The Big Payback - Reparations in Evanston IL

3,696 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Golem
Harrison Bergeron
How long do you want to ignore this user?
As noted, we've spent $40T+ on correcting "generational poverty" yet it exists ... so of course the answer is more government spending.

Blek families as a whole were healthier before the government got in the business of fixing generational poverty.

What's the excuse for generational poverty of non-bleks?
Wangchung
Reparations won't fix anything, but getting black Americans to stop voting for democrats en masse would help solve these issues tremendously.
Porteroso
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Porteroso said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

You, Sir, don't need to wait on us to get over your white guilt. Go ahead and just write two checks each month. One for the Climate Change warriors and the second one for slave reparations. Do it. Nobody is stopping you.

P.S.- My apologies if I referred to you with the wrong pronoun.

As I said, I am not in favor of reparations, but I am in favor of the federal government doing a better job helping people out of generational poverty. Too fine a line for you?
I am all for government assistance to the poor, but here are only so many government assistance dollars to go around. How are the millions and millions of illegal aliens pouring over the southern border going to affect the "generational poor" already in our country? Not good.

I'm not talking about giving people cash, but making sure there's a lifeline out of poverty, a clear path to follow for anyone interested. At present many have no idea what steps they would need to take to get out of poverty. It is all they, their family, their neighbors, has known since anyone can remember. I think that speaks to an institutional failure.
Porteroso
Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso: "So you declare that the fallout of slavery ended with children who were alive in 1865? And think that just ends the argument?"

It's on you to establish your claim beyond unsupported opinion.

To my mind, you have not begun to support it.

What evidence is there that Poverty 2023 is primarily and mostly due to Slavery rather than the many other factors which affect people's success or economic failure?

I don't do Woke, I do Reason. Let's see some proof.

Oh man. I have a lot of educating to do. I need to come up with a good list of ways Trump was a disaster so Harrison doesn't think he was America's greatest President, and now I need to quantify for old bear that unbroken lines of generational poverty sharing 1 common root can be partially attributed to that root. I might even do both, but I know it always falls upon deaf ears. If you were willing to learn you would have already learned such an obvious fact.

I see 'Woke Ranting' there.

Get back to me when you have compelling evidence, not just a screed.

Remember, the 'folks are poor now because Slavery' theory is yours so the burden of proof is on you.

Good luck with that.

Proving the obvious is often harder than one would think but I'm up for it. Prepare your mind for new information.
Porteroso
cowboycwr said:

Porteroso said:

cowboycwr said:

Porteroso said:

Golem said:

Mothra said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Sam Lowry said:

What if there are systemic problems in the African-American community that don't exist in the African immigrant community?
would single-parent families count?
Interestingly enough, that issue is fairly recent. The black community used to ne majority married. Then came the 60's, and single parent families began to rise significantly.

And along with it, drug use and violent crime.
What if those gross deficiencies in the American black culture were in large part created by the New Deal and, particularly, the Great Society? What if blacks in America could immediately reverse those trends by exercising self-control, finishing school, waiting to have kids until they are married and getting married? What if virtually the entirety of the social pathology in the black community could be eliminated by promoting good choices and denigrating the actors in the subculture who are promoting the opposite?

Blacks in America today aren't victims of anything but their own choices....just like every other race, creed and color in the country. If you want others to think you are a victim, it's because you are a piece of chit grifter who wants free cash and no expectations.

This last part is ridiculously false. It is shocking that people try to say the fallout from slavery is over, but people like you have been for a hundred years.
How is it false?

No one alive today was ever a slave owner or slave.

The fallout from slavery is over except for people like you and others on the left that want to pretend it still exists and that blacks just can't get on from it because of racism/slavery effects but then ignore when we have large numbers of blacks who have done that and become successful.

If only it was that easy to right such a massive wrong. Make it illegal and wait till everyone involved is dead. If you can't already see how incorrect that is, there is no explaining it to you.
Except that a lot more has happened then that.

But if we are going to repay for slavery why are we only going to repay for African slavery? Why not force native Americans to pay for their slaves? Romans for theirs? Persians for theirs? Etc.

So now explain how it is false instead of just making a snarky comment and ignoring it. Why does someone who was never a slave deserve to be paid because their ancestor was a slave?

Once again, I am saying we have a responsibility to provide a way out of generational poverty traced back to slavery. I am not taking about "paying" anyone. Giving cash infusions is not a way to war poverty, its a way to harvest votes. Truly providing a path to success and self sufficiency is difficult, takes effort and yes money, but in the end is an investment into a future taxpayer.
Harrison Bergeron
Porteroso said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Porteroso said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

You, Sir, don't need to wait on us to get over your white guilt. Go ahead and just write two checks each month. One for the Climate Change warriors and the second one for slave reparations. Do it. Nobody is stopping you.

As I said, I am not in favor of reparations, but I am in favor of the federal government doing a better job helping people out of generational poverty. Too fine a line for you?
I am all for government assistance to the poor, but here are only so many government assistance dollars to go around. How are the millions and millions of illegal aliens pouring over the southern border going to affect the "generational poor" already in our country? Not good.

I'm not talking about giving people cash, but making sure there's a lifeline out of poverty, a clear path to follow for anyone interested. At present many have no idea what steps they would need to take to get out of poverty. It is all they, their family, their neighbors, has known since anyone can remember. I think that speaks to an institutional failure success.
FIFY. When the goal is dependency there is no incentive to get people out of poverty. The single thing Democrats are experts at is creating policy that exacerbates problems only to use those bigger problems as justification for more power and money. Great examples off the top of my head:
- The Welfare State to encourage dependency
- Defund the Police to encourage crime and dysfunction in inner cities
- Forest management to encourage wildfires to claim global warming
- Opposing water management to encourage shortages to claim global warming
- Schools focused on indoctrination rather than learning to keep kids stupid and under-performing to justify more money for education
- Anti-American energy policies to force dependence on foreign energy to demand more money for so-called green energy
- Open borders to increase the ranks of the impoverished so more money for "social services" and welfare

Democrats to not fix problems they exacerbate them.
Oldbear83
Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso: "So you declare that the fallout of slavery ended with children who were alive in 1865? And think that just ends the argument?"

It's on you to establish your claim beyond unsupported opinion.

To my mind, you have not begun to support it.

What evidence is there that Poverty 2023 is primarily and mostly due to Slavery rather than the many other factors which affect people's success or economic failure?

I don't do Woke, I do Reason. Let's see some proof.

Oh man. I have a lot of educating to do. I need to come up with a good list of ways Trump was a disaster so Harrison doesn't think he was America's greatest President, and now I need to quantify for old bear that unbroken lines of generational poverty sharing 1 common root can be partially attributed to that root. I might even do both, but I know it always falls upon deaf ears. If you were willing to learn you would have already learned such an obvious fact.

I see 'Woke Ranting' there.

Get back to me when you have compelling evidence, not just a screed.

Remember, the 'folks are poor now because Slavery' theory is yours so the burden of proof is on you.

Good luck with that.

Proving the obvious is often harder than one would think but I'm up for it. Prepare your mind for new information.
Looking forward to reading it. Especially interested in who will provide the "lifeline" you referenced.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Porteroso said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Porteroso said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I'm not talking about giving people cash, but making sure there's a lifeline out of poverty, a clear path to follow for anyone interested. At present many have no idea what steps they would need to take to get out of poverty. It is all they, their family, their neighbors, has known since anyone can remember. I think that speaks to an institutional failure.
Agree with most of what you are saying, Porter, but unfortunately your party's solution to ANY problem is to throw mountains of taxpayer money at it. The Emancipation Proclamation that ended slavery happened 160 years ago. Time to move on.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
cowboycwr
Porteroso said:

cowboycwr said:

Porteroso said:

cowboycwr said:

Porteroso said:

Golem said:

Mothra said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Sam Lowry said:

What if there are systemic problems in the African-American community that don't exist in the African immigrant community?
Interestingly enough, that issue is fairly recent. The black community used to ne majority married. Then came the 60's, and single parent families began to rise significantly.

What if those gross deficiencies in the American black culture were in large part created by the New Deal and, particularly, the Great Society? What if blacks in America could immediately reverse those trends by exercising self-control, finishing school, waiting to have kids until they are married and getting married? What if virtually the entirety of the social pathology in the black community could be eliminated by promoting good choices and denigrating the actors in the subculture who are promoting the opposite?

Blacks in America today aren't victims of anything but their own choices....just like every other race, creed and color in the country. If you want others to think you are a victim, it's because you are a piece of chit grifter who wants free cash and no expectations.

This last part is ridiculously false. It is shocking that people try to say the fallout from slavery is over, but people like you have been for a hundred years.
How is it false?

The fallout from slavery is over except for people like you and others on the left that want to pretend it still exists and that blacks just can't get on from it because of racism/slavery effects but then ignore when we have large numbers of blacks who have done that and become successful.

If only it was that easy to right such a massive wrong. Make it illegal and wait till everyone involved is dead. If you can't already see how incorrect that is, there is no explaining it to you.

But if we are going to repay for slavery why are we only going to repay for African slavery? Why not force native Americans to pay for their slaves? Romans for theirs? Persians for theirs? Etc.

So now explain how it is false instead of just making a snarky comment and ignoring it. Why does someone who was never a slave deserve to be paid because their ancestor was a slave?

Once again, I am saying we have a responsibility to provide a way out of generational poverty traced back to slavery. I am not taking about "paying" anyone. Giving cash infusions is not a way to war poverty, its a way to harvest votes. Truly providing a path to success and self sufficiency is difficult, takes effort and yes money, but in the end is an investment into a future taxpayer.
And yet we have provided that way for decades and few are taking it.

We have provided free education and since Brown have removed the issue of quality of schools/education. We have provided free college, more scholarships then ever, more grants, etc. We have increased the number of colleges, community colleges, etc. and people don't take advantage of it. And many that do come out with useless degrees that a person cannot make money in like a gender studies, social work, art history, recreational studies, etc.

But what has not changed, except that I think it has gotten worse, is the view of education/value of education in poverty communities where most do not view it as needed, necessary, don't think it will help them, and eat up the woke nonsense of math is racist, school is racist, I failed my test because my teacher is racist BS.

whitetrash
Porteroso said:

cowboycwr said:

Porteroso said:

cowboycwr said:

Porteroso said:

Golem said:

Mothra said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Sam Lowry said:

How is it false?

We have led a huge herd of horses to the water's edge; yet when they fail to drink your solution is to build a bigger lake.
ScottS
If I move to Ilinois and identify as black, would I get reparations?
Porteroso
whitetrash said:

Porteroso said:

cowboycwr said:

Porteroso said:

cowboycwr said:

Porteroso said:

Golem said:

Mothra said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Sam Lowry said:

How is it false?

We have led a huge herd of horses to the water's edge; yet when they fail to drink your solution is to build a bigger lake.

Bad analogy. If the water is wealth and the horses are the descendents of slaves, that implies they want to stay impoverished. Of course that's what many like you have been brainwashed to believe. Entire segments of the population choosing poverty because they have an aversion to hard work or some zealot bs.
Harrison Bergeron
Honestly I think at this point Whites and other races need reparations from bleks given all the murder and hate crimes they've wrought.
Harrison Bergeron
Porteroso said:

whitetrash said:

Porteroso said:

cowboycwr said:

Porteroso said:

cowboycwr said:

Porteroso said:

Golem said:

Mothra said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Sam Lowry said:

How is it false?

Bad analogy. If the water is wealth and the horses are the descendents of slaves, that implies they want to stay impoverished. Of course that's what many like you have been brainwashed to believe. Entire segments of the population choosing poverty because they have an aversion to hard work or some zealot bs.

You're so ****ing stupid. The horses are bleks and the water is the $4 trillion spent on them on welfare plus endless special treatment and lower standards to help them keep pace with other minorities. How ******ed are you ? You're like are moronic imbecile.
SIC EM 94
Maybe Baylor can chip in on the reparations deal after this gets built?

https://www2.baylor.edu/baylorproud/2023/02/monument-to-unknown-enslaved-to-help-tell-a-more-complete-baylor-story/
Harrison Bergeron
SIC EM 94 said:

https://www2.baylor.edu/baylorproud/2023/02/monument-to-unknown-enslaved-to-help-tell-a-more-complete-baylor-story/

We're such a stupid culture running around making up problems to "solve." Anti-intellectualism has taken over higher education.
Oldbear83
SIC EM 94 said:

** sigh **

So they are building a monument to honor slaves, but are not bothering to even name one.

And they are moving the time capsule for being inconvenient.

And they are building statues for two graduates simply because they were black.

What moron(s) put these cretins in charge of anything?
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
Harrison Bergeron said:

Porteroso said:

whitetrash said:

Porteroso said:

cowboycwr said:

Porteroso said:

cowboycwr said:

Porteroso said:

Golem said:

Mothra said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Sam Lowry said:

How is it false?

You're so ****ing stupid. The horses are bleks and the water is the $4 trillion spent on them on welfare plus endless special treatment and lower standards to help them keep pace with other minorities. How ******ed are you ? You're like are moronic imbecile.

Save your breath…they still will not acknowledge that it's not surprising that the ethnic group in the USA with the highest rate of out of wedlock births/fatherless homes….also has the highest poverty rate.

None of this is surprising. Fatherless homes breed social dysfunction in communities.

And the Black American family was doing fine pre-1960

Harrison Bergeron
Oldbear83 said:

SIC EM 94 said:

** sigh **

So they are building a monument to honor slaves, but are not bothering to even name one.

Linda's just virtue signaling so she can stay on the cocktail party circuit. The inability of left wing nut jobs to think critically or process data is the biggest threat facing our nation.
LateSteak69
Harrison Bergeron said:

Oldbear83 said:

SIC EM 94 said:

** sigh **

Linda's just virtue signaling so she can stay on the cocktail party circuit. The inability of left wing nut jobs to think critically or process data is the biggest threat facing our nation.

Nah that's you.
Harrison Bergeron
LateSteak69 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Oldbear83 said:

SIC EM 94 said:

** sigh **

Nah that's you.
You are so boring.
LateSteak69
Harrison Bergeron said:

LateSteak69 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Oldbear83 said:

SIC EM 94 said:

** sigh **

Nah that's you.
You are so boring.

I just can't provide witty banter with you. You're too slow.
Harrison Bergeron
LateSteak69 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

LateSteak69 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Oldbear83 said:

SIC EM 94 said:

** sigh **

Nah that's you.
You are so boring.

You're right. You figured it out. You're obviously a ****ing genius waiting to be discovered if the Nobel committee just comes by the quick stop on Leonard Avenue.

So - you still can't find any evidence to back up your claims ... did you rmom always find you so inadequate?
LateSteak69
Harrison Bergeron said:

LateSteak69 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

LateSteak69 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Oldbear83 said:

SIC EM 94 said:

** sigh **

Nah that's you.
You are so boring.

You're right. You figured it out. You're obviously a ****ing genius waiting to be discovered if the Nobel committee just comes by the quick stop on Leonard Avenue.

So - you still can't find any evidence to back up your claims ... did you rmom always find you so inadequate?
j

Ok, I get it. You are gay. Which is totes cool. Good luck with your echo chamber. .
Golem
LateSteak69 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

LateSteak69 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

LateSteak69 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Oldbear83 said:

SIC EM 94 said:

** sigh **

Nah that's you.
You are so boring.

j

Ok, I get it. You are gay. Which is totes cool. Good luck with your echo chamber. .

PSYCHOLOGICAL PROJECTION: Unconsciously taking unwanted emotions or traits you don't like about yourself and attributing them to someone else.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.