Campus Protests

28,251 Views | 803 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by boognish_bear
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thee University said:

Bean bag shotgun blasts, rubber bullets and skunk water.
Wish a few more of them would set themselves on fire. I just feel sorry for those that have to clean up the mess.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
BusyTarpDuster2017
90sBear said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

90sBear said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

90sBear said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

90sBear said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

90sBear said:

Go back to accusing people of lying since you don't want to talk about thread topic anymore.
I've asked you repeatedly - did I have sufficient cause for it, or no?

The fact that you won't answer says it all, and that your argument against me has failed. Go away.
Yes, yes, you are right (because you say so). Even though you don't cite any laws and say other people are lying when they do.

Toodles.
Yes, yes, I'm SO wrong, that you are completely unable to argue why.

"Toodles" is exactly what you said when you argued with me for 2 pages about absolute vs. relative truth and later realized you had been proven wrong.
Yeah you quoted logic in that thread about as well as you quoted law in this one. But I remember you won! (Because you said so).
Right, that's why you couldn't answer the question there, just as you are completely unable to answer them here. If you disagree, then prove me wrong - answer it: if a certain hypothetical scenario contains "x", then is it absolute truth that the hypothetical scenario contains "x"?

You won't, and we all will know why.
I won't because I'm not going to derail this thread. However, if you would like I will create another thread later where I will respond to that question.
Likely excuse. In lesser words than what you just posted, you could have easily answered it. I don't need to create a whole other thread for it, the question is right before you now. You balked. I've proven my point.
Oh well. I offered.
It's a ONE WORD answer. So it required even less words than what you just posted right here. Nice try.
Daveisabovereproach
ron.reagan said:

I couldn't imagine someone who is doing a challenging program like engineering, premed etc. having time to do this crap. Of course, most of these kids just want attention. Reminds me of all the "Slava Ukraine!" types that showed up to Kyiv for like one weekend when the war broke out just so they could take some photos for their social media and act like they were doing some heroic mission
Redbrickbear
whitetrash said:

Redbrickbear said:

Pretty eye opening…

I suppose one way to abolish your own whiteness is to char yourself to a burnt crisp.

Yea but it's sad what young White people have been indoctrinated into…"kill yourself to be anti-racist"
D. C. Bear
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

90sBear said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

90sBear said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

90sBear said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

90sBear said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

90sBear said:

Go back to accusing people of lying since you don't want to talk about thread topic anymore.

The fact that you won't answer says it all, and that your argument against me has failed. Go away.
Yes, yes, you are right (because you say so). Even though you don't cite any laws and say other people are lying when they do.

Toodles.

"Toodles" is exactly what you said when you argued with me for 2 pages about absolute vs. relative truth and later realized you had been proven wrong.
Yeah you quoted logic in that thread about as well as you quoted law in this one. But I remember you won! (Because you said so).
Right, that's why you couldn't answer the question there, just as you are completely unable to answer them here. If you disagree, then prove me wrong - answer it: if a certain hypothetical scenario contains "x", then is it absolute truth that the hypothetical scenario contains "x"?

I won't because I'm not going to derail this thread. However, if you would like I will create another thread later where I will respond to that question.
Likely excuse. In lesser words than what you just posted, you could have easily answered it. I don't need to create a whole other thread for it, the question is right before you now. You balked. I've proven my point.
Oh well. I offered.
It's a ONE WORD answer. So it required even less words than what you just posted right here. Nice try.

What exactly was the question?
Jack Bauer
BusyTarpDuster2017
D. C. Bear said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

90sBear said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

90sBear said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

90sBear said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

90sBear said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

90sBear said:

Toodles.

Oh well. I offered.

He is saying I'm right only because I "say so". So I'm reminding him of a past debate where I asked him: "if a hypothetical scenario contains "x", then is it absolute truth that the hypothetical scenario contains 'x'?"

The only correct answer is "yes". The above is a tautology. Logically, tautologies are always true no matter what, therefore they are absolute truths. His answer, however, was that it is a relative truth. I'm demonstrating how he was clearly wrong, and I was clearly right, and it was based on logic and reason, NOT simply "because I said so".
Jack Bauer
I believe this is when the college students turned into little brats - 8 years ago.

Oldbear83
D. C. Bear said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

90sBear said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

90sBear said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

90sBear said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

90sBear said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

90sBear said:

Toodles.

Oh well. I offered.

"Do you agree with me, or are you a bad person?"
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
boognish_bear

boognish_bear
whitetrash
boognish_bear said:

Well, at least there was one chick with a little Palestinian flag, but it was more the size of the flag you raise to get more sopapillas brought to your table at Pancho's Mexican Buffet.
boognish_bear
Frank Galvin
GrowlTowel said:

Frank Galvin said:

90sBear said:

Frank Galvin said:

cowboycwr said:

Frank Galvin said:

cowboycwr said:

Frank Galvin said:

cowboycwr said:

Frank Galvin said:

cowboycwr said:

Frank Galvin said:

cowboycwr said:

Frank Galvin said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Frank Galvin said:

Also, this thread is not big on free speech. What is the difference between the First and Second Amendments?
You leftists really do live in your own reality, don't you?

No, free speech is pretty basic to American reality.
But let me guess....

You had no problem limiting speech for anyone that asked questions about the origin of covid, safety of vaccines, legality of vaccine passports, having to show proof of vaccination to get a job, enter a restaurant, etc..

You were probably ok with those types of speech being shut down and with the left talking about making those illegal....
You guess wrong.
I doubt that. The more you post the more i see you are ok with certain speech being allowed (if it is from the left) and certain speech (from the right) being banned.

You clearly believe what the media tells you to, like Jan 6th we were mere minutes away from our government being torn down and that poor AOC was in fear for her life (even though she was in a different building).
You can't cite one thing I have ever said that calls for banning or prosecuting any speech.

You just assume if I am for allowing left leaning speech I am against right leaning sppech. Much like the ACLU (which is why I posted the link) I am in favor of allowing almost all speech.
Actually yes I can.

The ACLU is NOT for allowing all types of speech. So that there is my proof. That you would cite a group that HAS tried to limit speech is all the proof I need.

Fore example, the ACLU will no longer defend groups on the far right or any speech THEY deem as hate speech.

And for a group that supposedly fights for the Constitution it is a shame they violated that innocent until proven guilty thing you mentioned earlier.....
What are you talking about?

The ACLU has a long history of fighting for free speech to include the KKK and anti-LGBTQ activists. It is just as active in fightng for criminal defendants.

https://www.aclu.org/issues/free-speech#:~:text=Over%20the%20years%2C%20the%20ACLU,LGBT%20activists%2C%20and%20flag%20burners.

Can you show me something from the ACLU that supports your version?
LOL. Their actions over the last 10 years or so. Their leaders going on record saying they would no longer defend hate speech. Their leaders saying they would not support or defend Trump supporters.

Wake up.

Sorry, but "their actions" without saying those actions are isn't proof of anything.

As far as leadership saying they would no longer defend hate speech-how about a link? And even if it says that, the statement is not what you cited it for which is the ACLU is trying to limit free speech.

Refusal to provide free representation defending speech is not the same thing as limiting speech.
Sorry look it up. Someone else already gave you a link. Use google. I am not your search engine. You won't because you want someone else to do the work for you (typical leftist) and then will find ways to deny the proof given to you.

Yeah I looked at the other link. It was critical of the ACLU while Trump was president. But it was not close to supporting your argument.

I always end up in the same place when I ask far right for factual support for their argument.

They can't produce it.
There were legitimate criticisms of the ACLU in that article and given the upcoming election I think it's fair to ask the question, "If Trump (or any Republican going forward) is elected, will the ACLU or its individual lawyers again act in ways that go against one of its stated core principles of supporting 1st amendment rights.

"The A.C.L.U. unfurled new guidelines that suggested lawyers should balance taking a free speech case representing right-wing groups whose "values are contrary to our values" against the potential such a case might give "offense to marginalized groups."

Other things noted included running ads against Justice Kavanaugh and a transgender attorney for the ACLU tweeting that a book criticizing transgenderism should be banned.

There may be nothing the organization is doing actively at the moment, but those things start to add up after a while and just saying "Well, that was under Trump" doesn't just make them go away or allay concerns that it might be seen again.

The real question is whether someone should arrest the student protestors for what they are saying.

No, the students should be arrested for unlawful assembly and trespass. They should be blackballed, doxed, and mocked for what they are saying in the great liberal tradition - much like was done to the Trump administration officials. But we all know that will not happen because deep down, the left has more in common with these terrorists than MAGA.
I have repeatedly said there should be arrests for actual crimes, whether that be unlawful assemnby, trespass, assault, etc. And that has happened. Its just that speech is not one of those crimes.

As far as the evil left, you might note that it all conservatives on this thread who want to restrain and punish speech.
Daveisabovereproach
whitetrash said:

boognish_bear said:

Well, at least there was one chick with a little Palestinian flag, but it was more the size of the flag you raise to get more sopapillas brought to your table at Pancho's Mexican Buffet.

UT should be begging for more cops on campus. Didn't something like one in four females students report being sexually assaulted on their campus? JP Urquidez' dad should complain
Frank Galvin
boognish_bear said:

Abbott is a world-class grandstander.
Daveisabovereproach
Frank Galvin said:

boognish_bear said:

Frank, you should go do some protesting of your own to support your Palestinian brothers instead of all this talk. If you're not willing to put some work in, you don't care that much. Until you're willing to go out to those campuses, I'm afraid the only one grandstanding is you
Jack Bauer
Daveisabovereproach
Jack Bauer said:

Anytime I see somebody say, "F the cops", I always wish I could be there to steal their wallet or their car and watch how quickly they dial 911
GrowlTowel
Frank Galvin said:

boognish_bear said:

How so? He is putting down unlawful assembly, something you agree with.
GrowlTowel
Frank Galvin said:

GrowlTowel said:

Frank Galvin said:

90sBear said:

Frank Galvin said:

cowboycwr said:

Frank Galvin said:

cowboycwr said:

Frank Galvin said:

cowboycwr said:

Frank Galvin said:

cowboycwr said:

Frank Galvin said:

cowboycwr said:

Frank Galvin said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Frank Galvin said:

Also, this thread is not big on free speech. What is the difference between the First and Second Amendments?

But let me guess....

You had no problem limiting speech for anyone that asked questions about the origin of covid, safety of vaccines, legality of vaccine passports, having to show proof of vaccination to get a job, enter a restaurant, etc..

You were probably ok with those types of speech being shut down and with the left talking about making those illegal....
You guess wrong.
I doubt that. The more you post the more i see you are ok with certain speech being allowed (if it is from the left) and certain speech (from the right) being banned.

You clearly believe what the media tells you to, like Jan 6th we were mere minutes away from our government being torn down and that poor AOC was in fear for her life (even though she was in a different building).
You can't cite one thing I have ever said that calls for banning or prosecuting any speech.

You just assume if I am for allowing left leaning speech I am against right leaning sppech. Much like the ACLU (which is why I posted the link) I am in favor of allowing almost all speech.
Actually yes I can.

The ACLU is NOT for allowing all types of speech. So that there is my proof. That you would cite a group that HAS tried to limit speech is all the proof I need.

Fore example, the ACLU will no longer defend groups on the far right or any speech THEY deem as hate speech.

And for a group that supposedly fights for the Constitution it is a shame they violated that innocent until proven guilty thing you mentioned earlier.....

The ACLU has a long history of fighting for free speech to include the KKK and anti-LGBTQ activists. It is just as active in fightng for criminal defendants.

https://www.aclu.org/issues/free-speech#:~:text=Over%20the%20years%2C%20the%20ACLU,LGBT%20activists%2C%20and%20flag%20burners.

LOL. Their actions over the last 10 years or so. Their leaders going on record saying they would no longer defend hate speech. Their leaders saying they would not support or defend Trump supporters.

Wake up.

Sorry, but "their actions" without saying those actions are isn't proof of anything.

As far as leadership saying they would no longer defend hate speech-how about a link? And even if it says that, the statement is not what you cited it for which is the ACLU is trying to limit free speech.

Refusal to provide free representation defending speech is not the same thing as limiting speech.
Sorry look it up. Someone else already gave you a link. Use google. I am not your search engine. You won't because you want someone else to do the work for you (typical leftist) and then will find ways to deny the proof given to you.

Yeah I looked at the other link. It was critical of the ACLU while Trump was president. But it was not close to supporting your argument.

I always end up in the same place when I ask far right for factual support for their argument.

They can't produce it.
There were legitimate criticisms of the ACLU in that article and given the upcoming election I think it's fair to ask the question, "If Trump (or any Republican going forward) is elected, will the ACLU or its individual lawyers again act in ways that go against one of its stated core principles of supporting 1st amendment rights.

"The A.C.L.U. unfurled new guidelines that suggested lawyers should balance taking a free speech case representing right-wing groups whose "values are contrary to our values" against the potential such a case might give "offense to marginalized groups."

Other things noted included running ads against Justice Kavanaugh and a transgender attorney for the ACLU tweeting that a book criticizing transgenderism should be banned.

There may be nothing the organization is doing actively at the moment, but those things start to add up after a while and just saying "Well, that was under Trump" doesn't just make them go away or allay concerns that it might be seen again.

The real question is whether someone should arrest the student protestors for what they are saying.

No, the students should be arrested for unlawful assembly and trespass. They should be blackballed, doxed, and mocked for what they are saying in the great liberal tradition - much like was done to the Trump administration officials. But we all know that will not happen because deep down, the left has more in common with these terrorists than MAGA.
I have repeatedly said there should be arrests for actual crimes, whether that be unlawful assemnby, trespass, assault, etc. And that has happened. Its just that speech is not one of those crimes.

As far as the evil left, you might note that it all conservatives on this thread who want to restrain and punish speech.

The conservatives here want the left (which is you) to apply the same standards to these terrorists as you would moms speaking out a school board meeting.

The left hates speech it doesn't agree with. The lack of concern here, proves it.
boognish_bear
BearN
boognish_bear said:

It's hard to tell why they tackled the cameraman because he went out of frame for a second before he was pulled to the ground. It appears he lunges forward right before he goes out of frame, but hard to say for sure with this angle. Did he perhaps stumble and run in to the LEO and got tackled in a misunderstanding, or perhaps he shoved the LEO - I slowed it down to .25 speed and that's my guess, but it's hard to say. Cops don't typically go around tackling members of the media for no good reason. Maybe more camera angles will emerge with a better view.
boognish_bear

boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Here is the cameraman talking

BearN
boognish_bear said:

thanks for posting another angle. it's clear from the first video that nobody in view shoved the cameraman. that guy is full of it. but i would give the cameraman the benefit of the doubt here. he could have easily stumbled or been bumped/shoved by someone out of frame.

We're going to need to call in Dean Blandino to analyze this one.
Frank Galvin
GrowlTowel said:

Frank Galvin said:

GrowlTowel said:

Frank Galvin said:

90sBear said:

Frank Galvin said:

cowboycwr said:

Frank Galvin said:

cowboycwr said:

Frank Galvin said:

cowboycwr said:

Frank Galvin said:

cowboycwr said:

Frank Galvin said:

cowboycwr said:

Frank Galvin said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Frank Galvin said:

But let me guess....

You guess wrong.

Actually yes I can.

Wake up.

They can't produce it.

The conservatives here want the left (which is you) to apply the same standards to these terrorists as you would moms speaking out a school board meeting.

The left hates speech it doesn't agree with. The lack of concern here, proves it.

There are people in the world who are for free speech of all types. I am one of them.

Your worldview that there is only far left and "conservatives" is incorrect. Many mistakes follow.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Harrison Bergeron
Abbott should just print 10,000 signs reading "Women have 2X Chromosomes!"

it would trigger them al to a safe space.
boognish_bear
And....they just came back

Oldbear83
"conservatives on this thread who want to restrain and punish speech"

Apparently English is not your first language, Frank. Congrats on your legal success as you struggle with basic definitions, confusing "speech" and "violence" as you have here.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
nein51
The question is how has our education to wholly failed in its duty.

Ask these protester morons what "from the river to sea" means. It's literally shocking how many can't tell you which river and which sea.

The do a good job spouting Al-Jazeera talking points because they get their news from TikTok.

They are lemmings and you can probably guess any of their stances with a high degree of accuracy as well.
Frank Galvin
GrowlTowel said:

Frank Galvin said:

boognish_bear said:

How so? He is putting down unlawful assembly, something you agree with.

I'm sure the Austin police can handle it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.