Speed cameras needed

3,091 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by FLBear5630
Tempus Edax Rerum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The out of control speeding on Texas freeways is just that, out of control. Time for speed cameras on the freeways in Texas.
muddybrazos
Move to China, commie,
BellCountyBear
If the *******s from Dallas and Austin would just stay home, there would be no speeding through Temple.
Fre3dombear
Thank Obama. Once he slandered the police and made them afraid to do anything and made anyone afraid to take that thankless job due to poor Obama,
People wisened up super fast that there was no chance in getting pulled over.

Of course who did this hurt the most? The blacks as crime skyrocketed in the most crime infested areas.

Ironic. Marxist gonna Marxist
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Tempus Edax Rerum said:

The out of control speeding on Texas freeways is just that, out of control. Time for speed cameras on the freeways in Texas.
You should avoid State Highway 130 from Seguin to Georgetown. 85 MPH. Nice shortcut from taking IH-35, but it is damn expensive. The tolls added about $52.00 on the wife and I's last trip to Dallas and back. That is too much. Next trip we will take our chances on IH-35.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Tempus Edax Rerum
muddybrazos said:

Move to China, commie,

Is it too much to ask to not die on I-35 by idiot drivers.
Realitybites
Tempus Edax Rerum said:

muddybrazos said:

Move to China, commie,

I35 is JV. Try driving I95. It is like a video game, the further south you get the harder the levels get until South Florida which is GTA. Or I75 after the snowbirds come south.
Frank Galvin
Fre3dombear said:

Thank Obama. Once he slandered the police and made them afraid to do anything and made anyone afraid to take that thankless job due to poor Obama,
People wisened up super fast that there was no chance in getting pulled over.

Of course who did this hurt the most? The blacks as crime skyrocketed in the most crime infested areas.

Ironic. Marxist gonna Marxist

Is this sarcasm?
JXL
Realitybites said:

Tempus Edax Rerum said:

muddybrazos said:

Move to China, commie,

I35 is JV. Try driving I95. It is like a video game, the further south you get the harder the levels get until South Florida which is GTA. Or I75 after the snowbirds come south.

The last time I drove I-95, I was going 87 mph and three cars passed me - and not a slow pass either.
nein51
Learn how to drive. There's no reason on a flat straight piece of road that goes for 50 straight miles with 4 lanes you can't go 90+. Cars have come a long way since 1950.

If not for CAFE speed limits would already be much higher.

The real problem isn't speed. It's speed differential when someone going 85 comes up on someone going 65 because they think they need to slow traffic down.
LIB,MR BEARS
Tempus Edax Rerum said:

Wangchung
Tempus Edax Rerum said:

Just stay out of the left lane and everyone will get home safely.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
FLBear5630
Tempus Edax Rerum said:

muddybrazos said:

Move to China, commie,

They do not even need to do Speed Enforcement, just the aggressive drivers. The people weaving through traffic are the problem and those that think the Left Lane is their personal toll lane to do 90 mph.

The Left Lane is mine because I go fast are the ones that get me. ***** that people are going too slow and they should get over. Yet, they NEVER get over. As if exceeding the Speed Limit by 30 miles an hour gives them special privilege.

Look up Speed Harmonization, you would be shocked at how fast and how many people we could move if everyone was doing the same speed.
Daveisabovereproach
I'd rather have traffic cameras than get pulled over for doing 8 mph over on the freeway when at least once per week I see drugged out 20-year-olds doing 110+ in their Dodge Challengers weaving in and out of traffic on 75 through Dallas, forcing everyone to slam on their brakes. How come we never see those guys getting pulled over? The reason is because cops don't really want to enforce traffic laws, they want to hand out tickets to middle-class dudes with families and a mortgage that they know are just going to pay the stupid fine instead of taking a day off work to fight it so that the city can get an easy paycheck. Traffic cameras are police state BS, but the current paradigm also is BS
Fre3dombear
This is obviously what Elon is solving. When TSLA is about $85 you can change your life again if your nimble.
FLBear5630
Daveisabovereproach said:

I'd rather have traffic cameras than get pulled over for doing 8 mph over on the freeway when at least once per week I see drugged out 20-year-olds doing 110+ in their Dodge Challengers weaving in and out of traffic on 75 through Dallas, forcing everyone to slam on their brakes. How come we never see those guys getting pulled over? The reason is because cops don't really want to enforce traffic laws, they want to hand out tickets to middle-class dudes with families and a mortgage that they know are just going to pay the stupid fine instead of taking a day off work to fight it so that the city can get an easy paycheck. Traffic cameras are police state BS, but the current paradigm also is BS
Problem is that we are not enforcing speeding and aggressive driving. The Highway Patrol and Traffic Units used to patrol for the safe operations of the roadway. Now, if it isn't a felony requiring Black Para-Military gear it isn't a big enough deal. This is that Spec Ops environment I was talking about, everyone is some Special Op or it has no value.

Talked to a Paramedic, said he was a Spec Ops Fire Dept Paramedic, doesn't do the common stuff anymore. Same with Police, they are all special units. Asked about traffic safety, not their units thing. They do the hardcore policing. Really? What happened to doing the job? Safety of 150k people a day on a corridor is not a big enough thing?

There are a lot of things that will drive you nuts if you look into them. Yet, we are supposed to go to an "Our Heros" luncheon. I don't attend anymore. I am more a fan of the guy running and moving stuff out of the travel lane in the Orange Vest or the Paramedic that works the normal shift every week or the RN that works the floors. I am sick of adrenaline junkies being the ones getting the credit when 90% of life is done by others every day.
Daveisabovereproach
FLBear5630 said:

Problem is that we are not enforcing speeding and aggressive driving. The Highway Patrol and Traffic Units used to patrol for the safe operations of the roadway. Now, if it isn't a felony requiring Black Para-Military gear it isn't a big enough deal. This is that Spec Ops environment I was talking about, everyone is some Special Op or it has no value.

Talked to a Paramedic, said he was a Spec Ops Fire Dept Paramedic, doesn't do the common stuff anymore. Same with Police, they are all special units. Asked about traffic safety, not their units thing. They do the hardcore policing. Really? What happened to doing the job? Safety of 150k people a day on a corridor is not a big enough thing?

There are a lot of things that will drive you nuts if you look into them. Yet, we are supposed to go to an "Our Heros" luncheon. I don't attend anymore. I am more a fan of the guy running and moving stuff out of the travel lane in the Orange Vest or the Paramedic that works the normal shift every week or the RN that works the floors. I am sick of adrenaline junkies being the ones getting the credit when 90% of life is done by others every day.

It's the same thing with the military. Every single ex-military person you run into was a Navy SEAL or was protecting embassies and doing cool James Bond stuff. There are no cooks or people changing the oil on vehicles or things like that. I have a couple police friends at church. There is a major recruitment issue in most police departments. A lot of cops are cool with that, because it means lots of overtime. Wife and I briefly lived in Duncanville after we got married, and a local cop told us that there was a grand total of 7-8 cops on duty at any given time. That gave me cause for concern (if you know what Duncanville is like), and it caused me to start concealed carrying regularly. When you need them, police are conveniently going to be busy giving traffic tickets to dudes in mini vans, and as you mentioned, they're not going to be bothered to respond quickly unless it's a bank robbery or something high profile
FLBear5630

FLBear5630 said:

It's the same thing with the military. Every single ex-military person you run into was a Navy SEAL or was protecting embassies and doing cool James Bond stuff. There are no cooks or people changing the oil on vehicles or things like that. I have a couple police friends at church. There is a major recruitment issue in most police departments. A lot of cops are cool with that, because it means lots of overtime. Wife and I briefly lived in Duncanville after we got married, and a local cop told us that there was a grand total of 7-8 cops on duty at any given time. That gave me cause for concern (if you know what Duncanville is like), and it caused me to start concealed carrying regularly. When you need them, police are conveniently going to be busy giving traffic tickets to dudes in mini vans, and as you mentioned, they're not going to be bothered to respond quickly unless it's a bank robbery or something high profile
Well, the number of people that die in traffic crashes. Look up the numbers, 43k in 2021, 1.1 million injured. It is not a small issue, yet giving that ticket or enforcing enough to keep speeds down can make a bigger difference in numbers than the "big stuff". But you can't prove a negative, slowing down that minivan may reduce those numbers. I see the numbers everyday, when we have a fatality it is a big deal. Most people don't think the minivan or the F150 with the 40 something golfer is worth pulling over.
nein51
FLBear5630 said:

Tempus Edax Rerum said:

muddybrazos said:

Move to China, commie,

They do not even need to do Speed Enforcement, just the aggressive drivers. The people weaving through traffic are the problem and those that think the Left Lane is their personal toll lane to do 90 mph.

The Left Lane is mine because I go fast are the ones that get me. ***** that people are going too slow and they should get over. Yet, they NEVER get over. As if exceeding the Speed Limit by 30 miles an hour gives them special privilege.

Look up Speed Harmonization, you would be shocked at how fast and how many people we could move if everyone was doing the same speed.

If you're going slower than me you're too slow
If you're going faster than me you're going too fast
Whatever speed I'm going is absolutely perfect

Just sayin
Harrison Bergeron
Need to ticket drivers not passing in the left lane.
mtenery14
Red light cameras were ruled prohibited by the state government. I'm confident that speed cameras would be too.
mtenery14
FLBear5630 said:

Tempus Edax Rerum said:

muddybrazos said:

Move to China, commie,

Enforcing the "Left Lane For Passing Only" signs would be a start. When I drove in the UK, it didn't matter what your speed was -- if you weren't passing someone, you were to get out of the passing lane. They enforced it strictly and it was adhered to well.
midgett
Wish there was a way to prevent cell phone usage and enforce violations.

I'm guilty of an occasional voice text occasionally. I'll happily forfeit any usage if it meant all drivers would be truly banned.

How often do I speed up to pass a car that keeps drifting into my lane? How often (at rush hour especially) after a red light turns green does a car just sit oblivious to the change causing lots of drivers to miss their turn and stew?

Ugh.

And the slow left lane highway driver as traffic is lining up behind them should be ticketed.

And why do people drive 10 mph UNDER the limit on 2 lane highways?
FLBear5630
mtenery14 said:

FLBear5630 said:

Tempus Edax Rerum said:

muddybrazos said:

Move to China, commie,

Enforcing the "Left Lane For Passing Only" signs would be a start. When I drove in the UK, it didn't matter what your speed was -- if you weren't passing someone, you were to get out of the passing lane. They enforced it strictly and it was adhered to well.
That means when done passing, you move right. Not that because you are driving 95 I can stay there and everyone else move over.
nein51
mtenery14 said:

FLBear5630 said:

Tempus Edax Rerum said:

muddybrazos said:

Move to China, commie,

Doesn't work here because the people in the middle lane are going 68 in a 75 pretending like that's just "ok".
mtenery14
FLBear5630 said:

mtenery14 said:

FLBear5630 said:

Tempus Edax Rerum said:

muddybrazos said:

Move to China, commie,

That means when done passing, you move right. Not that because you are driving 95 I can stay there and everyone else move over.
If you're driving 95, chances are you are passing everyone and the people that are going slower should get over.
Daveisabovereproach
FLBear5630 said:

FLBear5630 said:

Well, the number of people that die in traffic crashes. Look up the numbers, 43k in 2021, 1.1 million injured. It is not a small issue, yet giving that ticket or enforcing enough to keep speeds down can make a bigger difference in numbers than the "big stuff". But you can't prove a negative, slowing down that minivan may reduce those numbers. I see the numbers everyday, when we have a fatality it is a big deal. Most people don't think the minivan or the F150 with the 40 something golfer is worth pulling over.

Yeah I totally get that, my point is that the argument could be made that speed cameras could free up cops to respond to other crimes. Speed cameras are also a black-and-white thing. If you're speeding, you're getting a ticket. It would eliminate the current paradigm we see of selective enforcement based on convenience etc that I've described in my other post.
Harrison Bergeron

FLBear5630 said:

FLBear5630 said:

Yeah I totally get that, my point is that the argument could be made that speed cameras could free up cops to respond to other crimes. Speed cameras are also a black-and-white thing. If you're speeding, you're getting a ticket. It would eliminate the current paradigm we see of selective enforcement based on convenience etc that I've described in my other post.

Speeding does not cause accidents. Driving slow in the left lane causes accidents.

Cops should ticket idiots not passing in the left lane and anyone driving in the middle lane driving slower than the speed limit.
Daveisabovereproach
Harrison Bergeron said:

FLBear5630 said:

FLBear5630 said:

Speeding does not cause accidents. Driving slow in the left lane causes accidents.

Cops should ticket idiots not passing in the left lane and anyone driving in the middle lane driving slower than the speed limit.

I generally agree. The cops should not be going after dudes driving 80 mph in a 70 when you're generally keeping up with the flow of traffic. The dudes on crotch rockets weaving in and out of rush-hour traffic? The dudes I see on I 30 and 635 that are clearly racing doing 100+. Yes, but they need to be thrown in prison, not ticketed
Tempus Edax Rerum
Harrison Bergeron said:

FLBear5630 said:

FLBear5630 said:

Actually it does, especially when speeders tailgate in horrendous driving conditions like rain, sleet, or snow.

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/legal/car-accident-statistics/
Tempus Edax Rerum
https://apnews.com/article/rashee-rice-sports-car-crash-dallas-lamborghini-d36bee33712ebb41c4b78f7c3b54b833
Tempus Edax Rerum
Horrendous speeds on North Central. Should have speed camera's lined up and down the expressway.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/triple-digit-speeds-on-central-raise-concerns-about-expressway-turned-speedway/ar-BB1mSZ75?ocid=BingNewsSerp
EatMoreSalmon
mtenery14 said:

FLBear5630 said:

Tempus Edax Rerum said:

muddybrazos said:

Move to China, commie,

How they enforce these laws in the UK...
EatMoreSalmon
Harrison Bergeron said:

FLBear5630 said:

FLBear5630 said:

Any speed too far away from the speed limit causes accidents. As someone else posted, it's the speed differential that causes accidents as drivers get into situations that are asking for too little response time.
Guy Noir
The fallacy of expecting slower cars to move out of the left lane for speeders is that. Cars that travel the speed limit move to the center or right lane get stuck behind cars and trucks going below the speed limit. The car then must wait for the left lane to clear enough to get back in the passing lane. If a person wishes to speed then they should not expect anyone going the speed limit to be required to move for them. The speed limit is the top speed by definition.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.