Romney thought he had it in the bag Part II

579 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 15 min ago by Frank Galvin
Fre3dombear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The polls had him believing they'd beat Marxist Obama even after he took a dive in debates 2 and 3

Same setup here.

So much money will be lost betting on trump
Mothra
Fre3dombear said:

The polls had him believing they'd beat Marxist Obama even after he took a dive in debates 2 and 3

Same setup here.

Romney wasn't ahead in any of the polls. After his first debate, he narrowed Obama's lead, but he was consistently behind Obama in all of the major polls. The gap widened as the election got closer.

Polling in this case is completely different. Trump is now ahead in most of the swing states, and he is winning certain demographics that are a good indicator he could win this election, perhaps even convincingly - as long as he doesn't do something to screw it up. That was never the case for Romney.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
Mothra said:

Fre3dombear said:

Same setup here.

Romney wasn't ahead in any of the polls. After his first debate, he narrowed Obama's lead, but he was consistently behind Obama in all of the major polls. The gap widened as the election got closer.

Polling in this case is completely different. Trump is now ahead in most of the swing states, and he is winning certain demographics that are a good indicator he could win this election, perhaps even convincingly - as long as he doesn't do something to screw it up. That was never the case for Romney.

/Edited
OP: If it's not obvious to you by now, Romney was on the same team as Obama. Just a snake playing his part.

Fre3dombear
Mothra said:

Fre3dombear said:

Same setup here.

Should have been more clear. He said his internal polling.
4th and Inches
Fre3dombear said:

Mothra said:

Fre3dombear said:

Same setup here.

trumps public polling has never been this good in 3 runs. He won and he lost. His share was under sampled both times previously. It is possible they are over sampling now but doubtful.

We are now in the final poll window where polling firms have to drop the truth.. or their best attempt at it
Osodecentx
TinFoilHatPreacherBear said:

Mothra said:

Fre3dombear said:

Same setup here.

If it's not obvious to you by now, Romney was on the same team as Obama. Just a snake playing his part.

You nominated Romney, I voted for your preferred candidate, never again
Mothra

Mothra said:

Fre3dombear said:

Same setup here.

If it's not obvious to you by now, Romney was on the same team as Obama. Just a snake playing his part.

Trying to determine what in the world that has to do with my post.
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Fre3dombear said:

Same setup here.

How do you you know Romney was his preferred candidate?

I know you like to play this little schtick that you're no longer a Republican, but it's pretty disingenuous to try to disavow association with the party when you consistently voted Republican in the Republican primaries for years prior to 2024.

Truth is, Romney was YOUR preferred candidate. You love you those milquetoast Republicans.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
Mothra said:

Mothra said:

Fre3dombear said:

Same setup here.

He's wasn't ahead in the polls. He knew he wasn't likely going to win, but claimed he thought that they would. He was just playing the part.
Sorta like McCain, he knew he he was running for second place.
Mothra

Mothra said:

Mothra said:

Fre3dombear said:

Same setup here.

He's wasn't ahead in the polls. He knew he wasn't likely going to win, but claimed he thought that they would. He was just playing the part.
If you will read the second post on this thread, you'll see I said "Romney wasn't ahead in any of the polls." So I am still trying to figure out your point.
Mothra
Fre3dombear said:

Mothra said:

Fre3dombear said:

Same setup here.

I've seen no evidence whatsoever that Romney "thought he had it in the bag."

Again, you're comparing apples to oranges. Trump is in a MUCH better spot than Romney was, against a MUCH weaker candidate.
ScottS
Romney and McCain were terrible candidates. They were never ahead in the polls.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
Mothra said:

Mothra said:

Mothra said:

Fre3dombear said:

Same setup here.

If you will read the second post on this thread, you'll see I said "Romney wasn't ahead in any of the polls." So I am still trying to figure out your point.

Got it now, mistaken identity. I was having a w47 moment. I was responding to OP. My apologies.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Fre3dombear said:

Same setup here.

I don't keep up with TDS logic, so what on earth does this even mean?
Mothra

Mothra said:

Mothra said:

Mothra said:

Fre3dombear said:

Same setup here.

Got it now, mistaken identity. I was having a w47 moment. I was responding to OP. My apologies.
NP. Thanks/
Osodecentx

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Fre3dombear said:

Same setup here.

I don't keep up with TDS logic, so what on earth does this even mean?
You nominated Romney, & now you tell us he was a snake. I vote for your candidate and you knew he was not good. Why would I vote for your candidate this time. In a year or so you'll tell me that Trump was a snake
Osodecentx
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Fre3dombear said:

Same setup here.

I know you like to play this little schtick that you're no longer a Republican, but it's pretty disingenuous to try to disavow association with the party when you consistently voted Republican in the Republican primaries for years prior to 2024.

Truth is, Romney was YOUR preferred candidate. You love you those milquetoast Republicans.
I voted for Romney and the rest of your presidential candidates, then you tell me they are milquetoast Republicans. Why should anyone trust your opinion?

I note also, that you consider yourself an influencer who is very persuasive in you family and circle of friends..

This year, you influence them to vote for Trump while posting over here how deficient you candidate is.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
Note to self: reply to posts correctly.
Osodecentx

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Fre3dombear said:

Same setup here.

I voted for Romney and the rest of your presidential candidates, then you tell me they are milquetoast Republicans. Why should anyone trust your opinion?

I note also, that you consider yourself an influencer who is very persuasive in you family and circle of friends..

This year, you influence them to vote for Trump while posting over here how deficient you candidate is.

You re a weird dude. I am not an influencer, nor claimed to be one. Perhaps when I was younger I spent more time time on it but now I spend little time trying to influence anyone in real life on politics, though sure enough I do teach my kids about watching our for the groomers. As for posting here, well I just come here to post because it's some (mostly) smart dudes that like to banter on politics in a non hostile environment. Hyperbole is rampant but I'm good with that, makes it fun.

Romney was never my guy, though I supported him over the alternative.

So yeah, your narrative here on me just seems off. Why would I not openly talk about a candidates deficiencies with anyone, here or in the real world? And what deficiencies do I focus on here?
That post was a response to Mothra, not you.
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Fre3dombear said:

Same setup here.

Why did you vote for your party's presidential candidate in the primaries if he's so milquetoast? Why did you continue to support your party's presidential candidates for years if they were so terrible? Perhaps you continuing to support your party's weak presidential candidates in the primaries is the reason we ended up with Trump - blowback for all the milquetoast candidates your party nominated for years.

I don't consider myself an "influencer" outside of anyone but my immediate family. My family is full of liberals and milquetoast "conservatives" such as yourself who have Trump Derangement Syndrome. Most of them, like you, will be supporting Kamala Harris, either through their vote or non-vote.

As for Trump, he is truly a deficient candidate. The difference between you and I is I understand that the only viable alternative is actually dangerous to the country and conservative causes, and a much worse candidate if you are an actual conservative. You are either a) blinded by your hatred for Trump, and are unable to see the big picture; or b) aren't really conservative.

Osodecentx
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Fre3dombear said:

Same setup here.

Why did you vote for your party's presidential candidate in the primaries if he's so milquetoast? Why did you continue to support your party's presidential candidates for years if they were so terrible? Perhaps you continuing to support your party's weak presidential candidates in the primaries is the reason your party nominated Trump.

I don't consider myself an "influencer" outside of anyone but my immediate family. My family is full of liberals and milquetoast "conservatives" such as yourself who have Trump Derangement Syndrome. Most of them, like you, will be supporting Kamala Harris, either through their vote or non-vote.

As for Trump, he is truly a deficient candidate. The difference between you and I is I understand that the only viable alternative is actually dangerous to the country and conservative causes, and a much worse candidate if you are an actual conservative. You are blinded by your hatred for Trump, and are unable to see the big picture.
in re: not voting for Trump
Please get your Trump KJV Bible out and turn to the US Constitution. Jan 6 disqualifies Trump.
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Fre3dombear said:

Same setup here.

Why did you vote for your party's presidential candidate in the primaries if he's so milquetoast? Why did you continue to support your party's presidential candidates for years if they were so terrible? Perhaps you continuing to support your party's weak presidential candidates in the primaries is the reason your party nominated Trump.

As for Trump, he is truly a deficient candidate. The difference between you and I is I understand that the only viable alternative is actually dangerous to the country and conservative causes, and a much worse candidate if you are an actual conservative. You are blinded by your hatred for Trump, and are unable to see the big picture.
Please get your Trump KJV Bible out and turn to the US Constitution. Jan 6 disqualifies Trump.
And yet, the Supreme Court hasn't disqualified him. So I guess you're wrong again.

You prefer Kamala Harris and her dangerous policies, which means you are either a) blinded by your hatred for Trump, and are unable to see the big picture; or b) aren't really conservative.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
Osodecentx said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Fre3dombear said:

Same setup here.

You re a weird dude. I am not an influencer, nor claimed to be one. Perhaps when I was younger I spent more time time on it but now I spend little time trying to influence anyone in real life on politics, though sure enough I do teach my kids about watching our for the groomers. As for posting here, well I just come here to post because it's some (mostly) smart dudes that like to banter on politics in a non hostile environment. Hyperbole is rampant but I'm good with that, makes it fun.

Romney was never my guy, though I supported him over the alternative.

So yeah, your narrative here on me just seems off. Why would I not openly talk about a candidates deficiencies with anyone, here or in the real world? And what deficiencies do I focus on here?
That post was a response to Mothra, not you.

Dude, I'm really sorry. I need to stay off my phone. 2nd time today. Apologies for my post. Will clean it up above.
Redbrickbear
Fre3dombear said:

Same setup here.

Importing in millions of 3rd worlders has probably helped to make sure Trump (or any populist right figure) can never be elected again.

A final solution to the American conservative problem.
Frank Galvin
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Fre3dombear said:

Same setup here.

And yet, the Supreme Court hasn't disqualified him. So I guess you're wrong again.

You prefer Kamala Harris and her dangerous policies, which means you are either a) blinded by your hatred for Trump, and are unable to see the big picture; or b) aren't really conservative.
The man sat on his thumbs while the US Capitol was attacked because he liked the fact those doing the attacking did it on his behalf. There has never been a clearer dereliction of presidential duty, no matter what led up to it. You do not have to agree that it is disqualifying, but to act like people who see that day as disqualifying are oblivious to the "danger to the country" is a really close-minded thought process.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.