436,301 Views | 8387 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by GrowlTowel
FLBear5630
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

He couldn't be more accurate. Trump whining about the "coup" just makes him look weak and scared of Harris. STFU already.

He should instead be playing clips and quoting her nutty and ridiculous comments every chance he gets. Instead, he should be pointing out all of the terrible policies she supported in 2020. Trump and his team are squandering a golden opportunity to expose her for the cackling extremist she is.

This was the danger in running Trump again. We knew that if it was anyone but Biden, running a petty, and elderly re-tread who lost the last election was going to be a tough row to hoe. Now I think we are seeing his weaknesses as a candidate exposed.
He has to get her live. In a debate, an interview or something she has to react.

The Dems are doing a masterful job of NOT letting her talk off script. They are not letting her do press conferences, interviews or anything that requires thought. They are sending surrogates. This is the Biden basement strategy, she will NOT do that before the election. Watch... There will be scheduling conflicts galore.

The strategy is working, the more Trump talks and the less Harris does it is helping Harris. Trump and Vance are a nightmare hand in terms of saying stupid stuff.
Mothra
sombear said:

MT_Bear said:

historian said:

Yes, Trump is weak & a coward! Here is those characteristics on display recently:

He's a whiny ***** that some one here claim has "guts" because he found the bravery to answer some journalists' questions. He's a coward who ducked the military with bone spurs. He's a snowflake who can't take the tiniest criticism without having a full-on meltdown.

You want to vote for him, do so. I support you. But this worshipping of a man with absolute dog**** for character isn't the example we should be setting for our kids.
You're on a roll, and I love it. Truth. And now that he sees he's losing (again) it will only get worse.
MT's absolutely correct. But what you NT's fail to see is the forest through the trees.

What's your alternative, if you are an actual conservative? Stand on "principle," which will lead to 4, and potentially 8 years of a Harris admin? 8 years of disastrous policies? Losing the Supreme Court? Foreign wars, and potentially war with Russia? Open borders? Racking up trillions in debt? 4 to 8 years of woke social policies? Legislation mandating the right to an abortion?

Can't stand Trump. But when the alternative for conservatives is to put a gun to their head and pull the trigger, I'll take DT every time.
Mothra
FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

He couldn't be more accurate. Trump whining about the "coup" just makes him look weak and scared of Harris. STFU already.

He should instead be playing clips and quoting her nutty and ridiculous comments every chance he gets. Instead, he should be pointing out all of the terrible policies she supported in 2020. Trump and his team are squandering a golden opportunity to expose her for the cackling extremist she is.

This was the danger in running Trump again. We knew that if it was anyone but Biden, running a petty, and elderly re-tread who lost the last election was going to be a tough row to hoe. Now I think we are seeing his weaknesses as a candidate exposed.
He has to get her live. In a debate, an interview or something she has to react.

The Dems are doing a masterful job of NOT letting her talk off script. They are not letting her do press conferences, interviews or anything that requires thought. They are sending surrogates. This is the Biden basement strategy, she will NOT do that before the election. Watch... There will be scheduling conflicts galore.

The strategy is working, the more Trump talks and the less Harris does it is helping Harris. Trump and Vance are a nightmare hand in terms of saying stupid stuff.
Vance was a terrible choice. He's not terrible on policy, but when you had so many good options at your disposal to bring in a broader swath of Republican voters, choosing the white dude from Ohio was a huge mistake. Just think how the cries of racist would have been stemmed had someone like Tim Scott been the VP? Or Rubio.

We can think Trump Jr. for that one.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
MT_Bear said:

TinFoilHatPreacherBear said:

MT_Bear said:

TinFoilHatPreacherBear said:

MT_Bear said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

cms186 said:

MT_Bear said:

That Trump interview was such a ****show. That man is the most petty, insecure little snowflake I've ever seen.
I mean, to go to an event SPECIFICALLY for Black Journalists and insult the racial identity of someone of Black Heritage is just a ridiculously dumb move by anyone's standards, surely?

Brilliant
Sister Soulja (kinda)
He went into the lions' den & was treated rudely
Do you think he lost vows?

Every time Trump strolls into a convention of the Libertarian party or a sea of politically active liberal Black journalists and has the guts to mix it up with them…we have the people who come out and say "this made Trump look bad"

lol….its all so comical

Trump might not gain votes…but he does not lose votes having the guts to do these kind of hostile events
Guts? A man who wants to be president has to have "guts" to answer questioned lobbed by a decent journalist? Does said man also need "guts" to whine like a *****y little snowflake the whole time? Surely you're joking. Lose votes, gain votes, whatever, Trump looked absolutely pathetic.

Guts. The dude despite his flaws has guts.
The dude is the whiniest snowflake in the whole damn country. Guts, my ass. Big boy stiffened his upper lip and by god answered some questions, whining like a petulant little child the whole time, golly gee whiz what a man.

Yep, dude got shot at, hit and bloodied, and stood defiant. Takes guts.

Not a single one of us would have expected that out of a politician. Normally we'd expect them to slink away under the cover of other people's lives.

Trump has lots of flaws, but the dude has stones. You don't have to like it, but I'm betting if the roles were reversed you'd slink away. No one would blame you. But Trump stood fast. Admirable really.
Again, bull****, He is the whiniest, flakiest of snowflakes we've ever seen. He moans and *****es about how everything is so unfair to him, the man who was born with a silver spoon in their mouth.

I didn't "slink away" when stationed overseas. Trump "slinked away" from serving his country by complaining about bone spurs.

Nothing about Trump is admirable. Note I'm not making any argument about how you should vote, I'm simply making an argument against the pathetic hero-worship of the sniveling, cowardly, dishonest, whiny snowflake that is Trump.

Why are you are whining so much? He has stones, everyone not suffering from TDS can see that.
He has stood and faced the most hostile, outrageous, tyrannical, lying media and politicians, and he's still standing and swinging. That's not even up for debate, well at least not for normal rational people.
boognish_bear
4th and Inches
Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

he should have picked Vivek as his VP..
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

#50 KAIAN ROBERTS-DAY ( DL )
CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
sombear
Mothra said:

sombear said:

MT_Bear said:

historian said:

Yes, Trump is weak & a coward! Here is those characteristics on display recently:

He's a whiny ***** that some one here claim has "guts" because he found the bravery to answer some journalists' questions. He's a coward who ducked the military with bone spurs. He's a snowflake who can't take the tiniest criticism without having a full-on meltdown.

You want to vote for him, do so. I support you. But this worshipping of a man with absolute dog**** for character isn't the example we should be setting for our kids.
You're on a roll, and I love it. Truth. And now that he sees he's losing (again) it will only get worse.
MT's absolutely correct. But what you NT's fail to see is the forest through the trees.

What's your alternative, if you are an actual conservative? Stand on "principle," which will lead to 4, and potentially 8 years of a Harris admin? 8 years of disastrous policies? Losing the Supreme Court? Foreign wars, and potentially war with Russia? Open borders? Racking up trillions in debt? 4 to 8 years of woke social policies? Legislation mandating the right to an abortion?

Can't stand Trump. But when the alternative for conservatives is to put a gun to their head and pull the trigger, I'll take DT every time.
Yes, the principle argument is a strong one.

But, more for me is the faster we move past Trump the faster we'll be a serious party and earn back some credibility and moral stature. My family and I will be fine; my Company will be fine; Christians will be fine; and heck, the Country will be fine under another 4 years of a Dem - especially with either a GOP House or Senate.
The damage Trump is doing and will continue to do will have more long term damage to the conservative cause.
Mothra
sombear said:

Mothra said:

sombear said:

MT_Bear said:

historian said:

But, more for me is the faster we move past Trump the faster we'll be a serious party and earn back some credibility and moral stature. My family and I will be fine; my Company will be fine; Christians will be fine; and heck, the Country will be fine under another 4 years of a Dem - especially with either a GOP House or Senate.
The damage Trump is doing and will continue to do will have more long term damage to the conservative cause.
If it is a strong argument, you've done a very poor job of making it. Your principled position isn't actually all that principled when one considers the other viable alternative. An easy argument could be made that your position is even less principled, given that you're perfectly fine with 4-8 years of Harris. You'd prefer to burn down the house than to work with the people inside it. Respectfully, that type of incalcitrant position is not very principled.

Like it or not, Trump has changed the party permanently, IMO - in some ways for the better, in some ways for the worse. Sorry, but I think you're living in a fantasy world if you believe the party is going back to the days of George Bush, John McCain, or Mitt Romney, if that is your fancy. That kind of Republican hasn't won an election since 2004.

And is that what we really want as conservatives? Endless interventionism and wars abroad? A war footing with all of our enemies? Doing next to nothing to stem illegal immigration? Failing to put actual conservatives on the bench? Shipping our jobs abroad? Spending like liberals? And being milquetoast on conservative positions that matter? Nah, no thanks. That isn't winning any elections anytime soon.

While I am no fan of Trump's spending habits, and don't agree with all of his protectionist policies, I do think he has added an element to the party that wasn't there before - the blue collar worker. There is something to be said about expanding the populist aspects of the party to include a much broader swath of people than traditional conservatives. Those are good things. And the Republicans need those people desperately, if we are ever going to have a chance at winning future elections. Mitt Romney isn't going to cut it.

As for the country the next 4 to 8 years, if your argument is simply "I will be fine," then respectfully, I don't think you're up on current events. Great damage has been done the last 4 years. The good news is we were only 4 years removed from a Trump presidency. But another 4-8 years? Kiss the Supreme Court goodbye. Say hello to endless conflicts abroad and a potential war with Russia. Say hello to illegal immigrants continuing to flow through our borders.

If by fine you mean the country will not end, well sure, I suppose unless we end up in a nuclear conflict with Russia which, just FYI, we are closer to than at any point since the Cuban missile crisis.

Your arguments are less than convincing.
Waco1947
tinfoil: "Yep, dude got shot at, hit and bloodied, and stood defiant. Takes guts. To get shot at does not take guts and what the heck does 'Defiant' mean? Defiant to what? Every presidential candidate has guts to go out in public knowing crazies are out there to shoot them.

Normally we'd expect them to slink away under the cover of other people's lives. Based what evidence that others would slink away?

Trump has lots of flaws, but the dude has stones. You don't have to like it, but I'm betting if the roles were reversed you'd slink away. No one would blame you. But Trump stood fast. Admirable really. Every presidential candidate has guts to go out in public knowing crazies are out there to shoot them.
4th and Inches
Waco1947 said:

tinfoil: "Yep, dude got shot at, hit and bloodied, and stood defiant. Takes guts. To get shot at does not take guts and what the heck does 'Defiant' mean? Defiant to what? Every presidential candidate has guts to go out in public knowing crazies are out there to shoot them.

Normally we'd expect them to slink away under the cover of other people's lives. Based what evidence that others would slink away?

Trump has lots of flaws, but the dude has stones. You don't have to like it, but I'm betting if the roles were reversed you'd slink away. No one would blame you. But Trump stood fast. Admirable really. Every presidential candidate has guts to go out in public knowing crazies are out there to shoot them.
your canidate forgot to show up at the black journalist convention
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
whitetrash
4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

She was Indian yesterday. She won't be black again until next Monday.
FLBear5630
4th and Inches said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

If he is looking to fight Harris, Haley was the choice. Vivek, Vance, etc do not bring anything different to the ticket. Haley brings the Neo-Con, Moderate women you all hate so much, but Trump needs to win. If looking to neutralize Haley, VP is the best place. Put her anywhere she performs, she is a threat to 28. Leave her out, she will attack from the outside and have 4 year running start. Haley was the choice versus a Harris/Kelly ticket.
Redbrickbear
FLBear5630 said:

4th and Inches said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

Haley brings the Neo-Con, Moderate women you all hate so much

I can't tell if you are saying we hate Neo-Cons or moderate women.

I don't hate moderate women…I'm married to one

I would shoot a Neo-Con for fun

Mothra
Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

4th and Inches said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

I say this as respectfully as I can, as I am sure your wife is a lovely person, but...

God help you.
sombear
Mothra said:

sombear said:

Mothra said:

sombear said:

MT_Bear said:

historian said:

If it is a strong argument, you've done a very poor job of making it. Your principled position isn't actually all that principled when one considers the other viable alternative. An easy argument could be made that your position is even less principled, given that you're perfectly fine with 4-8 years of Harris. You'd prefer to burn down the house than to work with the people inside it. Respectfully, that type of incalcitrant position is not very principled.

Like it or not, Trump has changed the party permanently, IMO - in some ways for the better, in some ways for the worse. Sorry, but I think you're living in a fantasy world if you believe the party is going back to the days of George Bush, John McCain, or Mitt Romney, if that is your fancy. That kind of Republican hasn't won an election since 2004.

And is that what we really want as conservatives? Endless interventionism and wars abroad? A war footing with all of our enemies? Doing next to nothing to stem illegal immigration? Failing to put actual conservatives on the bench? Shipping our jobs abroad? Spending like liberals? And being milquetoast on conservative positions that matter? Nah, no thanks. That isn't winning any elections anytime soon.

While I am no fan of Trump's spending habits, and don't agree with all of his protectionist policies, I do think he has added an element to the party that wasn't there before - the blue collar worker. There is something to be said about expanding the populist aspects of the party to include a much broader swath of people than traditional conservatives. Those are good things. And the Republicans need those people desperately, if we are ever going to have a chance at winning future elections. Mitt Romney isn't going to cut it.

As for the country the next 4 to 8 years, if your argument is simply "I will be fine," then respectfully, I don't think you're up on current events. Great damage has been done the last 4 years. The good news is we were only 4 years removed from a Trump presidency. But another 4-8 years? Kiss the Supreme Court goodbye. Say hello to endless conflicts abroad and a potential war with Russia. Say hello to illegal immigrants continuing to flow through our borders.

If by fine you mean the country will not end, well sure, I suppose unless we end up in a nuclear conflict with Russia which, just FYI, we are closer to than at any point since the Cuban missile crisis.

They are two separate arguments. As to principle, it's simply that Trump does meet the already low character bar to be President and has not earned a vote.

The second argument is that I'm willing to sacrifice some things short to win long term. That's hardly a novel position in any facet of life.

Speaking of weak arguments, it's not Trump v. McCain and Romney (who by the way were/are great men). There are many outstanding Republican governors, senators, and private sector folks who hold positions similar to Trump's and thankfully happen to be decent human beings.

And, as I've posted multiple times over the years, Trump is hardly different on policy than the establishment folks you disdain. He talked a big game on immigration but did not do a whole lot and actually offered amnesty to the Dems (which he criticized all of his primary competitors for).

He spent more than anyone.

I always get a kick of "he's against endless wars." Well, he supported both Iraq invasions before he ran for President. He gave Ukraine weapons and will continue to do so. He's strongly pro-Israel. He increased drone strikes. He took terrorists left and right. He had us in Syria. Worse (to those who complain about necocons and wars all the time) is he is now saying he wanted to keep the Bagram base, which would have meant keeping thousands of soldiers in Afghanistan. He also greatly increased defense spending and says he wants increase it even more.

The primary difference between Trump and run-of-the-mill conservatives is that he's a loudmouth, law-breaking, military-dodging, philandering, sore loser jerk.
4th and Inches
FLBear5630 said:

4th and Inches said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

If he is looking to fight Harris, Haley was the choice. Vivek, Vance, etc do not bring anything different to the ticket. Haley brings the Neo-Con, Moderate women you all hate so much, but Trump needs to win. If looking to neutralize Haley, VP is the best place. Put her anywhere she performs, she is a threat to 28. Leave her out, she will attack from the outside and have 4 year running start. Haley was the choice versus a Harris/Kelly ticket.
when vivek speaks, he imakes sense. No way would he be making the craptastic interviews that Vance is
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
FLBear5630
Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

4th and Inches said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

I can't tell if you are saying we hate Neo-Cons or moderate women.

I would shoot a Neo-Con for fun

Noted. I will make sure you are in the Ok with moderate women... : )

Maybe suburban women is a better choice, he needs them to win and they do not like him.
FLBear5630
4th and Inches said:

FLBear5630 said:

4th and Inches said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

when vivek speaks, he imakes sense. No way would he be making the craptastic interviews that Vance is
That is true... He just doesn't help the numbers, it is a numbers game at some point. We are there...
Mothra
sombear said:

Mothra said:

sombear said:

Mothra said:

sombear said:

MT_Bear said:

historian said:

They are two separate arguments. As to principle, it's simply that Trump does meet the already low character bar to be President and has not earned a vote.

The second argument is that I'm willing to sacrifice some things short to win long term. That's hardly a novel position in any facet of life.

Speaking of weak arguments, it's not Trump v. McCain and Romney (who by the way were/are great men). There are many outstanding Republican governors, senators, and private sector folks who hold positions similar to Trump's and thankfully happen to be decent human beings.

And, as I've posted multiple times over the years, Trump is hardly different on policy than the establishment folks you disdain. He talked a big game on immigration but did not do a whole lot and actually offered amnesty to the Dems (which he criticized all of his primary competitors for).

He spent more than anyone.

I always get a kick of "he's against endless wars." Well, he supported both Iraq invasions before he ran for President. He gave Ukraine weapons and will continue to do so. He's strongly pro-Israel. He increased drone strikes. He took terrorists left and right. He had us in Syria. Worse (to those who complain about necocons and wars all the time) is he is now saying he wanted to keep the Bagram base, which would have meant keeping thousands of soldiers in Afghanistan. He also greatly increased defense spending and says he wants increase it even more.

The primary difference between Trump and run-of-the-mill conservatives is that he's a loudmouth, law-breaking, military-dodging, philandering, sore loser jerk.
Scattershooting...

1) Sacrificing the Supreme Court is not a short term sacrifice. Sacrificing a foreign policy of endless wars abroad is not a short term sacrifice. 8 years of Harris is not a short term sacrifice. These each have long-lasting repercussions, well past any one presidency.

2) McCain and Romney - I think we have very different definitions of what makes men great. McCain was a self-professed "hothead" who couldn't find a war he didn't like. Hell, his actions in Ukraine alone were despicable, and largely responsible for where it now finds itself. That guy wanted to bomb the **** out of everyone. His bloodlust was well-documented. And in his personal life, he was a largely poor and undisciplined member of the armed forced, and a serial philanderer. Romney in his personal life was a decent man, but speaking of someone who was largely no different from a moderate Democrat in his policies, that was Romney. He was also likewise a war hawk. His admin wouldn't have looked all that different from Obamas.

3) We agree there were much better choices than Trump. Who would you have liked to have seen?

4) Whether you think Trump is different policy wise on his foreign policy or not, what we know for fact is that in 4 years, he avoided major skirmishes and wars and kept the world at peace. We didn't see anything like what we are seeing under Biden (or under Bush). Does that mean he was a peacenik? No, and I never suggested he was, or that a peacenik is what we wanted. But his responses were proportionate and measured. That is what you want in a president. So when we look at the resume, it's actually MUCH different than Biden or Bush.

5) Illegal immigration has more than doubled under the Biden admin. I am not sure how that is not viewed as measurably worse than the Trump admin.

6) I wish Trump was a better person, no question. And while I think there ARE key differences between Trump and the other conservatives I mentioned that you've conveniently discounted, I again agree that there are any number of candidates who would have been better than Trump. But again, let's look at context. The choice is between 1) a loudmouth, law-breaking, military-dodging, philandering, sore loser jerk that just so happens to adhere to conservative policy for the most part; or 2) a stupid, unqualified, inauthentic, race-baiting, incompetent far left buffoon.

The choice is quite simple to any "principled" conservative.
boognish_bear
Not sure if these kind of moves help him with independent voters. Focus on her record and not her ethnicity.

boognish_bear
Mothra
boognish_bear said:

Not sure if these kind of moves help him with independent voters. Focus on her record and not her ethnicity.

SMDH.
4th and Inches
Dont agree with the courss of actuon but he is showing yall something..

hell, she spoke with a southern accent the other day. She molds herself and her mannerisms to the crowd. The bends in the wind for support.

He should be hammering policy and 4 years of bad decisions.
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
Jack Bauer
Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

SMDH.
This just goes to show that race has become meaningless with each generation.

There are more interracial marriages each year, more interracial kids born each year.

When Kamala can chameleon from Black to Indian to suit the narrative, it just goes to show that someone's race is not as big a deal as it was 50 yeas ago.
boognish_bear
Waco1947
4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

Was she invited?
boognish_bear
Waco1947
whitetrash said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

What a silly argument. You can be both.
4th and Inches
Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

Was she invited?
yes, she was in fact invited..

Harris could not speak in person at the convention due to logistical reasons, including the funeral of Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX) and finalizing a vice presidential nominee.

She offered alternatives and they declined.
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
4th and Inches
Waco1947 said:

whitetrash said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

What a silly argument. You can be both.
love yall some identity politics dont ya
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
GrowlTowel
sombear said:

MT_Bear said:

historian said:

Yea! 22 million illegals and counting. Go Dems Go!
boognish_bear
FLBear5630
Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

SMDH.

This is a losing move. He is not going to win votes and will lose them as well. Who is the idiot advising him?
FLBear5630
4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

Was she invited?
yes, she was in fact invited..

Harris could not speak in person at the convention due to logistical reasons, including the funeral of Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX) and finalizing a vice presidential nominee.

She offered alternatives and they declined.

You will not see her do anything that is not choreographed and controlled by Obama. He and Bill are calling the shots. Kamala has no say and will not answer anything on her own. Surrogates, surrogates, surrogates.

This is a masterful strategy.
boognish_bear
FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

SMDH.

This is a losing move. He is not going to win votes and will lose them as well. Who is the idiot advising him?

I don't think he can be advised. After he got shot we were supposed to get the nicer Trump focused on unifying. That lasted 24 hours.

I don't really need him to be "nice" per se....but I would like him to be smart....and im not seeing that.
First Page Last Page
Page 177 of 240

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.