Biden Drops Out

7,485 Views | 149 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by LIB,MR BEARS
Doc Holliday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is a coup.
whitetrash
ATL Bear said:

Assassin said:

Shocking…

Hoes before Bros
Jacques Strap
FLBear5630
Assassin said:

Obama does not endorse Harris

https://nypost.com/2024/07/21/us-news/barack-obama-doesnt-endorse-kamala-harris-says-dems-will-pick-outstanding-nominee/

Michelle...
Aliceinbubbleland
I think they will all coalesce around Harris now. Too risky for them to have internal fight.
Kamala Harris: Lina Hidalgo on steroids.
FLBear5630
Doc Holliday said:

This is a coup.

They are Biden's delegated to commit and Harris is on the ticket to boot. There is not even a money issue if it is Harris.
Assassin
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Football in Texas, Texas Music, and our newest Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Mitch Blood Green
Assassin said:

So apparently there was some talk with Notre Dame and Miami to join Clemson and FSU IF, Yormark pulls off the private equity deal. I missed that a couple of days ago.

FSU is getting a bad rap. SEC and B1G called them "disruptive"
Assassin
Mitch Blood Green said:

Assassin said:

So apparently there was some talk with Notre Dame and Miami to join Clemson and FSU IF, Yormark pulls off the private equity deal. I missed that a couple of days ago.

FSU is getting a bad rap. SEC and B1G called them "disruptive"
Oops, wrong thread!
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Football in Texas, Texas Music, and our newest Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
ShooterTX
This is very well said.

ShooterTX
Doc Holliday
Jack Bauer
This feeling from Dems feels like BaylorFans hoping for a new QB. The first one is not doing great and everyone wants to replace him. When the new QB comes in, the Baylor fan base is pumped up with enthusiasm until....reality sets in. The 1st QB was actually better

I think this is where the Dems are now..false hope
Jack Bauer
Forest Bueller
Johnny Bear said:

Assassin said:

I think Harris's biggest boost/demise will come from the debates with Trump. If he is seen as oppressive or trying to intimidate her, it could easily backfire and he lose a lot of voters

Rest assured the MSM will portray any criticism of her - no matter how well founded - as "racist" and/or "misogynistic".

Yep. As a person of color will get thrown out there often. We will hear convicted felon over and over although the charges conviction were completely trumped up.
KaiBear
Doc Holliday said:

This is a coup.

The President of the United States has not confirmed his withdrawal with any public statement.

The vice president has not made a public statement.

Who in the world is leading our government ?
If Biden is too feeble both mentally and physically to run for re election ……how in the world is he able to continue as our Commander in Chief for the next 5 months ?
Assassin
Just read that this will be the first Presidential election since 1976 to not have a Biden, Bush, or Clinton on the ticket.
Assassin
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Jack Bauer said:

I suspect Covid may be defeating Biden at this juncture. I don't think he is on his deathbed, but the fact he has not addressed the nation in person tells me things are not as they seem. Something is amiss.

I don't want the old dude to die. I just want him to step down. All he will be doing the next five months is warming a chair. Nothing more.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Fre3dombear
whitetrash said:

In 1944, Dems knew that FDR was too infirm to serve another term, but didn't want to replace him with WWII still going on. When he died less than 3 months after inauguration, America got:

Give 'Em Hell Harry.

This time, with Biden finally pushed aside, America gets:

Give 'Em Head Harris.

That's funny. I don't care who you mail in your ballots for
Grumpy
WH Chief of Staff apparently informed the Cabinet, not the President. That is very irregular. All of this is peculiar, to say the least.
Fre3dombear
Maybe Biden no longer with us
BusyTarpDuster2017
And they forced him out on National Ice Cream Day, to boot.

Such poetic ironies just aren't scripted by man.
nein51
Hear me out.

They are going to lose and they know it. Running Harris is like calling someone you don't want to call at a time you're almost sure they aren't going to be around. You get credit for having called but you don't actually have to talk to anyone.

They get all the credit for running a black woman knowing full well they aren't going to win and just get started on 2028. They get to call everyone racists and sexist and misogynist for not voting for their black woman which makes them feel good inside.

Trump, if he can keep his mouth shut for about 100 days, wins in an absolute landslide. "Joe was always a tough competitor and foe. I wish him the best in his retirement"…now let's spam the airways with how hand picking a nominee with no vote and no convention goes against 200+ years of what American "democracy" and freedom means. Add her VP ratings on a loop. Add any host of her word salad and cackling.

If Republicans cant slam dunk this election there's really no reason to have a party any longer.
Jack Bauer
KaiBear
nein51 said:

Hear me out.

They are going to lose and they know it. Running Harris is like calling someone you don't want to call at a time you're almost sure they aren't going to be around. You get credit for having called but you don't actually have to talk to anyone.

They get all the credit for running a black woman knowing full well they aren't going to win and just get started on 2028. They get to call everyone racists and sexist and misogynist for not voting for their black woman which makes them feel good inside.

Trump, if he can keep his mouth shut for about 100 days, wins in an absolute landslide. "Joe was always a tough competitor and foe. I wish him the best in his retirement"…now let's spam the airways with how hand picking a nominee with no vote and no convention goes against 200+ years of what American "democracy" and freedom means. Add her VP ratings on a loop. Add any host of her word salad and cackling.

If Republicans cant slam dunk this election there's really no reason to have a party any longer.

Donors don't give away hundreds of millions of dollars to a candidate they assume is going to lose.

90% of the media is going to glorify Harris.
90% of the media is going to hysterically vilify Trump.

Voter harvesting in certain precincts of Detroit, Philadelphia, Atlanta and Chicago will magically result in 120% 'voter' turnouts.

Illegals will be voting by the thousands in Arizona, California and New Mexico.

Harris could easily be our last president.

Jack Bauer
Forest Bueller_bf
Harrison Bergeron said:

#democracy
"democracy"
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Jack Bauer said:

This administration doesn't even respect or listen to the Supreme Court. What makes you think they will follow a few little lousy election laws? Who is going to stop them?
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Forest Bueller_bf
Aliceinbubbleland said:

I think they will all coalesce around Harris now. Too risky for them to have internal fight.
Absolutely.
Jack Bauer
Forest Bueller_bf
When Harris dropped out of the 2020 Democratic primaries she was polling about 3%
and was totally decimated by anybody with any ability in debates.

Not saying democrats can't win. Of course they can.

I don't underestimate Trumps ability to screw up a good thing.
Jack Bauer
don't worry guys, we have Mamala!

Waco1947
Harris and how we, Democrats, handles her nomination is our problem so righties thank you very your input no...wait the GOP's concerns are immaterial.
Forest Bueller_bf
Waco1947 said:

Harris and how we, Democrats, handles her nomination is our problem so righties thank you very your input no...wait the GOP's concerns are immaterial.
It's a religion and politics forum. Of course every opinion is equally valid.

Tell you what, going by your standard, Trump is the republicans problem.

So why don't you never say another damned word about Trump on here since
obviously in your mind your opinion is immaterial.
Waco1947
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Waco1947 said:

It's a religion and politics forum. Of course every opinion is equally valid.

Tell you what, going by your standard, Trump is the republicans problem.

So why don't you never say another damned word about Trump on here since
obviously in your mind your opinion is immaterial.
Well played. You are of course right. Say what you want about Harris/Biden So post away
but not all opinions are valid
Ido not think "All opinions are valid, simply by virtue of being that person's sincerely held perspective".

a)but I do think some opinions are valid across the board is automatically valid like "My opinion is that almond fudge ice cream' is as valid as "No, it's not vanilla is." There is no way to disprove these opinions.

b) Or the opinion has a reasonable basis - so long as we recognize it for what it is, just their unprovable view and nothing more.
That's different from treating it as actual fact. Here's one from Johnny Bear "Rest assured the MSM will portray any criticism of her - no matter how well founded - as "racist" and/or "misogynistic"
This is not reasonable until he show such comments by MSM
Here's another "WH Chief of Staff apparently informed the Cabinet, not the President. That is very irregular. All of this is peculiar, to say the least." 'Apparently' is not a fact but an opinion so all that follows is not valid.
One more Busytarp "And they forced him out on National Ice Cream Day, to boot." 'Forced is an opinion and not a fact.
However, once there is evidence that impacts the validity, then it becomes testable. If the opinion passes the test, it gets promoted to "fact". If it fails the test, that is reasonable basis for disbelief.
Unknown author

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.