It's the jury's turn now

10,534 Views | 182 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by 4th and Inches
Waco1947
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's momentous. Obviously.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Waco1947 said:

Did the prosecution ever come up with a crime? Just curious.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
GrowlTowel
Waco1947 said:

It really isn't. I know you want it to be, but you are going to have to beat Trump at the ballot box - either through typical leftist fraud or with legitimate campaign means.
Whiskey Pete
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

Did the prosecution ever come up with a crime? Just curious.
The first crime was that he won in 2016. The second crime is the he's running again in 2024.

I don't think the jury knows it though.
4th and Inches
Waco1947 said:

the flaws in closing /jury instruction alone allow for appeal..

dont celebrate to quickly
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

#50 KAIAN ROBERTS-DAY ( DL )
CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
Realitybites
Democrat Jury Convicts Donald Trump of Being Donald Trump

Let me save the journalists some time and write the headline.
Aliceinbubbleland
I followed most of the trial until closing arguments by Prosecution left me bored. I would hate to be on that Jury. I have no idea what the correct verdict should be.

I'm not sure Trump is guilty of anything other than being a hopeless liar.an obnoxious New Yorker.
Harrison Bergeron
Waco1947 said:

That we agree on. To my knowledge never before has a political machine aligned to use the courts and "creative" prosecutions to undermine democracy.
Johnny Bear
I'm guessing that at least half and prolly more of this jury has been planning on voting to convict from the get go - no matter what - similar to the way that at least most of the jury for O.J.'s murder trial was going to acquit from the start no matter what. Best case scenario for Trump is likely a hung jury, but even if there is a conviction on some or all the manufactured counts it should be a laughably slam dunk appeal over turn.
Doc Holliday
W T F

Doc Holliday
De Niro "Government will Perish"

Trump voters "Awesome, hell yeah"

4th and Inches
Aliceinbubbleland said:

I followed most of the trial until closing arguments by Prosecution left me bored. I would hate to be on that Jury. I have no idea what the correct verdict should be.

I'm not sure Trump is guilty of anything other than being a hopeless liar.an obnoxious New Yorker.
they upped a misdemeanor to a felony and then told the jury they could pick whatever they want to be the crime that made the misdemeanor a felony and did not have to be unanimous on one of the 3 possible crimes.. they never actually chose a specific crime to try and convict him according to the judges instructions. A minority vote divided out across all three crimes would be considered a unanimous guilty verdit as long as all voted him guilty of something

Its abosolutely nuts!
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

#50 KAIAN ROBERTS-DAY ( DL )
CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
Johnny Bear
Doc Holliday said:

What a totally deranged unhinged raving lunatic this guy has become. Seriously, his terminal case of TDS has hopelessly fried whatever tiny brain he ever had.
BellCountyBear
Aliceinbubbleland said:

You mean like most New Yorkers?
midgett
I think most of the jury feel COMPELLED & OBLIGATED to find him guilty of something…anything!

They will agree on some nitpicky thing that won't hold up in appeal just as the judge's ludicrous instructions won't stand on appeal.

But how long does the appeal take? Libs just need something to attack Trump with for 5 months.
Jack and DP
Aliceinbubbleland said:

If you have no idea what the correct verdict should be, then the correct verdict is not guilty.
muddybrazos
Johnny Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

What a totally deranged unhinged raving lunatic this guy has become. Seriously, his terminal case of TDS has hopelessly fried whatever tiny brain he ever had.
I think DeNiro has been involved with underage sex rings like Epstein and he may face prosecution if Trump is elected. There's no way he would care this much unless something serious was riding on it.
Harrison Bergeron
Johnny Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

The mouthbreathers have been doing this since at least Reagan.
STxBear81
How can the courts get this far with the travesty ? Against a former President. Really
Is amazing.
Forest Bueller_bf
Doc Holliday said:

W T F

Anybody that still thinks this is a fair trial or even a REAL trial, that premise has been totally shot to hell
by the Judge in this case.

You want to see bonafide election interference, here it is right in our face.

This is nothing more than a party and an administration using the guise of the Law to try and take Trump
out of the picture. Nothing more whatsoever. And I do not like Trump at all. I've had 3 primaries with the opportunity to vote for him and haven't ever done it.

You want to talk about Banana Republics and such, here it is, right in our face and everybody seems to be
agreeable with it.

So I voted Trump in 2016, sat out 2020 because, again I don't like Trump and my vote would have no influence anyway, but this year I'm voting for him if he's not in jail, if for nothing else a protest against the pathetic shame the progressive democrat machine has become. It's like they aren't even Americans any longer.
Johnny Bear
STxBear81 said:

How can the courts get this far with the travesty ? Against a former President. Really
Is amazing.

It's also amazing - and a sad testament to how generally dumbed down the electorate has become - that more people don't realize how truly dangerous this precedent of allowing sham Stalinist style show trials to be used to persecute political enemies is - regardless of how you personally feel about Trump. Talk about a REAL threat to democracy……..
Doc Holliday
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Doc Holliday said:

W T F

Anybody that still thinks this is a fair trial or even a REAL trial, that premise has been totally shot to hell

This is nothing more than a party and an administration using the guise of the Law to try and take Trump
out of the picture. Nothing more whatsoever. And I do not like Trump at all. I've had 3 primaries with the opportunity to vote for him and haven't ever done it.

You want to talk about Banana Republics and such, here it is, right in our face and everybody seems to be
agreeable with it.

So I voted Trump in 2016, sat out 2020 because, again I don't like Trump and my vote would have no influence anyway, but this year I'm voting for him if he's not in jail, if for nothing else a protest against the pathetic shame the progressive democrat machine has become. It's like they aren't even Americans any longer.
Glad to hear it.

Yes, the point is endless lawfare which acts as election interference. They're willing to taint the system to achieve it.
Osodecentx
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Well, he can be grateful that those aren't the charges.

If we have no idea what the correct verdict is that would mean we don't know beyond a reasonable doubt
riflebear
Harrison Bergeron
Johnny Bear said:

STxBear81 said:

Is amazing.

It's also amazing - and a sad testament to how generally dumbed down the electorate has become - that more people don't realize how truly dangerous this precedent of allowing sham Stalinist style show trials to be used to persecute political enemies is - regardless of how you personally feel about Trump. Talk about a REAL threat to democracy……..
This. Democracy is more important than TDS.

If one does not want Trump as president again, defeat him fairly at the ballot box not with Stalinist-style tactics that are actual THREATS TO DEMOCRACY.
Johnny Bear
midgett said:

I think most of the jury feel COMPELLED & OBLIGATED to find him guilty of something…anything!

They will agree on some nitpicky thing that won't hold up in appeal just as the judge's ludicrous instructions won't stand on appeal.

But how long does the appeal take? Libs just need something to attack Trump with for 5 months.

Plus, assuming the debates do in fact happen, it would give dementia Joe a third talking point in addition to Jan. 6th and abortion to use as a distraction from his miserably failed policies and the issues the majority actually cares about - at least as long as whatever drugs he's on allow him to recall what his handlers have programmed him to say.
Forest Bueller_bf
Johnny Bear said:

midgett said:

Plus, assuming the debates do in fact happen, it would give dementia Joe a third talking point in addition to Jan. 6th and abortion to use as a distraction from his miserably failed policies and the issues the majority actually cares about - at least as long as whatever drugs he's on allow him to recall what his handlers have programmed him to say.
It so obviously partial and so obviously an abuse of the intended purpose of our Courts, a fair, no a sane individual will be able to see through this show trial for what it is. It is so egregious it might even help Trump.

This is VERY bad stuff going on. It is insane. Only a nut job would think it is fair or balanced scales of justice.
KaiBear
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Doc Holliday said:

W T F

agreeable with it.

Dems flagrant political manipulation and persecution in New York courts represent the gravest threat to our individual freedoms since Woodrow Wilson and World War 1.

Suspect these same Dems will have to resort to even more flagrant efforts at voter fraud to even stand a chance of beating Trump in November.

As the American people are increasingly angry on what the Biden Administration is doing to their standard of living and quality of life.

Just hope we aren't in a ground war by Election Day.
redfish961
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Johnny Bear said:

midgett said:

It so obviously partial and so obviously an abuse of the intended purpose of our Courts, a fair, no a sane individual will be able to see through this show trial for what it is. It is so egregious it might even help Trump.

This is VERY bad stuff going on. It is insane. Only a nut job would thing it is fair or balanced scales of justice.
Yeah, it is very obvious.

I followed it just to see and it's just been very little to nothing.

It's mind boggling to me that this case was ever brought to trial.

I firmly believe this would not occur with any other citizen at this moment in time, therefore obviously political motivations.

It needs to stop.
boognish_bear
riflebear
Doc Holliday
Democrats and even GOP applauding the targeting of Trump at the expense of further destroying the system because he's supposedly "racist, sexist etc." and that somehow makes it ok, is the same behavior that's been destroying our country for quite some time.
JXL
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Doc Holliday said:

W T F

agreeable with it.

I believe it is normal in a criminal trial that when multiple means are alleged to commit a crime, the jury need not agree on precisely which means was used - but that doesn't mean a guilty verdict was not unanimous.

There may be other errors in this trial, but this is not likely one of them.
Waco1947
Calling something "nonsense" does not make it "nonsense'. It's your opinion. I hope the jury is guided by better values and principles.

This fodder should provide another 2 pages of grievance outrage and ad hominin attacks. As always have fun.
Forest Bueller_bf
JXL said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Doc Holliday said:

W T F

agreeable with it.

I believe it is normal in a criminal trial that when multiple means are alleged to commit a crime, the jury need not agree on precisely which means was used - but that doesn't mean a guilty verdict was not unanimous.

There may be other errors in this trial, but this is not likely one of them.
Well when or if the guilty verdict coming up is overturned on appeal we will know for sure. By your comment you must be a lawyer, so I would have to believe you have a great understanding. I have a lawer friend who feels the instruction are fodder for an overturn, but it just seems the Judge is way too invested in trying to get Trump. I would guess he is a lifetime Democrat and likely a donor for him to seem so partial.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.