Campus Protests

28,248 Views | 803 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by boognish_bear
ron.reagan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Frank Galvin said:

GrowlTowel said:

Frank Galvin said:

boognish_bear said:

Abbott is a world-class grandstander.
How so? He is putting down unlawful assembly, something you agree with.

I'm sure the Austin police can handle it.
They probably recognize the same losers from the defund the police riots a few years ago
nein51
ron.reagan said:

Frank Galvin said:

GrowlTowel said:

Frank Galvin said:

boognish_bear said:

They probably recognize the same losers from the defund the police riots a few years ago

It's the same people from BLM, the same people who believe there is a climate crisis, the same people who want to defund the police, the same people who had Ukrainian flags on their car…etc
GrowlTowel
Frank Galvin said:

GrowlTowel said:

Frank Galvin said:

boognish_bear said:

Sure and DPS. Of course if someone misgenders in the crowd the FBI will be called in.
Redbrickbear
ron.reagan said:

Frank Galvin said:

GrowlTowel said:

Frank Galvin said:

boognish_bear said:

You liked the BLM riots so I'm not sure what your complaining about…

boognish_bear
ShooterTX
boognish_bear said:

It is far beyond time to pull all state funding, and shutdown the campus in Austin. It is a hellhole that is working hard to fight against every Texan and to destroy our state.

It is insane that so much of our tax money goes to fund a campus that is hell bent on destroying our way of life and everything that we love.

UT is completely lost. There is nothing left. It just needs to be shutdown at this point.
ShooterTX
Jack Bauer
USC fans celebrating Reggie Bush getting his Heisman back??

KaiBear
Frank Galvin said:

boognish_bear said:

Possibly so.

But I would be happy to trade the governor of Colorado for Abbott.
Jack Bauer
It's like 2020 all over again! What a coincidence!

Which Hamas supporter will be the next George Floyd martyr for the summer of love 2.0?

GrowlTowel
Jack Bauer said:

Which Hamas supporter will be the next George Floyd martyr for the summer of love 2.0?

The difference is that corporations will not pay these Hamas supporters, cities will not bend the knee, and white people will not feel guilty.

These riots will not help the left.

I envision a black woman death resulting from the lack of abortion services to be the summer riots.
Frank Galvin
Saw where Abbott said anyone marching and chanting "antisemitic" language should be in jail.

Does that same logic apply to rednecks using the n-word? Derogatory language to Hispanics? Calling the redneck a redneck?

And what qualifies as antisemitic? The working definition seems to be "against supporting Israel's war on Hamas."
Oldbear83
Frank Galvin said:

Saw where Abbott said anyone marching and chanting "antisemitic" language should be in jail.

Does that same logic apply to rednecks using the n-word? Derogatory language to Hispanics? Calling the redneck a redneck?

And what qualifies as antisemitic? The working definition seems to be "against supporting Israel's war on Hamas."
Frank's calendar went straight from October 6, 2023 to last month.

Ironically, I understand his grandfather's calendar missed the years 1937-39.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Harrison Bergeron
Frank Galvin said:

That was a stupid comment. No one should be jailed for speech.
KaiBear
Frank Galvin said:

And what qualifies as antisemitic?
How about Death To Jews or Death To Israel ?
Whiskey Pete
Jack Bauer said:

So, if this keeps up and grows larger or God forbid a cop shoots and kills a Black or Trans or Gay and cities burn. Would anyone be surprised if the feds call for a state of emergency and suspend in-person voting?

Not saying it will happen, but not saying it couldn't.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
The_barBEARian
GrowlTowel said:

Frank Galvin said:

boognish_bear said:

I agree with him on Abbott.

Abbott is pathetic and needs to be replaced.

He should have been directing the national guard to arrest the Federal agents at our southern border who were aiding and abetting the illegal invasion of our border over the last 4 years.

Abbott should have gone to war with the Biden administration instead of playing paddie cake w/ them.
ron.reagan
Redbrickbear said:

ron.reagan said:

Frank Galvin said:

GrowlTowel said:

Frank Galvin said:

boognish_bear said:

You liked the BLM riots so I'm not sure what your complaining about…

Not only didn't I like them but I didn't realize you had them in Russia
Harrison Bergeron
This is perfect. The anti-Jewish protests are being funded by this guy: a privileged inheritor of hundreds of millions of dollars who is an America-hating Muslim who started a militia camp in Massachusetts but moved to New Hampshire to avoid paying taxes and who chants "death to America" and loves Vladamir Putin.

He's funding the pro-genocide protesters,
Whiskey Pete
If you're in the United States on a visa and call for the death to America and calling for the killing of people, you should probably have your visa revoked and immediately sent packing
D. C. Bear
Whiskey Pete said:

If you're in the United States on a visa and call for the death to America and calling for the killing of people, you should probably have your visa revoked and immediately sent packing
Here's an article that kind of lays out the case law on the First Amendment and aliens. (International, not Roswell).

https://firstamendment.mtsu.edu/article/aliens/#:~:text=Once%20situated%20lawfully%20in%20the,his%20concurrence%20in%20Bridges%20v.
Jack Bauer
I'm all for free speech but let's be honest, if this were a large group of white students calling for blacks to go back to Africa or calling brown people 'terrorists", the feds would be on that campus in a second.
sombear
Frank Galvin said:

That's not what he said, and that's not what his Exec Order said. He's talked about students being expelled for hate-field anti-semitic protests and protestors being arrested for their unlawful behavior.

And, I think you know the answers to your own questions. If there were hundreds of students chanting the N-Word, they would be expelled.

If there were hundreds of protestors trying to take over the campus for the cause of racism and they defied law enforcement, they would be jailed.
ron.reagan
Jack Bauer said:

I'm all for free speech but let's be honest, if this were a large group of white students calling for blacks to go back to Africa or calling brown people 'terrorists", the feds would be on that campus in a second.
This isn't the same thing. It would be like calling for Nigeria to be eliminated and given to Egypt.
muddybrazos
Jack Bauer said:

Well obviously thats bc Whites are the biggest terror threat to the nation per our president.
whitetrash
Harrison Bergeron said:

This is perfect. The anti-Jewish protests are being funded by this guy: a privileged inheritor of hundreds of millions of dollars who is an America-hating Muslim who started a militia camp in Massachusetts but moved to New Hampshire to avoid paying taxes and who chants "death to America" and loves Vladamir Putin.

He's funding the pro-genocide protesters,

Of course he's a Cox descendant. Great grandpa lost the 1920 election to Warren Harding. Family consistently high on the pre-high tech Forbes 400. Main democratic bankrollers and media mouthpiece during the Clinton years especially. Cox owned the Waco Trib from the late 70s til they sold to Clifton Robinson 10-15 years ago.
Jack Bauer
BearN said:

boognish_bear said:

thanks for posting another angle. it's clear from the first video that nobody in view shoved the cameraman. that guy is full of it. but i would give the cameraman the benefit of the doubt here. he could have easily stumbled or been bumped/shoved by someone out of frame.

We're going to need to call in Dean Blandino to analyze this one.

is this the same guy?

It's hard to push someone when you are falling backwards...

BusyTarpDuster2017
Quote:

I have repeatedly said there should be arrests for actual crimes, whether that be unlawful assemnby, trespass, assault, etc. And that has happened. Its just that speech is not one of those crimes.

As far as the evil left, you might note that it all conservatives on this thread who want to restrain and punish speech.
It isn't evil to want to restrain and punish speech that promotes or incites violence. Anyone who is honest knows that "Death to America" and "Death to Israel" is speech that has been acted on many times before, leading to the violent deaths of Americans and Israelis.

I still want an answer to my previous question: do you believe that if someone says they will kill another person on a future date five years from now (so, not imminently) that it should be legal to say, and should be protected speech?
The_barBEARian
D. C. Bear said:

Whiskey Pete said:

Here's an article that kind of lays out the case law on the First Amendment and aliens. (International, not Roswell).

https://firstamendment.mtsu.edu/article/aliens/#:~:text=Once%20situated%20lawfully%20in%20the,his%20concurrence%20in%20Bridges%20v.

Well we shouldn't be beholden to 100 year old case law. And even at the time, this long deceased Judge was an idiot for reaching this decision. This country is facing a co-ordinated invasion.

Constitutional rights should only be afforded to actual citizens.

We need a moratorium on legal immigration and a mass deportation campaign on illegal immigration. Also need congress to remove birthright citizenship.

Frank Galvin
The_barBEARian said:

D. C. Bear said:

Whiskey Pete said:

Well we shouldn't be beholden to 100 year old case law. And even at the time, this long deceased Judge was an idiot for reaching this decision. This country is facing a co-ordinated invasion.

We need a moratorium on legal immigration and a mass deportation campaign on illegal immigration. Also need congress to remove birthright citizenship.

Congress can't remove birthright citizenship. It's in the Constitution, requires an amendment.

Your post is filled with "just ignore the Constitution." Is that what you really think is best?
Frank Galvin
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Quote:

I have repeatedly said there should be arrests for actual crimes, whether that be unlawful assemnby, trespass, assault, etc. And that has happened. Its just that speech is not one of those crimes.

As far as the evil left, you might note that it all conservatives on this thread who want to restrain and punish speech.
It isn't evil to want to restrain and punish speech that promotes or incites violence. Anyone who is honest knows that "Death to America" and "Death to Israel" is speech that has been acted on many times before, leading to the violent deaths of Americans and Israelis.

I still want an answer to my previous question: do you believe that if someone says they will kill another person on a future date five years from now (so, not imminently) that it should be legal to say, and should be protected speech?

First, I said "imminent" is judged by juries on the facts of each case. Because there is no hard and fast rule, there could be circumstances under which the threat you described is criminal.

Second, to the extent the threat is not imminent I said it is legal and protected, not that it should be.

But third, generally we should not criminalize speech.

The ironic thing is that you are making the same type of argument that comes from the snowflake, woke left. They want to criminalize "hate speech" and remove it from the First Amendment. Their base argument is that the speech itself is the harm, by saying it you satisfy the Brandenburg test because the harm is immediate, not just imminent.

To most sane people , the answer is that whatever harm come from hate speech alone (meaning no violence or trespass attached) is less than the harm that comes from repression of ideas and liberty. Same thing here-without a specific, credible threat the harm of outlawing offensive language far outweighs the harm of allowing it.
D. C. Bear
The_barBEARian said:

D. C. Bear said:

Whiskey Pete said:

I am providing the article for educational purposes, not as a debate over how far the bill of rights should extend to non citizens who are legally in the country.
The_barBEARian
Frank Galvin said:

The_barBEARian said:

D. C. Bear said:

Whiskey Pete said:

Congress can't remove birthright citizenship. It's in the Constitution, requires an amendment.

Your post is filled with "just ignore the Constitution." Is that what you really think is best?

I think removing birthright citizenship is best, Yes. Absolutely!

They literally had to kill half the American citizenry to pass the 14th amendment and that was the beginning of centralized government clawing away our rights in this country.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.