Trump's first campaign stop is in Waco

5,453 Views | 101 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by whiterock
Osodecentx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

4th and Inches said:

I think America can do better.

agreed.. but will they be given a choice of better?

Probably not as long as good men vote for men they know is a PoS.
Not voting or voting for a third party candidate during a general election will still get us a Biden, just FYI.

So back to square one.
I won't be voting for Trump. Let's get a good candidate in the R primary.
Well, if he ends up being the candidate, then a non-vote by people who feel as you do will undoubtedly result in another Biden. If of course we don't get into a nuclear war by then, in which case all bets are off.
That may be. Be optimistic. It might get us Newsom, Harris or Sanders
Indeed. I am hoping it's only a Biden.

So you prefer all of the above to Trump, I take it?
Yep, I won't vote for Trump
I figured. As a conservative, I believe it's insane that any self-described conservative would prefer woke policy to Trump, and believe in truth you're conservative in name only, but we've been over this ad nauseum. No need to rehash.
Agreed. As a conservative, I'm hoping for voters with principles who won't trade their birthright for a bowl of stew
Mitch Blood Green
Wangchung said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

4th and Inches said:

Not voting or voting for a third party candidate during a general election will still get us a Biden, just FYI.

So back to square one.
Well, if he ends up being the candidate, then a non-vote by people who feel as you do will undoubtedly result in another Biden. If of course we don't get into a nuclear war by then, in which case all bets are off.

We've only see nukes used once in history. It's improbable that one will be used regardless of who is the president.

Having said that, I'd rather Biden make the call than Trump.

Biden has never threatened nukes. Trump considers nukes proof of his power.
That's smart. I bet the Japanese thought the same thing. "No one's ever been nuked before so it's improbable to happen!" "No one has used nukes since WWII so it's improbable it will happen!"

Yes, foreign policy matters. Trump's administration created peace around the world. A compliant Russia and China, (until China released Covid), peace accords signed in the Middle East... it was all so terrible. This proxy war with Russia and now China is SO much better. Way to think that one through.

Japanese didn't know nukes existed. And yes, Biden poses a more steady hand. He's not running around the country angry.
Wangchung
Mitch Blood Green said:

Wangchung said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

4th and Inches said:

So back to square one.

We've only see nukes used once in history. It's improbable that one will be used regardless of who is the president.

That's smart. I bet the Japanese thought the same thing. "No one's ever been nuked before so it's improbable to happen!" "No one has used nukes since WWII so it's improbable it will happen!"

Yes, foreign policy matters. Trump's administration created peace around the world. A compliant Russia and China, (until China released Covid), peace accords signed in the Middle East... it was all so terrible. This proxy war with Russia and now China is SO much better. Way to think that one through.

Japanese didn't know nukes existed. And yes, Biden poses a more steady hand. He's not running around the country angry.
Biden's not doing anything... except fueling a proxy war with China and Russia. Nevermind the peace we had under Trump and the wars under Biden, right? Silly things like what ACTUALLY happened are irrelevant in the face of narrative, apparently. "Steady hand" Lmbo
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
chriscbear
Some Republicans are worried about Trump with the urban professional women vote etc. To me Trump turnout factor will override any problem there. Trump stay at home factor, if Desantis is the nomine, could be over 4 million votes. Something to think about. Also this election hopefully will be a cleaner (less cheating) election which means less votes for the Dems.
Osodecentx
chriscbear said:

Trump stay at home factor, if Desantis is the nominee, could be over 4 million votes.
Link, please
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

4th and Inches said:

So back to square one.

I figured. As a conservative, I believe it's insane that any self-described conservative would prefer woke policy to Trump, and believe in truth you're conservative in name only, but we've been over this ad nauseum. No need to rehash.
Agreed. As a conservative, I'm hoping for voters with principles who won't trade their birthright for a bowl of stew
A couple of things...

1) You're not conservative; and
2) What's this bowl of stew? State sponsored infanticide? Open borders? War with Russia? Sexual immorality run rampant?
Mothra
Mitch Blood Green said:

Wangchung said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

4th and Inches said:

So back to square one.

Well, except that his foreign policy thus far has demonstrated anything but a steady hand. We have NK testing missiles and nukes, Iran quickly approaching the ability to create a NK weapon, relations with China at our lowest point ever, fighting a proxy war with Russia, Mexico (and it's govt.) flaunting our open borders, a fall of Saigon moment in Afghanistan, and potentially on the verge of a world war with Russia.

Sorry, but it doesn't get a whole lot worse than that when compared to previous admins. Biden's show a complete ineptness when it comes to foreign policy.

Trump on the other hand was generally marked by peace with our neighbors.
Mothra
chriscbear said:

Some Republicans are worried about Trump with the urban professional women vote etc. To me Trump turnout factor will override any problem there. Trump stay at home factor, if Desantis is the nomine, could be over 4 million votes. Something to think about. Also this election hopefully will be a cleaner (less cheating) election which means less votes for the Dems.
How did the turnout help Trump the last election? Did those suburban moms/professional women turn out the vote? Nope. And he lost by 8 million.

Kind of foolish to think doing the same thing twice will result in a different outcome. Time for some fresh blood instead of a loser candidate who will be 78 when he runs in 2024.
Osodecentx
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

4th and Inches said:

So back to square one.

A couple of things...

2) What's this bowl of stew? State sponsored infanticide? Open borders? War with Russia? Sexual immorality run rampant?

I was hoping for Biblical literacy. Check out Esau
Johnny Bear
chriscbear said:

Trump got more votes than any sitting Republican President ever. Covid/mail in ballots/ ballot box stuffing/cheating were the difference. 60,000 votes less for Biden in tossup states gives Trump a victory or an Electoral vote tie which sends it to the House of Representatives. Election was stolen and Dems cheated.

I'm shocked you haven't already been flamed by the usual suspect posters on this board that think a dementia stricken incoherent candidate campaigning from his basement that was previously about as successful as Kamala Harris during his other attempts at being a presidential candidate is perfectly capable of breaking the all time record for votes achieved by a POTUS candidate. Entirely legit - don't you know.

LMAO!!!!
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

4th and Inches said:

So back to square one.

A couple of things...

I understand the reference. I'm asking what's the stew in your analogy?
Osodecentx
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

4th and Inches said:

So back to square one.

A couple of things...

Voting for Trump
An abandoning of conservative principles
Mothra
Johnny Bear said:

chriscbear said:

Trump got more votes than any sitting Republican President ever. Covid/mail in ballots/ ballot box stuffing/cheating were the difference. 60,000 votes less for Biden in tossup states gives Trump a victory or an Electoral vote tie which sends it to the House of Representatives. Election was stolen and Dems cheated.

I'm shocked you haven't already been flamed by the usual suspect posters on this board that think a dementia stricken barely coherent candidate campaigning from his basement that was previously about as successful as Kamala Harris during his other attempts at being a presidential candidate is perfectly capable of breaking the all time record for votes achieved by a POTUS candidate. Entirely legit - don't you know.

LMAO!!!!

For anyone paying attention to the amount of hate, fear and dissension the media fomented regarding Trump over the 4 years of his presidency, is it really any surprise that Biden received a record number of votes? I had liberal relatives who literally thought he would start WW3, dissolve the presidency and install himself as a dictator in order to keep himself in power.
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

4th and Inches said:

So back to square one.

A couple of things...

Voting for Trump

So in your opinion, we don't abandon conservative principles when we vote for the wokeism that has defined the Biden admin, but do when we are voting for Trump in a general election?

Not sure that logic makes much sense.
Fre3dombear
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

4th and Inches said:

So back to square one.

A couple of things...

Voting for Trump

Examples please?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Mothra said:

4th and Inches said:

So back to square one.
`You are correct as long as men are willing to vote for corrupt PoS.s like Biden, Trump, McCain, Obama, Romney, etc. Maybe some day we will get better choices. Or we can just stick to the status quo.

Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

4th and Inches said:

So back to square one.

A couple of things...

Give it up Oso. If you dont think act talk or vote like mothra you cant be a conservative.
Osodecentx

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

4th and Inches said:

So back to square one.

A couple of things...

Give it up Oso. If you dont think act talk or vote like mothra you cant be a conservative.

Sure I can. You aren't conservative
Mothra is, but immature
Trump isn't conservative, never has been. He tried to steal an election & you will vote for him
Johnny Bear
Mothra said:

Johnny Bear said:

chriscbear said:

I'm shocked you haven't already been flamed by the usual suspect posters on this board that think a dementia stricken barely coherent candidate campaigning from his basement that was previously about as successful as Kamala Harris during his other attempts at being a presidential candidate is perfectly capable of breaking the all time record for votes achieved by a POTUS candidate. Entirely legit - don't you know.

LMAO!!!!

For anyone paying attention to the amount of hate, fear and dissension the media fomented regarding Trump over the 4 years of his presidency, is it really any surprise that Biden received a record number of votes? I had liberal relatives who literally thought he would start WW3, dissolve the presidency and install himself as a dictator in order to keep himself in power.

No doubt a ton of hate and lies were spread by the MSM - and it is of course still happening. I also get there are way too many knowledge challenged voters out there (to put it nicely) but I don't believe for a second that it was THAT effective - especially regarding somebody like Biden. Not for a second.
FLBear5630

4th and Inches said:

4th and Inches said:

You can bet those that voted for him twice will be there
you would lose that bet..

I know dozens of people that voted for him twice that didnt go and had no interest in going

Whew. Glad we didnt bet.
i wouldnt have taken your money on a sucker bet

Well i wouldnt have trusted people that tell me they voted for him twice than ssid they didnt go. They dont seem to value honesty. I tend to think actions speak louder than words.

That is a bit of a leap. Look at their choice: Hillary or Biden. All three are criminals. There is no choice there. Starting to think a Parlimentary system is better, at least you have choices.
Mothra

Mothra said:

4th and Inches said:

So back to square one.
`You are correct as long as men are willing to vote for corrupt PoS.s like Biden, Trump, McCain, Obama, Romney, etc. Maybe some day we will get better choices. Or we can just stick to the status quo.

I asked you this once - how has your policy of taking a principled stand on the presidency changed things? Has voting third party (or not voting, as the case may be) gotten you the perfect candidate, or at least someone you deemed is worth voting for?

I don't like the names you mentioned anymore than you do, but as a true conservative that cares about conservative issues, I realize that policies like those instituted the last two years are much worse for the country and will have a far more lasting impact on me and my children than Trump's petulance and mean tweets. Go down the list - fiscal policies, tax policies, the judiciary, border control, foreign policy, traditional Judeo-Christian values, etc. - you name it and Trump's admin, despite leaving much to be desired, was far safer, far more conservative and far more prosperous for the country than anything Biden has put out.

Yes, I wish it were not a binary choice between two old geriatric buffoons, but all a protest vote from an actual conservative does is get Biden elected. Even if we pretended for a moment you were an actual conservative, your inability to understand such pragmatism is baffling, to say the least.
Mothra

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

4th and Inches said:

So back to square one.

A couple of things...

When a poster admits he pulled the trigger for Texas candidates who supported abortion on demand, trans rights, legalized drugs, higher taxes, etc. (i.e. liberalism), what other conclusion can be reached? I suspect even you wouldn't pull the trigger for that.
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

4th and Inches said:

So back to square one.

A couple of things...

Trump isn't conservative, never has been.
Perhaps, but he looks like Ronald Reagan next to Biden.
Malbec
Mitch Blood Green said:

Wangchung said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

4th and Inches said:

So back to square one.

They knew three days before we dropped the second one.
Mitch Blood Green
Malbec said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Wangchung said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

4th and Inches said:

So back to square one.

They knew three days before we dropped the second one.

Have you ever seen the story about the man who survived both incidents?
https://www.history.com/news/the-man-who-survived-two-atomic-bombs
boognish_bear
whiterock
Mothra said:

whiterock said:

love him or hate him, Trump knows how to be larger than life. He's been pulling off these events for a LOT of years. One would think they were just a 2016 fad and would have died out years ago. But he manages to keep people coming back for more.
Grifter's going to grift as long as the brain-dead masses buy his schtick.
Sure, we could assume that 2/3rds of the party are dumb enough to be fooled for 7 years in a row, but that isn't terribly realistic. It would be more productive to understand the real reasons for his appeal. For whatever can be said about the intellectual horsepower of the poors, they are perfectly capable of discerning the condescension of the establishment.
Mothra
whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

love him or hate him, Trump knows how to be larger than life. He's been pulling off these events for a LOT of years. One would think they were just a 2016 fad and would have died out years ago. But he manages to keep people coming back for more.
Sure, we could assume that 2/3rds of the party are dumb enough to be fooled for 7 years in a row, but that isn't terribly realistic. It would be more productive to understand the real reasons for his appeal. For whatever can be said about the intellectual horsepower of the poors, they are perfectly capable of discerning the condescension of the establishment.
Most Americans aren't too bright. Look at our testing numbers as compared to other nations. We are a culture that loves and idolizes celebrities - especially those that "own the libs." Trump has benefited greatly from that.
ATL Bear
whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

The Trump of 7 years ago isn't the Trump of today. He made us all look dumb, and some are continuing to let him do so.
FLBear5630
ATL Bear said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

The Trump of 7 years ago isn't the Trump of today. He made us all look dumb, and some are continuing to let him do so.
I don't think he made us look dumb. In 2016, he was a deal maker looking to end the logjam. It was logical to assume a former Dem and deal making outsider would break things free and get us back to real Govt.

I never saw him as more than a 1 term President and simply an outsider to end the GOP/Dem bottlenecks. He changed after the impeachment.
whiterock
Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Most Americans aren't too bright. Look at our testing numbers as compared to other nations. We are a culture that loves and idolizes celebrities - especially those that "own the libs." Trump has benefited greatly from that.
half have below average intelligence. And they vote. Dems know this and compete for their votes effectively. Unfortunately, much of the GOP all too often thinks they're too good to bother to make the appeal to them, and does a very poor job of it when they do. Trump doesn't have that problem. It's one of his attributes. I think RDS could do it, too, based on what we've seen in FL. He just has to prove he can do it nationally.
whiterock
Mothra said:

chriscbear said:

How did the turnout help Trump the last election? Did those suburban moms/professional women turn out the vote? Nope. And he lost by 8 million.

Kind of foolish to think doing the same thing twice will result in a different outcome. Time for some fresh blood instead of a loser candidate who will be 78 when he runs in 2024.
actually, it was a number of traditionally very low turnout demographics like those professional young urban women who did vote in higher numbers in 2020 that provided the difference = mail in voting operations, Dems using non-profit GOTV operations funded by corporate charitable donations doing voter ID and intensive voter contact to ensure that key blue demographics voted by mail.

THAT was the difference in the race.

If the GOP doesn't match it this go-around, the candidate won't matter.

Elections aren't about voters anymore. They're about BALLOTS. Campaigns have make sure their potential voters request ballots, receive ballots, and cast ballots.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.