Biden Regime Idiocracy Summed up in New Tariffs

2,761 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Whiskey Pete
Harrison Bergeron
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Biden, who campaigned against Trump's tariffs, launched draconian tariffs against Chinese imports including Coal-powered Cars.

Washington CNN President Joe Biden is increasing tariffs on $18 billion in Chinese imports across a handful of sectors deemed strategic to national security an attempt to cripple Beijing's development of critical technologies and instead prioritize US production.
The increases will apply to imported steel and aluminum, legacy semiconductors, electric vehicles, battery components, critical minerals, solar cells, cranes and medical products. The new tariff rates which range from 100% on electric vehicles, to 50% for solar components, to 25% for all other sectors will take place over the next two years.
"China's using the same playbook it has before to power its own growth at the expense of others," said Lael Brainard, director of the White House National Economic Council. "China's simply too big to play by its own rules."

---
Gives truth to the lie that it was ever about global cooling and promoting coal-powered cars. Amazing this idiot wants to mandate U.S. automakers move to coal-powered cars while preventing the adoption of less expensive coal-powered cards.

Regressives are idiots and hypocrites.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
A tariff is paid by the importer of record (usually American companies). So China Joe just increased the price of solar panels and medical supplies by 50 percent. The tariffs will just be passed on to the American consumer. Sounds like Bidenflation 2.0 to me.

That Joe Biden is one brilliant fella.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
ron.reagan
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

A tariff is paid by the importer of record (usually American companies). So China Joe just increased the price of solar panels and medical supplies by 50 percent. The tariffs will just be passed on to the American consumer. Sounds like Bidenflation 2.0 to me.

I'm not sure if I should point out that that isn't how markets work or that isn't how math works
Wangchung
I'm old enough to remember when democrats said tariffs don't work and Trump didn't understand economics or trade...
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Harrison Bergeron
Wangchung said:

I'm old enough to remember when democrats said tariffs don't work and Trump didn't understand economics or trade...

Democrats generally are stupid and lack principles.
Realitybites
Harrison Bergeron said:

Gives truth to the lie that it was ever about global cooling and promoting coal-powered cars. Amazing this idiot wants to mandate U.S. automakers move to coal-powered cars while preventing the adoption of less expensive coal-powered cards.

Regressives are idiots and hypocrites.

They never intended for the masses to drive Teslas, or Chinese Teslas. Their intent is that the masses are locked into their districts in fifteen minute cities, walking, bicycling, or taking a bus.

That having been said, I am in favor of Tariffs used in stead of income and sales taxes.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
ron.reagan said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I'm not sure if I should point out that that isn't how markets work or that isn't how math works

Great post, Ronnie. So you believe it is China that pays the tariffs? Please tell us more, ole wise one!

-- Barack Obama
Harrison Bergeron
I'm just waiting for the TDSers that were butthurt a few weeks ago about Trump's tariffs to condemn this moron.
Realitybites
The purpose of tariffs isn't to get China to pay tariffs.

The purpose of tariffs is to discourage goods from nations with slave labor wages and living conditions from destroying domestic production and lowering the standard of living of first world nations. We don't need tariffs on products from Canada, Australia, and the EU for example.

The average Chinese salary is $13,000 USD. The average American salary is $67,000 USD per year. So a 450% or so tariff on all Chinese exports to the US is justifiable. "I sensed something...it was as if millions of Goldman Sachs keyboard jockeys cried out in terror at the loss of their six figure bonus and were suddenly silent."

This prevents the "water will find its own level" effect on American society as it trades with a slave labor society.

Maybe then the US Army will march in boots made in North Carolina by Americans instead of ones made by Xi's 4th cousin, 45 times removed. That's going to be important for all the wars you all want to start.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Harrison Bergeron said:

I'm just waiting for the TDSers that were butthurt a few weeks ago about Trump's tariffs to condemn this moron.

Both are idiots

This, like Trumps tariffs, are being levied to support the bungling american union driven carmakers. Instead of letting Americans choose which efficient cheap cars to buy, Americans are forced to buy inferior more expensive union manufactured vehicles. Prop up the unions.
J.R.
Tarriffs are generally never a good idea. Tariffs impact the consumer.
J.R.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Both are idiots

This, like Trumps tariffs, are being levied to support the bungling american union driven carmakers. Instead of letting Americans choose which efficient cheap cars to buy, Americans are forced to buy inferior more expensive union manufactured vehicles. Prop up the unions.

I would disagree to a point. Everyone has the free will to buy what ever car they want, be it a Tesla, Rivian, Ford, GMC, Lexus ect. EV or gasoline. There are options out there. I quite enjoy my little Jap Subaru!
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
And I like my third Miata X5..

Tariffs make imports cost more. This protects the bloated union products at the expense of American consumers.
Harrison Bergeron
As I feel like I state her frequently (not that anyone cares) ... I feel like there are two issues ... the issue itself and the associated hypocrisy and irony.

Two things I find funny:
1. Democrats are the historic party of tariffs and protecting the working class; the moment Trump launched tariffs suddenly "Tariffs bad."

2. Just funny how crazy ass China Joe wants to force everyone into coal-powered cars but then makes the price of coal-powered cars increase.
ron.reagan
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

ron.reagan said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Great post, Ronnie. So you believe it is China that pays the tariffs? Please tell us more, ole wise one!

If there was a 50% tariff on butter would cookies go up 50%? Would this encourage other countries and domestic to jump in and undercut? Would this eventually lead to extremely cheap butter and China wishing they had more toast factories? Nothing in certain and with a ton of variables and a cascading effect on supply chain I'm going to assume your 50% was based on ignorance and not thorough research session.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
ron.reagan said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

ron.reagan said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

If there was a 50% tariff on butter would cookies go up 50%? Would this encourage other countries and domestic to jump in and undercut? Would this eventually lead to extremely cheap butter and China wishing they had more toast factories? Nothing in certain and with a ton of variables and a cascading effect on supply chain I'm going to assume your 50% was based on ignorance and not thorough research session.
Not real sure what to think about your word salad analysis but I will give you a C+ for effort. Butter is just one of many inputs that go into making cookies. Of course the cookies wouldn't go up 50 percent. Solar panels and some steel product lines don't have any domestic producers currently in the United States. These products will more than likely increase close to the full amount because there are no domestic alternatives. American companies have no choice but to pay the tariffs.

No reason to be so condescending Ronnie. It is really not necessary. Have a good evening.

-- Barack Obama
Harrison Bergeron
So why would the rhgard in the White House exponentially increase the cost of coal-powered cars if the moron actually believed in global cooling?!?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Harrison Bergeron said:

So why would the rhgard in the White House exponentially increase the cost of coal-powered cars if the moron actually believed in global cooling?!?
Because coal is not considered "clean energy". The Biden Administration wants you to buy electric cars. Never mind that much of the electricity for electric cars is produced from coal plants.

Wind, solar, and unicorn farts!

-- Barack Obama
Harrison Bergeron
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Because coal is not considered "clean energy". The Biden Administration wants you to buy electric cars.

What do you think provides the power for so-called electric cars?

HINT: coal.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Harrison Bergeron said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Because coal is not considered "clean energy". The Biden Administration wants you to buy electric cars.

What do you think provides the power for so-called electric cars?

HINT: coal.
I agree with you!!! Downright silly! Another brilliant move by the Biden Administration Clown Show.

-- Barack Obama
muddybrazos
J.R. said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Both are idiots

I would disagree to a point. Everyone has the free will to buy what ever car they want, be it a Tesla, Rivian, Ford, GMC, Lexus ect. EV or gasoline. There are options out there. I quite enjoy my little Jap Subaru!
I wasnt aware that you were a lesbian but it makes sense now.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
muddybrazos said:

J.R. said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Both are idiots

I thought for sure J.R. would be a Prius guy!

-- Barack Obama
whitetrash
muddybrazos said:

J.R. said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Both are idiots

BearFan33
I thought China also manipulated their currency to make their exports cheaper here.

I think tariffs applied to the worst offenders (slave labor, technology stealing, currency manipulator, i.e China) is not a bad idea. It might be the only way to fight a partner who is not playing fair. Another thing to consider is China seems to have imperialistic impulses. Knock them back and cheap industry will blossom in India or vietnam or somewhere. We can get our cheap goods from somewhere else. I'm glad someone in the Biden administration has some sense. Maybe they visited Peter Navarro whom they put in prison to get his ideas.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I think I should be able to buy any product from another country without having to pay a tariff to support crooked union bosses and over paid union workers.
BearFan33

I think I should be able to buy any product from another country without having to pay a tariff to support crooked union bosses and over paid union workers.
I think this is absolutely a fair viewpoint. Its a complicated topic.
Doc Holliday

If we have a free trade policy toward others, but they don't have a free trade policy towards us...that's a problem. That's also the reality with China.

Trump's minor trade war with China was a balancing act to make my first point more bilateral/equal.

Biden/Dems, who criticized Trump are now engaging in the same behavior, the difference though is that Biden's tariff is defanged: it has no real effect and is for appearances to attempt to make Bidenomics look better because Trump's economic policies are far superior.
Porteroso
Are you zealots going to support these tariffs like you supported Trump's trade war? If Trump had done this, many conservatives would love it. Don't pretend Dems are the only hypocrites.

Good move on Biden's part. Take away a Trump talking point. Biden taking a few pages from Trump's book is funny on its own, but I think it could actually work.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Porteroso said:

Biden taking a few pages from Trump's book is funny on its own, but I think it could actually work.
Hopefully Dementia Joe can tape those pages back into Trump's Southern Border Immigration Policy playbook. I think it could actually work.

-- Barack Obama
Realitybites
Always wondered how Subaru became known as the LGBT car. Turns out they ran ad campaigns way back in the 90s. They were Bud Light before Budweiser.
william
pro ecclesia, pro javelina
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Doc Holliday said:

If we have a free trade policy toward others, but they don't have a free trade policy towards us...that's a problem. That's also the reality with China.

Trump's minor trade war with China was a balancing act to make my first point more bilateral/equal.

Biden/Dems, who criticized Trump are now engaging in the same behavior, the difference though is that Biden's tariff is defanged: it has no real effect and is for appearances to attempt to make Bidenomics look better because Trump's economic policies are far superior.
He also put a 25% on steel.

The USW is the biggest industrial union in America. The tariffs props them up and penalizes the rest of Americans.

The UAW, another huge union, profits from the tariffs that allow them to offer crappy cars to Americans and takes away the chance to buy a foreign car for a cheaper price.

J.R.
muddybrazos said:

J.R. said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Both are idiots

definitely a lesbian car as my daughter calls it and won't ride in it! Me loves it. I live where the city is very dense in park in a garage and my old fancy car got beat to hell. Sub lets me move around better and paring is easier.
Whiskey Pete
Porteroso said:

Are you zealots going to support these tariffs like you supported Trump's trade war? If Trump had done this, many conservatives would love it. Don't pretend Dems are the only hypocrites.

Good move on Biden's part. Take away a Trump talking point. Biden taking a few pages from Trump's book is funny on its own, but I think it could actually work.
I support the tariffs.

I also support the crow that Biden is forced to eat regarding the tariffs.
Doc Holliday
Porteroso said:

Biden's tariff has no real effect unlike Trump's.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.