Vote for the Policy, not the Person

3,126 Views | 70 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by J.R.
muddybrazos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

KaiBear said:

Frank Galvin said:

This is Trump's policy priority for his potential second term: retribution.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/mar/27/rnc-stolen-election-interview-question

You really think Biden's border policy is good for the country ?

That his massive spending and resulting inflation improves your quality of life ?

Is it acceptable to you that fentanyl continues to pour into our country killing thousands of Americans annually ?

Are you content with the continual degradation of the combat readiness of our military ?

Do you really think owning the world's largest governmental debt ( and rapidly growing ) won't have any economic consequences ?

https://usafacts.org/articles/are-fentanyl-overdose-deaths-rising-in-the-us/

Actually Fentanyl deaths soared under one president and have almost leveled off with another president.

Again, one president grew the ND by 40%. One has grown it 16% in 3.5 years

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1366899/percent-change-national-debt-president-us

The military readiness is hard to gauge. I have seen papers that state the readiness has been declining for 12 years. One problem is the army has only trained for the type of warfare needed in Afganistan and Iraq . This has been for 12 years. The last three presidents are to blame.

Speaking of the border, one president took money earmarked for the miltary and spent it on an easily defeated wall. 2.5 billion.

I wont vote for either.

from your link: In 2022, 73,654 people died from a fentanyl overdose n the US, more than double the amount of deaths from three years prior in 2019. Sounds like theyve soared under the current guy which would make sense bc the border is wide open. Maybe they have leveled off at all time highs.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Yes its still growing. I think the last year was a 4% rise. Check that nice gragh and see what happened from 2017 t0 2021.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
KaiBear

KaiBear said:

Frank Galvin said:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/mar/27/rnc-stolen-election-interview-question

That his massive spending and resulting inflation improves your quality of life ?

Is it acceptable to you that fentanyl continues to pour into our country killing thousands of Americans annually ?

Are you content with the continual degradation of the combat readiness of our military ?

Do you really think owning the world's largest governmental debt ( and rapidly growing ) won't have any economic consequences ?

Actually Fentanyl deaths soared under one president and have almost leveled off with another president.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1366899/percent-change-national-debt-president-us

The military readiness is hard to gauge. I have seen papers that state the readiness has been declining for 12 years. One problem is the army has only trained for the type of warfare needed in Afganistan and Iraq . This has been for 12 years. The last three presidents are to blame.

Speaking of the border, one president took money earmarked for the miltary and spent it on an easily defeated wall. 2.5 billion.

I wont vote for either.

Illegal immigration was dramatically lower under Trump

Biden's handlers have imposed WOKE social experimentation upon the military which has weakened moral and recruitment.

Few are willing to go into combat under the nominal leadership of a presidential commander in chief who can't even remember when he was vice president or finish a complete sentence without the aid of a teleprompter.

After the Afghanistan debacle I'm surprised recruitment isn't even worse.

Only you would consider 100,000 drug overdoses annually as an encouraging achievement. Part of your 'survival of the fittest' mentality' of course .

Don't care who you vote for.

ron.reagan
KaiBear said:

KaiBear said:

Frank Galvin said:

I wont vote for either.

Biden's handlers have imposed WOKE social experimentation upon the military which has weakened moral and recruitment.

Few are willing to go into combat under the nominal leadership of a presidential commander in chief who can't even remember when he was vice president or finish a complete sentence without the aid of a teleprompter.

Only you would consider 100,000 drug overdoses annually as an encouraging achievement. Part of your 'survival of the fittest' mentality' of course .

At least take some drugs for your menstrual cramps. You are a real buzz killer
KaiBear
ron.reagan said:

KaiBear said:

KaiBear said:

Frank Galvin said:

I wont vote for either.

At least take some drugs for your menstrual cramps. You are a real buzz killer
At least thank your Mother for all the hard earned money she has wasted on you.

Private school coddled, and still focused on your ' buzz '.

Harrison Bergeron
Agree 100%.

There is a reason when one askes a TDSer what policies of Trump he opposed, one gets radio silence.

The entire objection to Trump is emotional hysterics around mean tweets but little to do with substantive policy disagreements.
FLBear5630
Harrison Bergeron said:

Agree 100%.

There is a reason when one askes a TDSer what policies of Trump he opposed, one gets radio silence.

The entire objection to Trump is emotional hysterics around mean tweets but little to do with substantive policy disagreements.
Nah, you guys don't want to discuss differences and policies.

Any discussion of social issues, ally relations, economy, foreign policy or future growth is met with insults because there is only one acceptable answer Trump.

Not only that, it has now become Trump has to be better ON EVERYTHING. There cannot even be an area that Biden hit more effectively. You can't even say that you think Trump has better policies, but is lacking in some areas. You guys are now brow beating people voting for Trump.

Or even worse, one issue like the border should outweigh EVERYTHING else and if you don't agree your a liberal idiot.

KaiBear
FLBear5630 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Agree 100%.

Or even worse, one issue like the border should outweigh EVERYTHING else and if you don't agree your a liberal idiot.

Untrue .

You are certainly not a liberal.
FLBear5630
KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Agree 100%.

Untrue .

To be recognized by the King is truly an honor.
drahthaar
Seems to me it is not Trump's "policies" but the ogre himself. Biden is the opposite though the man himself has outlived his time in Washington.

What folks don't realize or maybe don't want to realize, is that Trump can't on his own dismantle our gov't using his persona. Too many safeguards and too much is known about the guy. Biden's different: he's got Congress doing his bidding and that's a far bigger threat than Trump's stupid personality. Trump is his own excuse for not voting for him. Biden has more reason that that to vote him out.

Political parties have failed the republic.
KaiBear
FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Agree 100%.

Untrue .

To be recognized by the King is truly an honor.

You're welcome .

Just vote for Joe Biden and wear your transgender badge with pride.
Oldbear83
Bottom line is it's another four years for Biden and his handlers, or a second term for Trump and his choice of verbiage.

Really not hard to see which will do more damage.

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
FLBear5630
Oldbear83 said:

Bottom line is it's another four years for Biden and his handlers, or a second term for Trump and his choice of verbiage.

Don't disagree. Just hope Trump's 2nd term actually is like the 1st 3/4 of his first term. Not interested in a vendetta tour.
4th and Inches
KaiBear said:

ron.reagan said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Porteroso said:

ron.reagan said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Stolen elections have consequences. I don't even like Trump, but the way that he and his family have been treated by the Left these last eight years, I hope he gets scalps and his pound of flesh. You reap what you sow.
In Trump's case, failed stolen elections have consequences

Zealots like this have really ears. They have their talking points and they stick to them. 95% of what a zealot thinks is lies, and just that 5% of truth is enough to propel the lies for generations.
"Zealot(s)" and "lies"? That's all you've got? We disagree so you naturally resort to name calling. I don't blame you personally. It is just how you were raised.

Barack Obama - 69 million votes Joe Biden - 81 million votes? Ummmm.....NO. Did not happen. If you truly believe this happened, then bless your heart. Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny are alive and well.
- 30 more million people in the country.
- Obama had bitter Hillary supporters that refused to vote
- Obama was running against a guy that was boring
- Biden was running against the most hated man in the lefts history

If you truly believe Biden was capable of manufacturing 12 million votes then bless you heart.

Biden didn't manufacture anything ; not even his party nomination.

You remember THAT little piece of political history don't you ?
Bernie Sanders was the front runner than magically the Dem controlled media and party regular's absolutely destroyed his campaign.

Mail in balloting and precinct' 'voter harvesting' somehow found thousands of Biden votes . Often with the Republican nominee getting less than 10% of the count.

All while your pathetic dementia stricken old fella in the basement just ate his ice cream.

Actually this garbage has been going in New York City, Chicago, Detroit and Philadelphia for decades

Leftists now feel entitled to such 'creative' voting.

All the while screaming how Donald Trump is a threat to our democracy.

Total hypocrisy.

10%? LoL

There were entire batches that are random picked mail in votes that went 50-0 for Biden. The next batch also went 50-0 for Biden. Looking at the small batch totals and seeing lack of randomization and having many count batches matching exactly(like they ran test decks thru)

50 random ballots chosen should pretty much always give a different total than the prior run. No such thing as coincidence.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Harrison Bergeron
FLBear5630 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Agree 100%.

Any discussion of social issues, ally relations, economy, foreign policy or future growth is met with insults because there is only one acceptable answer Trump.

Not only that, it has now become Trump has to be better ON EVERYTHING. There cannot even be an area that Biden hit more effectively. You can't even say that you think Trump has better policies, but is lacking in some areas. You guys are now brow beating people voting for Trump.

May I ask some clarifying questions?

- Who is "you guys?"

- Can you share an example of where these so called "you guys" would not discuss policies?

Do you have anything interesting to discuss on policies, or is this just a drunken-style rant?
Oldbear83
FLBear5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Don't disagree. Just hope Trump's 2nd term actually is like the 1st 3/4 of his first term. Not interested in a vendetta tour.
Compare Trump's rhetoric summer of 2016 against his work 2017-2019. Once elected, Trump got down to business. If COVID had not happened, Trump would have cruised to re-election and the meltdown would never have happened.

If he gets elected in November, Trump knows this is his farewell tour. Can't say he won't bloviate but with no campaign in 2028 to worry about, I don't see a meltdown as likely, at least among his team.

The question for 2028 is how hard Trump will campaign for the next GOP nominee.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
FLBear5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Agree with you here. Got way too much that has to be fixed for there to be too much time to devote to settling scores.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Oldbear83 said:

FLBear5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

The question for 2028 is how hard Trump will campaign for the next GOP nominee.
This is why Trump's VP pick is so critical. Build a bridge to 2028. He could do that with a Ron DeSantis or Tim Scott.

I am fully expecting Trump to choose a loon or a potted plant.

-- Barack Obama
FLBear5630
Harrison Bergeron said:

FLBear5630 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Agree 100%.

- Who is "you guys?"

- Can you share an example of where these so called "you guys" would not discuss policies?

Do you have anything interesting to discuss on policies, or is this just a drunken-style rant?

Pretty much the pro-Trump crowd. Read some of the posts, I am not going to categorize. I would bet you know the cast of characters.

Biggest example is that everything Biden did was wrong and bad. No one is totally wrong or right. Agree or not, Biden called out some issues that need to addressed. Enough to vote for him, of course not. But Dems have some points on health care, student loans, new tech, and allies that may require being open to non-GOP traditional thinking.

Monday is not drunken rant, that would s reserved for Friday and Saturday (disciplined drinker).
Harrison Bergeron
FLBear5630 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

FLBear5630 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Agree 100%.

- Who is "you guys?"

Pretty much the pro-Trump crowd. Read some of the posts, I am not going to categorize. I would bet you know the cast of characters.

Biggest example is that everything Biden did was wrong and bad. No one is totally wrong or right. Agree or not, Biden called out some issues that need to addressed. Enough to vote for him, of course not. But Dems have some points on health care, student loans, new tech, and allies that may require being open to non-GOP traditional thinking.

Monday is not drunken rant, that would s reserved for Friday and Saturday (disciplined drinker).
Maybe irony is lost on you, but given the title of the thread, maybe a good approach (rather than making weird, broad partisan assumptions) would be to outline specific policies of President Trump you support or oppose and specific policies of President Biden you support or oppose.

Here is an example of how I might apporach:
1. I agree with the experts that note President Trump's corporate tax cuts kick-started our economy and took the U.S. from being disadvantaged globally to middle-of-the-road
2. I agree with President Trump's peach deals in the Middle East
3. I agree with President Trump's not involving the U.S. military in a foreign entanglement
4. I agree with President Trump's position to keep most illegal immigrant's in Mexico

Conversely:
1. I did not agree with President Biden's surrendering Afghanistan to the Taliban for a photo op
2. I did not agree with President Biden's policy or promoting racism and sexism in hiring
3. I did not agree with President Biden's policy to use the FBI to go after political opponents
4. I did not agree with President Bident's crony-fascism to favor his political donors' investments

Is that helpful or is it still unclear?
C. Jordan
Frank Galvin said:

Pretty much sums it up.

A personality cult doesn't have much affinity with actual policy.
Harrison Bergeron
C. Jordan said:

Frank Galvin said:

Pretty much sums it up.

A personality cult doesn't have much affinity with actual policy.
With what actual policy enacted during President Trump's administration do you disagree and why?
4th and Inches
Frank Galvin said:

thats an amazing report.. an unnamed prospective employee says you have to say yes or you wont get hired.. not proven true(basically made up reporting pushing the election denier narrative)

An unnamed former RNC employee(no sour grapes there and how do thet know how the new admin is doing it? )

Of course all the TDS and Binarys are salivating over it..

Yall are a hoot
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
FLBear5630
Harrison Bergeron said:

FLBear5630 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

FLBear5630 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Agree 100%.

- Who is "you guys?"

Maybe irony is lost on you, but given the title of the thread, maybe a good approach (rather than making weird, broad partisan assumptions) would be to outline specific policies of President Trump you support or oppose and specific policies of President Biden you support or oppose.

1. I agree with the experts that note President Trump's corporate tax cuts kick-started our economy and took the U.S. from being disadvantaged globally to middle-of-the-road
3. I agree with President Trump's not involving the U.S. military in a foreign entanglement
4. I agree with President Trump's position to keep most illegal immigrant's in Mexico

Conversely:
1. I did not agree with President Biden's surrendering Afghanistan to the Taliban for a photo op
2. I did not agree with President Biden's policy or promoting racism and sexism in hiring
3. I did not agree with President Biden's policy to use the FBI to go after political opponents
4. I did not agree with President Bident's crony-fascism to favor his political donors' investments

I did a scorecard of what I agreed with Trump, what I thought Biden got right and what was a Push. Trump leads 6-4 and could easily go 7-3. Only two things in Biden's favor, to me, was dealing with Student Loan and trying to deal with Health Care. Two issues that I think need to be addressed.

Of your points, #1 I agree with whole heartily. Afghanistan was a policy and execution blunder, I believe we should still have a base in Kandahar. I am not a fan of quotas, but I don't think we officially have those.

The others, speculative perceptions. But I get it. I just don't put much stock in that, if there was nothing to prosecute they couldn't. But all entitled to opinions.

My point is that I don't personally hold it against you that we disagree on some issues or that you are stupid or an idiot because you believe #2-#4. We all have our perspectives.
Harrison Bergeron
FLBear5630 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

FLBear5630 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

FLBear5630 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Agree 100%.

- Who is "you guys?"

Conversely:

I did a scorecard of what I agreed with Trump, what I thought Biden got right and what was a Push. Trump leads 6-4 and could easily go 7-3. Only two things in Biden's favor, to me, was dealing with Student Loan and trying to deal with Health Care. Two issues that I think need to be addressed.

Of your points, #1 I agree with whole heartily. Afghanistan was a policy and execution blunder, I believe we should still have a base in Kandahar. I am not a fan of quotas, but I don't think we officially have those.

The others, speculative perceptions. But I get it. I just don't put much stock in that, if there was nothing to prosecute they couldn't. But all entitled to opinions.

My point is that I don't personally hold it against you that we disagree on some issues or that you are stupid or an idiot because you believe #2-#4. We all have our perspectives.
Agreed. What generally frustrates me is the constant projection by most on the left. You're probably the only TDSer on the board that can actually speak about Trump's policies vs. "mean tweets."

Biden has been the worst president since Johnson and it is not even close. His destruction if correctable will take years to reverse.
FLBear5630
Harrison Bergeron said:

FLBear5630 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

FLBear5630 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

FLBear5630 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Agree 100%.

- Who is "you guys?"

Conversely:

Agreed. What generally frustrates me is the constant projection by most on the left. You're probably the only TDSer on the board that can actually speak about Trump's policies vs. "mean tweets."

Biden has been the worst president since Johnson and it is not even close. His destruction if correctable will take years to reverse.
Biden is bad, no doubt. I will end up holding my nose and voting Trump. I just wish we could get back to an Eisenhower GOP - Fiscal Conservative and Socially Moderate.
J.R.
Harrison Bergeron said:

FLBear5630 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

FLBear5630 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Agree 100%.

- Who is "you guys?"

Conversely:

Sounds right out of FOX News. You do realize that the economy is better under Biden than Fat Ass. Record Highs for the Dow and S&P. Would never vote for either, the economy is not debatable . Now, immigration is a HUGE problem.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
J.R. said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

FLBear5630 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

FLBear5630 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Agree 100%.

- Who is "you guys?"

Conversely:

Would never vote for either, the economy is not debatable .
Thank God liberals from the U.K. can't vote in U.S. elections, English Chris.

Have not seen inflation as high as it has been since the late 70s. All your boy Biden had to do when he took office was DO NOTHING! He *u*ked that up royally.

-- Barack Obama
Oldbear83
How exactly is the Economy better?

Inflation didn't happen?

The Debt didn't grow?

We didn't waste huge amounts of money on foreign aid we could have used here?
FLBear5630
J.R. said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

FLBear5630 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

FLBear5630 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Agree 100%.

- Who is "you guys?"

Conversely:

Sounds right out of FOX News. You do realize that the economy is better under Biden than Fat Ass. Record Highs for the Dow and S&P. Would never vote for either, the economy is not debatable . Now, immigration is a HUGE problem.
The numbers when comparing are interesting. But, to be fair COVID made a huge difference. Trump got dinged big time and Biden got the bump from the growth after the Pandemic.

I do agree that if Trump got credit for the Stock Market, like he did. Biden deserves credit for the Stock Market now.

I am totally against HOW Biden did the move to new energy tech. It was too fast and irresponsible. But, any time you invest in new tech there once it starts going you will have real growth. Those balance.

As for Debt, I am one that believes we will not cut, scrimp and save our way out of this economic situation. To me, the answer is real growth. 3% real growth cures a lot of ills. But, will either deliver?
Harrison Bergeron
J.R. said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

FLBear5630 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

FLBear5630 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Agree 100%.

- Who is "you guys?"

Conversely:

Tell us you're a moron without telling us you're a moron.

Amazing we let mouth breathers like you impact the future of the country. If there every was a case for a literacy test to vote.
J.R.
Harrison Bergeron said:

J.R. said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

FLBear5630 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

FLBear5630 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Agree 100%.

- Who is "you guys?"

Conversely:

Tell us you're a moron without telling us you're a moron.

Amazing we let mouth breathers like you impact the future of the country. If there every was a case for a literacy test to vote.
you, clown, have you zero clue about life and particularly business life. No reason to get personal, you *****. you have consistently showed how stupid you are. So, are you arguing that the the S&P and Dow are at all time highs? How about jobs and the unemployment number are much better your fat boy loser. I guarantee you I'm a whole lot more educated than you ever could be. Done ok in this world, so , go **** yourself, simpleton.
Harrison Bergeron
FLBear5630 said:

J.R. said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

FLBear5630 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

FLBear5630 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Agree 100%.

- Who is "you guys?"

Conversely:

The numbers when comparing are interesting. But, to be fair COVID made a huge difference. Trump got dinged big time and Biden got the bump from the growth after the Pandemic.

I do agree that if Trump got credit for the Stock Market, like he did. Biden deserves credit for the Stock Market now.

I am totally against HOW Biden did the move to new energy tech. It was too fast and irresponsible. But, any time you invest in new tech there once it starts going you will have real growth. Those balance.

As for Debt, I am one that believes we will not cut, scrimp and save our way out of this economic situation. To me, the answer is real growth. 3% real growth cures a lot of ills. But, will either deliver?
I genuinely appreciate the intellectual honesty.

Biden came into office on the wings of Trump's vaccine and was poised to preside over an economic recovery, where government-initiated unemployment would naturally rebound. Many of the tribal leftists are not intelligent enough to connect the dots that much of the so-called "growth" was just returning to normal. These are the same people that think inflation or crime is "decreasing" when it is just increasing slower from all-time highs.

That being said ... cannot explain the stock market. But another example of where Biden enriches the rich while hurting the middle class and poor, who have to live with the results of his inflationary policies.
FLBear5630
Harrison Bergeron said:

FLBear5630 said:

J.R. said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

FLBear5630 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

FLBear5630 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Agree 100%.

- Who is "you guys?"

Conversely:

I genuinely appreciate the intellectual honesty.

Biden came into office on the wings of Trump's vaccine and was poised to preside over an economic recovery, where government-initiated unemployment would naturally rebound. Many of the tribal leftists are not intelligent enough to connect the dots that much of the so-called "growth" was just returning to normal. These are the same people that think inflation or crime is "decreasing" when it is just increasing slower from all-time highs.

That being said ... cannot explain the stock market. But another example of where Biden enriches the rich while hurting the middle class and poor, who have to live with the results of his inflationary policies.
What you hit on in your last sentence is the biggest problem I see. The wealth gap is getting ridiculous. Hedge Funds seemed to deliver a disproportionate number of people with wealth that rival small nations. I know we always had them, but it seem to be very lob-sided right now.
4th and Inches
J.R. said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

FLBear5630 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

FLBear5630 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Agree 100%.

- Who is "you guys?"

Conversely:

the economy is in fact not better for anybody who actually works for a living.. Joe Bluecollar dont give a **** about the Dow when he is deciding about gas money to get to work or buying his kids food at the grocery store

–Horace

Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.