Biden Drops Out

7,140 Views | 149 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by LIB,MR BEARS
Mitch Blood Green
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Breaking news.
Married A Horn
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-ends-bid-second-term-white-house-he-drops-out-his-2024-rematch-trump
Mitch Blood Green
IMO Dems should have let the voters decide.
Wangchung
Sounds like he needs to resign the presidency.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Married A Horn
Democrats are a threat to democracy:

'Hey, the guy our people voted to be on the ballot is losing in the polls. Replace him now!'
Oldbear83
Wangchung said:

Telling that he is not.

Hurricane Kamala starting as soon as she learns the DNC doesn't want her.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Mitch Blood Green said:

Think of all those wasted ballots that have already been filled out!!!!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Aliceinbubbleland
Pick your poison. Newsome or Harris.

Is Manchin a too distant long shot? This will be the most interesting Democratic convention in my 8 decades lifetime. . I presume whoever Biden endorses will win the nomination.
Kamala Harris: Lina Hidalgo on steroids.
Aliceinbubbleland
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Biden just came out and endorsed Harris. He got one last jab in and screwed the Democrat Party.

Life is good!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
whitetrash
In 1944, Dems knew that FDR was too infirm to serve another term, but didn't want to replace him with WWII still going on. When he died less than 3 months after inauguration, America got:

Give 'Em Hell Harry.

This time, with Biden finally pushed aside, America gets:

Give 'Em Head Harris.
Doc Holliday
Johnny Bear
Oldbear83 said:

Wangchung said:

Telling that he is not.

Just further proof that the dementia man never has been the President as far as actually managing or running anything or making any significant decisions. King Charles of England is probably less of a figurehead by comparison.
BellCountyBear
If he's not fit to run for president, he's not fit to BE president.
Johnny Bear
I wonder what kind of a payoff Biden and his family are getting for this(?).
ATL Bear
The most telling sentence in Biden's statement release is, "I believe it is in the best interest of my party and the country for me to stand down,".

Party before country. Victory at any cost. The fact he isn't stepping aside completely (resigning) given the condition that is leading to this decision even compounds the pathetic nature of this move.
Redbrickbear
BellCountyBear said:

He never was

One of the worst (and dumbest) Senators we have had.

He was the credit card industries man in the Senate and was able to keep that seat for 40 years because Delaware only has 1 million people…its basically just a city

He was not know for any great pieces of Senate legislation or Statesmanship or even foreign policy achievements.

He biggest accomplishment was just being a loyal party follower and get rewarded for it
Osodecentx
Prediction: one by one the likely contenders for the Democrat nomination will decline to un and endorse Harris. The DNC will be a coronation of Harris
ron.reagan
Redbrickbear said:

BellCountyBear said:

He never was

One of the worst (and dumbest) Senators we have had.

He was the credit card industries man in the Senate and was able to keep that seat for 40 years because Delaware only has 1 million people…its basically just a city

He not know for any great pieces of Senate legislation or Statesmanship.

He biggest accomplishment was just being a loyal party follower and get rewarded for it

Which current democratic senators would you say are more intelligent?
Mitch Blood Green
Osodecentx said:

Prediction: one by one the likely contenders for the Democrat nomination will decline to un and endorse Harris. The DNC will be a coronation of Harris

No other way to move forward. Conceptually, we place ideas of how government should work within the party structure. It's how our politics work.
Harrison Bergeron
#democracy
Redbrickbear
LIB,MR BEARS
Mitch Blood Green said:

Breaking news.
Are there ever coincidences in politics?
Assassin
Wonder if this is when Kamala's California secrets start to tumble out.

Last year 59% of California voters in a Berkeley Institute of Governmental Studies poll said they would not welcome her on the top of the ticket.

And remember the extreme lefty Willie Brown was her Cali mentor. San Francisco Mayor that pretty much destroyed that once beautiful city

In March 1994, San Francisco Chronicle's legendary columnist Herb Caen described the scene at Brown's surprise 60th birthday party. Clint Eastwood was there, wrote Caen, and he "spilled champagne on the Speaker's new steady, Kamala Harris." Brown had a reputation for dating much younger women. In his column, Caen described Harris, then a deputy district attorney of Alameda County, as "something new in Willie's love life. She's a woman, not a girl."

But from the beginning of her political career, Harris has seen her connection with Brown as a liability a cudgel that opponents can use against her and, at worst, a tired, sexist trope used to question the legitimacy of her ascendant career. In the first run to be San Francisco's district attorney, Harris deliberately hired a campaign consultant known for working with clients outside the Brown political machine. During that same campaign, she described her past relationship with the former speaker and mayor as "an albatross hanging around my neck."
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Football in Texas, Texas Music, and our newest Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
https://calmatters.org/politics/2024/07/kamala-harris-california-background/
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Football in Texas, Texas Music, and our newest Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Johnny Bear
Mitch Blood Green said:

Well Mitch, given we're talking about the dims, that's a really novel concept - but when you're trying to "save democracy" who cares about what the majority of your voters actually voted for??
KaiBear
Was obvious Biden was doomed the moment the debate was over.

The American people should be furious that the Democrats imposed a full on dementia case on our country in 2016..

Not surprised Biden endorsed Harris .

That undoubtedly was a promise he made to her in 2020 in order for her to give up an ultra safe senate seat becoming VP.
Assassin
I think Harris's biggest boost/demise will come from the debates with Trump. If he is seen as oppressive or trying to intimidate her, it could easily backfire and he lose a lot of voters
KaiBear
Assassin said:

I think Harris's biggest boost/demise will come from the debates with Trump. If he is seen as oppressive or trying to intimidate her, it could easily backfire and he lose a lot of voters

Harris will be relentlessly attacking Trump.

It's her strong suit…..totally vicious.

Trump needs to keep his cool and stay out of her playpen.
Johnny Bear
Assassin said:

Rest assured the MSM will portray any criticism of her - no matter how well founded - as "racist" and/or "misogynistic".
Mitch Blood Green
Who is VP? Buttigeg? Whitmer? IMO it has to be a contrast to Vance.

RD2, wanna meet me in Chicago for the convention.
Mitch Blood Green
Johnny Bear said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Well Mitch, given we're talking about the dims, that's a really novel concept - but when you're trying to "save democracy" who cares about what the majority of your voters actually voted for??

2 margaritas and a two hour flight, let's see how I feel later.
KaiBear
Wangchung said:

80% chance Biden does just that .

Was the game plan since 2020.
Wangchung
KaiBear said:

Wangchung said:

80% chance Biden does just that .

Was the game plan since 2020.
Hopefully he is either 25thed out or steps down before pardoning Hunter, and leaves Kamala that political grenade to jump on.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
LIB,MR BEARS
Johnny Bear said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

so does this put you in the Sanders camp, the Kennedy camp or, the Biden camp. There's so many disenfranchised camps in the democrat party that it's hard to keep up.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.