270,908 Views | 5512 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by boognish_bear
whiterock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

Classy lady.
see. the Orange Man has corrupted everything, hasn't he.
Jack Bauer
"Orange Man" Biden appealing to MAGA voters?

whiterock
Cobretti
historian
FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Hello Alice,

I see your Sig says "Vote for Manchin please". A year ago, I probably would have. But with the Democrats efforts to jail their political rivals , ESPECIALLY Donald Trump, it is too late for that. Trump needs to win and start firing people from day one. This s h I t needs to be cleaned up and I think only he can do it. Heads need to roll. The corruption needs to be cut out like a malignancy. I say this and please know my wife and I think Trump is still an egotistical , arrogant ass. But I truly believe the man loves our country. Perhaps Trump could utilize Joe Manchin in his cabinet. We shall see.
That is an interesting idea, I would like to see a Libertarian, Manchin and even Semana (sp?) tagged for the Cabinet.

Manchin - Interior
Semana - Education
Libertarian - Commerce

A "Team of Rivals" so to speak...

Only if they understand their job is to dismantle the department completely. Trump has already promised to illuminate the Department of Education and it's long overdue. The others are questionable at best.

Also, there are better options for each position.
Jack Bauer
The bar is so low...

Oldbear83
I guess the rumors about Walsh having brain damage were true then ...
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
whiterock
Look at indie #'s

FLBear5630
historian said:

FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Hello Alice,

I see your Sig says "Vote for Manchin please". A year ago, I probably would have. But with the Democrats efforts to jail their political rivals , ESPECIALLY Donald Trump, it is too late for that. Trump needs to win and start firing people from day one. This s h I t needs to be cleaned up and I think only he can do it. Heads need to roll. The corruption needs to be cut out like a malignancy. I say this and please know my wife and I think Trump is still an egotistical , arrogant ass. But I truly believe the man loves our country. Perhaps Trump could utilize Joe Manchin in his cabinet. We shall see.
That is an interesting idea, I would like to see a Libertarian, Manchin and even Semana (sp?) tagged for the Cabinet.

Manchin - Interior
Semana - Education
Libertarian - Commerce

A "Team of Rivals" so to speak...

Only if they understand their job is to dismantle the department completely. Trump has already promised to illuminate the Department of Education and it's long overdue. The others are questionable at best.

Also, there are better options for each position.
Disagree. Bringing these in will help Trump, he is seen as all MAGA and not a Statesman. He starts acting like a Statesman and will be treated as a Statesman. You come in and start dismantling, Geez it will be war worse than now.
chriscbear
We have a spending problem. We waste too much money. The federal government needs to be shrunk. Less regulations and lower taxes will work. Empower the American worker. Reaganomics/Trumpnomics work.
whiterock
chriscbear
Dems want Biden out by weeks end because of bad polling. Per CNN
historian
Jack Bauer said:

The bar is so low...

Delusions coming from living in a bubble and being out of touch with the rest of the country….
historian
A statesman makes wise decisions. Bringing in outsiders with stale, old ideas is not wise. Maintaining bloated, inefficient, cumbersome, & often tyrannical bureaucracies is not wise. Trump has already promised to dismantle the DoE. Those who believe in limited & more efficient govt have been wanting this literally for 40 years. This includes plenty of Libertarians. It's a bureaucracy that has not accomplished one useful thing I can think of in its entire existence but has caused a whole lot of damage and become a tool of evil. It's fair to blame much of the current dismal state of American education on the DoE and the ideology that props it up.
historian
Reduce the size of govt as well, cut spending across the board. I'd love to see Trump follow the example of Argentina's new prez. It would be hilarious if he also brought in a chain saw!
FLBear5630
historian said:

A statesman makes wise decisions. Bringing in outsiders with stale, old ideas is not wise. Maintaining bloated, inefficient, cumbersome, & often tyrannical bureaucracies is not wise. Trump has already promised to dismantle the DoE. Those who believe in limited & more efficient govt have been wanting this literally for 40 years. This includes plenty of Libertarians. It's a bureaucracy that has not accomplished one useful thing I can think of in its entire existence but has caused a whole lot of damage and become a tool of evil. It's fair to blame much of the current dismal state of American education on the DoE and the ideology that props it up.
BS.

DoE is an Agency, that is all. It is not inherently good, bad or indifferent. Leadership sets the direction, the Agency accomplishes.

Doing away with the mechanism to have standardized education at the public school level is not the answer. Especially when our competition IS controlling their Education. We need MORE STEM and MORE educated work force, not 50 different views of what that should be.

Good leadership, built on sound concepts and then carried out is what Agencies should do. If people don't want to follow, get rid of them. But doing away with whole Agency as a whole for a nation of 365M and the size of the US is not accomplishing anything. Neither is going back to 1870 US structure. This is the lazy man's way of solving these issues. We need a Dept of Interior, to manage resources. We need a Dept of Education, especially in the technology based world we live in.

Manchin knows the Natural Resource situation better than anyone. Semena knows Ed. IF they are not willing to work with Trump, than don't appoint. But they are two that could bridge the gap.
Jack and DP
whiterock
FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

BS.

DoE is an Agency, that is all. It is not inherently good, bad or indifferent. Leadership sets the direction, the Agency accomplishes.

Doing away with the mechanism to have standardized education at the public school level is not the answer. Especially when our competition IS controlling their Education. We need MORE STEM and MORE educated work force, not 50 different views of what that should be.
You have it exactly backwards here. What part of "standardized Education" has been worth the nickel at the federal level?

Good leadership, built on sound concepts and then carried out is what Agencies should do. If people don't want to follow, get rid of them. But doing away with whole Agency as a whole for a nation of 365M and the size of the US is not accomplishing anything. Neither is going back to 1870 US structure. This is the lazy man's way of solving these issues. We need a Dept of Interior, to manage resources. We need a Dept of Education, especially in the technology based world we live in.
Good leadeship knows how to delegate.

Manchin knows the Natural Resource situation better than anyone. Semena knows Ed. IF they are not willing to work with Trump, than don't appoint. But they are two that could bridge the gap.
Kill the DOE, send the money to the states in block grants.

Better yet, le the people keep their money and have more control over their schools.
whiterock
FLBear5630
whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

BS.

You have it exactly backwards here. What part of "standardized Education" has been worth the nickel at the federal level?

Better yet, le the people keep their money and have more control over their schools.
That doesn't help a National Strategy. Kill the CIA and let DIA and the other 50 or so Intel Agencies do it. CIA is more trouble than it is worth, it gets the US in all sorts of problems. You can fund a hell of an Education program with that budget. ****, we can do this all day. What else??? Maybe get rid of Defense, go to a Japanese level Home Defense Force, no more money issues...
Redbrickbear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Jack Bauer
Everyone knew 78-year old Joe Biden was only there in 2020 to keep Trump out of the White House, he was never expected to go 8 years (let alone 4).

But you reap what you sow. This elder abuse is on you, Dems.
whiterock
FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

BS.

That doesn't help a National Strategy. Kill the CIA and let DIA and the other 50 or so Intel Agencies do it. CIA is more trouble than it is worth, it gets the US in all sorts of problems. You can fund a hell of an Education program with that budget. ****, we can do this all day. What else??? Maybe get rid of Defense, go to a Japanese level Home Defense Force, no more money issues...

How has that national education strategy worked out for us?

To paraphrase Thomas Sowell…. You are advocating continuing to do something that sounds good instead of something that works.

whiterock
Map continues to expand

FLBear5630
whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

BS.

To paraphrase Thomas Sowell…. You are advocating continuing to do something that sounds good instead of something that works.

You keep applying past failures to the future. Every coup you attempted that failed prevent the CIA from trying another? Just because something failed in a 20th Century environment doesn't mean it is not worth doing in the 21st. Environments change. There was no way 10 years ago that we thought we would need the technology based workforce we need now. You are not going to get it by random and the wealthy that are sending their kids to good schools are not going to do the dirty work. The dirty work of the future will be tech driven. Even infantry will need tech skills.
whiterock
FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

BS.

You keep applying past failures to the future. Every coup you attempted that failed prevent the CIA from trying another? Just because something failed in a 20th Century environment doesn't mean it is not worth doing in the 21st. Environments change. There was no way 10 years ago that we thought we would need the technology based workforce we need now. You are not going to get it by random and the wealthy that are sending their kids to good schools are not going to do the dirty work. The dirty work of the future will be tech driven. Even infantry will need tech skills.

Stop defending broken institutions!! Every frickin' cycle educated idiots make the same case, get billions of dollars of funding, then go on to 'ef it up even more. The DOE has dispensed trillions of dollars on public education and metrics show straight line declines. Inner city schools are smoking hulks of incompetence, and in the suburbs kids don't even know how to properly use pronouns.

Block grant the money to states. Let them compete to see who can do best. Remember all the Reaganesque admonitions about one-size fits all solutions?

We've already fixed education until it's broke.
Stop.
Start over.

"National Strategy" has been an unmitigated disaster.
whiterock
Here's what a six point lead looks like on Election Day

whiterock
FLBear5630
whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

BS.

Stop defending broken institutions!! Every frickin' cycle educated idiots make the same case, get billions of dollars of funding, then go on to 'ef it up even more. The DOE has dispensed trillions of dollars on public education and metrics show straight line declines. Inner city schools are smoking hulks of incompetence, and in the suburbs kids don't even know how to properly use pronouns.

Block grant the money to states. Let them compete to see who can do best. Remember all the Reaganesque admonitions about one-size fits all solutions?

Stop.
Start over.

And nobody can do better. Losers attitude.
whiterock
FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

historian said:

BS.

Stop.
Start over.

And nobody can do better. Losers attitude.
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
-Albert Einstein

historian
The Dept of Education is a waste of taxpayer dollars. It's a bureaucratic cesspool and has done nothing to improve education in America. In fact, by most measures, education has declined during its tenure and it deserves a sizable chunk of the blame.

There is no such thing as good leadership in the federal government anymore. Certainly not in any bloated bureaucracy. Nothing consequential comes from such an organization.
historian
It's easy to make asinine comparisons. Education is not mentioned in the constitution and arguable is not a federal responsibility. Defense is mentioned and is one of the primary functions of a national government. Intelligence, too often a misnomer, is clearly part of the function of national defense.

The CIA has been abused far too much for far too long. It needs to be reigned in and significantly reformed. FBI too along with any agency corrupted by Obama & Biden (actually it hours back to the Cljnton's). No intelligence agency should be spying on Americans, especially presidential candidates, or creating fake scandals to use against candidates. Those in the agency & elsewhere involved in trying to rig elections should be prosecuted and punished adversely. There's a list of 51 of them involved in a single act of fraud & election tampering.

I know you must be smarter than that!
historian
boognish_bear said:

What else do all these guys have in common: they all lost.
First Page Last Page
Page 156 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.