Biden Quitting Campaign

11,365 Views | 158 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by whiterock
whiterock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
KaiBear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

It's Kamala's party now

Good grief she is dumber than a box of bricks.

Biden isn't much of a downgrade from her, I don't see the purpose of a
replacement if this is the replacement.

There is a reason she was totally destroyed by Tulsi in the debates back in

Some people are just blessed to fall up. Harris is example 1A.

Regardless of any promises made to Harris in 2020.

She will not get the Dem nomination for president in 2024.

Harris is simply too stupid for even the woke crowd to stomach.

Respective governors of Michigan, Pennsylvania and California are all now trying to convince the Big Donors to support their efforts.

You're looking at what ought to be rather than the real battlefield. Here's a text I sent a few minutes ago to a relative who ask for my assessment. Apologize in advance for the text-see but the essence should convey.

"Didn't see the Biden interview.

Team Trump has handled this one very, very well.

Dems are ****ed. If Joe doesn't agree to resign from office, they have no pathway forward. Given current polling, they MUST win Wi, Mi, AND Pa. All three. Well, they're down in all three by the margin of error (meaning best case they're tied) plus momentum is running against them, and Trump always over-performs his polling. So for the replacement strategy to work, they must replace him on all three of those states. Problem is ballot access deadlines have already passed in ALL THREE. so that means they must get BOTH houses of ALL THREE legislatures to pass a bill changing state law to facilitate the switch. And that's where they run out of gas….GOP controls at least one house of the legislature in WI and PA. Only in MI could they get the bill passed. So they're two states and 26 electoral votes short.

Of course, Dems can and likely will lawyer up and get court orders to clear pathways, but GOP is already gearing up to stop them. So it will not be easy or timely, CERTAINLY not before the Democrat Convention.

So they'll probably have to hope to force Biden to step down and swear in Kamala. That is a different scenario which will avoid all the last minute legislation and legal wrangling. They can use the convention to anoint a new VP and try to build a compelling narrative from there.

At least, that's how I see it at the moment. But it all depends on a senile old man having to agree to resign from office over the protestations of his wife and son. If he doesn't do it, they'll have to use the 25th Amendment. Not a timely or elegant option, and will give a LOT of fodder to Team Trump. But it'll do.

Monday will be a big day"

KaiBear
whiterock said:

KaiBear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

It's Kamala's party now

Respective governors of Michigan, Pennsylvania and California are all now trying to convince the Big Donors to support their efforts.

You're looking at what ought to be rather than the real battlefield. Here's a text I sent a few minutes ago to a relative who ask for my assessment. Apologize in advance for the text-see but the essence should convey.

Dems are ****ed. If Joe doesn't agree to resign from office, they have no pathway forward. Given current polling, they MUST win Wi, Mi, AND Pa. All three. Well, they're down in all three by the margin of error (meaning best case they're tied) plus momentum is running against them, and Trump always over-performs his polling. So for the replacement strategy to work, they must replace him on all three of those states. Problem is ballot access deadlines have already passed in ALL THREE. so that means they must get BOTH houses of ALL THREE legislatures to pass a bill changing state law to facilitate the switch. And that's where they run out of gas….GOP controls at least one house of the legislature in WI and PA. Only in MI could they get the bill passed. So they're two states and 26 electoral votes short.

Of course, Dems can and likely will lawyer up and get court orders to clear pathways, but GOP is already gearing up to stop them. So it will not be easy or timely, CERTAINLY not before the Democrat Convention.

So they'll probably have to hope to force Biden to step down and swear in Kamala. That is a different scenario which will avoid all the last minute legislation and legal wrangling. They can use the convention to anoint a new VP and try to build a compelling narrative from there.

At least, that's how I see it at the moment. But it all depends on a senile old man having to agree to resign from office over the protestations of his wife and son. If he doesn't do it, they'll have to use the 25th Amendment. Not a timely or elegant option, and will give a LOT of fodder to Team Trump. But it'll do.

Dems simply have to remove Biden. Otherwise Tump is sure to win.

Regardless how messy Biden will get dumped and the media will gloss it over. By Election Day all will be forgiven if not forgotten by Dem partisans.
Fre3dombear
KaiBear said:

whiterock said:

KaiBear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

It's Kamala's party now

Regardless how messy Biden will get dumped and the media will gloss it over. By Election Day all will be forgiven if not forgotten by Dem partisans.

Digital and mail in voting

This is all p&s
ScottS
If there is a replacement, will it be one of these......Hillary Clinton, Jill Biden, Michael Obama, Hunter Biden, Gov Newsom, Gov Witmer, Schumer, Bernie Sanders?
Whiskey Pete
ScottS said:

If there is a replacement, will it be one of these......Hillary Clinton, Jill Biden, Michael Obama, Hunter Biden, Gov Newsom, Gov Witmer, Schumer, Bernie Sanders?
Wouldn't be surprised if Joe doesn't make it to the end of the year and Dr. Jill Biden steps in his place to run as the grieving widow to carry on his "legacy".

Not saying it will happen, just saying at this point, nothing would surprise me.
whiterock
KaiBear said:

whiterock said:

KaiBear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

It's Kamala's party now

if he doesn't willingly step aside, it's going to be difficult for them to get anyone else on the ballot in the states the swing states they MUST win. Is there a pathway? Sure. But it goes thru two state legislatures where GOP controls a house (PA/WI). Then it must clear state court challenges there, and in MI as well. Then there will be federal challenges. I suspect all the legal challenges are likely to fail, but one or two may not and certainly nothing is going to get resolved immediately. So even if GOP Is unsuccessful, the fight would badly disrupt timing and messaging. Would be incredibly risky to use the convention to float out a potential new VP if Biden is still the legal candidate........

Campaigns can raise interest, and they can raise money; they cannot raise TIME. Dems have two weeks to get Biden to resign from office willingly, which would make the statutory ballot issues go away across the country. If he will not do that, then they have a LOT of work to do and severe problems with having enough TIME to get it all done. 121 days until election. Tomorrow, there will be 120. Monday will be 119...etc....

Biden dithering is a nightmare scenario for them. If they push him to hard, he might dig in his heels....
KaiBear
All solid reasons why Dems will dump Biden asap but certainly before their convention.

They will pay off Jill for her 'cooperation' and of course Joe as well.

Harris is the real problem. If the Dem power brokers piss her off the black vote walks away.

So a big check coming her way too.

In total guessing anywhere between 20-40 million changes hands.

Also expect Joe to resign the presidency for 'health reasons' before the November election making Harris the first woman president.

Thus keeping a promise made to Harris back in 2020.

BusyTarpDuster2017
Joe Biden, in an ABC interview with George Stephanopoulos, when asked if he would step aside if he was no longer the best Democrat to beat former President Donald Trump:

"If the Lord Almighty comes down and tells me that, I might do that,"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-says-hes-not-dropping-out-unless-lord-almighty-comes-down/ar-BB1puR3U?ocid=BingNewsSerp

All the democrats then said, "Obama has already told you!"
whiterock
Good checklist here. It's what a campaign to force a resignation looks like.

Osodecentx
whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

When you see well sourced political reporting with 180-degree conflicting info, you can assume a war is afoot. This tweet explains what we are probably seeing. And may see for a while. Certainly puts in perspective what we saw in Democrat media after the debate - the median launching an offensive to drive Biden off the ticket.

Who is DC Draino? Who are his sources? Has he broken big stories in the past?
Rogan O'Handley, bio here:
https://www.tpusa.com/dcdraino

He's a guy with opinions. As are you & i
But no better access than you or I

Rogan O'Handley (@DC_Draino) is a former entertainment lawyer who now posts conservative political commentary and news on social media to his more than 5 million combined followers. He earned two bachelor degrees, magna cum laude, in political science and criminal justice from Northeastern University. He earned his law degree from the University of Chicago Law School.

Maybe, maybe not. 5,000,000 followers usually denotes some consistency.
and some stroke with electeds and other commentators. He's a very bright guy, gifted communicator (makes more doing it than practicing law), and lives the political milieu, in no small part because people who persuade him can tap into his following of 5m people......or bear the wrath of it if they get crossways with him.

I don't always agree with him. But the analysis he posted above is sound. Comports with what I have seen & intuited.

But rather than wallow around in genetic fallacy, perhaps OSO should tell us where his assessment has proven incorrect, rather than just throw bricks at someone he finds too enthusiastically partisan/conservative to be a good Republican.

He's just a guy with an opinion looking for clicks
avoiding substance with ad hominem, again. What did he say that was incorrect?
What did he say that has happened? How often has he been correct in the past?
He's a former entertainment lawyer turned social media influencer

Whoever posts this doesn't trust him. Why not give him some clicks?

Rogan O'Handley, better known by the name DC Draino, is an American right-wing political commentator, social media influencer, and former entertainment lawyer.[url=https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Rogan_O'Handley#cite_note-:0-1][/url] He has amassed a following of more than 5 million followers on Facebook Instagram and X (formerly Twitter) combined as of March 2024.

So your response is that because someone else with an impressive law degree and a blog with a readership of 30k disagrees with him, his own impressive law degree and 5 million readership is irrelevant.

You could not possibly have posted a better example of how self-defeating moderate arrogance can be. The question about which guy will have more impact on the coming election is fairly obvious. But he's not of any interest to you because…..harrumph! Nope, better to write in the name of the mailman rather than try to understand what's happening because it might require harder choices than you're willing to make.
I posted months ago that Biden would not run. You and I know as much as he does and we have impressive degrees.
You post it as though it came down from Mt Sinai on stone tablets. You are right. His opinion is of no interest to me, but you go ahead and worship at his feet waiting for his next tweet.

I asked about his record of accuracy. You either don't know or won't say.

Jacques Strap
Jacques Strap
LIB,MR BEARS
Jacques Strap said:

This isn't anything new.

How dumb do dems have to be to believe this hasn't been occurring on a regular basis?

The public has been repeatedly lied to and dems are just now figuring that part out.
Whiskey Pete
KaiBear said:

All solid reasons why Dems will dump Biden asap but certainly before their convention.

Harris is the real problem. If the Dem power brokers piss her off the black vote walks away.

Also expect Joe to resign the presidency for 'health reasons' before the November election making Harris the first woman president.

Wouldn't be surprised if he isn't above ground by the election.
Harrison Bergeron
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Jacques Strap said:

This isn't anything new.

How dumb do dems have to be to believe this hasn't been occurring on a regular basis?

The public has been repeatedly lied to and dems are just now figuring that part out.
The dims are not just now figuring it out. They just realized the path to retaining authoritarian control is not through Biden anymore. They've always known it. Look at this board - the average dim on this board creates a completely new reality based on the issue at hand.
KaiBear
Whiskey Pete said:

KaiBear said:

Dems won't hurt the old fool.

Hell they will make a hero out of him once he steps down.
The media will go into super overdrive PRAISING him for leaving.

Anything to cover their failure to tell the American people the truth about Biden's mental health back in 2020.

The Dems had ZERO business nominating a man in his mental condition. And they knew his status. So did the MEDIA.
LIB,MR BEARS
Whiskey Pete said:

KaiBear said:

Dems floated a trial balloon on Friday

CLAIM: President Joe Biden had a "medical emergency" aboard Air Force One on Friday. AP'S ASSESSMENT: False. There were no signs of a medical emergency on the flight, according to an Associated Press reporter who was traveling with Biden.
Realitybites
Parkinson's Specialist Met With White House At Least 9 Times Since July 2023

"A Parkinson's disease specialist from Walter Reed Medical Center visited the White House at least nine times in the past year, according to journalist Alex Berenson of Unreported Truths, while the NY Post has reported that a cardiologist was present during one of the visits.

Dr. Kevin R Cannard traveled to the White House's medical clinic each time, meeting with either President Joe Biden's personal physician Dr. Kevin O'Connor, or a naval nurse who coordinates care for the president and other senior officials."
LIB,MR BEARS
Realitybites said:

"A Parkinson's disease specialist from Walter Reed Medical Center visited the White House at least nine times in the past year, according to journalist Alex Berenson of Unreported Truths, while the NY Post has reported that a cardiologist was present during one of the visits.

Dr. Kevin R Cannard traveled to the White House's medical clinic each time, meeting with either President Joe Biden's personal physician Dr. Kevin O'Connor, or a naval nurse who coordinates care for the president and other senior officials."

SHOCKED!! Shocked I tell ya.
KaiBear
Realitybites said:

The media is doing the same Dem ordered turn around on Biden that they ordered on oil Bernie in 2020.

Dems are ruthless

Whiskey Pete
KaiBear said:

Realitybites said:

The media is doing the same Dem ordered turn around on Biden that they ordered on oil Bernie in 2020.

Dems are ruthless

I remember in '04 when Howard Dean was "The" guy, until the dems decided they wanted a vet running against Bush. The media dropped Dean like a hot potato. Dean went from the top to slop in a 2 week period.
whiterock
Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

When you see well sourced political reporting with 180-degree conflicting info, you can assume a war is afoot. This tweet explains what we are probably seeing. And may see for a while. Certainly puts in perspective what we saw in Democrat media after the debate - the median launching an offensive to drive Biden off the ticket.

Rogan O'Handley (@DC_Draino) is a former entertainment lawyer who now posts conservative political commentary and news on social media to his more than 5 million combined followers. He earned two bachelor degrees, magna cum laude, in political science and criminal justice from Northeastern University. He earned his law degree from the University of Chicago Law School.

and some stroke with electeds and other commentators. He's a very bright guy, gifted communicator (makes more doing it than practicing law), and lives the political milieu, in no small part because people who persuade him can tap into his following of 5m people......or bear the wrath of it if they get crossways with him.

I don't always agree with him. But the analysis he posted above is sound. Comports with what I have seen & intuited.

But rather than wallow around in genetic fallacy, perhaps OSO should tell us where his assessment has proven incorrect, rather than just throw bricks at someone he finds too enthusiastically partisan/conservative to be a good Republican.

Rogan O'Handley, better known by the name DC Draino, is an American right-wing political commentator, social media influencer, and former entertainment lawyer.[url=https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Rogan_O'Handley#cite_note-:0-1][/url] He has amassed a following of more than 5 million followers on Facebook Instagram and X (formerly Twitter) combined as of March 2024.

So your response is that because someone else with an impressive law degree and a blog with a readership of 30k disagrees with him, his own impressive law degree and 5 million readership is irrelevant.

You could not possibly have posted a better example of how self-defeating moderate arrogance can be. The question about which guy will have more impact on the coming election is fairly obvious. But he's not of any interest to you because…..harrumph! Nope, better to write in the name of the mailman rather than try to understand what's happening because it might require harder choices than you're willing to make.
I posted months ago that Biden would not run.
Yet he did. and it looks like he will finish the race unless his party removes him via the 25th.

You and I know as much as he does and we have impressive degrees.
Perhaps the difference is an open mind.

You post it as though it came down from Mt Sinai on stone tablets.
Not at all. Just noting that he's making a lot of sense in that one post.

You are right.
Not always, but to a very high percentage so far on the course of this election.

His opinion is of no interest to me, but you go ahead and worship at his feet waiting for his next tweet.
you should consider expanding your horizon of thought a little bit.

I asked about his record of accuracy. You either don't know or won't say.
The post in question was pretty spot on. If you think he's wrong, say so.

you are single digit verkrampte, almost a caucus of one.
Waco1947
Mr. President, I know what my I saw at the debate. We cannot afford that kind of freezing up with business people, labor, Congress, and diplomacy. I know with my eyes saw
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Waco1947 said:

Mr. President, I know what my I saw at the debate. We cannot afford that kind of freezing up with business people, labor, Congress, and diplomacy. I know with my eyes saw
Who the Hell are you and what have you done with Waco1947? Why are you posting on his computer?
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Waco1947
Look I have always been about truth - i know what my eyes at the debate and on J6. Both prove to me that both candidates are deeply flawed and will not serve this country well.
LIB,MR BEARS
Waco1947 said:

How are you just now learning this? Have you been lied to? If so, by who and with what agenda?
Waco1947
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Waco1947 said:

How are you just now learning this? Have you been lied to? If so, by who and with what agenda?
I saw it and it confirmed my suspicions.
LIB,MR BEARS
Waco1947 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Waco1947 said:

How long have you had these suspicions?

What do you make of all the quotes from MSM in the spring saying he was sharp, on his game, well informed? Did they lie? If so, with what agenda?
Waco1947
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Waco1947 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Waco1947 said:

How long have you had these suspicions?

What do you make of all the quotes from MSM in the spring saying he was sharp, on his game, well informed? Did they lie? If so, with what agenda?
I had my reservations then about his age but had no other data on which to make a judgement but then the debate happened so I wrote to him, "Mr. President, I know what my I saw at the debate. We cannot afford that kind of freezing up with business people, labor, Congress, and diplomacy. I know with my eyes saw."
Again, it is like J6 except Trump people refuse to what my eyes.
There should be consequences for both both candidates yet T always escapes them.
If I can own to my President's failings so can you.
The democratic party can not give a pass to Biden.
The Rs cannot continue to give a pass to a President who tried to overturn an election.
Osodecentx
whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Wangchung said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

You and I know as much as he does and we have impressive degrees.
Perhaps the difference is an open mind.

His opinion is of no interest to me, but you go ahead and worship at his feet waiting for his next tweet.
you should consider expanding your horizon of thought a little bit.

you are single digit verkrampte, almost a caucus of one.
I should be open minded like you? LOL

I've wondered if you are an employee of the Trump campaign.
Forest Bueller_bf
ScottS said:

Jill Biden and Michelle Obama have literally no qualifications to run for president. Yea they are over 35 so they CAN run, but they have done nothing to qualify them for the job besides exist.
KaiBear
Waco1947 said:

You have witnessed such afflictions since 2020.

Even a few weeks ago you were defending him.

It's the recent poll numbers that opened your 'eyes'.

Nothing more.
Oldbear83
Here is the situation. The Democrats have four options:

(1) Keep Biden as the nominee.
(2) Dump Biden for Harris as the nominee.
(3) Dump both Biden and Harris and run one of the known 'big' names
(4) Dump Biden and Harris and run a young relatively unknown candidate in hopes of reincarnating Bill Clinton

The problem with (1) is what we have seen over the past month. The Democrats could only win if they find a way to win over Independents from supporting Trump.

The problem with (2), is that Jill and Joe Biden will fight like hell to keep Joe as the nominee, plus the fact that Harris can't beat Trump in the polls, plus the fact that as much as Joe comes across as a doddering old man who can't tell what day it is, Harris often comes off as bat-crap crazy and cannot even blame that on age.

The problem with (3), is first, the FEC will only allow Joe's $240 million war chest to be spent by Biden or Harris, the only two names listed with the FEC at the time of donations, so the new nominee will have start with $0, both Biden and Harris will try to undercut the nominee for at least part of the remaining campaign, and the polling so far does not show that brand name Democrats fare better against Trump than does Biden.

The problem with (4) is the same as (3), except that the new nominee will have no polling track record, and while the nominee might be the next Bill Clinton, he/she is statistically more likely to be the next Paul Tsongas.

Put it all together, and the Democrats will roll the dice and hope their attack machine finally costs Trump support and lets Biden - once again - pull out a win with no credible skills or visible effort.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
4th and Inches
Waco1947 said:

glad you can see the truth..
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

#50 KAIAN ROBERTS-DAY ( DL )
CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
Malbec
4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

glad you can see the truth..
I don't know what he said with that last sentence, and I don't think he does either.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.