436,016 Views | 8386 Replies | Last: 17 min ago by Osodecentx
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That sounds like standard procedure for Dems in America. That's part of how they stole 2020 plus lots of other races before. Remember the fake senator from SNL? That's just one prominent example. They have been doing this kind of thing for decades.
Aliceinbubbleland
historian said:

Kyle Rittenhouse is still a kid
Yeah. The same age as the nut who tried to assasinate Trump. Now he is retracting the statement he made. We haven't heard the last from this guy and it won't be good.
Astros in Home Stretch Geaux Texans
J.R.
The_barBEARian said:

You remind me of where I was 4 or 8 years ago when I still had a sliver of hope for this country and would desperately try to reason with idiots to vote in their best interest.

Now I realize the country is a dead man walking... even if Trump wins he can't stop this ship from sinking in one term after Biden let 40 million foreign invaders pour into our country over the last 4 years.

Best thing to do is prepare yourself for a miserable future and I feel sorry for your kids bcs they don't deserve this at all.
Meow
Osodecentx
Aliceinbubbleland said:

historian said:

Yeah. The same age as the nut who tried to assasinate Trump. Now he is retracting the statement he made. We haven't heard the last from this guy and it won't be good.

Why do we care who kR votes for?
J.R.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear said:

sombear said:

Mothra said:

sombear said:

Whiskey Pete said:

Mothra said:

sombear said:

MT_Bear said:

historian said:

Yes, Trump is weak & a coward! Here is those characteristics on display recently:

He's a whiny ***** that some one here claim has "guts" because he found the bravery to answer some journalists' questions. He's a coward who ducked the military with bone spurs. He's a snowflake who can't take the tiniest criticism without having a full-on meltdown.

You want to vote for him, do so. I support you. But this worshipping of a man with absolute dog**** for character isn't the example we should be setting for our kids.
You're on a roll, and I love it. Truth. And now that he sees he's losing (again) it will only get worse.
MT's absolutely correct. But what you NT's fail to see is the forest through the trees.

What's your alternative, if you are an actual conservative? Stand on "principle," which will lead to 4, and potentially 8 years of a Harris admin? 8 years of disastrous policies? Losing the Supreme Court? Foreign wars, and potentially war with Russia? Open borders? Racking up trillions in debt? 4 to 8 years of woke social policies? Legislation mandating the right to an abortion?

Can't stand Trump. But when the alternative for conservatives is to put a gun to their head and pull the trigger, I'll take DT every time.
Eh, he hates Trump more than he loves America.

I hate Trump because I love America. We're better than him. He's everything I was raised not to be and that I raise my boys not to be.
You're a smart poster, and we probably agree 95% of the time, but your logic here is truly baffling.

I am a dad of three boys, and I likewise raised my boys to be good and decent men. In that regard, there isn't a single president in their lifetimes that I've held up as role models or someone to emulate. To the contrary, every single one of them had significant character flaws.

The real questions you should be asking yourself is this: Will a Kamala presidency be better for my boys? Will her decisions and policies be better for their futures?

My answers to these questions is why I believe that as a conservative, the only ethical and moral vote is Trump. And I say that as someone who agrees with you on Trump. It galls me that he is the only viable option for me and my family.
Here's the thing. I totally get your position. Heck, it was my position in '16 and '20. It remains the position of my parents and my sister, my wife, her parents and brothers, and our two sons (though one is waffling). My daughter and I are all alone in Now Never Trump Land . . . but I could no longer look her or my sons in the eye and justify Trump support.

And it's all a matter of degree. It's a balancing of Trump's lack of character with short and long term consequences of the Dems winning in '24. In my and my daughter's view, that balance now militates against Trump. I can no longer support him and truly believe we'll be better off in the long run if we wash our hands now - rip the band aid off.

You say there's not a single President . . . . But I have a different standard. I obviously don't expect perfection or near perfection. Or a choir boy. Just a basic level of decency. I think other than Trump only one or two candidates in my lifetime (I'm 55) fail that test.

I became interested in politics late in college because I was appalled that a draft-dodging, philandering, lying Slick Willy could beat Bush Sr, a war hero, family man, with character.

And some of it I understand was probably wishful thinking, but I always considered the GOP as the party who took character seriously. Who stood for traditional Judeo Christian values and what is good and right. Trump has completely taken that away.

Nah, "can't look them in the eyes" is just BS thinking imo. Sorry to be blunt, you're a great poster. You're just making an emotional response to not liking Trump and trying to "hyper-spiritualize" your vote.

You live in a secular society. As Christians we're not going to always get candidates we like. If we have to vote for Christian men or women only, we may be sitting out all elections. That'd be bad for us and society. And the vote is not an endorsement of everything about an individual. You are pretending that it is, but you KNOW it is not. Likewise we make consumer transactions in our society, not everyone of them is with great companies... or politicians if we're talking voting. Christians are called to be good stewards with things, your vote is one of those things. If Trump had done a bad or immoral job as president, you'd be somewhat justified, but the objective reality is that Trump was a very effective president. But that's not enough for those like you that falsely make your vote a sacrament. It's not, it's just a vote for best path forward given two options. The vote is clear, thankfully there are Christians who don't abdicate the privilege of voting.

Now, you've backed yourself up into a corner and youre stuck because you can't back down at this point. So you'll waste your vote on legalistic and false premises.
that is. just short sighted. I have never hired a person based on if they are Christian. That is just dumb.
boognish_bear
That has got to make Shapiro pretty tempting...

TinFoilHatPreacherBear
J.R. said:

sombear said:

Mothra said:

sombear said:

Whiskey Pete said:

Mothra said:

sombear said:

MT_Bear said:

historian said:

Yes, Trump is weak & a coward! Here is those characteristics on display recently:

He's a whiny ***** that some one here claim has "guts" because he found the bravery to answer some journalists' questions. He's a coward who ducked the military with bone spurs. He's a snowflake who can't take the tiniest criticism without having a full-on meltdown.

You want to vote for him, do so. I support you. But this worshipping of a man with absolute dog**** for character isn't the example we should be setting for our kids.
You're on a roll, and I love it. Truth. And now that he sees he's losing (again) it will only get worse.
MT's absolutely correct. But what you NT's fail to see is the forest through the trees.

What's your alternative, if you are an actual conservative? Stand on "principle," which will lead to 4, and potentially 8 years of a Harris admin? 8 years of disastrous policies? Losing the Supreme Court? Foreign wars, and potentially war with Russia? Open borders? Racking up trillions in debt? 4 to 8 years of woke social policies? Legislation mandating the right to an abortion?

Can't stand Trump. But when the alternative for conservatives is to put a gun to their head and pull the trigger, I'll take DT every time.

I hate Trump because I love America. We're better than him. He's everything I was raised not to be and that I raise my boys not to be.
You're a smart poster, and we probably agree 95% of the time, but your logic here is truly baffling.

I am a dad of three boys, and I likewise raised my boys to be good and decent men. In that regard, there isn't a single president in their lifetimes that I've held up as role models or someone to emulate. To the contrary, every single one of them had significant character flaws.

The real questions you should be asking yourself is this: Will a Kamala presidency be better for my boys? Will her decisions and policies be better for their futures?

My answers to these questions is why I believe that as a conservative, the only ethical and moral vote is Trump. And I say that as someone who agrees with you on Trump. It galls me that he is the only viable option for me and my family.
Here's the thing. I totally get your position. Heck, it was my position in '16 and '20. It remains the position of my parents and my sister, my wife, her parents and brothers, and our two sons (though one is waffling). My daughter and I are all alone in Now Never Trump Land . . . but I could no longer look her or my sons in the eye and justify Trump support.

And it's all a matter of degree. It's a balancing of Trump's lack of character with short and long term consequences of the Dems winning in '24. In my and my daughter's view, that balance now militates against Trump. I can no longer support him and truly believe we'll be better off in the long run if we wash our hands now - rip the band aid off.

You say there's not a single President . . . . But I have a different standard. I obviously don't expect perfection or near perfection. Or a choir boy. Just a basic level of decency. I think other than Trump only one or two candidates in my lifetime (I'm 55) fail that test.

I became interested in politics late in college because I was appalled that a draft-dodging, philandering, lying Slick Willy could beat Bush Sr, a war hero, family man, with character.

And some of it I understand was probably wishful thinking, but I always considered the GOP as the party who took character seriously. Who stood for traditional Judeo Christian values and what is good and right. Trump has completely taken that away.

Nah, "can't look them in the eyes" is just BS thinking imo. Sorry to be blunt, you're a great poster. You're just making an emotional response to not liking Trump and trying to "hyper-spiritualize" your vote.

You live in a secular society. As Christians we're not going to always get candidates we like. If we have to vote for Christian men or women only, we may be sitting out all elections. That'd be bad for us and society. And the vote is not an endorsement of everything about an individual. You are pretending that it is, but you KNOW it is not. Likewise we make consumer transactions in our society, not everyone of them is with great companies... or politicians if we're talking voting. Christians are called to be good stewards with things, your vote is one of those things. If Trump had done a bad or immoral job as president, you'd be somewhat justified, but the objective reality is that Trump was a very effective president. But that's not enough for those like you that falsely make your vote a sacrament. It's not, it's just a vote for best path forward given two options. The vote is clear, thankfully there are Christians who don't abdicate the privilege of voting.

Now, you've backed yourself up into a corner and youre stuck because you can't back down at this point. So you'll waste your vote on legalistic and false premises.
that is. just short sighted. I have never hired a person based on if they are Christian. That is just dumb.

Wow, we agree. But to be fair sombear wasn't saying exactly that, but it's pretty close to what he's saying.
sombear

J.R. said:

sombear said:

Mothra said:

sombear said:

Whiskey Pete said:

Mothra said:

sombear said:

MT_Bear said:

historian said:

Wow, we agree. But to be fair sombear wasn't saying exactly that, but it's pretty close to what he's saying.
Hey . . . it might be out of fashion, but by and large I'd prefer to associate most closely with Christians - work, friends, or other. Nothing against anyone else, and of course, as I say that, a good chunk of my closest friends and colleagues are not Christians . . . .

But I'd support a politician of any religion or no religion at all as long as the cleared the lowest of character bars.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
sombear said:

J.R. said:

sombear said:

Mothra said:

sombear said:

Whiskey Pete said:

Mothra said:

sombear said:

MT_Bear said:

historian said:

Hey . . . it might be out of fashion, but by and large I'd prefer to associate most closely with Christians - work, friends, or other. Nothing against anyone else, and of course, as I say that, a good chunk of my closest friends and colleagues are not Christians . . . .

But I'd support a politician of any religion or no religion at all as long as the cleared the lowest of character bars.

Sure, My preference as well.
The_barBEARian
boognish_bear said:

The problem with Shapiro is that he's an Israeli agent and the core democrat base will turn on them if they install a hardcore pro-Zionist VP
Aliceinbubbleland
Osodecentx said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

historian said:

Why do we care who kR votes for?
We don't but nut jobs do.
Astros in Home Stretch Geaux Texans
The_barBEARian
J.R. said:

The_barBEARian said:

You remind me of where I was 4 or 8 years ago when I still had a sliver of hope for this country and would desperately try to reason with idiots to vote in their best interest.

Now I realize the country is a dead man walking... even if Trump wins he can't stop this ship from sinking in one term after Biden let 40 million foreign invaders pour into our country over the last 4 years.

Best thing to do is prepare yourself for a miserable future and I feel sorry for your kids bcs they don't deserve this at all.
Meow

The silver lining to Kamala winning is there's a chance she nationalizes our oil and gas and sends you to the bread lines.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
The_barBEARian said:

boognish_bear said:

The problem with Shapiro is that he's an Israeli agent and the core democrat base will turn on them if they install a hardcore pro-Zionist VP

The party of haters. They hate Trump more than they hate jews. Won't lose any votes, it's the smart play.
Jack Bauer
boognish_bear said:

We can all breathe again...KR is back in the fold

Kyle Rittenhouse's endorsement is about as important to me as LeBron James. Stop listening to celebrities, ask the people you trust who they are voting for
Redbrickbear
boognish_bear
Redbrickbear said:

That is the best I've heard him in awhile. He comes off better here than what I've seen on the rally stages.

He needs to leave the attempted jokes to the top of the ticket and not try to recapture Trump's persona. Just be himself.
Osodecentx

The_barBEARian said:

boognish_bear said:

The party of haters. They hate Trump more than they hate jews. Won't lose any votes, it's the smart play.

Did you read his post? He said the governor or Pennsylvania is an Israeli agent
You take him seriously?
Redbrickbear
Osodecentx said:

The_barBEARian said:

boognish_bear said:

You take him seriously?

Did he actually serve in the Israeli military?

Osodecentx
Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

The_barBEARian said:

boognish_bear said:

You take him seriously?

Obama was born in Kenya.
Kamala isn't Black

Focus on those issues
Redbrickbear
Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

The_barBEARian said:

boognish_bear said:

You take him seriously?

Obama was born in Kenya.
Kamala isn't Black

Focus on those issues

1 was speculation

2 was/is a matter of opinion

3 is a fact….and should be a national scandal

The_barBEARian
Osodecentx said:

The_barBEARian said:

boognish_bear said:

You take him seriously?

I hope they pick him!

It will kill them in the general election.

boognish_bear
Redbrickbear
The_barBEARian said:

Osodecentx said:

The_barBEARian said:

boognish_bear said:

You take him seriously?

I hope they pick him!

It will kill them in the general election.

TinFoilHatPreacherBear
Osodecentx said:

The_barBEARian said:

boognish_bear said:

You take him seriously?

I did not care one way way or the other. Just responding to the idea that several have expressed here that him being a jew will lose votes. That may normally be the case, but Progressives hate Trump more..

As for him being an agent, it's weird that you're so adamant that he's not. Pretty common for foreign countries to pay politicians for information or consideration. He volunteered to serve, has significant Jewish backing, and is pro Israeli. I have no idea if he is or isn't, but certainly wouldn't rule anything out. Politicians are regularly for sale. That's how they get the funds to get elected.

Oldbear83
Looking at this, Shapiro may not move the needle as much as Democrats hope ...

"The poll found that 6 in 10 U.S. adults including 57% of Democrats don't know enough to have an opinion about Shapiro. About 2 in 10 Americans view him favorably, and a similar share view him unfavorably.

The picture isn't very different among Democrats. About one-quarter of Democrats have a positive view of Shapiro, while 16% have a negative view. Older Democrats are more likely than younger ones to have a favorable opinion of Shapiro, but overall, most have yet to develop a view."

"In the Northeast, 4 in 10 U.S. adults have a favorable view of him. Another 4 in 10, roughly, don't know enough to have an opinion of him, while about 2 in 10 Northeasterners view him negatively."

https://www.fox29.com/news/gov-josh-shapiro-what-polling-reveals-about-top-vp-contenders-kamala-harris
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
KaiBear

KaiBear said:

whiterock said:

More bad fundamentals for Democrats

Women will vote their 'feelings'.

Period

I have to believe that the pocket-book vote wins out, otherwise it means the country is lost because it shows that the propaganda is too strong for sane Americans to win an election against the establishment candidates.

Agreed, that this country is lost if Harris picks the next three Supreme Court justices .

Propaganda certainly plays a huge role, but so does decades of dumbing down our electorate.

boognish_bear
Realitybites
If the democrats win, they are going to pack the court.

1. Suspend the filibuster.
2. Pass legislation expanding the court from 9 to 12.

They have said as much and there are several dark money leftist foundations pushing this.
Mothra
Redbrickbear said:

Agreed. This is a much more articulate way of saying what Trump was trying to say, and it's exactly right.

So wish we had a better mouthpiece to convey the message.
Mothra
Realitybites said:

They have said as much and there are several dark money leftist foundations pushing this.
I think they will certainly attempt this, which is why it is so foolish for anyone to believe that 4-8 years of a Harris admin won't affect us much.

Such an incredibly naive view.
KaiBear
Mothra said:

Realitybites said:

I think they will certainly attempt this, which is why it is so foolish for anyone to believe that 4-8 years of a Harris admin won't affect us much.

Harris is far more of a radical than Joe Biden.

Far more of a hater.

If Harris gets elected it's totally game over.
Waco1947
4th and Inches said:

47, why does the admin keep adjusting those job numbers down? Usually months after they were publicly announced as awesome, they quietly adjust them down.
New data
But the total is 15 million new jobs; that is, through all of the up and downs month over month
Waco1947 ,la
Waco1947
Mothra said:

Redbrickbear said:

Agreed. This is a much more articulate way of saying what Trump was trying to say, and it's exactly right.

So wish we had a better mouthpiece to convey the message.
He obliterated nothing. The reporter was asking questions and did not argue with Vance's answers which said nothing.
Look Trump is one thing at Evangelical Christian conferences, another at bit coin, another a black conferences and another at his rallies.
Waco1947 ,la
FLBear5630
KaiBear said:

Mothra said:

Realitybites said:

Harris is far more of a radical than Joe Biden.

Far more of a hater.

If Harris gets elected it's totally game over.
Agree. Trump is not doing anything since her selection to help himself.
FLBear5630
Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

47, why does the admin keep adjusting those job numbers down? Usually months after they were publicly announced as awesome, they quietly adjust them down.
New data
But the total is 15 million new jobs; that is, through all of the up and downs month over month
Come on, that is coming off a Pandemic. Is it 15 million jobs over pre-Pandemic?

It works for all the Presidents, Obama after 08 was all of a sudden a job creator. Reagan after Carter. Clinton after Bush 88 Recession.

The Bush 88 was the interesting one. He is the last President to tell the truth and he got destroyed for it No New Taxes, when he saw the financial situation which called for raising taxes he was honest and got destroyed for breaking his word. He did the right thing based on the conditions and tried to be "fiscally responsible" and was destroyed. SInce then, we get lip service.

It is cyclical, no economy can have constant growth. If you have down cycles jobs are lost. You come into office after a Pandemic, you are going to get more jobs as the cycle returns to normal.
First Page Last Page
Page 181 of 240

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.