was unpopular. He grew up in Honolulu and can't afford to stay as prices too high. Might vote Trump. If Trump can win Hawaii, it may be an epic landslide.
First Page Last Page
Page 136 of 240

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.