256,901 Views | 5339 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by Whiskey Pete
Jack Bauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Redbrickbear
historian
Not surprising. These people hate babies to the point of wanting to kill as many as possible. They hate young living children to the point of wanting to mutilate their bodies in the name of the trans cult. They cannot even define "woman"!
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Jack Bauer

Realitybites
In France, voters must prove their identity to vote: at the registration (proof of address: phone, water or electricity invoice...and an identity document that proves your nationality (National Identity Card or Passport) and on the day of the vote, in towns larger than 1000 inhabitants, an identity document is required.
Jack Bauer
I wouldn't eat this..

Jack Bauer
"Very fine people on both sides" ???

historian
Jack Bauer said:

"Very fine people on both sides" ???

Ironic that that's the same line they falsely accused Trump of uttering years ago in the wake of violence in Charlotte. The deliberately misstated his position on the event and pilloried him for it. So naturally the cackling hyena says essentially the same thing and no one will bat an eye. Typical Leftist hypocrisy.
FLBear5630
So, what does this mean policy-wise? Mostly immigration? NATO? Ukraine? US-relstuins?

What changes?
whiterock
FLBear5630 said:

So, what does this mean policy-wise? Mostly immigration? NATO? Ukraine? US-relstuins?

What changes?
driven primarily by immigration and law/order issues (which in no small part are connected to the immigration issue). So you should see the age of mass migration may be at its sunset.

I think it's reasonable to conclude this will not bode well for continued support for Ukraine, too, but it's too early to tell. Nobody wants to be tagged with a loss, so an abrupt shut off is not the greatest risk. Rather, the aid just trickles away. Putin has been counting on this, so despite his obvious intel failures in Ukraine, he appears to be reading the tea leaves a lot better on European national sentiments.

I've been saying for almost a year now that the opponents of Ukraine support are slowing winning the argument. Democracies are not hospitable to interminable wars, and electeds are wise to avoid "as long as it takes" policy to the greatest extent possible. If you can win it quick, you need to do so, because stringing it out hoping for the other guy's logistics to fail is risky. Your own public support might fail first.
Realitybites
FLBear5630 said:

What changes?

Hopefully it means an off ramp that avoids WW3. As far as EU-US relations, that depends on if the Dems successfully steal the 2024 relations.
FLBear5630
whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

What changes?
driven primarily by immigration and law/order issues (which in no small part are connected to the immigration issue). So you should see the age of mass migration may be at its sunset.

I think it's reasonable to conclude this will not bode well for continued support for Ukraine, too, but it's too early to tell. Nobody wants to be tagged with a loss, so an abrupt shut off is not the greatest risk. Rather, the aid just trickles away. Putin has been counting on this, so despite his obvious intel failures in Ukraine, he appears to be reading the tea leaves a lot better on European national sentiments.

I've been saying for almost a year now that the opponents of Ukraine support are slowing winning the argument. Democracies are not hospitable to interminable wars, and electeds are wise to avoid "as long as it takes" policy to the greatest extent possible. If you can win it quick, you need to do so, because stringing it out hoping for the other guy's logistics to fail is risky. Your own public support might fail first.
I agree.

Ukraine needs to get to Peace Talks. If aid is going to try up, they need to discretely tell Zelinsky so he can change his stance on Russia keeping Crimea and what they have. Not optimal, but if there is no more aid, reality.

Then, learn from South Korea. Make a DMZ area that will cost too much to cross... Long-ass DMZ

The Ports are what bother me, in the current scenario Ukraine would lost 3 of its top 5 Ports. I would be fearful for Odessa. Ukraine cannot lose Odessa and Chernomorsk and still export.
whiterock
FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

What changes?

I agree.

Ukraine needs to get to Peace Talks. If aid is going to try up, they need to discretely tell Zelinsky so he can change his stance on Russia keeping Crimea and what they have. Not optimal, but if there is no more aid, reality.

Then, learn from South Korea. Make a DMZ area that will cost too much to cross... Long-ass DMZ

The Ports are what bother me, in the current scenario Ukraine would lost 3 of its top 5 Ports. I would be fearful for Odessa. Ukraine cannot lose Odessa and Chernomorsk and still export.
interesting though, is to watch China. Zelensky is accusing them of standing in the way of peace, which makes sense. China doesn't want the war to end. It wants Russia and Nato to bleed each other dry over Ukraine. Nato can bleed Russia dry. The converse is not true, but Ukraine does create a distraction over Taiwan. China hoping we over-commit in Ukraine, thereby limiting our supply chain for Taiwan.
Redbrickbear
whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

What changes?

I agree.

interesting though, is to watch China. Zelensky is accusing them of standing in the way of peace, which makes sense. China doesn't want the war to end. It wants Russia and Nato to bleed each other dry over Ukraine. Nato can bleed Russia dry. The converse is not true, but Ukraine does create a distraction over Taiwan. China hoping we over-commit in Ukraine, thereby limiting our supply chain for Taiwan.

I think its a good point that China likes seeing NATO bleeding in this conflict.

Again that just undermines the whole idea that this proxy war in Ukraine is good for us....it obviously is not if China wants it.

Instead of focusing on China our elites are focused on some ex-soviet state in the frozen lands of East Europe (a poor and rapidly depopulation area of the world)

While China gets to focus on the rich East Asia region and on the resources of Africa.

FLBear5630
whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

What changes?

I agree.

China is in a no lose position. Even if we don't over commit, they want Russia to be successful. It will be used as precedent that the West allowed Russia to take back Ukraine, so their taking control of Taiwan is justified. They also want Russia to owe them, they want those Siberian resources...
whiterock
Redbrickbear said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

What changes?

I agree.

I think its a good point that China likes seeing NATO bleeding in this conflict.

Again that just undermines the whole idea that this proxy war in Ukraine is good for us....it obviously is not if China wants it.
you keep leaping to pre-determined conclusions that ignore cost-benefit and collateral consequences, all premised on the faulty notion that Ukraine matters nothing to us. Russian victory in Ukraine deteriorates out security position and strengthens Russia (not necessarily what China wants....) We are big enough to work both problems at the same time, easily, something both China and Russia know full well.

Instead of focusing on China our elites are focused on some ex-soviet state in the frozen lands of East Europe (a poor and rapidly depopulation area of the world)
Not true. We've been reshaping our forces in Asia to deal with rising Chinese ambitions and retain substantial deterrence.

While China gets to focus on the rich East Asia region and on the resources of Africa.
We are focused on it, too. Always can be said that we need to do more, be we are not in a position of great difficulty, at all.

This is all about the $$$. It will cost money to build up inventories and capabilities.

You cannot balance the budget with bad foreign policy decisions. You have to defend your interests and pay the costs. If economies are needed, they must be found elsewhere. If you think that's not true.....look at Russia and Ukraine. Their first priority is national defense. Everything else serves that. If you wish to minimize the "everything serves that" aspect of war, then invest in deterrence. Invest in allies. And when your adversaries overstep, invest in proxies to box their ears. Whatever the boxing of ears may cost, it pales to the expense of having to level cities with arty tubes and kill your way thru a half-million enemies to force terms upon them.
boognish_bear
I think he's at his happiest when he's campaigning....the dude loves to just get up and riff

boognish_bear
Still not sure which side he hurts more

boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Cobretti
Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer
Translation:
Why are these stupid hicks not voting for Biden??

Doc Holliday
He's sundowning. Exact same behavior that both of my grandfathers had: one had dementia the other had Parkinson's. They were in memory care centers less than a year after those symptoms and turned into vegetables shortly after that.

Biden has been getting bad lately and it's only going to get worse. He may not actually be able to function and Democrats absolutely need to do something about it.
WacoKelly83
Jack Bauer
Doc Holliday said:

He's sundowning. Exact same behavior that both of my grandfathers had: one had dementia the other had Parkinson's. They were in memory care centers less than a year after those symptoms and turned into vegetables shortly after that.

Biden has been getting bad lately and it's only going to get worse. He may not actually be able to function and Democrats absolutely need to do something about it.

The Dems sold their soul in 2020 to elect 78 year old Joe Biden. Nobody should be surprised this is happening. I dont even like Joe Biden but every aging citizen deserves their dignity
whiterock
Jack Bauer said:

Translation:

reflecting an old conventional wisdom of politics: an unpopular incumbent cannot easily win back lost support. most of those voters who left him will either vote against him or not at all.
Cobretti
historian
Jack Bauer said:

Translation:

What world is Brian Stelter living in? What upswing?

The only people benefitting from Biden's economy are illegal aliens & super rich fat cats.
Cobretti
Realitybites
That population change map for Western Europe doesn't mean what you think it means. It's little more than a graphical depiction of the Islamification of Western Europe.

...and I have a little bit of a different interpretation of that 59% vs 19% number. 81% of democrats don't think marriage and children are important (unsurprising), but 40% of the good guys don't.

Those numbers spell doom for a society.
Cobretti
Redbrickbear

I love how we are living in a country where the liberal over class routinely threatens to use military grade violence against the American people.

"Respecting norms and shoring up democratic governance" and all that stuff

chriscbear
We are in the early 4th quarter of a Art Briles Baylor vs a mediocre Big 12 oppentent from ten years ago. Another words its "over with"
Jack Bauer
Redbrickbear said:

I love how we are living in a country where the liberal over class routinely threatens to use military grade violence against the American people.

"Respecting norms and shoring up democratic governance" and all that stuff

If Trump said this....MSM would soil themselves.

Trump threatens citizens!!!!!!
First Page Last Page
Page 145 of 153

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.